PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 11
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Fredy29

WcG iFredy29's Gamercard
Losing connection to EA Severs all the time!!

Losing connection to EA Severs all the time!!

Right, I've had enough, I thought it was my disc on FIFA 10, buts its not, its doing the same to me on FIFA 11. I'm pretty confident its not my xbox, as it was doing it before I got my Elite, tried installing the games to my hard drive, doesnt make a difference.

Basically everytime I go to load game, or save a game mainly it does this. So I go to to load Career Mode (and Manager Mode on FIFA 10) for instance, it would freeze for like 10 secs, then the list of saves would come up for me to click, and it says lost connection to EA severs like everytime, it is well annoying.

I lose connection on Clubs sometimes, but this usually when my connection is rubbish. If I go on my xbox 360 guide during clubs, it makes me lose connection.

So basically with all the little things that makes me lose connection and freezing up at certain points on the game when backing out of Clubs - end of match stats or when im loading and saving stuff, it does it to all the time!!

Does this happen to anyone else, I really need to know, is there some sort of fix, If there isnt then it can only be one thing I can think of, and thats probably my connection because its and its usually even worse at night when more people are online.

Thanks for reading, its frustrating, any help would be greatful, thanks!!

-WcG iFredy29

World Class GaMeRz!

~WcG iFredy29~
Fredy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well mines fine. But go to dash n test connection that usually helps

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
CFC07

Send a message via MSN to CFC07

cfc0708's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
its happening me two everytime i reconnect it disconnects me a few minutes later .

CFC07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Never happened to me, what's your firewall restriction.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
DntStpMeNw

DntStpMeNw's Gamercard
I get it a couple of times whenever I try and load a saved Career, it's more a nuisance than anything
Old 10-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Fredy29

WcG iFredy29's Gamercard
just annoying, not my firewall, it does it when its open, although on FIFA it says its moderate atm! =/

-WcG iFredy29

World Class GaMeRz!

~WcG iFredy29~
Old 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Imamember

imamember05's Gamercard
ive had a similar problem, for the first day i couldnt stay on the ea server for more than 10 minutes without it disconecting now it works fine,
Imamember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
LarZieJ

LarZieJ's Gamercard
i've got it in 2 matches right now were i was winning losing connection and getting DNF and losing my winning streak

Currently Working On: Mass Effect 3 & Far Cry 3
Completed Retail: 21 |Latest: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Completed Arcade: 12 |Latest: Banjo-Kazooie
LarZieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
Snoooke

Snoooke's Gamercard
Happend to me yesterday
Snoooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Aaron15

L AZZAA L's Gamercard
Best thing is to just stay offline for a week and work on other achievements, EA will sort it, well hopefully :P.
Aaron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
Fredy29

WcG iFredy29's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
Best thing is to just stay offline for a week and work on other achievements, EA will sort it, well hopefully :P.
Yeah, but I dont think its just do with the severs being messed up, you know, theres always first week bugs with new games, but this has been happening to me for a year, through FIFA 10, and it does it to me when I search for ranked matches to, but I've been told thats not just me..

-WcG iFredy29

World Class GaMeRz!

~WcG iFredy29~
Old 10-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
most big games have problems on the first week or day of release, dont judge the game yet imo, wait a week and see if EA fix the problem. (probably wont cause EA are gay)
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
Fredy29

WcG iFredy29's Gamercard
every single time I've backed out of a club game my xbox freezes, only one it hasnt and I dont know how to fix it, its well annoying!!

-WcG iFredy29

World Class GaMeRz!

~WcG iFredy29~
Old 10-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
MeowZaK
Banned User

Send a message via Skype™ to MeowZaK

Meoww Its Zakky's Gamercard
Happens to me a lot lately. EA sux
MeowZaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #15
mjstokes85

mjstokes85's Gamercard
Happens all the time to me now, until yesterday my firewall status was always open and it was fine, now for no reason it is moderate and I lose connection to the EA servers all the time. I was on a 4 game winning streak online, in my 5th game winning in 2nd half and I just lost connection, there goes my good form achievement. Anyone know how to get the firewall settings back to open and why they have changed?!

1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #16
joshflip1989

JOSHFLIP1989's Gamercard
I had to open my ports for my router from moderate to Open because I was having loads of trouble staying in games.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #17
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I've not had any problems disconnecting from games but I do have the issue with losing connection to EA servers, and have done since I got FIFA 10.

My firewall ports are open, so it's not that and my connection to XBL is rock solid. The console I am using is an Elite, and as well as the EA server connection problem, loading times are also slow in FIFA. Yet on the Xbox Arcade I also have the EA server connection is fine and it loads faster too.

Maybe there is some kind of bug only affecting certain 360s..?

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #18
mjstokes85

mjstokes85's Gamercard
Would anyone know why my firewall status has changed from open to moderate without me doing anything?!

1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #19
AshleyBazSivorn

AshleyBazSivorn's Gamercard
Does EA have firewall ports like Bungie because even though I've open the ports on Xbox Live it's always shows Moderate :-(
Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
my nat is open but still dc alot from servers
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #21
AshleyBazSivorn

AshleyBazSivorn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybazsivorn View Post
does ea have firewall ports like bungie because even though i've open the ports on xbox live it's always shows moderate :-(
* * * bump * * *
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #22
jtr1gg3r

KiNG TUBZ zZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Its not just you. I log in to the server, then do something else, then at the bottom it will say"lost connection, blah, blah, blah"

I cant even play a VP match online
Old 12-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #23
smokeeeeeeeee

smokeeeeeeeee's Gamercard
Check out my old posts:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/...1333#327131333

Quote:
The game takes ages to sign me in onto my profile and EA when I press start at the Start Menu (just after you see Rooney score). I can 'Play A Friend' but I can't play Ranked Matches, Pro Club Matches or Online Team Play. When asked to load online squads when I search for a ranked match the game freezes and then tells me I've 'Lost connection to EA Servers.' When using the 'Play A Friend' option it is fine and delay free but when I say yes to a rematch the game freezes and then I lose connection to EA servers again.

Also, when loading or starting a new manager mode or lounge mode the game also freezes and then I lose connection to EA servers although I can still play manager mode, I do not get points towards my account. I do not get any delay when playing Manager Mode or Kick-Off.

Creating a new Xbox Live Account had worked as when I put in FIFA 10 and played on a different account, it was fine and I could play online. Also, the problem is not to do with my connection because I tried starting up FIFA 10 with my connection disconnected and it was still very slow signing in to my account.

I have an Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) and there is still a lot of space on my hard drive, I have only had it for around 11 months and have not had any serious problems with it until now. I did not have any problems with FIFA 09.

Creating a new EA account requires me to set up a new Xbox Live account which means using an entirely different account. I have searched a lot and could not find anyone else having a problem like mine. They were either getting disconnected during a game or couldn't connect to EA servers at all.

I have found out that if I start FIFA 10 with a second controller and with the second controller press start at the start menu it doesn't sign me into a profile. Then with my first controller I set my profile as 'Active' (Not 'Lead') and with this I can play ranked matches and pro club championship. The only problem is that there is a huge delay when inputting commands during gameplay which is not there if I just use the 'Play A Friend' option or just normal Kick-Off or Manager Mode. Also playing Pro Club Championship with no profile set as 'Lead' means that I earn no accomplishments during Pro Club Championship even though I am using my Virtual Pro.

I spoke to a person from EA online and he said resetting squads would solve the problem but it didn't.

I have tried:

> Forwarding ports
> Saving the game to my hard drive
> Resetting squads
> Updating squads
> Resetting and then Updating squads
> Clearing the memory cache
> Deleting my FIFA 09 data
> Deleting my FIFA 10 data

I wouldn't like to delete my FIFA 10 data again I have spent a lot of time getting all the accomplishments for my Virtual Pro.

This is obviously something to do with my FIFA 10 data or my EA account or it could it have something to do with my FIFA 09 achievements maybe.

I have ran out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any help.
Now I'm having the exact same problem on FIFA 11. I was hoping it wouldn't happen on the new one. The second controller trick still works but I worked out you don't have to set your profile as active you can just play without doing that (for FIFA 10 and 11). I hope EA really do something to fix this problem.

If we can get more people to post who have this problem then maybe EA will deem it important enough to make a patch for it. EA are busy patching the general connection problems (the disconnecting during games) which everyone seems to be getting to really do something about this one.

On FIFA 10 I bought ultimate team because I did not have any problems playing online on it. Was delay-free and I could have my profile active as lead. The only thing that was wrong was when exiting ultimate team it would disconnect me from EA.

On FIFA 11 I'm not sure about ultimate team. I haven't tried all the solutions I tried on FIFA 10 on FIFA 11 yet but I know that when playing FUT11 you can keep your profile active as lead but I think there is delay and/or lag when playing matches on it. May of been a one-off match.

On FIFA 10 and 11 I also get the disconnection from EA when selecting 'Yes' at the Rematch screen.

GT: smokeeeeeeeee
Add me if you're having the same problem.

I found another thread on this here:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/127470.page#1154823

Last edited by smokeeeeeeeee; 12-19-2010 at 12:55 AM.
smokeeeeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote