PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
TheHatter

Captain Simian's Gamercard
Platinum Combo Ratings

I only need two more medals to 1000 this game. I need the platinum medal for combos one Electro, Carnage or Mysterio. I have gotten a 100 hit combo on the Msterio level and a 34 hit combo on the Electro level, both only end up giving me about 15000 when I need 19000. I haven't tried the Carnage level again yet. Is there an easy way to raise my combo rating and does anyone now how high a combo you need for the platinums in these levels? Theres only one place I can think to get a higher combo than the 34 in the Electro level but it's based on luck and I don't want to have to play the entire level if I don't get it high enough.

TheHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:08 AM   #2
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
Stringing together massive combos won't help you. The important thing is using as many combos as possible within the level.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Density Jo

Density Jo's Gamercard
the best thing to do is use that move "eight legged fury" for higher combo rating

50,000G Achieved on 01/06/2011 by "The best pirate I've ever seen" Achievement (LEGO Pirates)
70,000G Achieved on 20/10/2012 by "Sage" Achievement (AC: Revelations)
Xbox Died in 2012 so I cant be bothered to buy a 4th one in case that one dies as well
Moved to PS3 now, sorry, PSN DensityJo if you want to get in touch

Density Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
miGu sama

miGu sama's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Density Jo View Post
the best thing to do is use that move "eight legged fury" for higher combo rating
Agreed. It should also go without saying that you shouldn't stick to one combo the entire time. Make use of the crowd clearing moves and the charge attack within a hit string.

By the way, OP, you don't need to get Platinum medals on Mysterio's level. You need only get Platinum rank for the first 12 levels.
miGu sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
TheHatter

Captain Simian's Gamercard
I know I don't need platinum on Mysterio, but from what I understand it needs to be on 12 levels, not the first 12 levels, so I need any two of the three.

TheHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Tripl299

Tripl299 x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah i'm having trouble with the combo on carnage also. I also need 2 more levels completed and have sandman(time), juggernaut(time), and carnage(combo) to get it. Thinking sandman and carnage would be the easier two, but those damn sand demons are tough, they block almost everything. I found out the combo counter only goes to x999!! lol Did at the beginning of the carnage level and only finished with like 14000 something.

Any help would be great!!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
How big the combo is DOESN'T MATTER. Vary your combo use, and you'll get several thousand over the Platinum requirement, easy.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As said above, the Eight Legged Fury move is like a guaranteed platinum on combos. I was going for the time platinum on Sandman, avoiding all combat I could, and using 8 Legged on all the smaller sand demons for a 1-combo kill. I ended up blowing the time by 10 seconds, but nabbed the combo platinum without even trying to mix things up, and only fighting about 20-25 enemies.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
Tripl299

Tripl299 x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
To use the 8 legged attack, i know you have to launch the guy into the air, do you also have to be in the air also or can you be standing on the ground while he is in the air and it work??
Old 10-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had trouble with the whole airborne thing at first too, but it's just:
  • Hold Y for sweeping attack that launches enemy AND brings Spidey up with them for a second.
  • Immediately punch in X, X, Y, X

Spidey will bring the enemy back to the ground before going into a cool visual where he's seemingly in stop motion due to speed. It's unmistakeable if you do it right.

This only works on light enemies, maybe medium too, but the big guys can't be launched. Just Y the hell out of them.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Tripl299

Tripl299 x3h's Gamercard

Thank you will try that!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
1k'd it some minutes ago, Platinum wasn't that hard, i managed to get 2-3 Platinums at my first try on each level.

Noir levels are easy, just do your thing and when you have to fight use Eight Legged Fury and mash Y for big enemies.

Others: Skip all the fights you can and use Eight Legged as often as possible, y for bigger enemies and Y+B for masses (Carnage).

I skipped Electro because of all the One Hit enemies. Platinum Combo on Carnage is easy if you ELF all enemies with rifles and those little red bastards, when you have to fight.

Spiderman 2099s Special Move is veeeery useful. Use it for suicide enemies, when you want to kill the big guys within a short time (mash Y and make them shoot themselves) or you free fall. Its easy to finish the Mysterio section within 1-2min.

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
Ademus XP7

Send a message via AIM to Ademus XP7

Ademus XP7's Gamercard
yeah just need combo plat on doc ock lvl i know skippn bad guys helps 2 the guide says 2 just fight ppl frm stopping u complete ur goals but that lvl has a huge amount of bad guys n i keep on getting only 18000
Ademus XP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Chuunks

Chuunks's Gamercard
I can't use the 8-Legged Combo on Electro ... none of the enemies are able to be launched into the air. I've failed 3 combo runs so far ... Suggestions?

Chuunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 AM   #15
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
I know this is late, but for Electro, you cannot rely on eight legged fury. I got 23059 combo score on that level by doing the following:

- NEVER EVER EVER PRESS RB FOR RAGE.
- For one hit kill enemies, mix it up. Maybe press X for three, Y for three, jump then press Y, press Y+B, and then press X + A, and everything in between. i did this throughout the level.
- The first two battles against Electro are your chance to use heavy combos. I was mashing XXYYY or YYY or a mixture of the two with a little Y + B in the middle.
- Never once did I use the eight legged fury OR Rage, and had 4059 combo score to spare.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #16
LOST3o3

LOST3o3's Gamercard
i have but only one issue with the eight legged fury. it doesn't work what so ever on electrode's level. being that all the enemy's (besides the large purple enemys) die in 1 hit. i only end up with about 17,900 evey time and make it to the 20:00min mark every time, how ever if you even land on the 20:00 mark for any reason you wont get the medal needed fpr the chevo. any help with combo ideas and better timing please let me know . and thanks again
LOST3o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #17
naughtydog

Naughtydog POL's Gamercard
I've done it with very simple method... speedrun and combo using x,y and b in random combination. Of course I've used RAGE and surprise... I've had 23k. With speedrun I understand skip so much enemies as you can. With this method you'll have platinium time and combo awards.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
Finally !

Halle-freakin-luah !

I got Platinum Combo on Carnage after waiting 3 months to get back to it.

19,212 ... barely enough.
Hate that level.

It seems variety of combos is what you need. Not number of combos.

And I did Platinum everything on the hardest levels first:
-Mysterio
-Carnage
-Electro

Let's hope the rest of the game is a breeze.

UPDATE:
Doctor Octopus was a challenge.
But YES, the other earlier levels were a cinch compared to Carnage.

SPIDER-MAN: SHATTERED DIMENSIONS 1000G, Mar 7th 2012

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"

Last edited by E vee dub; 03-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
TerrorTubbie

TerrorTubbie's Gamercard
Finally

Finally got them all
TerrorTubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #20
TheBritt2001

Send a message via ICQ to TheBritt2001 Send a message via AIM to TheBritt2001 Send a message via MSN to TheBritt2001

thebritt2001's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I know this is late, but for Electro, you cannot rely on eight legged fury. I got 23059 combo score on that level by doing the following:

- NEVER EVER EVER PRESS RB FOR RAGE.
This guy has a point. I found that most levels were easy to get the combo rating high using the eight legged-fury attack for most of the level. However the ULTIMATE Spider-Man levels seemed to be so much harder, they're the ones where I had to vary my attacks to get the rating up and even then it was often only just over the 1900 mark. I think using RAGE probably lowers your rating somehow, I'm guessing because you're usually spamming the x or y buttons.
TheBritt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote