PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
Doominatorx6

Doominatorx6's Gamercard
Rock Revolution says hello

I am the only one who forsees another Rock Revolution-esque flop with this game? Remember that drum kit that promised to be "realistic?"

It was a JOKE. So was the game: a game blatently playing catch up.

Sounds really familar to this, doesn't it?

And they try to imitate Rock Band 3's "pro" mode? The one thing that will make or break that game (IMO, of course)? Oh boy...

Anyone else forsee this game in the bargain bin for 9.99 a week after release? Or 19.99$ with the instruments?

1st in the world to finish Monster Madness
2nd in the world to finish Rock of the Dead

Boogers
Doominatorx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #2
MuscularTea

Send a message via MSN to MuscularTea

MuscularTea's Gamercard
That won't be so bad if it's 19.99$ with instruments. Wouldn't mind picking up a super cheap electric guitar haha...

Definitely Rock revolution 2.

MuscularTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
weedyleopard

I can Definitly see this game flying into a big pile of cow pie. The guitar is so small the graphics are awful the songs are even worse. Game will fail, im pretty sure
weedyleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
SnakeChips

SnakeChips's Gamercard
The interface itself is just bad. And advertising a "real" guitar but not able to play all the notes of a guitar in a song(like RB3 pro mode will). Sounds like they are trying to advertise people to waste there money by tricking them into buying it. Plus just looking at the drums is fail. The "air" factor to it is quite interesting but most people need to see a button to hit, not wail through the air. From the looks of it the slightest off swing can make you hit the wrong one. It just seems annoying to deal with. So yes I agree. Rock Revolution 2. I need a cheap real guitar for $20 XD
SnakeChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
MattyG1983

Send a message via Yahoo to MattyG1983

Matty to tha G's Gamercard
Yea I thought the same thing about this game. Flop city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
49 Retail Complete
33 Arcade Complete
100,000G on 1/28/11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R.I.P. 1v100
MattyG1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
I warned ye! Didn' I warn ye! This game was forged by Lucifer himself to keep Clapton from coming to a playable game!

I did actually warn people about this game (see the thread on drumming mechanics, posted six weeks before the launch date). I got to try it at PAX and it is virtually unplayable. The Guitar looks more like a toy than the Rock Band Strat, the drums are imprecise and lack the recoil necessary to drum properly, the interface is almost the same as Rock Revolution and they talk about it being a real guitar but dumbed it down so much that it acts like any other rythym game.

So far it has sold 40,000 copies worldwide. Compare that with 540k for Guitar Hero 6 or Rock Band 3's "less than stellar sales" of 310k in one week less time. I think it can be declared dead.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
lignimvite

Send a message via Skype™ to lignimvite

lignimvite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, this game is like Rock Revolution and GH6 mixed, quite terribly I might add.
lignimvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Bought this game from Best Buy for $5. Last time I was able to buy a game that cheap from Best Buy was Rock Revolution.
Most Recent: Shark Dash
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Just picked up the game bundle with the guitar for $24.95 at Best Buy (originally $124.95)

EDIT: I see why it was marked down...the biggest piece of shit game I ever played...graphics were horrible...no matter how much I calibrated it wouldn't register my strums properly...the guitar weighed 1000 lbs....who ever ok'd this crap game for production should have their balls cut off. I want the half hour of my life I lost back.

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 05-03-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #10
Chaosflare

Send a message via MSN to Chaosflare

KitsuneChaos's Gamercard
GameStop just pennied out their new copies (set to "field destroy") today. xD

If you see me playing a game you need help with, or see such a game in my history,
there may be a small chance that I still have it, or can shell out a little cash to retrieve it.
Feel free to politely request assistance, and I'll do what I can (if within reason).

^w^

Chaosflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosflare View Post
GameStop just pennied out their new copies (set to "field destroy") today. xD
Are they really gonna destroy their copies?
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
Chaosflare

Send a message via MSN to Chaosflare

KitsuneChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Are they really gonna destroy their copies?
Yep; though any already in-stock pre-owned copies appear to remain at their regular price (currently $7.99).

If you see me playing a game you need help with, or see such a game in my history,
there may be a small chance that I still have it, or can shell out a little cash to retrieve it.
Feel free to politely request assistance, and I'll do what I can (if within reason).

^w^

Chaosflare is offline   Reply With Quote