PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Reach
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #61
SideDish120

SideDish120's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
This is a fucking awesome thread! I will link this to my guide!!
GREAT JOB! Seriously, I wish you could get laid from video game expierances, that screen shot alone is worth 2 sets of twins in one night. No joke!
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #62
Ozone

HC Wishmakr's Gamercard
todays daily challenges were rather easy all in firefight.
250 grunts...didn't make it.
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #63
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I completed all the daily challenges today in 3 grunty games on corvette.
So easy, i love when the challenges are firefight
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #64
Dead Wiggle

Dead Wiggle's Gamercard
Today was so fucking easy, thank you bungie for easy 5000CR -+
Old 09-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #65
ghost2112

Viking Kong X7's Gamercard
Todays daily challanges ruled! Got tons of credits and 10g...very nice Bungie!

ghost2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #66
xxxxHolic

xxxHolic Waltz's Gamercard
Agreed. While I do like the easy cR. I'm much happier that the challenges were for firefight. Nice stuff, would like to see them include both multi and firefight in daily challenges rather than have them alternating but I'll take what I can get for now.

xxxxHolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #67
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigade View Post
Today's Daily challenge has a reward of 2500 cR. Just a friendly editing reminder, you're doing a hellova job already.
Thanks, slipped my mind to update the cR range of the challenges. It's fixed now and I'll be keeping that aspect up to date from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideDish120 View Post
This is a fucking awesome thread! I will link this to my guide!!
Thanks. I'd love to be linked to your guide. Btw, hilarious avatar, nice little laugh every time I see it.

I've never written something like this before so I'm still getting the hang of it. The biggest obstacle is that because of university I haven't even played the game yet. I have my Legendary Edition sitting at home just waiting for me, and this weekend I plan on doing nothing else but play it because it'll be another two weeks before I get another chance. Once I get in a few games of Firefight and Multiplayer I'll be able to offer better tips.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:21 AM   #68
ItBeNickYo

Teriques's Gamercard
Congrats on your sticky dude! I check this thread every day before I start playing just so I know what I need to do.
ItBeNickYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:36 AM   #69
SideDish120

SideDish120's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post

Thanks. I'd love to be linked to your guide. Btw, hilarious avatar, nice little laugh every time I see it.

I've never written something like this before so I'm still getting the hang of it. The biggest obstacle is that because of university I haven't even played the game yet. I have my Legendary Edition sitting at home just waiting for me, and this weekend I plan on doing nothing e lse but play it because it'll be another two weeks before I get another chance. Once I get in a few games of Firefight and Multiplayer I'll be able to offer better tips.
Big thread to take on. And you gotta start somewhere on the writing part. And I'm glued to university too. I'm happy you enjoy my avatar , it's quite naughty and sooo funny! But I'll figure out where to post it correctly, and congrats on the sticky .
GREAT JOB! Seriously, I wish you could get laid from video game expierances, that screen shot alone is worth 2 sets of twins in one night. No joke!
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #70
Addicted Azn

Send a message via AIM to Addicted Azn

Addicted Azn's Gamercard
Interesting challenges today, but not liking how much they're worth =\

^-^ Latest blogs ^-^ / ANIME EXPO 09: MORNING MUSUME/ADVENTURES IN L.A. 0&1 2 3 4

Over 40K - 11/5/09

Addicted Azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #71
ckin TABASCO

hungrywatchwolf's Gamercard
todays challenges are easy as can be unless you have ppl fighting for the Target Locator >_<

the only tricky one is "DOUBLE DOUBLE"

for some reason i can never get get 2 double kills in a match but i can usually get at least one.

if you are willing to help me get double double i will def. return the favor.

thanks
ckin TABASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #72
General Valtiel

General Asesino's Gamercard
EDIT : found what I was looking for...

Last edited by General Valtiel; 09-24-2010 at 11:34 AM.
General Valtiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #73
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
On which level will you find the Target Locator? And where about is it?

Most Recent: The Wolf Among Us [500]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #74
Defcizion

DeFCiZiOn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Cool.

Getting the Famine one, and the Wake up Buttercup achievement
Old 09-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #75
Ferocious
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckin TABASCO View Post
todays challenges are easy as can be unless you have ppl fighting for the Target Locator >_<

the only tricky one is "DOUBLE DOUBLE"

for some reason i can never get get 2 double kills in a match but i can usually get at least one.

if you are willing to help me get double double i will def. return the favor.

thanks

Play invasion, then (for those not too familiar with the game-type): vote for boneyard regular invasion when it comes up and hope others do too (I've played that one a lot so it seems to be fairly common). Get the tank if the enemy team gets to the third and final part of the round. Sometimes the enemy team won't make it that far but if you play a few games one of them should, then make sure you get a respawn and choose the vehicle depot or whatever it's called (warthog and tank spawn there). Wait for the tank to spawn and then go to work. Two double kills should be a piece of a cake and believe it or not, a lot of people don't specifically choose where to spawn in Invasion when they are at that part of the round (other than closest to where the action is) unless they want to get a vehicle but most are too pre-occupied with taking the core/defending the core. You can also easily do it with the Wraith from the second part of the round and on and it will spawn near the ghost & banshee in the middle of the area you originally spawn at as the elites.

I've gotten two double kills (and even higher kill streaks, including killtacular, etc..) doing several different things but Invasion is great if you are looking to rack up on those commendations. Team slayer and slayer are good as well however people are more focused on kills so you may wind up with more assists than objective-based games. Now if the lobby chooses Invasion Slayer, well there will be a little bit of objective focus (area controls for ordinance spawns, etc..) but a lot more focus on combat overall so try to go for regular Invasion and boneyard is a great map for what you are going for.

Nice thread btw, I was actually thinking of making a daily/weekly challenges thread to give people tips in however it's nice to see people have been helping one another.

Most challenges should and will be fairly simple, others just may require a little more time but other than that none have been difficult whatsoever and they've been pretty fun. For example yesterday you could just play Gruntpocalypse and within a little more than two games without going crazy looking for needlers but grabbing them and ammo for them when they were within a reasonable area, you could've had every daily challenge complete plus all the extra credits that Gruntpocalypse gives (although I rarely play it because I prefer matchmaking & co-op, once in a while is fine without getting too repetitive for me).

Last edited by Ferocious; 09-24-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #76
Ferocious
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADenton109 View Post

Most outdoor maps and you can find one when they drop Ordinance. That weapon isn't always in the Ordinance of course (can be a sniper rifle, rocket launcher, etc..) but that's where you can find them (obviously an indoor-only map like Corvette won't have one).
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #77
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Today's challenges have been updated, refer to Post 3 for the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItBeNickYo View Post
Congrats on your sticky dude! I check this thread every day before I start playing just so I know what I need to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideDish120 View Post
Big thread to take on. And you gotta start somewhere on the writing part. And I'm glued to university too. I'm happy you enjoy my avatar , it's quite naughty and sooo funny! But I'll figure out where to post it correctly, and congrats on the sticky .
Thanks both of you.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #78
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Wow today's challenges are just awful. It terms of credits, difficulty, and time required. Yesterday you could easily earn 5000 credits in half an hour. Today the most you can get is 2250 and it'll take much longer than half an hour. I don't understand why they don't stay somewhat consistent with challenges. All multiplayer one day, all firefight the next.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #79
lizard9979

Lizard9979's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
The biggest obstacle is that because of university I haven't even played the game yet. I have my Legendary Edition sitting at home just waiting for me, and this weekend I plan on doing nothing else but play it because it'll be another two weeks before I get another chance.
Your dedication to this site and the game you have not even played is admirable man!!! You rock!!!

I wish there was a way we could help you keep it updated. In case you are unable to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADenton109 View Post
Waterfront and Swordbase almost always have one in the ordance bins. Swordbase's is generally in the one right to the left of the initial spawn point near the breezeway. Wait until the covenant dropship settles down and opens its doors and then rain hell upon the unsuspecting foes!!!

If you are over 30.
click here
lizard9979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #80
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Cheers lizard9979 i just found one, i got 19 kills with the two shots! Now am gonna struggle to get hold of another lol

Most Recent: The Wolf Among Us [500]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #81
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Hey we got it stickied!!

In a sea of useless threads it's nice to find a one true helpful thread.

"What is your spaghetti policy here?" - Charlie
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #82
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I'm not sure, but you can take the fighting for the Target Locator out of the equation if you play Score Attack on an outdoor map that has Ordinance...
Old 09-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #83
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Great thread....I was thinking the same thing that we needed this to cut down on all of the crap in the Reach forums.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #84
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Hey we got it stickied!!

In a sea of useless threads it's nice to find a one true helpful thread.
What, you don't like 15 threads about the "If they came to hear me beg" achievement, and 30 more about methods of boosting, Swordbase boosting, Gruntpocolypse boosting, and whether or not you can get banned for it? But they're all so original!

I wish we had a Thought/Question of the Day thread on this forum, and that it would actually get used...
Old 09-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #85
Eminent

This is good. Keep it up man.
Eminent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #86
solus909

Ugh, today's Target Locator challenge is making for some really crappy games in Firefight. I'm 40/40 in the Daily Challenges since launch, and I knew the streak would come to an end eventually, but this one I don't find so much as difficult as just plain irritating. Twice now I've been pummeled in the back by a teammate just as I was about to grab it. That's when you REALLY want that betrayal booting option to pop up (it didn't.) The one time I managed to snag it, one teammate intentionally walked into the circle (killing himself) and booted me out for betraying him.

It's similar to last week's Firefight challenge where you had to survive the entire round. I played one game on Corvette where all four players right from the start just camped in the back room. It was pretty funny.

I know Bungie is trying to provide a good mix to keep things fresh but they really should try to avoid challenges that encourage "bad" behaviour.

Oh well, now that the streak is over I can just concentrate on playing for fun again and getting the credits I need for the 1000 Gs.
solus909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #87
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm so happy that this was stickied!

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #88
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus909 View Post
Ugh, today's Target Locator challenge is making for some really crappy games in Firefight. I'm 40/40 in the Daily Challenges since launch, and I knew the streak would come to an end eventually, but this one I don't find so much as difficult as just plain irritating. Twice now I've been pummeled in the back by a teammate just as I was about to grab it. That's when you REALLY want that betrayal booting option to pop up (it didn't.) The one time I managed to snag it, one teammate intentionally walked into the circle (killing himself) and booted me out for betraying him.

It's similar to last week's Firefight challenge where you had to survive the entire round. I played one game on Corvette where all four players right from the start just camped in the back room. It was pretty funny.

I know Bungie is trying to provide a good mix to keep things fresh but they really should try to avoid challenges that encourage "bad" behaviour.

Oh well, now that the streak is over I can just concentrate on playing for fun again and getting the credits I need for the 1000 Gs.
The worst part is that this "bad behavior" is for a few hundred credits, which isn't exactly a lot. That's why I don't really like to play firefight matchmaking with randoms. They tend to either talk way to much and annoyingly, or do stupid shit like betray me with rockets.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #89
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Anyone doing the Target Designator challenge at the moment?
I have two pads (though no mic) and can't be arsed trying to get this with randoms.

Edit: Ah, Done it (with randoms)...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke

Last edited by Doktor Wilhelm; 09-25-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Argh! :D
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:29 AM   #90
thaiguy6557

Send a message via AIM to thaiguy6557

thaiguy6557's Gamercard
just a heads up, the needler also counts as an automatic weapon.