PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Alien Breed 2: Assault
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
thebozboz84

thebozboz84's Gamercard
Elite difficulty

Is it just me or is this easier than episode 1? I finished it without dying once, the introduction of credits for buying ammo and medikits seems to have made the game easy.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebozboz84 View Post
Is it just me or is this easier than episode 1? I finished it without dying once, the introduction of credits for buying ammo and medikits seems to have made the game easy.
There seems to be more enemies in the first one but I would chalk it up to you being familiar with the game. I breezed through the 1st one but i played the 2nd on already.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
I found the first game really hard on normal, so didn't try elite difficulty. This game HAS been easier, for sure, so far (I'm up to chapter 2) but even so I wouldn't like to try it on elite. I like the addition of credits and upgrades, and it makes the game feel more substantial. It's much better than the first, it seems a shame that more people have been put off by that one's poor sections and missing out on this.

wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
I'm surprised of this too. The first one is more of an ode to the amiga version but seems to be more ammo friendly. I remember hating the amiga version because enemies were a bit over-powered (or maybe this was a certain build that made it hard) and too much saving of ammo.

Alien breed 1 and 2 are the same exact game with some different elements. Oh well.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Lc Moog

Lc Moog's Gamercard
Agreed, this game was a hell of a lot easier because you could buy additional ammo + health kits. They did seem to lower the damage of the blaster or is that just me?
Lc Moog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Armakuni

Send a message via ICQ to Armakuni Send a message via MSN to Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
I got the achievement for difficulty by saving often and being on my toes. I didn't find it hardcore, but at the same time far from hardcore. Anyway, it's nice when a game comes along that doesn't allow you to relax. In space, only the aliens can hear your pulse rifle. This game almost held me over until Colonial Marines.