PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #61
daYoko

daYoko's Gamercard
My worst tracks have got to be Silverstone (finishing in a lapped 23th, with me taking Massa out in the process), and also Singapore (crashing out in the first lap of the race, taking out Massa, Hamilton, Button and Kobyashi with me - it was pretty spectacular).

Favorite tracks are Monaco (finished poll potion on qualifying in the wet with 8 seconds to spare, but crashed out on lap 16, taking Vettel out with me, but nobody likes Vettel and it's really enjoyable).

Also Catalynya, it was my first single player win, I was 16 seconds in front until I missed the first corner, still come first though.

Also another personal favorite is Abu Dhabi, with the perfect setup I was 26 seconds ahead of 2nd place and come out the pits still 1st.
daYoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #62
Krzysiek68

i dont like monte carlo
Krzysiek68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #63
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon86 View Post
Catalunya wasn't kind to me either. My problems were in the last few corners, especially the chicane.
Same here; even if I qualify OK it seems whatever my pit strategy I end up 20 seconds down because either someone doesn't pit, or the lollipop man holds me up.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #64
Adasi

Have add another nothc into catalunya's coffin - i HATE eveything herman Tilke has ever done - the man is single handedly ruining F1 circuits.

They're all so boring and the same.

Exception being Abu Dhabi if he had a hand in that.

But I HATE what he did the the hockenheim and i HATE what he did to Catalunya - ruined two brilliant circuits with horrific sections and sucked the soul out.

I used ot love screaming out of the last looooong corner at Catalunya full thorttole and burning down the straight. now it feels like a chore!

I hate monaco in RL and wish it wasn't on the calendar - it's incredibly boring for fans as nothing happens if it doesn't rain!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #65
MeanMachine00

MCR DANGERDAYS's Gamercard
Silverstone I detest now, I'm used to the old track of Silverstone and since they revamped it, the new turns just became my New Nightmare.

Being Goth Isn't About Wearing Dark Clothing, It's About Rejecting Society's Norms
MeanMachine00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #66
paul299

paul299's Gamercard
My least favourite track both in the game and in real life watching F1 is Monaco. The track is simply too narrow for modern F1 cars and there are too few overtaking opportunities making for a parade from start to finish.
paul299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #67
Dragon86

Draco86's Gamercard
I read something about Monaco about that if it hadn't been on the schedule already, there would be no way it that it would ever get an F1 date now.
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #68
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Monte Carlo sucks, such a tight track!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #69
ansotica

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Monaco. I think it is because I'm jut not able to make a good lap there or race, don't know why..
ansotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #70
Sanction

Send a message via MSN to Sanction

Sanction1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Singapore, I despise that track. It's no surprise Hamilton said it has the worst chicane in F1 history.

Sanction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #71
headshed101

Beardyman81's Gamercard
Catalunya. Just driven it in career and I despise that final sector!
headshed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #72
webbface

Webb Face's Gamercard
Singapore is the worst circuit by far. Keep spinning off when clipping the inside curbs. Just doesn't flow too stop start. Silverstone & Spa are the best for me really quick tracks.

Adasi: I agree Hockenheim was wicked once with that monster straight into the forest. Catalunya could still get rid of the final chicane. In motogp they don't use it.

LET'S GET HAMMERED! GRIFBALL STYLE

Last edited by webbface; 10-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.
webbface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #73
Tricky Turk

xTurkishxGloryx's Gamercard
Monte Carlo for me. Ik think i restarded the race like 20 or 30 times and just when i said this is my last try i was 4th untill sixth lap then got in for a pitstop and came out 17, then crashed and finished last xD
Tricky Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #74
Stewie

TheSuperStewie's Gamercard
Marina Bay, Singapore. Especially THAT Chicane.
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #75
Beatmosh

Beatmosh's Gamercard
Monaco all the way! I managed to post a pole position after a lot of restarting the session! however i already had a 5 place grid drop for piledriving Glock into a wall in one of the practise sessions... then on the race i used all 4 flashbacks, pitted twice with smashed off front wings and drove most of the race with a slightly damaged wing... I finished 10th and I was delighted... I also wrecked Massa's car midway thru the race and took no penalty so that was ok too!
Beatmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #76
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
The beginning of Silverton makes me weezy its so challengeing to not brake on a slight turn!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #77
Nanbag

Nanbag's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian333333 View Post
singapore an valencia are the worst

i did lose my front wing a lot in monaco but i changed the car balance an actually got faster laps without it!!! :P

LOL, so you set up your car to go without a front wing!? i like how you have just thought sod it, i know im gonna lose a wing in this race lets set the car up to race without one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daYoko View Post
My worst tracks have got to be Silverstone (finishing in a lapped 23th, with me taking Massa out in the process), and also Singapore (crashing out in the first lap of the race, taking out Massa, Hamilton, Button and Kobyashi with me - it was pretty spectacular).

Favorite tracks are Monaco (finished poll potion on qualifying in the wet with 8 seconds to spare, but crashed out on lap 16, taking Vettel out with me, but nobody likes Vettel and it's really enjoyable).

Also Catalynya, it was my first single player win, I was 16 seconds in front until I missed the first corner, still come first though.

Also another personal favorite is Abu Dhabi, with the perfect setup I was 26 seconds ahead of 2nd place and come out the pits still 1st.

i like how you have taken everyone elses worst tracks and said they are your favourites....

for me monaco (dry) singapore (wet)

Last edited by Nanbag; 10-07-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Nanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #78
f1ferrari

F1 Ferrari's Gamercard
So far Hate china, Love Monaco

f1ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #79
oP-x-Redbull

MY least favorite track is Monaco circuit, it's too narrow to overtake. And i hate the chicane right after the tunnel en the last bend before the finishline, i can't make a single lap without touching the wall
oP-x-Redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #80
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oP-x-Redbull View Post
MY least favorite track is Monaco circuit, it's too narrow to overtake. And i hate the chicane right after the tunnel en the last bend before the finishline, i can't make a single lap without touching the wall
That chicane is where you're supposed to outbrake and overtake.
I love monaco now I've gotten used to it, it really tests your concentration and skill every lap. Though it's very much a circuit you have to qualify in the first 2 rows to do well in.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #81
Diggerdoe

Send a message via Skype™ to Diggerdoe

Diggerdoe's Gamercard
Least favorite Track

Well, having completed one season i can say the following tracks are a bitch for me.

Singapore,
nightmare esp in the wet, impossible to complete a single lap without giving love to any or all of the barriers... I hate it.. 10/10

Monte Carlo,
almost as bad as Singapore but at least the corners flow a little better, but again always wrecking my front wing or getting a penalty esp and swimming pool corner arrgghhh 8/10

Abu Dabi,
Not bad track but the sun glare really makes the braking point a challenge to hit it right every time esp when under pressure from the AI on the later stages of a 16 lap event.. 6/10

South Korea,
good track, but the kerbs are a BITCH!!! one slight touch and end up spinning like a bottle at a swingers party.. 5/10

Favorite track, is
Spa and Monza..
Diggerdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #82
Jammie667

McLarenFan Jamm's Gamercard
Catalunya is my least favourite track. Think i qualified 14th, but because ALL the AI drivers were suddenly lapping loads faster than they did in Quali I ended up holding up a massive line of traffic and when I pitted from 9th I ended up dead last. No pit lane bug either.
Jammie667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #83
xLMx1994

xLiMiiiTzx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerdoe View Post
Well, having completed one season i can say the following tracks are a bitch for me.

Singapore,
nightmare esp in the wet, impossible to complete a single lap without giving love to any or all of the barriers... I hate it.. 10/10

Monte Carlo,
almost as bad as Singapore but at least the corners flow a little better, but again always wrecking my front wing or getting a penalty esp and swimming pool corner arrgghhh 8/10

Abu Dabi,
Not bad track but the sun glare really makes the braking point a challenge to hit it right every time esp when under pressure from the AI on the later stages of a 16 lap event.. 6/10

South Korea,
good track, but the kerbs are a BITCH!!! one slight touch and end up spinning like a bottle at a swingers party.. 5/10

Favorite track, is
Spa and Monza..
loads of people hate singapore and i dont know why. i prefer it to monaco and i love it in the wet. i go so much quicker round there in the wet in comparison to AI and other players than i do in the dry. i think its a brilliant track

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin Mcrae
xLMx1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #84
barnistuta

Angry

Catalunya is a total dog, i don't think I have won a race there in any f1 game ever. Not a fan of silverstone either, and Hockenheim is dire. That stupid right hander into the stadium section is a corner which I just cannot get right
barnistuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #85
snik

HK FS 182's Gamercard
Monaco! Wasn't hard in GT4!
snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #86
goofyvillain

Send a message via MSN to goofyvillain

goofyvillain's Gamercard
I gotta say that in my first season, I disliked Monte Carlo. Actually didn't finish that race as I kept crashing, and ending up getting the DNF. Second season though, and still with Lotus, I took more care and time round the track, and felt more confident as the race went on, even getting up to 10th.

Would possibly have to say Catalunya is my least favourite, I just seem to struggle them for some weird reason. No doubt as the career mode goes on, and I move up to a better team the Lotus, I'll do better and come to like this track. For now though, it's driving me bonkers!!

goofyvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #87
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Now i have completed the whole season i can safely say Singapore is the most awful track of them all, doesnt flow at all, the whole thing consists of 7th gear 200 mph straights down to a 1st gear 50 mph f*ck*d up turn.

Monte Carlo ... WoW ... Simply Brillaint
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #88
xLMx1994

xLiMiiiTzx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o H i T M a N z View Post
Now i have completed the whole season i can safely say Singapore is the most awful track of them all, doesnt flow at all, the whole thing consists of 7th gear 200 mph straights down to a 1st gear 50 mph f*ck*d up turn.

Monte Carlo ... WoW ... Simply Brillaint
i feel the opposite. i love singapore it is one of my favourite tracks of all time, where as monaco, i like but dont love. i just find it to tight. its really hard to overtake unless you do it in the pits, and with the pit lane bugs atm, it makes it even harder. i have found one spot where im capable of overtaking though, and now am enjoying the track more, although im still not keen on it. my least favourite track though is the one in hungary. there is no real overtaking spot unless you have extra speed on the straight, but to get that speed you have to sacrifice downforce in the rest of the track, and then you cant overtake on the straight as you are not close enough. you either have to be a demon on the brakes, get an incredible drive out of a corner, or hope someone makes a mistake to overtake.

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin Mcrae
xLMx1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #89
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLMx1994 View Post
i feel the opposite. i love singapore it is one of my favourite tracks of all time, where as monaco, i like but dont love. i just find it to tight. its really hard to overtake unless you do it in the pits, and with the pit lane bugs atm, it makes it even harder. i have found one spot where im capable of overtaking though, and now am enjoying the track more, although im still not keen on it. my least favourite track though is the one in hungary. there is no real overtaking spot unless you have extra speed on the straight, but to get that speed you have to sacrifice downforce in the rest of the track, and then you cant overtake on the straight as you are not close enough. you either have to be a demon on the brakes, get an incredible drive out of a corner, or hope someone makes a mistake to overtake.
Fully agree, Singapore is fantastic and flows perfectly in my opinion. Hungary is also my least favourite track. Just can't keep enough speed through the 2nd sector. The only real overtake spot is at the end of sector 1, the AI slow down after corner 2, through corner 3. I take it flat out and if im close enough can just overtake someone. But mostly my results here are influenced by Qualifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMachine00 View Post
Silverstone I detest now, I'm used to the old track of Silverstone and since they revamped it, the new turns just became my New Nightmare.
I also preffered the old version, but i am pretty good on the new also.

Last edited by pined5551; 10-17-2010 at 08:45 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #90
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
I don't really have a track I absolutely hate, however I find Korea, Istanbul and Hungary to be my least favourite of them all.

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - Red Bull Driver #1
Click to go to x360a F1 2011 Season Website
x13radx is offline   Reply With Quote