Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Reach
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #1531
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted Azn View Post
Yepp, pretty much 2 GPs and a FFMM. Grrrrreaaaat! I just need about 3-4 more MP to get the weekly. So "excited" lol
Damn, I'm only a 5th of the way there, I had enough trouble doing yesterdays Dailys... such lag/poor connection/game restarting/quiters really dragged out the evening and I didn't have time/energy to do anymore.

Thankfully with today's dailys I'll be able to devote some time to the weekly, would help if I had Halo Reach buddies I guess.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #1532
SavageD49

savaged49's Gamercard
Todays Points, Points challenge, do i need to get 20 000 or does that need to be the minimum team finish score?
SavageD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #1533
rhodoss

You need to get 20000 points by yourself.
Done one sniperattack in firefight matchmaking and got to 19900 points more or lese and the game ended. I was angry cause we got one sniper and he was everywhere while we were just defending one place he thought I shall do both places and earn me all the kills. He even betrayed me
But the point is get 20000 points by yourself and luckily you've gotten yourself in to a party where everyone wants to survive a round and they'll be cowering in the safe room so you can get the kills all by yourself and scoring some nice points
rhodoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #1534
Addicted Azn

Send a message via AIM to Addicted Azn

Addicted Azn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMcCloud View Post
Damn, I'm only a 5th of the way there, I had enough trouble doing yesterdays Dailys... such lag/poor connection/game restarting/quiters really dragged out the evening and I didn't have time/energy to do anymore.

Thankfully with today's dailys I'll be able to devote some time to the weekly, would help if I had Halo Reach buddies I guess.
Yepp, just got the weekly. Now I can maybe focus on other games, haha.

I didn't really play with my Reach buddies, I just solo'd it on Multi-team. About 20-30 kills a game is the way to go.

^-^ Latest blogs ^-^ / ANIME EXPO 09: MORNING MUSUME/ADVENTURES IN L.A. 0&1 2 3 4

Over 40K - 11/5/09

Addicted Azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #1535
Aaron15

L AZZAA L's Gamercard
Very easy challenges, two games of Gruntpocalypse and then I done rocketfight and got 32,000 points.
Aaron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #1536
drexsack

drexsack's Gamercard
I played Gruntpocalypse twice and sniperfight, really easy today =)
drexsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #1537
REfan001

Send a message via AIM to REfan001

Guneagle01's Gamercard
how are you supposed to get 20000 points? whenever I play FF, everyone is just a kill whore and steals all the kills and I get jack shit

Last edited by REfan001; 10-28-2010 at 04:12 PM.
REfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #1538
Ebays

MexicanWo1f's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by REfan001 View Post
how are you supposed to get 20000 points? whenever I play FF, everyone is just a kill whore and steals all the kills and get jack shit
Don't play Firefight.

Play Score Attack and vote for Sniper Attack.
Ebays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #1539
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Today's challenges are updated.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #1540
brgm

anyone got any good hiding places for firefight? i'll need to be away from the xbox for long periods of time and would prefer to just hide and let the clock tick down
Old 10-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #1541
Katarn84

Katarn84's Gamercard
I didn't think I'd say this, but thank you quitters. I got a rocketfight all for myself and got something like 27000 points before the timer zeroed.
Katarn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #1542
Raxor

daraxor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Good tip for firefight, you can always sign in a guest and set all of the filters on, pretty much 90% of the time the game will just start with you and your guest. Get all the kills you want

(that is if split screen doesnt bother you)
1000s: Burnout Revenge, Lego Star Wars 2, Blue Dragon, Test Drive Unlimited, PGR4, The Simpsons Game, Eternal Sonata, Dirt, Halo 3, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata: TIP, Lego Indiana Jones, LSW:Complete Saga
200s: 3D Ultra Minigolf, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Banjo Kazooie
Raxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #1543
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus909 View Post
And for others who are struggling to get 20,000 points, don't torture yourself! It can't be done in Firefight unless people quit!
not true. it can be done (not easily but it can be done). it depends what map though. i once partake in a FF match where we got all the way to 100k

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #1544
Raxor

daraxor's Gamercard

Ah i guess your right, my highest score for score attack is just over the 20k mark.
1000s: Burnout Revenge, Lego Star Wars 2, Blue Dragon, Test Drive Unlimited, PGR4, The Simpsons Game, Eternal Sonata, Dirt, Halo 3, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata: TIP, Lego Indiana Jones, LSW:Complete Saga
Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #1545
fastNcurious

I think it would be interesting to hear from Bungie how they select challenges. Like, are all the daily challenges for a week selected weeks in advance? Or do they decide the week or a few days beforehand?

Are the challenges randomly mixed between campaign, mm, and ff? Or do they pick challenges based on people's playing patterns (from their game stats)?

For example, all the challenges today are ff challenges. Is that cuz they noticed people don't play a lot of ff on Thursdays so they want to encourage us to do so, and therefore reduce search times for ff games? Or is it cuz people play a lot of ff on Thursdays so they figure they'll give us some challenges and reward us with CRs? Or was it all random?

Haven't read anything in their weekly updates about their logic behind choosing challenges, so that's why I'm curious.... (not really expecting answers from you guys, but feel free to comment if you wish...)
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #1546
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgm View Post
anyone got any good hiding places for firefight? i'll need to be away from the xbox for long periods of time and would prefer to just hide and let the clock tick down
As far as I know, you have to win the round by killing everything, you can't just hide.

Though if you plan to do this in FFMM; then be prepared for people to lead enemys to you and more than likely you'll also get bad rep for your troubles...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #1547
solus909

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
not true. it can be done (not easily but it can be done). it depends what map though. i once partake in a FF match where we got all the way to 100k
Whoops, you're right. I forgot they added two more rounds to Firefight. I'll delete my post and hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Still, though, Score Attack is the way to go for people who are struggling with any Firefight challenges.
solus909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #1548
Ekkeron

Ekkeron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
Very easy challenges, two games of Gruntpocalypse and then I done rocketfight and got 32,000 points.
I wanted to play rocketfight, but somehow every other guy wants normal firefight. And than they fucking suck at it, annoys the shit out of me. 1 round firefight > > > 3 rounds.
Ekkeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #1549
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
I think it would be interesting to hear from Bungie how they select challenges. Like, are all the daily challenges for a week selected weeks in advance? Or do they decide the week or a few days beforehand?

Are the challenges randomly mixed between campaign, mm, and ff? Or do they pick challenges based on people's playing patterns (from their game stats)?

For example, all the challenges today are ff challenges. Is that cuz they noticed people don't play a lot of ff on Thursdays so they want to encourage us to do so, and therefore reduce search times for ff games? Or is it cuz people play a lot of ff on Thursdays so they figure they'll give us some challenges and reward us with CRs? Or was it all random?

Haven't read anything in their weekly updates about their logic behind choosing challenges, so that's why I'm curious.... (not really expecting answers from you guys, but feel free to comment if you wish...)
I do believe they are totally random. We've had a few very similar challenges - and one the same, for beating ONI on Legendary without dying - twice within one week I believe. I'd like to think some thought goes into these challenges every day/week, but I'm not too sure when I continue to see the same copypaste crap every couple of days.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #1550
Infection Ftw

ROBBERT DHT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Why is everyone doing firefight with more people? Just do score attack and you are alone and you'll be able to make it.
Infection Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:29 AM   #1551
blunderhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infection Ftw View Post
Why is everyone doing firefight with more people? Just do score attack and you are alone and you'll be able to make it.
I agree. I usually have really bad lag in all my multiplayer FF games (not to mention guys betraying me), I always try to do these challenges in Score Attack by myself unless I need help.

I almost always avoid regular matchmaking games. I really suck at those and again, the lag doesn't help (but it's usually not as bad a campaign or firefight matchmaking)
blunderhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:02 AM   #1552
basis

for me, easiest way to do the do not die in firefight challenge: score attack Gruntpocalypse on Corvette. I choose drop shield, but any equipment is fine.

just as you walk out of the doors, on the side is a ramp. climb about mid way and just camp (or move around on the ramp). the trick is to clear the grunts out before they get within shooting range. use the DMR to do just that.

just be wary of grunts with fuel rods and you'll be all right. oh watch out for nades left over on the ground. run back to the ammo crates when low on ammo or when you hear 'reinforcements'.

alternatively do the same on the Sword base map. and once u clear the door, go left all the way to the end till you are near the ammo box. just fight around that area.
basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #1553
blunderhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by basis View Post
alternatively do the same on the Sword base map. and once u clear the door, go left all the way to the end till you are near the ammo box. just fight around that area.
To make it a little easier, clear out the enemies near the bottom area on that left side and then go down and drive the forklift part way up the ramp and park it sideways (or as close to it as possible). If you can do that then you only need to guard one direction and still be beside the ammo cabinet all the time. I just did that for fun and found that it worked out fairly well... it even blocked fuel rod grunts from sneaking behind me.
blunderhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #1554
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
gruntpocalypse is extremely easy to get the 'not die' challenge today. i did it my first try.
i usually just camp on the first ledge on the left as enemies will always come into view and its close to health packs and ammo if needed.

20000 on rocketfight was easy as well.

about 45 minutes for 7000cR today

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #1555
Xbox360haloandgearsofwar

ii RaG3QUiT ii's Gamercard
Anybody with 4 controllers want to finish off the weekly challenge? I have 700/1000 but I'm extremely busy this weekend and I'm afraid I won't have time to finish this. We won't get banned as bungie has confirmed it as long as its a full party.
Xbox360haloandgearsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #1556
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Finally some daily challenges I can handle.. this weekly challenge sux balls though!
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #1557
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbox360haloandgearsofwar View Post
Anybody with 4 controllers want to finish off the weekly challenge? I have 700/1000 but I'm extremely busy this weekend and I'm afraid I won't have time to finish this. We won't get banned as bungie has confirmed it as long as its a full party.
Well, to be accurate on that, they actually said:

Quote:
Posted by: ferrex
Quote:
Posted by: VirulentStrife
Hi 'rex. Is "Full Party Boosting" the bit where I showed you that Youtube video?
Full Party Boosting is the practice of taking a complete party (of accounts and guests) into a playlist and mindlessly shooting each other in the head for Commendations.
It isn't significantly more time efficient than simply playing (at least, once your Commendations stop ranking up), and it does not ruin the game for any bystanders (as opposed to Partial Party Boosting, which we will hand out Matchmaking bans for.)
Essentially, we've deemed it to be on par with Target Locator boosting. Distasteful, but ultimately not harmful. (Except perhaps to the sanity of people who engage in it.)
Hence why I've just tried to do it normally this week, but obviously I'm not going to get it done in time without some boosting. I'm glad they don't take too hard a line on it, for reasons of play time, sometimes you just have to boost. Trying to do it normally will only get you so far, unless you're luck that you get all the game types and matches you want for your best performance, and people don't quit or have poor connections.

Anyway, this should be directed in the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=152101 thread, but I have four controllers and will be looking to boost this tonight (BST, which don't forget ends Sunday night, back to ol' GMT for us Brits) and during the weekend.

PS. Speaking of Time, anyone else noticed this board is like 10 minutes fast?

Last edited by AceMcCloud; 10-29-2010 at 10:01 AM.
AceMcCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #1558
Raxor

daraxor's Gamercard

Ooh, nice and easy today.

Ill finish off the weekly as well (13 off). A game of gruntpoc and some checkpoint resetting on nightfall.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #1559
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Today's Dailys - Total 6250cR

More than a Handful - 1250cR
Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Covenant-cide - 500cR
Kill 60 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

A Side of Huevos - 1500cR
Kill 40 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal.

The House of Blue Leaves - 3000cR
Kill 111 enemies in a single Firefight Matchmaking game on Heroic.

Ok, let's see one game of GP should do do the two FF challenges, finally a daily to help the weekly, and how many people are just going to shoot the first Elite and reload for 40 times and how many are just going to play the level, even for a bit?

PS. Hmm... no actually, seriously, what's the point of Covenant-Cide when there's The House of Blue Leaves? Oh well, easy credits, but looks a bit random.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #1560
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Those will help me get to Lt. Colonel, only need like 5k...