Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #91
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have a question to ask ...

Can we get rid of this silly subbing thing ?

I dont mind other people being in the race when the regulars cant make it, but i really dislike that someone who gets Disqualified takes my place everytime. I have done one race where i came 4th and got 12 points ( which is not bad ), i havnt raced in the last 2 weekends because of work and the people that have taken my place have got DQ'd or DNF'd.

I would much prefer it that the championship standings said the true results which is ... o H i T M a N z , 12 points , (1). The (1) showing i have only raced once. Rather than what the standings currently show, me having picked up 16 points from 3 races, 2 of which i have not done.

Then the guys that have subbed me can just be added to the bottom of the standings in a similar fashion ... e.g. ( their name ) 0 points, (1)

Does everyone understand what i mean ?
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #92
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by o H i T M a N z View Post
I have a question to ask ...

Can we get rid of this silly subbing thing ?

I dont mind other people being in the race when the regulars cant make it, but i really dislike that someone who gets Disqualified takes my place everytime. I have done one race where i came 4th and got 12 points ( which is not bad ), i havnt raced in the last 2 weekends because of work and the people that have taken my place have got DQ'd or DNF'd.
well, it's not like I am deliberately searching for quitters or people with connection problems to assign to you.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you the last 2 weeks and it sucks that you had to work these 2 days, but there's really nothing more we can do than search for replacements and sub them in randomly.

Dizzle and derektaylor didn't get any points this week because we couldn't find replacements for them, so I think 4pts for you, even if your sub got disconnected, is more than fair. In fact, Noddee found your sub about 15 minutes before the race started.

If I would have assigned your substitute to Dizzle or derek's spot, I guess you would have complained about not getting any points at all or not having a substitute race for you?

I'm really sorry for you, man, but please know that it's a pain in the ass finding 2-3 replacements every week for people that can't make a race - I'm doing the best I can.

Quote:
I would much prefer it that the championship standings said the true results which is ... o H i T M a N z , 12 points , (1). The (1) showing i have only raced once. Rather than what the standings currently show, me having picked up 16 points from 3 races, 2 of which i have not done.

Then the guys that have subbed me can just be added to the bottom of the standings in a similar fashion ... e.g. ( their name ) 0 points, (1)

Does everyone understand what i mean ?
I do understand what you mean, although I think that it would make things far too complicated and unnecessary.

If every one of us regulars has a substitute once during the season, we will have 12 people listed below us, and like I said, that's only if each racer has ONE substitute during the season.

Additionally, I think it's a bit unfair to every regular who has a substitute that is actually a pretty decent racer and picks up a nice batch of points for him.

If everybody thinks it's a good idea, I have no problem incorporating it, though.

Maybe we can talk about a solution involving default points for people who can't make it to a race, meaning if somebody can't make it and sends me a notice, he gets 1-2 points for the race, even if he didn't participate - if I don't get a message until one day before the race, the driver doesn't get any points.

EDIT: About the notice - it would be great if we could set up a "rule" that every regular lets us know if he can race the following week or not one day after the last race. That way, we have more time searching for replacements and making adjustments.

What I don't understand is:

Why are you complaining about actually having 4 points more than you would have if we started listing how many races each person has participated in and how many points he/she has picked up?

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

Last edited by daenius; 10-17-2010 at 10:41 PM.
daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #93
o H i T M a N z

No i dont care who replaces me, i dont want a guy who dnf's or a guy who wins, i want to be by myself and i dont want other people earning points for me. its not at all complicated, in fact its easier, i dont show up i get 0, simples.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #94
o H i T M a N z

All i ask is that it can be like the real thing?

e.g when Massa got smashed in the face last year by that massive object, his replacements Luca Badoer & Fisichello didnt earn points for him, they raced for themselves.

this year when chandhock was replaced by Yamamoto, he raced for himself, he doesnt pick up points for the drivers they replace
Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #95
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Quote:
No i dont care who replaces me, i dont want a guy who dnf's or a guy who wins, i want to be by myself and i dont want other people earning points for me. its not at all complicated, in fact its easier, i dont show up i get 0, simples.
You're forgetting one thing: it's not only about you!!!!!!

We're 12 people and each and every one of us has his own idea of how this thing should work and each and every one of us has to compromise for this thing to work.

You think it's not pissing me off that sometimes I'm getting cancellations 1 hour before the race starts? Or having to wait until 2 days before the race to finally get in everybody's preferred day?

It seems like you are not willing at all to compromise, we can't just make this change to the substitution system because YOU are happier with it, we have to ask everybody for their opinion and THEN compromise and come up with a solution that works for everybody.

I will send out a message to everybody tonight, as soon as I have enough feedback, we will talk about it, I promise you that, ok?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #96
o H i T M a N z

How on earth am i saying its only about me ???

all i ask is dont give other drivers results to me !!!

its not difficult !!!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #97
o H i T M a N z

If you want other people to race thats FINE

If you want them to fill the spaces thats FINE

I couldnt care less whether the guy wins or loses, but what i do care about is you adding other peoples points onto MY tally.

I really do not understand it, and its really stupid idea
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #98
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
If you want other people to race thats FINE

If you want them to fill the spaces thats FINE

I couldnt care less whether the guy wins or loses, but what i do care about is you adding other peoples points onto MY tally.

I really do not understand it, and its really stupid idea
Ok, I think we're getting our wires crossed here.

Please let me explain:

I am trying to come up with a solution that fits for EVERYBODY and not just for you. I wasn't trying to accuse you of being selfish, but I just want you to understand that it's about ALL of us, not just about what ONE of us wants.

Stupid idea or not - everybody has a right to vote on whether this should be our new way to go or not and that's exactly what I am doing.

If more people are pro your solution - your solution will be the one we will be using from now on (no subs, no points for no participation).

If more people are con you solution - we will be using the same substitution system we have used before or try to work towards another solution (like I mentioned earlier, maybe awarding 2 points for each person who didn't race by default).

Unless of course you DON'T CARE about other regulars getting points off their subs, e.g. both you and I have to miss a race, you get 0 points and I have a substitute that wins the race and I get 25 points.

If that's what you want, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #99
o H i T M a N z

As i have said before, if i miss a race i want 0 points, i wouldnt want the 25 if my sub happened to win.

All i ask is that the standings show me with 12 points from 1 race, which is all i have done right ?

But if someone else doesnt agree, doesnt bother me, if for example Noddee misses a race he can have a sub if he wants and he can have the points his sub gets, i just dont want to be earning points that i dont deserve.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #100
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
As i have said before, if i miss a race i want 0 points, i wouldnt want the 25 if my sub happened to win.

All i ask is that the standings show me with 12 points from 1 race, which is all i have done right ?

But if someone else doesnt agree, doesnt bother me, if for example Noddee misses a race he can have a sub if he wants and he can have the points his sub gets, i just dont want to be earning points that i dont deserve.
That's all I wanted to know, and quite frankly, care about - although I do think that, if we have more votes for keeping the sub system, it's quite unfair to you, but ok.

I just don't want it to be unfair for everybody else - that was my concern.

I'll update your points to 12.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #101
o H i T M a N z

Call me weird if you want but i cant stand getting anything i dont deserve, like if i was to somehow get the qualifying glitch and get 1st place when i dont deserve it, i would want to quit.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #102
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Had a real off-night tonight lads (Pined, Noddee, Daenius). WHen we did Australia I was left annoyed as I lost my front wing when I collided with Daenius early on (Sorry Daenius, totally my fault, completely misjudged the turn and ended up foolishly trying to pass you when I should have held back) and then I pitted, but they put options back on for some daft reason so when that xbox360worm or whatever crashed into me and barged me off the track on the pit straight I had to pit again and then just lost sight of everyone. I got another puncture just as I came round the final bend and then just waited for Pined to come cruising home as I really could not be bothered to drive around the track with a back tyre blown out.

Now Valencia. I was remaining around 2 seconds behind Pined for the first 3 or 4 laps, but then strangely, on the sweeping straights just before the final hairpin onto pit straight, by back tyre burst. I was not going over a kerb, I did not touch the wall, it just randomly burst on me. I struggled back into the pits (Which took forever because in the resulting spin out I took off my front wing completely too) and then when I was behind Daenius and he crashed out, just before that I got another puncture and had to pit again which is when I came out behind him. In the end I sort of just tried ramming Kubica and Schumacher off the road and ended up smashing on the bridge and DNF.

Oh well, can't be good all the time I guess. :P

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - Red Bull Driver #1
Click to go to x360a F1 2011 Season Website
x13radx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #103
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I know the point Hitman is trying to make, and to an extent i agree. It is simple enough to add players to fill empty spaces, but what he wants is to just have his points. Having now had a think on it, I too would like to take his stance, my points are my points. When we have a substitue player, they are just racing for themselves, as we would be if we were here at the race.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #104
Noddee 1984

Noddee 1984's Gamercard
Cant remember wot i voted for when i txt u but hitman is kinda right. i really dont care am happy ethier way wud much prefer if i didnt get any cause at least then i can say ma points are mine and the place i finish is a true rep of how good i am. so i will say wot i want done with ma points if i cant make it. that be fair.
Noddee 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #105
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

CHANGES FROM THIS WEEK ON:

1. The day for the race will now ALWAYS be Sunday.

2. A message concerning participation for the upcoming race has to be sent until TUESDAY at the latest - if I don't get a message from a member telling me if he can or can't make it, I will automatically drop him from the race and put him down for 0 points.

The reason for this is simply the fact that I do not want to wait until Friday/Saturday to get a response by some people anymore.

3. Substitutions will now race for themselves. Every point a substitute wins will not count towards the total of the regular driver the substitute raced for, but for him/herself.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #106
pined5551

Sounds good Daenius, really appriciate all your effort getting the races together
Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #107
o H i T M a N z

Cheers guys, at least there wasnt no more people calling me selfish
Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #108
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
Cheers guys, at least there wasnt no more people calling me selfish
When did I call you selfish? You really have a problem with me, don't you?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #109
o H i T M a N z

As you said in one of your previous posts, when i only stated my opinion that the current subbing system was stupid, you responded by saying "ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT YOU". Where i come from that is suggesting i am selfish.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #110
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
As you said in one of your previous posts, when i only stated my opinion that the current subbing system was stupid, you responded by saying "ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT YOU". Where i come from that is suggesting i am selfish.
That was before you said that you didn't care if anybody else has a sub. The way you pointed it out, it sounded like you wanted to change the subbing system - and since we are 12 people and you simply called the system stupid and requested we change it I had to point out to you that it's not only about you but about what all of us think.

Forget it, it's done. All water under the bridge.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #111
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Anyone else fancy a few races tonight?

Im just setting up my racing wheel (ITS FIXED!) and I should be good to go in 5-10 minutes.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #112
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by x13radx View Post
Anyone else fancy a few races tonight?

Im just setting up my racing wheel (ITS FIXED!) and I should be good to go in 5-10 minutes.
oh noez, the wheel is fixed?

well, that means you will dominate us even more in each race from now on

I'd love to do some races, although I am watching the first half of Madrid - Milan, if it's boring, I'll send you a msg on Live!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #113
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post
oh noez, the wheel is fixed?

well, that means you will dominate us even more in each race from now on

I'd love to do some races, although I am watching the first half of Madrid - Milan, if it's boring, I'll send you a msg on Live!
Haha, I hope so. My controller was sucking big time last night (Yes, it was all my controller's fault).

I am just popping out for a bit, hut will be back by 8PM so if anyone else wants to race, then just drop me a message.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #114
pined5551

Oh dear, Brad has his wheel LOL

Bit off topic but i started my season on Expert for the achievement toady with McLaren. won first two races Hope it continues like this
Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #115
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
Oh dear, Brad has his wheel LOL

Bit off topic but i started my season on Expert for the achievement toady with McLaren. won first two races Hope it continues like this
I've been forced into driving for Ferrari in my career
Old 10-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #116
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC2K6 View Post
I've been forced into driving for Ferrari in my career
Haha, if that were me id skip to race every race and wreck, thus flying through carrer in an hour and sign with Virgin again. I wonder who would make an offer in that situation. Out of principle i will never drive a Ferrari!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #117
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
OK, to clear up some things last night;

1) I DID NOT let LFC win Singapore or purposely let him overtake on Catalunya. The wire from my pedals to the steering wheel had come out so could steer out of the way while I put it back in. As for Singapore, I was having some really bad lag issues and LFC was all over the place, so to avoid collision I dropped back a little bit.

2) Those races last night were the laggiest ive ever been in to be honest, although I think it was mainly that Aitchi's guys fault because he is Welsh.

3) I quit on Valencia because as soon as we started that Kempy guy got right behind me and spun me on the first corner, then the second corner he smashed into me full force and my front right tyre burst. As I started accelerating out someone else hit into the side of me and then I ended up hitting the wall (albeit at only about 60 mpH) and my front wheel shot off.

I ended up rage quitting as you could tell, plus I didnt realise it was so late because I had to be up at 6 this morning too.

I have broke up for half-term now, so will be on till early hours tonight.

ALSO, last night I was driving without Force Feedback on my wheel because I seem to have lost the power lead. Thats why I was very very erratic, its tough to judge speed when you can turn the wheel easily. Also, as for my insane driving last night, just needed to "experiment", as I do love my insane overtaking manoevures (even if I do take out most people who I attempt them on), so sorry Daenius for Monaco.

I am never as erratic on race day's though, so don't worry about me on race day's, im much more subdued.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #118
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by x13radx View Post
3) I quit on Valencia because as soon as we started that Kempy guy got right behind me and spun me on the first corner, then the second corner he smashed into me full force and my front right tyre burst. As I started accelerating out someone else hit into the side of me and then I ended up hitting the wall (albeit at only about 60 mpH) and my front wheel shot off.
I would've done so, too. These guys were fuckfaces.

Another one of these "iKempy, iWhatever" guys got into 1st place after I pitted, and after I gained about 2 secs per lap on him, he slowed down and crashed me into the wall while I was doing 290 and of course my car was totaled.

This is exactly why I am so unbelievably grateful that we're doing our weekly races - at least with you guys I know that everybody is driving fair.

Quote:
Also, as for my insane driving last night, just needed to "experiment", as I do love my insane overtaking manoevures (even if I do take out most people who I attempt them on), so sorry Daenius for Monaco.
Haha it's cool man, I love your crazy maneuvers - even if I could smack you for them sometimes

But that's what makes you the crazy fast cat you are

Old 10-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #119
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post
Haha it's cool man, I love your crazy maneuvers - even if I could smack you for them sometimes

But that's what makes you the crazy fast cat you are
Haha, I just need to find my best overtaking zone on Monaco, and "usually" I find it is that corner, as often the driver will leave a bit of room, but you were a bit too good and cut in faster than I thought.

Up for a few more races later on, I will have my mic as well tonight, my brother was in a GameBattles match last night on Halo Reach so needed it.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #120
pined5551

My expert carrer is giving me a headache. I've never really had a problem with cars not pitting. Fucking Algusharia didnt pit in China and so i finished 3 seconds behind him and got 2nd (2nd in Malaysia too). This pissed me off to no end as i knew i wouldn't score a point in either Catalunya or Monaco. So now on to Turkey, im 8 points behind Webber and i recon i can win the next 3 races so here goes, lol.