PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

DEATHSPANK: Thongs of Virtue

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 13 achievements for 215
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 215: 10-15 hrs
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 2
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No
-Glitchy achievements: 0
-Unobtainable achievements: None

ORQUE IMPOSTER
Convince an Orque guard you are an Orque

You will need the following items to convince the Orgue guard:

Orque Uniform - Found in the Jungle in the stomaches of the Jungle Beasts. Slaying the beast will net you the uniform.

Papers - These will need to be forged. You will need to get the quill from Interrogation Isle, by killing the large Chicken Inquisitor, Ink by killing the large Jungle Squid, and Toilet Paper by killing the large Goo Monster in the Latrine. 1st combine the Quill and the Ink. Then the Quill with Ink and the Toilet Paper.

Password - To get this you just need to listen to the relaxing phrase the Orque uses to help him dump in the Latrine. It is " And The Mighty Orque Barks Back".

You then go to the bridge and use these items and your knowledge to get the Orque guard to lower the bridge.

DEATH OF A PENGUIN
Kill the Evil Nun

You will need to collect 5 RED books. 3 can be found in the library. the 4th is to the East of Tricore 7 (You will need to kill the Giant Leprechaun guarding the bridge to receive it), the 5th book is laying on the floor in the sanctuary. Before going into the Sanctuary, go to each of the tourism monks standing next to the statues surrounding the building. Each monk will tell you about a "god". Go to the guard and ask to speak with the nun, as soon as he leaves, enter the sanctuary. Use a red book with each alter, then pull the lever to burn them and activate the elevator.

Fight your way to the main chamber. Deactivate the magic field surrounding the Nun. Then talk to her. Each god will then ask you a question.

- 1st statue - Tell her it would take 9 years to find such a perfect nose.

- 2nd Statue - Tell her that you give all you have to the downtrodden.

- 3rd statue - Tell her it makes the flowers bloom and the birds sing.

- 4th statue - Tell him it was the last thing he lifted.

- 5th statue -Tell him I'm confused.

You will then fight the Nun. If you answered the statue questions incorrectly, she will have their powers as well as her own. It's an easy fight if you answer correctly.

PRIM V.I.P.
See All 20 of Madame Prim's Outfits

MISSABLE ACHIEVMENT - The army general will require you to get a piece of gold at one point, to do so you will need to kill Madame Prim. Make sure to watch her change all 20 outfits before steeling her gold.

Madame Prim can be found in the whore house in Strunfuqel. She will put on a show for you in exchange for dog tags and $1. Dogtags can be collected in the jungle. Choose each outfit and watch the show until you have seen all 20. Make sure not to open her chest until after you have gotten the achievment, as it will make her quite hostile.

For a list of outfits check out Ponypo2001's list here.

WELL EDUCATED
Get an Engineering Degree

Talk to the engineer by the railroad tracks just west of Strumfuquel. He will have you carry 3 items down the tracks to the conductor, who will use them to clear the tracks. For each one, go ahead on foot and kill the enemies along the way.

Nitroglycerin - Just run down the tracks and hand it to the conductor. After he blows the bolder, head west down the tracks to the engineer.

Lit Dynamite - Head back up the tracks to the east, take the Red Orque Outhouse to the Shack Outhouse, then go back east up the tracks to the conductor. After he blows the rocks, head west down the tracks to the engineer.

Highly Corrosive Acid - For this you will need to use a nature resistance potion, luckily you should have just been rewarded one. Just use the potion right before talking to the engineer, then take the acid down the tracks to the conductor.

Head down the tracks and talk to the engineer one more time.

RAISE YOUR MAST
Go Sailing In A Pirate Ship

Head to SCURVYVILLE and talk to Captain Taint. Ask him if you can borrow his ship. He will require you to get the following items.

- A lemon - You can get this from the tree at IMA STRUNKEN's farm north of Beaux Kuckelle.

- Keys to the ship - Go to PLAID PETE's cave and defeat him. He is located just west of Scurvyville.

- Rum - Get this in Strumfuquel at The Haunted Crotch. You will need to get Grimtub Hobblepotty's liquor license back from Wortten (see TO SERVE MAN achievment) so he can sell you the rum.

KONICHIWA
Learn To Speak Japanese

MISSABLE ACHIEVMENT - make sure to get it as stated. If you have already killed Wortten, you may not be able to get it.

After Challenging Wortten to a fight (see TO SERVE MAN achievement) , you can speak with her Japanese judges. He will tell you something in Japanese. Then you can run out of Worten's, go back to the library, and check out the book LEARN TO SPEAK JAPANESE.

DISPENSER OF JUSTICE
Kill 3000 Enemies

Just kill 3000 Enemies. You will get this in one play-through by doing all the quests.

TO SERVE MAN
Kill Wortten

To get in and see Wortten, you will need to become an employee. To do so you must complete 3 tasks.

Pass a drug test - Go to the infirmary in Worttens. You can't have taken any healing potion within the last 2 minutes.

Get a uniform with at least 6 pieces of flare- Go to the break room to get an unripped vest. When you kill the ninjas along the way, they will drop a torn vest. If you use the torn vest in the menu screen it will turn into a piece of flare. The use the pieces of flare with the vest and you have the uniform.

Learn the birthday song - First go to the library in Beaux Knuckle and get a library card with the name Deathspank and a birthday of Steves Eve(todays Date from the newspaper). Then go to Tina the Taco vendor in Strumfuquel, and order the birthday special. She will check your ID, then sing you the birthday song. Go back to Worttens and turn in your quests to the receptionist to become an employee.

Head to Worten's office, she will challenge you to a cook off. Before going to the orphan to give her your ingredients list, you will want to complete the "KONICHIWA achievement", head back to the judge and speak with him again. He will then name his 3 favorite dishes in english. Make the dish for the judges and he will have the ninjas attack Wortten. Kill her and you will get the achievement and Hobblepotty's liquor license.

A TRUE HERO
Reach Level 20

Killing enemies and completing quests will earn you XP. The higher your difficulty level, the more XP you will earn.

MYSTIC TRANSPORT
Discover all 44 Teleporting Outhouses

The missing 44th Outhouse will appear after you give the mini Thongolith to the researcher.

RUIN CHRISTMAS
Kill Santa Clause

After completing the quests for the army general, you will have the option to storm the north pole. When you first encounter santa, he will use his christmas cheer to easily defeat you, before locking you in the dungeon with no exit. To exit go to the levers and pull the following pattern:

1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 1

This will bring you out in the Reindeer Pen. Kill all the reindeer to get Rudolph's Earmuffs. Santa can't knock you out while wearing the earmuffs so he will sick his coal monster on you. Beat the coal monster and you get the achievement. Make sure not to use fire weapons, and have a few potions (fire resistance, armor potion, and health potion) and this fight will be a breeze.

A TALE OF TWO ENDINGS
Watch Both Game Endings

Make the final choice with Sandy, then reload your game and make the other choice.

FROZEN JUSTICE
Kill The Taking Tree

The cave is found in the snowy mountains to the east. Most enemies are around level 20. It helps to have an armor potion for the final battle as the tree will summon a large amount of enemies.

Check out my SHANK, COSTUME QUEST, and Deathspank T.O.V. achievement guides

Last edited by OG T UNIT; 09-25-2010 at 08:54 AM.
OG T UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
DEATH OF A PENGUIN

Here is how you get to the evil nun and how the battle works.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 09-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
kashmyr7

kashmyr7's Gamercard
Still in progress myself - however, it appears that the Primm VIP achievement is possibly missable. Make sure you get that one early.
kashmyr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmyr7 View Post
Still in progress myself - however, it appears that the Primm VIP achievement is possibly missable. Make sure you get that one early.
Very missable. I just got it.
Basically head to the desert town where the sheriff is "Strumfuquel" and head to the brothel "its right above the Strumfuquel outhouse.
Then go in and talk to Madame Prim. She will tell you that she can't offer any services atm, cus she is booked until late next year. But she has a deal with the Army boys. If you collected dog tags you will convince her you are in the army and she will charge you 1$ for it.

Dog tags can be found in the Jungel area in the lower right corner of the map or in the haunted forest parts. That's where I found mine anyway.

Then she will give you the choice of 4 outfits she can use. Select one and wait for about 10 seconds. Then a short clip will be shown with her in the outfit. Just do this 20 times "one for each outfit" and the achievement unlocks.
But when I had done about 15 of em. I only got 4 choices that I had already done several times. Just pick one and talk to her again. Just be sure to keep note of what you have done so you don't get confused at the end. Just write down key words for each outfit. Made it a bit easier at the end.

Edit: there is already a post that shows the different names for the outfit she has.

Last edited by Balc0ra; 09-23-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Balc0ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
kashmyr7

kashmyr7's Gamercard
Plus, The Tale of Two Endings is not missable. It will reload you before the "choice".
kashmyr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #6
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Would like to add that you don't need 20 dog tags for the Prim VIP achivement. You only need 1 to show her that you are with the ARMY so you can have an apointment with her. I only had 5... and stil got 5. Just a heads up. Sorry for missing that part out.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Treisgar

Shadowsqual's Gamercard
@ Balc0ra (sorry dont know how to reply with spoler in)

Treisgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treisgar View Post
@ Balc0ra (sorry dont know how to reply with spoler in)

Thanks, I will use that.

To add spoilers check out this link

Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
mrmarvel

tkmcrimemaster's Gamercard
Big thanks for the Guide
mrmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
wesker

tasosole's Gamercard
i have just finihshed the game i have all the achievements except the one to find all the outhouses does anyone know where i can find a map to check what i am missing?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Xychosis

Xychosis's Gamercard
You're likely missing the Hot Island outhouse. It's not shown on the map.
You can find it directly south of Spider Island.
Xychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
Treisgar

Shadowsqual's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG T UNIT View Post
Thanks, I will use that.

To add spoilers check out this link
Thanks for the link. The answer for the last god is "I'm confused"
Treisgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
Here's a map with all the outhouses visible. I haven't numbered or listed any of them, because frankly there isn't much point. Of course, this map is lacking the very last outhouse, but it's not exactly hard to find.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7...nkouthouse.png
xf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #14
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
I'm near the end now. And as I guess you can say that well educated is missable since that was given to you at the end of a quest line.

@wesker: I take it the Konichiwa is missable as well? I think I know here to get it. But the japanese dude is gone form there now. How did you get it?

Edit: Never mind. I just figured it out. Just gotta wait for it to come there first.

Last edited by Balc0ra; 09-23-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Balc0ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #15
wesker

tasosole's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xf02 View Post
Here's a map with all the outhouses visible. I haven't numbered or listed any of them, because frankly there isn't much point. Of course, this map is lacking the very last outhouse, but it's not exactly hard to find.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7...nkouthouse.png
thanks i was missing two of the the hot island and the skeletons one
Old 09-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #16
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

Making good progress, hope to finish tonight or tomorrow morning.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

Completed. Had to trim down quite a bit to get down to the maximum character limit.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

keeping it near the top

Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I would just stop bumping it up...doesn't look like yours is as well put together as the other. Not to mention your shank guide isn't done yet..GO FINISH THAT ONE!

Last edited by EliteShadowMan; 10-03-2010 at 11:18 AM.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
TsarBlandi

TsarBlandi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
I would just stop bumping it up...doesn't look like yours is as well put together as the other. Not to mention your shank guide isn't done yet..GO FINISH THAT ONE!
indeed i prefer the other guide

Retail Games Original 100%: 10
Arcade Games 100%: 3
TsarBlandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #21
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsarBlandi View Post
indeed i prefer the other guide
at least this one has been correct the whole time. of course since mine was completed the other was corrected to match.