PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #31
inert

inert14's Gamercard
Just used this as well, great post.

I don't think there are that many variables to the Chaudown bug. I'm fairly certain that should you unlock Mr. and Mrs. Chau before beating Gideon, you have to use them before beating Gideon as well. I don't think anything else matters.
inert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #32
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
Talking

So, I'm finally breaking down and trying it. The only thing I'm doing diffrent than OP is the Konami Code in the shopping district to max the characters out. Got my fingers crossed. Weird thing happened just now though. Cut scene with Envy laughing allowed me to attack her before she jumped on the stage. Maxed out Scott killed her, she dropped, and the game froze....

Anyways, I hope to speed run through to see it the achievement pops, depending on how quick Mr. Chau comes out. Any tips on him? All I have heard is repeat the fight with Todd, so ill try that out for awhile.

UPDATE: Chau appeared after two fights with Todd, followed by my first fight with NegaScott. Landed him and the mrs. a couple of times then beat Gideon.

Looking for Otaku friends on XBL!
-_-R.I.P. mygamercard.net 2005-2011-_-

3DS FC: 0130-1836-9252

Last edited by MC Kazoo; 01-05-2011 at 03:41 AM.
MC Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #33
prizeless

prizeless's Gamercard
I just finished a marathon with this game. 4 playthroughs in one sitting, took about 4.5 hours, but I finally completed this game (250/250). Thanks OP!

Here are some things I did, some or all have already been mentioned:

• Played on Average Joe setting for all playthroughs.
  • I used all default colors.
  • I used the love sword cheat and the konami cheat to level up.
  • I made sure to get Mr. Chau and do the Mr. and Mrs. Chau strikers before I played the last level on any playthrough.
  • I didn't watch the credits, as soon as Gideon would get knocked out I would watch for the saving pig icon. Then I would let the ending roll until it said The End in huge letters and quit to dashboard (Two reasons why I quit to dashboard, one because the credits are long as hell and two because I noticed that it helps with the locking up problem). Started the game back up and repeated with the other characters.
  • I did however let the credits roll completely when I finished Romona (my 4th playthrough) just to make sure Negascott got unlocked properly. After making sure Negascott was unlocked properly I quit to dashboard again just for consistency and loaded the game back up.
  • Before I played as Negascott I made sure to go back through each character and do their strikers (I only did Mr. and Mrs. Chau with Scott).
  • Then I loaded up Negascott and did his striker and bam! orgy.

Felt so good:
photo.jpg

See My XBOX 360 Game Collection

Last edited by prizeless; 01-05-2011 at 05:58 AM.
prizeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #34
Beeg Beef

Beeg Beef's Gamercard
HOLY CRAP THANK YOU OP.

I was hoping that the patch fixed the Chaudown bug but when it didn't, I broke down and tried the OP's method. Worked like a charm.

I used the Power of Love Sword cheat as well as the Konami code if that helps anyone. Now I can peacefully move onto the DLC.
Beeg Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 AM   #35
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
Thank you so much RealistIdealist, worked like a charm. Only thing I did diffrent was the Konami code to level up. Again, thank you so much. 250 out of 250!

Anytime you're out around Kansas City, dinner and drinks are on me. Thank you!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 AM   #36
Genetic Carnage

K1LLING J0KE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealistIdealist View Post
1. I used NO cheats and play on Easy difficulty
2. On my first playthrough I got Mr. Chau before ever getting to Gideon or beating the game and used both Mr. and Mrs. Chau as strikers before beating the game
3. I played no multiplayer at all (by this I also did not move my money to another character, I started all over from scratch with each)
4. I never fought Mr. Chau as any other character
5. I used default colors only
6. I used strikers semi-regularly
I got it, and here's my playstyle:
1. Used the Sword of Love cheat and Konami code to dupe money to boost my stats. Played on Easy.
2. I got Mr. Chau before getting to Gideon, and landed both on an enemy before I fought Gideon (I really think this is the key to the achv glitching.)
3. Didn't play any MP.
4. Ditto
5. Yep
6. Didn't use them in every single stage, about once every other stage, definitely not a lot.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #37
STOMACHofSTEEL

STOMACHofSTEEL's Gamercard
Thanks RealistIdealist for posting your method. Worked for me too.

Here's how I did it:

1. I didn't use any cheats at all. I didn't even unlock the Sound Test Stage. I did, however, use the Konami Money Trick in the Shopping District.

2. On my first playthrough (Scott) Mr. Chau didn't appear before I finished Stage 6, so I fought Todd a little while to make him appear. Beat him, entered Stage 1-1 and made him and his wife appear and hit someone. Finished the stage by beating Mathew Patel (I just wanted to make sure everything would be saved.) After that, I went to Gideon and finished the game.

3. I also didn't play multiplayer.

4. Mr. Chau did appear again on my second and fourth playthrough before reaching Stage 7. I beat him both times, went back to Stage 1-1 and summoned him and Mrs. Chau before I entered Stage 7. In my fourth playthrough, I got both of them to appear at Stage 5, so I skipped going back to Stage 1.

5. I only used default character colors.

6. I didn't really use strikers that much, only to get Mrs. Chau. I am also fairly sure, that I didn't summon them once every stage. I tried to avoid summoning strikers at Stage 7. I didn't want the Chaus to appear there and maybe screw everything up. While I also think that summoning them before beating Gideon is the key to this glitch, I am not exactly sure whether you have do make them appear before fighting/beating Gideon or before entering Stage 7.

I hope other people will post how they did it, so we can narrow down the requirements for avoiding this glitch.
STOMACHofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #38
haven

haven l38's Gamercard
2nd time to do this and it failed for me both times.
I did everything that opening poster did.
. .. im so peeved about this.
after not getting it and finishing the level with negascott i continued to knives to use hers just incase and still nothing.

I feel just slightly .. .like I may kick a baby.
haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #39
Haseo22

Tinyshade's Gamercard
Hi, will this method still work if i bought dlc and done the achievements related to it? In other words, chaudown is the only achievement left in the game, dlc included does resetting my stats still be effective or i am damned lolll.
Haseo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #40
STOMACHofSTEEL

Yes it will.

When the DLC came out, I bought it, hoping it would fix the Chaudown glitch. Well, it didn't. So before I attempted to get the achievement using the method mentioned here, I finished the game with Knives and got the 3 DLC-achievements.
Chaudown was the only missing achievement after that.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #41
Arrrk

Ark of Reis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is there any news of a Patch or anything? I'm another with the glitch and I honestly just cannot be bothered to delete, redownload and then play through it another 4 times. I maxed out all characters (including Nega-Scott and Knives) without even knowing about the cheats, and even with them it'll take time I don't want to spend on it.
Arrrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #42
genkaku666

After being a victim of the glitch as well, I now have Chaudown as well. Thanks for the method!
I can confirm that it is safe to call your strikers during stage 7. I was playing Ramona (4th char for me), was low on hp and just didn't want to lose a life (those android ladies were coming up next) so I tried summoning Knives to give me that yellow-flashing-hyper-state while forgetting that I was risking glitching Chaudown again. Though that probably wouldn't have the case if just Knives popped up....but needless to say, Mr Chau appeared 3 times and Mrs Chau 1 time...no Knives at all. -_-
Anyway, I got Chaudown just fine so making use of the LB button during stage 7 is no problem at all.

I'm also 100% convinced that during my previous run when I did encounter the Chaudown glitch, I got both Mr and Mrs Chau to appear before ever fighting Gideon multiple times with at least Scott and Kim.
Numerous people have already mentioned that for Chaudown to unlock, it's okay to summon Mr and Mrs Chau with one char only, so that condition should have been fulfilled during my previous glitch run. I did, however, play everything multiplayer so for me, that seems to be the cause for the glitch.

Can other people that experienced the glitch confirm if they all played multiplayer as well?

And also, now that I have downloaded the whole game again in order to fix the glitch, I'm experiencing problems with the music loading when entering a stage, most of the time when I enter a stage at the mid-section.
-It takes 8 seconds for the music to start when I enter the Shopping District
-It takes 10 seconds for the music AND sound effects to start when I enter the Eerie Forest
-The music NEVER starts when I enter the Dragons' Den

So, umm, is this normal? I hope not, but I'm hesitant about redownloading the game again and lose all my game progression again for the second time. Still, I want the game on my hard drive in perfect working order.
Have other people experienced this as well?
genkaku666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #43
Disaster Report

Disaster Report's Gamercard
I just unlocked this achievement, but I'm confused. I never unlocked Mr. Chau with Stills. I was trying, and I actually lost to him the two times I got him to appear on my Stills game. But I had unlocked Mr. Chau with Scott/Kim/Ramona, and I was under the impression that I had to do so with all four original characters.

Gave up because I was getting mad, started a Negascott game and called Knives out on the first enemy, and the achievement unlocked. I'm not gonna complain, though.
Disaster Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
STOMACHofSTEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by genkaku666 View Post
I can confirm that it is safe to call your strikers during stage 7. I was playing Ramona (4th char for me), was low on hp and just didn't want to lose a life (those android ladies were coming up next) so I tried summoning Knives to give me that yellow-flashing-hyper-state while forgetting that I was risking glitching Chaudown again. Though that probably wouldn't have the case if just Knives popped up....but needless to say, Mr Chau appeared 3 times and Mrs Chau 1 time...no Knives at all. -_-
Anyway, I got Chaudown just fine so making use of the LB button during stage 7 is no problem at all.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. What I would really like to know is whether you have to summon them before entering stage 7 or before defeating the final Gideon/beating the game. Maybe I should try getting the achievement with a second account and find out.

Quote:
I did, however, play everything multiplayer so for me, that seems to be the cause for the glitch.

Can other people that experienced the glitch confirm if they all played multiplayer as well?
I was using a second account to transfer money from one character to another not having known of the Konami Money Trick by then, so yeah, I can confirm playing multiplayer. Playing multiplayer at a friends place as well. His achievement was glitched, too.

Quote:
And also, now that I have downloaded the whole game again in order to fix the glitch, I'm experiencing problems with the music loading when entering a stage, most of the time when I enter a stage at the mid-section.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. I noticed that, when entering the shopping district, you have to move to the right in order to make the music start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster Report View Post
I just unlocked this achievement, but I'm confused. I never unlocked Mr. Chau with Stills. I was trying, and I actually lost to him the two times I got him to appear on my Stills game. But I had unlocked Mr. Chau with Scott/Kim/Ramona, and I was under the impression that I had to do so with all four original characters.
No, you just have to unlock Mr. and Mrs. Chau with one character. For the achievement you have to call every striker. So as long as you summon Mr. and Mrs. Chau at least once, it doesn't matter which character/how many characters unlocked them.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #45
Awesomeist

awesomeist@gmail.com's Gamercard
I just tried out the method in this thread. I even went so far as to remove all physical media from my 360, and used my memory stick in my 360. Put in the memory stick, downloaded my dummy profile, and my purchase profile. Downloaded SP via the silver, ran it via the silver, switched to gold, beat and then pressed "Download again" at the end.

When it loaded the game back up, I still had all of my character data (guessing it's stored within my gamertag?). I tried calling all the strikers regardless, still no achievement pop. Do I need to clear my cache or something?
Awesomeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #46
JasonStark

Send a message via AIM to JasonStark

JasonStark's Gamercard
awesome as soon as i get the chance i'm doing this. bookmarking now
JasonStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #47
Duncan1234

Well I just reset my data using the method here. Worked fine. Played through using the Konami Code to max them all and the power of love sword. Unlocked nega Scott and called striker and nothing.

Really rather annoyed I spent 6 hours replacing with them all just for it not to unlock again. Wonder what caused it.

I used all strikers before beating Gideon on that character. Only unlocked Mr and Mrs chau on Scott which was my first playthrough.

Tried calling mrs chau with knives and nothing either.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #48
LoganX1187

LoganX1187's Gamercard
I played Scott Pilgrim almost exclusively multiplayer with my daughter, although I did do a bit of solo gameplay. When I finally unlocked Negascott and called his striker I got hit with the Chaudown glitch. I was reluctant to follow the steps in the OP because I thought it might erase my daughter's save too, and while she doesn't care much about getting the achievement, she did have hours and hours put into the game both with me and with her friends.

I decided I was gonna be real clever, so I borrowed my friend's 360 (he did not have Scott Pilgrim). I assumed that since he never had the game, it would be the same as deleting the game and starting again like the OP instructed. I moved my profile over to a USB stick and used it on my friend's 360 where I re-downloaded Scott Pilgrim w/my profile. This was free as my profile purchased the game before. I loaded it up and was dismayed to see that all my characters were max level. So the save file was attached to my profile, not my hard drive. Just to be certain I called all each character's striker including Mr. and Mrs. Chau and Negascott's striker... no achievement of course. So much for my cunning plan.

Since my daughter's profile was safely on my 360, and I'd determined that the saves are tied to your profile and not to the storage unit in particular, I followed the steps in the OP exactly - that is I deleted Scott Pilgrim, downloaded the trial using another profile on the machine, then using a second controller signed my profile in and played the trial. Right away at the character select screen I had a good feeling that this had worked as Negascott was gone and all my characters were back to level 1. After beating Matthew Patel I chose to "purchase the full game" and then selected "Download again". I entered the power of love cheat at the main menu and used the Konami code to quickly level up, playing through the game 4 times in a row on average joe with the default colors. I got Mr. Chau on my first playthrough w/Scott by beating Todd Inghram over and over until he showed up. Then I called strikers again and again until he and Mrs. Chau came out and hit. Every other playthrough I just called strikers one time and made sure they hit. When I finally unlocked Negascott and called his striker the achievement popped right away! Finally!

Then I was worried that the achievement might not transfer back to my console when I moved my profile back. Luckily this was not an issue - but if I hadn't been connected to Live when I got it, I don't think it would have transferred. That would have been a nightmare.

TL;DR version - Follow the steps in the OP exactly, don't try to be clever, and don't worry about other profiles on your machine losing their save data, it appears to be tied to the profile itself and not to the Scott Pilgrim data on your hard drive that you'll need to erase.

Last edited by LoganX1187; 05-03-2011 at 05:25 PM.
LoganX1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:23 AM   #49
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Finally gave this a try myself - followed the OP's steps as told, and the stats were fortunately reset.

Played with Scott legitimately and unlocked Mr. and Mrs. Chau with him before the stage with Gideon (stage 7). Used his striker as well as the Mr. and Mrs. Chau strikers before starting stage 7 as well. Then I used the Konami code trick for Kim, Stills, and Ramona, and blasted through their playthroughs to unlock Negascott a second time. I used his striker, and the achievement unlocked.

Many thanks goes to OP as well as the other contributors who provided their own tips with this bug.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #50
NoCluePythons19

NoCluePythons19's Gamercard
The only difference for me is that I didn't use default colors but otherwise I played through no codes, all on Average Joe and it just popped. Thanks so much!
NoCluePythons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #51
CyberAkumaZero

CyberAkumaZero's Gamercard
So basically, there is no way to fix the achievement bug without starting over? I would rather not reset all my unlocked characters and levels/stats to 1.
CyberAkumaZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #52
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAkumaZero View Post
So basically, there is no way to fix the achievement bug without starting over? I would rather not reset all my unlocked characters and levels/stats to 1.
Unless it gets patched with the new DLC, most likely not. Wipeing your stuff and starting over as the method posted will be the only way. It's not to bad to do. You can speed run it and use the Konami code to max out stats. Plus, this game is great. Im gunna go play right now.

Why has this thread not been stickied?

Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #53
stantonphl

stantonphl's Gamercard
*groans* So even with the new DLC this is still glitched....and I have tried every other method and it still doesn't unlock for me.
stantonphl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #54
XXX DARK HADO XXX

MangoRyu28's Gamercard
Damn, this is still glitched! I was hoping I would be able to hold off and it would get patched...guess not. Thanks for the help op, gonna try your method tonight and see if I can get the achievement
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #55
aptbs20

Zoso08's Gamercard
Just got this today using OP method. I used Konami code and power of love cheat.