PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Crackdown 2 > Toy Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Murphy1978

Murphy1978's Gamercard
Toybox not fixed?

So, after finally starting CD 2, I thought I'd get the DLC straight away since I enjoyed the first and the reports that it was fixed.

I downloaded it from the XBOX itself, not my browser, the 50.42MB size file that is listed.

It gets to 1% and does this:

Thoughts on a fix and what the issue might be? Attempting to redownload DLC doesn't work.

Last edited by Murphy1978; 09-20-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Murphy1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That wasn't what was broken about the DLC in the first place (achievements would not unlock, and the agency voice would just repeat his line for an achievement over and over and over and over) so your problem isn't that the DLC isn't fixed.

Honestly though, I don't know what that is. You have enough HDD space, right? Sorry if I can't help, but I've never seen that before. All I can say is that it isn't the original problem people had with the DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Murphy1978

Murphy1978's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
That wasn't what was broken about the DLC in the first place (achievements would not unlock, and the agency voice would just repeat his line for an achievement over and over and over and over) so your problem isn't that the DLC isn't fixed.

Honestly though, I don't know what that is. You have enough HDD space, right? Sorry if I can't help, but I've never seen that before. All I can say is that it isn't the original problem people had with the DLC.
Yes, 185 MB free on my 360 S.

And when I said still not fixed, I meant still issues with it :P

EDIT:

Downloaded it from within the game and told it to use my 360 HD, even though its the only memory device connected and it worked. Odd.

Last edited by Murphy1978; 09-20-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
What I meant was that was never an issue with it to begin with, and the issues it did have were indeed fixed.

Anyway glad you got it to work finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
Synystersixx

synystersixx's Gamercard
I'm getting the same thing both in the game and on the dashboard. I've even tried it with another Xbox. Just keeps telling me it can't download the item: Status code - 80070570. Anybody know what this and a way to fix it? Would really appreciate sny help.
Synystersixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Wicelow

Wicelow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm having the same issue right now.
Kinda incredible we can't access content we're paying for !!

I'll try from the game to see if it makes a difference.

edit : after a few tries (from dashboard, from game, from marketplace and purchase history)... There is no way for me to get my DLC.
I'll wait to start the game, then.

Last edited by Wicelow; 09-22-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Wicelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Synystersixx

synystersixx's Gamercard
I e-mailed xbox customer support but they told me to call the customer service number. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can dig up. Wish I'd spent the 560 somewhere else now...
According to the error code it is a Microsoft server error, I just don't understand how it wouldn't affect everybody though.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
Murphy1978

Murphy1978's Gamercard
Not sure what to suggest people - as it took a couple of tries using my "fix" method but it did work for me in the end.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
EchoPark

Send a message via MSN to EchoPark

EchoPark's Gamercard
yea did work the first time on me when stickin it on my new console but the second time it worked. It seems compelte random
EchoPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
Synystersixx

synystersixx's Gamercard
I must've tried a hundred times over the last 2 days and still nothing...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #11
Killmane

Killmane666's Gamercard
from the ingame menu, select premium download, start it up, as soon as it hits 1% click cancel download. then start the DL back up and it should work ( this is what i just did and its currently DLing properly now )
Old 09-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
Wicelow

Wicelow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Very strange issue...
Worked at last for me this morning.

Cleared my cache, rebooted my 360 and then added the dlc and it was dowloaded normally.

Don't know if this manipulation is the key or if I got lucky, but you can try too, it can't harm ^^

Wicelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
Amatsukami78

Amatsukami78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synystersixx View Post
I'm getting the same thing both in the game and on the dashboard. I've even tried it with another Xbox. Just keeps telling me it can't download the item: Status code - 80070570. Anybody know what this and a way to fix it? Would really appreciate sny help.
I am also having the same issue, searched the net and there is 1000s of others having the same issue. Spend 560 points on a issue that others didnt have before the update for the lag and freeze. Now i have two games that are sitting in limbo because the designers have their head up their back ends. The new borderlands collectibles achievements (3) don't work either because of some issue of obtaining a statue achievement before the collectible achievements. Crackdown 2 when I bought it the first time i found a headache to collect all the orbs and etc, but made it tolerable with the ping system. Now I get two sets of errors when trying to download the new expansion. Just wish they would test the new dlc before rushing to put it out on the marketplace.
Amatsukami78 is offline   Reply With Quote