Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #3031
RamHawk

exact0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
OT: I don't get why everyone hates jetpack daily challenges. They are pretty easy if you just play multi-team and just spam grenades or use the assault rifle, and jetpack right before you get the kill.
Yeah, my favorite is to just sticky someone and jet off. 20 jetpack kills is pretty easy to get.
RamHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #3032
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
Quote:
It also goes along with the community getting to higher levels and needing much, much more cR to level up. 4k to 5k was fine when everyone was below Lt. Colonel, and 15k was great when we were all Commanders, Colonels and Brigadiers but those numbers just don't cut it when you start working towards General ranks and above.

OT: I don't get why everyone hates jetpack daily challenges. They are pretty easy if you just play multi-team and just spam grenades or use the assault rifle, and jetpack right before you get the kill.

Edit: Fuck this challenge. Seriously why is everyone obsessed with Rocket Race? If I could get a non-RR game I would be happy.
that and elite slayer where the jetpack loadout sucks and you only get 1 grenade
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #3033
recoil47

Quote:

Edit: Fuck this challenge. Seriously why is everyone obsessed with Rocket Race? If I could get a non-RR game I would be happy.
LOL! Classic.
recoil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #3034
EliteLeafHater

2x score attack is great for elites got 20 in one game (corvettes)
played sniperfight courtyard only had 4

there are a crapload of elites in 2x ff and your weapons even an assault rifle rips them apart
Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #3035
xxNIGHTWINGxxx

ShadowMachine X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil47 View Post
Its funny but people were saying that when the weekly was 4k or 5k, and then they tossed out a 16k one and everyone was like "they need to do the big weekly challenges for 15k and 16k all the time." Now they are, and its "we need 50k". Give us an inch...

I've always wanted the mile from Bungie.

http://xboxamerica.com/?r=stw-9365

xxNIGHTWINGxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #3036
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
Another sure fire way to get loads of Elite kills is to use the guest trick method on Firefight Arcade. I did that and ended up by myself in a Rocket Fight match and I got the 30 kills in not time flat. Not to mention that I ended up getting a 3K slot bonus also.
Ensign Hugh Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #3037
MJ FAME

looking for players to wear out the Firefight Arcade playlist who want to vote to play Rocket Fight or FRG Fight ONLY for huge amounts of cR. i will be in this playlist whenever i am on my 360 for as long as this playlist lasts. if your goal is the same as mine then send me a friend request with the attached message 'ARCADE' and i will add you.

MJ FAME

Last edited by MJ FAME; 02-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
MJ FAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #3038
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Got 25 eilte kills in one game of 2x score attack on courtyard.

141/200 for the weekly completed so far.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #3039
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
Daily Challenges for 02/16/2011 - Total 4500cR

Light Fare - 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Simple Spree - 1000cR
Earn any spree in Firefight Matchmaking.

A Side of Huevos - 1500cR
Kill 75 infantry-class foes in the Campaign today.

Multiplier - 1000cR
Earn 2 multikills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenge

Ride The Wave - 15000cR
Complete 200 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking.

Comments

Wow this has to be the shittiest cR output in a long damn time. Sure the challenges are easy, but it just feels like the person who decides on these things has gotten seriously fucking lazy.

Suggested Roadmap

Light Fare, one round of Score Attack on your favorite map and match will knock this out in no time at all. You will also put a decent notch in this going for the multi kill challenge also.

A Simple Spree, You only need a single spree in any Firefight and you have this done. You can easliy get this with the previous challenge.

A Side of Huevos, load up Nightfall on Normal and once you get past the cutscene, just walk up to the Elite that is just standing there, snipe him and revert to last save. Rinse and repeat 74 more times and this one is in the bag.

Multiplier, load up Multiplayer and select Multi team or Team Slayer or BTB or whatever you prefer and all you need to do is get a triple kill or 2 double kills and this is taken care of.

Weekly Challenge

Ride the Wave, yet another weekly that could take a bit of time to complete. It will take about 40 Score Attack Firefight Matches to complete or 15 normal Firefight matches to complete.

If you have any problems with todays Dailys or the weekly, you might want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread. Remember that Full Party Boosting is now only allowed if all players are active, no idle guests! Bad news for those of us who used guests to get through some of these challenges as quickly as possibly due to lack of time, either need to find groups of 8+ or give up.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #3040
D412k Kn16h7

D412k Kn16h7's Gamercard
A side of heuvos requires 60 sniper kills (headshots) on Nightfall on Normal, not just 75 infantry kills

100% (Without DLC / Glitched & Unattainable included):
Halo CEA/R/4,MW 1/2/3,Crysis 1/2/3,FC3,ME3,tWD,RE5,tD2,Jericho,TR:U,Deus Ex: HR,Dishonored,Term:S,C:LoS,Asura,Bayonetta,Eragon, Wolverine,PoP:TFS,Dante's Inferno,TFU 1/2,AC 1/2/Rev,Hunted,Dust,Cursed Crusade,Proto 2,LoTR Conq,Darksiders 1/2,Fable 2/3,TES 4/5,Eternal Sonata,FFXIII/-2,Sonic Racing,MatFK,Portal 2,Lego SW:CW/Indy/LotR,Spyro DotD,King Kong

Last edited by D412k Kn16h7; 02-16-2011 at 01:05 PM.
D412k Kn16h7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #3041
binda11

KILLER BIN's Gamercard
wow, more easy challenges.
binda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #3042
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
ya, what gives? these are the easiest challenges ive seen in a while (maybe ever)

earn a spree in firefight!? oh dear, i hope i can manage
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #3043
EliteLeafHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
and the payout reflects it only 4500 credits. I think dailies should average about 2k each (8k for the day)
oh well I will get the challenges and then like play some deathspank TOV (great series BTW)
Old 02-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #3044
IceBlox

IceBlox's Gamercard
weak sauce.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #3045
Runny

Runny452's Gamercard
My campaign save file is the very end of winter contingency on Legendary with all skulls on (the weekly a few weeks back)...yeah...that campaign challenge isn't worth losing that save over. lol.
Runny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #3046
OxygenJunkie

OxygenJunkie's Gamercard
For the campaign one at the start of nightfall just save and quit when you're behind the elite at the beginning, load your save back up and everytime you headshot it just revert to last save. Shouldnt take longer than a minute or so
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #3047
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runny View Post
My campaign save file is the very end of winter contingency on Legendary with all skulls on (the weekly a few weeks back)...yeah...that campaign challenge isn't worth losing that save over. lol.
Sign in a second controller and play spiltscreen, theres seperate save files for single player and co-op.

Thats what ive been going for the campaign ones the last couple of days as my single player one is in the middle of boosting Standard Issue.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #3048
RamHawk

exact0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
Sign in a second controller and play spiltscreen, theres seperate save files for single player and co-op.

Thats what ive been going for the campaign ones the last couple of days as my single player one is in the middle of boosting Standard Issue.
I too understand that being in the middle of a campaign isn't fun when wanting to do challenges. I have yet to finish the 6th mission on Legendary or the very last one. So....

I save a copy of my game saves to a 512MB formatted USB key. Then copy it over to my home server as a backup. Each file is labeled for the activity needed (Headshot, LASO, real game, etc). My real game save file stays on my console tho. To complete a challenge, I load the USB key with the backed-up file and just load that game off the USB drive when I start the game. Do the challenge and exit the game. Remove the USB drive and reload the game back to normal (from the hard drive). No worries about my main game being interrupted by challenges. Of course if I could get past the freakin' Elites on the Corvette then I wouldn't have to bother with all this.
RamHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #3049
doughnut18

doughnut18's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamHawk View Post
Of course if I could get past the freakin' Elites on the Corvette then I wouldn't have to bother with all this.
If it's the bit when you first drop into the corvette after the part in the sabre, having the sword from the first part of the level makes that a lot easier!

doughnut18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #3050
JonnyBgamer

JonnyBgamer's Gamercard
the challenges today are pretty week, all firefight ones nothing over 2gs, but what i really want to know does anybody think bungie will ever have a double cr weekend or something similar, or are they just going to have the occasional big cr weekly challenge?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #3051
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
Daily Challenges for 02/17/2011 - Total 5225cR

Blastin' and Relaxin' - 1350cR
Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

That Pink Mist - 1250cR
Kill 100 enemies with a Supercombine from the Needler or Needle Rifle in Firefight Matchmaking.

Flat Tire - 1125cR
Kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Killagruntjaro - 1500cR
Earn 25 multikills in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenge

Ride The Wave - 15000cR
Complete 200 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking.

Comments

Firefight Thursday is back and unlike most weeks the challenges for today will help you on the long road towards the weekly. The challenges range from the insanely easy to the time consuming.

Suggested Roadmap

Blasin' and Relaxin', technically this isn't a Firefight specific challenge, but given the other three are this can be easily done in the time it's going to take you to get the others done. Should be two easy games of Score Attack.

That Pink Mist, it's going to take a while to get this one done as you need 100 super combine kills. FRG Attack would be a perfect place to go for this, but remember that the first two waves are going to see most of the enemies die before they explode. Once you get to the Brutes you should be able to rack them up pretty quickly.

Flat Tire, a couple of good maps with vehicles are Beachhead, Outpost, Overlook, and a few others you are gonna need 10 of them so it may take a few matches to get.

Killagruntjaro, one match of Gruntpocalypse or even Sniper Fight on Courtyard will help you net this with pretty much no issues. You would need 9 Overkills to get this done.

Weekly Challenge

Ride the Wave, yet another weekly that could take a bit of time to complete. It will take about 40 Score Attack Firefight Matches to complete or 15 normal Firefight matches to complete.

If you have any problems with todays Dailys or the weekly, you might want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread. Remember that Full Party Boosting is now only allowed if all players are active, no idle guests! Bad news for those of us who used guests to get through some of these challenges as quickly as possibly due to lack of time, either need to find groups of 8+ or give up.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #3052
Demented Reject

Khaos Xero's Gamercard
Smile Great Guide

Thanks For Posting This Thread, Helped Alot
Demented Reject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #3053
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughnut18 View Post
If it's the bit when you first drop into the corvette after the part in the sabre, having the sword from the first part of the level makes that a lot easier!
or, drop onto the strut that runs accross the top of the control room once you drop through the shield - at one end, there's a handy nook you hand hide in and snipe thigns with your DMR, pistol etc. There's also a shotgun up top you can grab before you drop down which works well too...
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #3054
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
also, this thread is great - thanks! nailed the dailies yesterday for the cheev, and half way through the weekly.

does anyone know when the "week" restarts for the weekly challenge? i.e. midnight firday, mid day saturday, midnight sunday, etc...
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #3055
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
also, this thread is great - thanks! nailed the dailies yesterday for the cheev, and half way through the weekly.

does anyone know when the "week" restarts for the weekly challenge? i.e. midnight firday, mid day saturday, midnight sunday, etc...
The new weekly is always posted at 6AM Eastern on Monday.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #3056
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
Maybe it's just me, but can anybody else not see or access the Daily challenges in Reach? I've got this message on the challenges section saying "Challenges are not currently available", and I have no idea why they wouldn't be up. =S

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #3057
ZanKioH

The halo reach server is unavailable for me, so i've gone offline now. Maybe that was why, don't know if its still unavailable
ZanKioH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #3058
Narbeleg

Narbeleg's Gamercard
It's still unavailable, I tried it just now.
Narbeleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #3059
Runny

Runny452's Gamercard
What's the best way to get vehicle kills now? Before the update, I'd get a lot in regular 4 player firefight (got 11 wraith kills in one game once), but vehicles never appear in FF Arcade...and the 2 banshee kills I got in 2X score attack didn't count last week..so does FF Limited have vehicles to kill?
Runny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #3060
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runny View Post
What's the best way to get vehicle kills now? Before the update, I'd get a lot in regular 4 player firefight (got 11 wraith kills in one game once), but vehicles never appear in FF Arcade...and the 2 banshee kills I got in 2X score attack didn't count last week..so does FF Limited have vehicles to kill?
My best bet would be to do regular Firefight and do the guest trick. Keep trying until you get Glacier and you should get a decent number of Wraiths on that level.