PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Truth or Lies
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
KillerBEA

The BEAst in I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Community Gaming - Emerald   The Helping Hand   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Silver   Artist of the Month   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline:1000, 28/28
-Online: 0, 0/28
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 1-3 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1.5 Standard games, 7 rounds of hotseat
-Number of missable achievements:15
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheatcodes
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No, no difficulty settings
-Glitchy achievements: No, but the voice recognition is off
-Unobtainable achievements: No
-Extra equipment needed? Yes, a mic (not a headset) is required for all achievements

Introduction: Welcome to truth or lies. This game is really easy and really short; it has 28 achievements for 1000 gamerscore and should take less 2 hours but can take longer do to the voice recognition is a little off. To make this easier and get an achievement calibrate your voice right away and make it sounds or talk into the mic so it knows what you sound like when you are lying and telling the truth...

Breakdown:

Step 1: 8 players and calibration.
In this step, set up your name and calibrate your voice. After that setup 7 more players and start the game, as soon as the game starts The full house achievement will pop. Now back out and start up a 2 player long game.

In this step you will earn:
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Is it getting hot in here?
  • Fullhouse
Step 2: Play through a long game.
In this step you should try to knock out as many achievements as possible. In theory you are able to unlock all but the hot seat achievements in 1 long game, but it is recommended you do it 1 long game and part of another.

In this step you should earn:
  • Original Sinner
  • Coming clean
  • Goody two shoes
  • Honest John/Jane
  • In it for the long haul
  • You can breathe out now
  • Mute
  • Take the fifth
  • Saint
  • Sinner
  • Choir of angels
  • Morally Bankrupt
  • Consistent
  • Fibber
  • Procrastinator
  • Confindence game
  • A bad bunch
  • Habitual liar
  • Dubious
Step 3: Playthrough 7 rounds of hot seat
Now is the time to get all the hot seat achievement. You don't even need to think of a question just answer based on the results that you want. So for telling the truth set next to fan and for lying screech into the mic.

In this step you should earn:
  • Close to home
  • Is that so?
  • Judge & Jury
  • Senior Interrogator
  • Chief Interrogator
  • I thought I knew you
Step 4: Cleanup
What ever achievements you don't have at this point this is the time to get it so you can have your very easy 1000. So start up a game with 2 players and answer accordingly to the achievements you still need.

Conclusion:
All in all this game is very easy and should take no longer than 3 hours at most. The hardest part is figuring out what exactly counts as a lie or the truth. Enjoy the game for what its worth and take that very easy completion for your own.

As an added bonus this game is playable in a PAL and NTSC xboxes.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 11-15-2010 at 05:37 AM.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
KillerBEA

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Community Gaming - Emerald   The Helping Hand   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Silver   Artist of the Month   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1
Sweaty Palms 20
Register your name
This is the first thing you do when starting the game, just enter your name on the keyboard and then say it into the mic when prompted. He will then give you a nickname and you get your achievement.

Is It Getting Hot in Here? 20
Calibrate your voice
Right after you get your nickname from the announcer you will be given the option to calibrate your voice so its easier to detect whether you are lying or cheating. For sake of ease just make noise into the mic and duplicate that sound when you have to answer questions later on. Ok just for example; when calibrating the truth put the mic next to a fan and when its time to lie pat the mic against your hand. Now whenever the achievement requires you to lie just answer the question by screeching into the mic against your hand and putting it next to the fan. I am using this example throughout the guide.

Full House 20
8 players register for a game of Truth or Lies®
Just create 8 characters to play with, you only need to calibrate your voice for your main character though. You will get this when the game starts, so once it pops back out and start a 2 person game. Note: You only need 1 mic for this achievement.

Original Sinner 20
Register a lie in a standard game
If you followed the advice in the Is it getting hot in here? achievement then just screech into the mic when you need to answer the questions.

If you are having trouble lying or telling the truth refer to this thread on what other users have done.

Coming Clean 20
Register a truthful response in a standard game
Same as Original Sinner except set the mic next to the fan.

Goody Two-Shoes 20
A player answers 2 consecutive truthful responses
Just like Coming Clean except for 2 consecutive questions by the same.
player.

Honest John / Jane 20
A player scores over 900 points for any question in any round
Honestly this is all about luck, the scoring system has no consistency so just keep telling the truth and you will get it eventually.

In It for the Long Haul 30
Complete a long game of Truth or Lies®
Play a long game as your first game and you will both this and You Can breathe out now

You Can Breathe Out Now 20
Complete a game of Truth or Lies®
Just complete 1 full game can be long, medium, or short so do a long one to cut down on time spent.

Mute 20
A player fails to answer a question
When the counter for the question starts make sure not make ANY noise into the mic and once time runs out it will say invalid answer and you will get you achievement.

Take the Fifth 20
A player fails to answer 3 consecutive questions
For this one just do the same as Mute except it has to be 3 consecutive questions by the same player/character. My advice is just set down the mic and leave for a few minutes. Should be unlocked when you get back.

Saint 65
A player answers with the truth for every question in a single round
I believe a round is 3 or 4 questions only 1 of the players need to tell the truth. Apparently fans are very honest objects; so for 1 round set the mic next to an on fan. I would recommend staying though to make sure it registers as the truth since once or twice it did count as a lie for me. Will pop during the round results.

Sinner 65
A player answers with a lie for every question in a single round
Same idea as Saint except screech into the mic so it registers as a lie for every question in a round. Will pop during the round results.

Choir of Angels 65
All players answer with a truth on any question in a single round.
Same idea as Saint but both players must tell all truths so might as well do these 2 at the same time. Will pop during round results.

Morally Bankrupt 65
All players answer with a lie on any question in a single round
Same idea as Choir of Angels except both players must lie for every single question.

Consistent 65
A player achieves the same placing in every round
Do this at the same time as Habitual Liar, as long as the same character comes in last 2 rounds in a row, both achievements will unlock.

Fibber! 40
A player registers 3 consecutive lies in a standard game
Same as Original Sinner except it needs to be 3 consecutive lies by the same player/character.

Procrastinator 40
A player takes more than 9 seconds to answer a question
You have about 10 seconds to answer a question, just fill up the bars and wait until 9 seconds have passed to hit A and answer the question.

Confidence Game 40
A player takes less than 6 seconds to answer a question
You need to answer in 5 seconds or less! You need to be loud and consistent and mash the A button to answer once the bar fills.

A Bad Bunch 40
A player wins a round with a score of 1000 points or lower
Follow this route to get the achievement with the least amount of stress:
2 player normal 15 minute game

Q1 P1 Lie
Q1 P2 Lie/Truth(long as they don't score 1000)
Q2 P1 Lie
Q2 P2 Don't answer
Q3 P1 Don't answer
Q3 P2 Don't answer

So basically as long as when you get to question 2 of player two and BOTH players are under 1000 you can not answer the last 3 questions and get it even if youu get stuck with truth on one of the first 3 questions its fine long as neither player goes over 1000 points. They real key is to get to get P1 to be under 1000 because even if P2 scored 995 on their first question your not answering their other 2 questions anyways.

Habitual Liar 40
A player comes last in 2 consecutive rounds
Do this at the same time as Consistent, one player should lie all the time and the other should tell the truth.

Dubious 40
A player receives most truthful and least truthful in a single round
Follow the route in A Bad Bunch and it should unlock as long as the person who told the truth answers with the lowest scoring lie as well.

Close to Home 20
A player answers a Hot Seat question truthfully
Just start up a round of hot seat and answer the first question truthfully, if you followed what I said in Is it hot in here? set next to the fan for the question and as long as it registered as the truth you will get the achievement.

Is That So? 20
A player answers a Hot Seat question with a lie
Start up a round of Hot seat and answer the question with a loud screech a.k.a the lying sound.

Judge and Jury 20
Record a Hot Seat question
Just start up a round of Hot seat and it will pop even before answering the question.

Senior Interrogator 40
Record 10 Hot Seat questions
See Chief interrogator.

Chief Interrogator 65
Record 20 Hot Seat questions
This is the only real grind in the game, but still doesn't take long at all. Each round has 3 questions. So complete 7 rounds of Hot seat.

I Thought I Knew You 40
A player registers a lie to every question in a Hot Seat round
Same idea as Original Sinner except in a round of hot seat,instead of a standard game.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 11-14-2010 at 05:08 AM.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm very interested in seeing your strategy for "A Bad Bunch"
I've gotten the other achievements with ease, but have no idea how this game is even scored.

EDIT: I think I have devised a method. I'll let you know if it works.

Last edited by DOOKH8R; 09-16-2010 at 07:23 PM.
DOOKH8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
I'm very interested in seeing your strategy for "A Bad Bunch"
I've gotten the other achievements with ease, but have no idea how this game is even scored.

EDIT: I think I have devised a method. I'll let you know if it works.
I lie for everything on both except for 1 truth it should, if you lucky which alot of this game is luck imo it should score low.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I lie for everything on both except for 1 truth it should, if you lucky which alot of this game is luck imo it should score low.

Q1 P1 Lie
Q1 P2 Lie/Truth(long as they dont score 1000)
Q2 P1 Lie
Q2 P2 Dont answer
Q3 P1 Dont answer
Q3 P2 Dont answer

So basically as long as when you get to question 2 of player two and BOTH players are under 1000 you can not answer the last 3 qs and get it even if u get stuck with truth on one of the first 3 qs its fine long as neither player goes over 1000 points. They real key is to get to get P1 to be under 1000 because even if P2 scored 995 on their first question your not answering their other 2 q's anyway so.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post

Q1 P1 Lie
Q1 P2 Lie/Truth(long as they dont score 1000)
Q2 P1 Lie
Q2 P2 Dont answer
Q3 P1 Dont answer
Q3 P2 Dont answer

So basically as long as when you get to question 2 of player two and BOTH players are under 1000 you can not answer the last 3 qs and get it even if u get stuck with truth on one of the first 3 qs its fine long as neither player goes over 1000 points. They real key is to get to get P1 to be under 1000 because even if P2 scored 995 on their first question your not answering their other 2 q's anyway so.
Wow i didnt even think of that i was pulling my hair out over it to grrrrrrr
Old 09-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Airman Rufio

Airman Rufio's Gamercard
Thanks for the roadmap and guide. One of the easiest 1000s. Though getting 3 lies in a row in hot seat took about 45 mins itself.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #8
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
is this game likely to be released in the uk? i want easy pts!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
the glutton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketman316 View Post
you can play it on a PAL 360. This game will work on PAL and NTSC-U/C consoles
the glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketman316 View Post
Being released in November in the UK, according to GAME and Amazon.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
the glutton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Being released in November in the UK, according to GAME and Amazon.
or if you cant wait that long you can import it. This game is NTSC & PAL compatible meaning the NTSC game will play on PAL machines
the glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #12
KillerBEA

Updated the guide and road map.

Re-ordered certain achievements.
Fixed some grammar and spelling.
Added the region coding.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #13
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
Slight correction - it takes 7 rounds of Hot Seat as each round only has 3 questions, not 4. Unless there was some setting I missed...
jorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:10 AM   #14
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorax View Post
Slight correction - it takes 7 rounds of Hot Seat as each round only has 3 questions, not 4. Unless there was some setting I missed...
Thanks! Updated
Old 10-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
Duizendjes

Duizendjes's Gamercard
Great game and great guide: scored 825 points in just 40 minutes!
Only 3 achievements left for me to get. Lovely!

I can confirm that the US version is playable on European systems! Lucky us!

Last edited by Duizendjes; 10-08-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Duizendjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #16
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duizendjes View Post
Great game and great guide: scored 825 points in just 40 minutes!
Only 3 achievements left for me to get. Lovely!

I can confirm that the US version is playable on European systems! Lucky us!
Why thank you for the compliment.

I don't know about the game being great but certain parts made me laugh pretty hard; and as long we are having fun its worth it.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #17
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, Ill be getting this mid November cant wait to smash this 1 about time I had some easy points.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #18
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGART View Post
Thanks for the guide, Ill be getting this mid November cant wait to smash this 1 about time I had some easy points.
No problem
Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #19
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I actually popped this in AFTER I got 1000/1000 for my Halloween party. If you are strictly going for achievements, it's a very very frustrating game, since the game thinks you are telling the truth 95% of the time. I got more lies when yelling/screeching, but often 2 in a row, then the third was a truth.

But playing the game just to play the game is sorta fun. You have to warn people that the truth detection really isn't accurate, but some of the topics create interesting conversation.

But...some of the questions are just plain dumb for a "truth telling game". For example: a question about "which mundane everyday tasks you don't like doing". My sister said something like folding laundry, at it registered as A LIE. Well, what are we suppose to think then, there is some other mundane tasks she hates more, or that she LIKES folding laundry?? Or obvious ones like "would you wear a pink tuxedo to every special occasion the rest of your life for $200,000" Who the hell would say no? If someone gave you a strange look at a wedding, you can say "I'm getting paid $200,000 for this". Some of the questions are either obviously answered as 'yes', or a strange question to lie about.

Ah yes, anyways, I was having real troubles with three lies in a row, none of the tips in these sub forums worked for me. I had the greatest success with one I thought of, and that was Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem. I'd start it around 0:24 or sometimes 0:28

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11

Last edited by litepink; 11-02-2010 at 06:23 AM.
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #20
KillerBEA

Yeah getting it to register properly is the hardest part of the game. I spent probably an hour more than I had to just trying to get it to detect lies. I would do something like rubbing my mic against a fan grate to get lies but after a while it started coming up as truths.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #21
longdillon1

MAVERICKDILLON's Gamercard
Great guide! Who found out the justin bieber song is a lie though? Thats kinda wierd@!
longdillon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #22
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdillon1 View Post
Great guide! Who found out the justin bieber song is a lie though? Thats kinda wierd@!
LOL it think it was Airman Rufio. and thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for the guide got this on the way from lovefilm about time I had a mega easy 1000 points, GOOD TIMES.

Just realised Ive already posted sorry

Last edited by SWAGGART; 11-12-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Didnt realise I already posted sorry
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 AM   #24
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
I actually popped this in AFTER I got 1000/1000 for my Halloween party. If you are strictly going for achievements, it's a very very frustrating game, since the game thinks you are telling the truth 95% of the time. I got more lies when yelling/screeching, but often 2 in a row, then the third was a truth.

But playing the game just to play the game is sorta fun. You have to warn people that the truth detection really isn't accurate, but some of the topics create interesting conversation.

But...some of the questions are just plain dumb for a "truth telling game". For example: a question about "which mundane everyday tasks you don't like doing". My sister said something like folding laundry, at it registered as A LIE. Well, what are we suppose to think then, there is some other mundane tasks she hates more, or that she LIKES folding laundry?? Or obvious ones like "would you wear a pink tuxedo to every special occasion the rest of your life for $200,000" Who the hell would say no? If someone gave you a strange look at a wedding, you can say "I'm getting paid $200,000 for this". Some of the questions are either obviously answered as 'yes', or a strange question to lie about.

Ah yes, anyways, I was having real troubles with three lies in a row, none of the tips in these sub forums worked for me. I had the greatest success with one I thought of, and that was Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem. I'd start it around 0:24 or sometimes 0:28

YouTube - Rosanne Singing National Anthem
litepink i tried everyones method and could not for the life of me get 3 incorrect answers. I then as a last ditch attempt tried the roseanne song and it worked! i played it from 23 seconds everytime and paused it between 28-29 seconds and everytime it was a false!
hope this works for others
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #25
LH Cerberus

ll w i k u ll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thx for that guide.
I had problems to calibrate my voice too. After a while I ended up using my mobile phone and I have to say it worked like a charm. Just uesed two totally different sounds and always get between 90-100% truth or lies.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #26
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Seems very useful.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #27
Dr Rocco

Dr Rocco's Gamercard
Does the kinect mic work?
Dr Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #28
KillerBEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rocco View Post
Does the kinect mic work?
it could, i would test it but iam spending money on this game again until it drops below $10. BTH i only had to drop $10 bucks on a rockband mic which isnt bad
Old 01-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #29
BoZack

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Just finished... one note:

On "A Bad Bunch"... what you put up was way too complicated. Just like the achievement says you just need to win with less than 1000. So just make noise for the first question for both player 1 and player 2. It doesn't matter if you lie or tell the truth, then just let the next 4 questions (2 per player) time out. As long as neither player scores 1000 on the first question the achievement pops.
BoZack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #30
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
do you know if wireless headsets work for this game?

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote