Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
XxJU571NxX
Banned User

XxJU571NxX's Gamercard
Change xbox live email?

Is there a way to change the email you signed up with xbox live since this new update is coming out with messenger service and I used a spare email. So can I or do I have to make a whole new account?
XxJU571NxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
DisturbedDan

Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they allow you to do it with the update tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
Aprosa

Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
I hope so! now a days i'm never on MSN any more... and i don't want to go online everytime i'm playing my Xbox!

I don't like the idea that everybody keeps sending you messages when you're playing a game!

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yeh Me To??

Is The Update Coming Out Tomorrow??

I Want To Change Mine Because The Ones I have Signed Up To lIve WIth Got Hacked And i cant get it back :'(!!

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
KRIS DETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

actually... you can change this but only if you originally didn't use a @hotmail.com name as your sign in name.

i had my signup name to gmail before and now i changed it to a hotmail name

Last edited by DisturbedDan; 05-09-2007 at 06:52 AM.
DisturbedDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #6
Aprosa

Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDan View Post
actually... you can change this but only if you originally didn't use a @hotmail.com name as your sign in name.
Why is that? i used a hotmail.com adres... so that means that i have to block every freaking one on my list?!?!

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 AM   #7
KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
wahhhh???

my old one was ***_****_******_***@hotmail.com (didnt acculy put it but you get me??)

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprosa View Post
Why is that? i used a hotmail.com adres... so that means that i have to block every freaking one on my list?!?!
i guess so... one reason i started out with a fresh new name.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 AM   #9
KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Damn I Know That On This Site There Has Got To Be One Hacker (not In A Bad Way)

If You Can Find Out Old Passwords To E-mails PLEASE PLEASE Message Me

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #10
Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Forza Tournament Winner
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDan View Post

i had my signup name to gmail before and now i changed it to a hotmail name

exactly how do you change your email mate? because i want to change my non hotmail.com email to a hotmail.com email to use the IM. i can't find how to change the windows live ID on the xbox or on xbox.com! please help. thanks

Xterm1n8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
WaltXXX

Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
I really hope that I can change my e-mail..
Old 05-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #12
DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xterm1n8or View Post
exactly how do you change your email mate? because i want to change my non hotmail.com email to a hotmail.com email to use the IM. i can't find how to change the windows live ID on the xbox or on xbox.com! please help. thanks
http://g.live.com/0HE_TRACKSTAR_ENUS9/80012

their you go. Just login using the email you setup for xbox.com. Then you will see "change" next to your name. Click it and then you will be brought to the page to do it.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
Haly

Haly x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Real pain you can't change email addresses from a hotmail address to something else
I use a hotmail.co.uk address for XBL but a hotmail.com address for MSN, ah well. Nice functionality for others though.
Haly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #14
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I pu in my hotmail acount when setting up my xbox live but it said i need an adults acount to let me set up live so i used my dads one which isnt hotmail and thats the one it is under. Now i am an adult i want to change it to my acount so can change it to my hotmail one now?

EDIT: I entered my dads email into the link above and went to change, then typed in my email adress as the change to ID and it says it is not available which i know because it is mine. How can i change the registered xbox ID (my dads) to the one i use for msn/windows live messenger (my one)?

Last edited by Adam Miller; 05-09-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #15
codedigital

Send a message via AIM to codedigital

Code x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS DETH View Post
Damn I Know That On This Site There Has Got To Be One Hacker (not In A Bad Way)

If You Can Find Out Old Passwords To E-mails PLEASE PLEASE Message Me
Why do you capitalize every word?

It isn't possible to 'hack' hotmail for your password.
codedigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #16
SteelerXBox360

Send a message via AIM to SteelerXBox360 Send a message via Yahoo to SteelerXBox360

iZoSo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Miller View Post
I pu in my hotmail acount when setting up my xbox live but it said i need an adults acount to let me set up live so i used my dads one which isnt hotmail and thats the one it is under. Now i am an adult i want to change it to my acount so can change it to my hotmail one now?

EDIT: I entered my dads email into the link above and went to change, then typed in my email adress as the change to ID and it says it is not available which i know because it is mine. How can i change the registered xbox ID (my dads) to the one i use for msn/windows live messenger (my one)?
Is your email address not available because you are already using it for another Windows Live ID? If so, then you will have to change that ID first to yet another email address to free up your current MSN email address that you want to use in place of your parents email address...hope this helps.

SteelerXBox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Yeh it is not available because i am using it for another windows live id. I have my email address yeh...i use this for msn/windows live messenger. When i set up my live acount i put in that emil address and it said because i was to yound it needed an adults adress so iput in a different one(dads). If i click my gamertag on the dashboard it has my email adress, if i go to xbox.com it is my email address but when i go to family settingsit wants my dads email address password. When i g to windows live messenger it says it is not available on chil accounts. Ideally i would like to allow live messenger through my dads password or delete it and have an adult account under my email address.

Please help me, yu sound like you know what you are talking about.

Side note: 2 Word of mouth awards lol
Old 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
SteelerXBox360

Send a message via AIM to SteelerXBox360 Send a message via Yahoo to SteelerXBox360

iZoSo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Yeh it is not available because i am using it for another windows live id. I have my email address yeh...i use this for msn/windows live messenger. When i set up my live acount i put in that emil address and it said because i was to yound it needed an adults adress so iput in a different one(dads). If i click my gamertag on the dashboard it has my email adress, if i go to xbox.com it is my email address but when i go to family settingsit wants my dads email address password. When i g to windows live messenger it says it is not available on chil accounts. Ideally i would like to allow live messenger through my dads password or delete it and have an adult account under my email address.

Please help me, yu sound like you know what you are talking about.

Side note: 2 Word of mouth awards lol
OK, so you have 2 Live IDs, 1 tied to your GT (your dads) and 1 tied to your MSN messenger account (yours). If I was you, I would try to create another email address, if you don't have another one, to use in the Live ID - MSN msgr acct, replacing your current one. If this works then your msn email address will be free, hopefully and then replace your dads on your Live ID - GT one. Give it a try and let me know.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #19
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

I may have to do that butthe thing is that the one i have for msn i use for everything and is also linked to my xbox360 just not for family settings making it a child account. If I make this free i will loose all my messenger contacts and xbox.com ID. What i really want is to combine he two keeping my one and getting rid of my dads or just overiding it, or if possilbe change my account now from child to adult.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #20
SteelerXBox360

iZoSo's Gamercard

Quote:
I may have to do that butthe thing is that the one i have for msn i use for everything and is also linked to my xbox360 just not for family settings making it a child account. If I make this free i will loose all my messenger contacts and xbox.com ID. What i really want is to combine he two keeping my one and getting rid of my dads or just overiding it, or if possilbe change my account now from child to adult.
I hate to say it but I think that you might need to contact somebody for this one and then maybe they can just replace your dads email with yours that you are already using, removing the parental control in the process. I do not know who you would contact but I would start with Microsoft techical support and work your way down...you could be on the phone for a while but I believe that this is out of your hands.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #21
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

I agree but i am not the only one with this problem and i have searched many forums and alot of people are saying that microsoft are working on it so i think i will have to wait and see if something happens, if not i wil call them.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #22
KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Yeh I Am Trying This Aswell

I Rang MS Today They Said Ring BAck On Sunday And They Should Be Able To Chnage E-mial Adresses Round By Then

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #23
SteelerXBox360

iZoSo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS DETH View Post
Yeh I Am Trying This Aswell

I Rang MS Today They Said Ring BAck On Sunday And They Should Be Able To Chnage E-mial Adresses Round By Then
Well at least it seems that there is hope in sight for you guys. At this point, you will have to get them to change it for you as there is no way they are going to give users the ability to do it themselves, merging/upgrading accounts that is...

Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #24
KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Well You Have To Hope, Bring On Sunday!!

I Want To Use This Saves Power lol (so i dont have to have pc & 360 on at the same time)

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #25
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
yeah I really hope Sunday will work out. I have my main account associated with a yahoo, but my main MSN account is associated with an account I only used as a trial type account for Halo. I could have done the change email feature since my main is yahoo, but now my problem is my main MSN is associated with a silver account. I really hope they can change stuff around.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #26
zOwnerofallz

Thanks for how to change email, but first I need to know how to delete my old gamertag that my hotmail is used for?
zOwnerofallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #27
XxJU571NxX
Banned User

XxJU571NxX's Gamercard
Apparently the update is out right now I'll check my 360 right now.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #28
zOwnerofallz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJU571NxX View Post
Yeah, its been out all day
zOwnerofallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #29
KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJU571NxX View Post
lol @ you man its been out for like 13 hours

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #30
XxJU571NxX
Banned User

XxJU571NxX's Gamercard
Ohh wel I've been at school all day so I'm a little behind the time.