Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #121
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
My expert carrer is giving me a headache. I've never really had a problem with cars not pitting. Fucking Algusharia didnt pit in China and so i finished 3 seconds behind him and got 2nd (2nd in Malaysia too). This pissed me off to no end as i knew i wouldn't score a point in either Catalunya or Monaco. So now on to Turkey, im 8 points behind Webber and i recon i can win the next 3 races so here goes, lol.
Yeah, I hate it when they don't pit.

I was right behind Schumacher on Australia just waiting for him to pit so I could get my first career win on Expert. With 2 laps to go he still had'nt pitted, and although I closed the gap a little, he won without pitting (I know as he started behind me on Primes, and finished on Primes).

EDIT: By the way, im online now if anyone fancies a race.

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - Red Bull Driver #1
Click to go to x360a F1 2011 Season Website
x13radx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #122
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha, if that were me id skip to race every race and wreck, thus flying through carrer in an hour and sign with Virgin again. I wonder who would make an offer in that situation. Out of principle i will never drive a Ferrari!
Believe me, I'm not happy about it!
It got to Abu Dhabi, I had an offer from Force India & Lotus. So, I planned to finish Abu Dhabi and accept Force Indias' offer. The screen came up, I moved to the contract section, rejected Lotus, then looked and there was no Force India offer any more! The only offer I had left was from Ferrari so it was either them or start again

Can't be bothered with another season on top of the 7 I'm going to do at the moment, so I'm at Ferrari until I get an offer from Renault, then I'm off to them for the remainder

Quote:
Originally Posted by x13radx View Post
OK, to clear up some things last night;

1) I DID NOT let LFC win Singapore or purposely let him overtake on Catalunya. The wire from my pedals to the steering wheel had come out so could steer out of the way while I put it back in. As for Singapore, I was having some really bad lag issues and LFC was all over the place, so to avoid collision I dropped back a little bit.

2) Those races last night were the laggiest ive ever been in to be honest, although I think it was mainly that Aitchi's guys fault because he is Welsh.

3) I quit on Valencia because as soon as we started that Kempy guy got right behind me and spun me on the first corner, then the second corner he smashed into me full force and my front right tyre burst. As I started accelerating out someone else hit into the side of me and then I ended up hitting the wall (albeit at only about 60 mpH) and my front wheel shot off.

I ended up rage quitting as you could tell, plus I didnt realise it was so late because I had to be up at 6 this morning too.

I have broke up for half-term now, so will be on till early hours tonight.

ALSO, last night I was driving without Force Feedback on my wheel because I seem to have lost the power lead. Thats why I was very very erratic, its tough to judge speed when you can turn the wheel easily. Also, as for my insane driving last night, just needed to "experiment", as I do love my insane overtaking manoevures (even if I do take out most people who I attempt them on), so sorry Daenius for Monaco.

I am never as erratic on race day's though, so don't worry about me on race day's, im much more subdued.
1) Legitimate victories FTW!
2) lol
3) Yeah, those guys ended up taking us all out 1 by 1. They were probably just helping the guy in 1st win, but it was annoying as hell. None of us finished that race.

Finally, you think using force feedback makes you faster?
Because I have the wheel and have never used it on this game, mainly due to not having a plug left in my room for it, but I could make room for it.
Do love the wheel though
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #123
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC2K6 View Post
Finally, you think using force feedback makes you faster?
Because I have the wheel and have never used it on this game, mainly due to not having a plug left in my room for it, but I could make room for it.
Do love the wheel though
Well, i've been so used to using the Force Feedback that it felt really strange to not be using it.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #124
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x13radx View Post
Well, i've been so used to using the Force Feedback that it felt really strange to not be using it.
I'm also thinking Force Feedback will shorten the lifespan of the wheel, unless I stop crashing so much!
Understeer is annoying without it though, as I can have the wheel fully turned without anything going on, on screen.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #125
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone fancy doing a 75% distance practice on China tonight? Just pack it out with AI on Pro or something if not alot of people want to.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #126
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Anyone fancy doing a 75% distance practice on China tonight? Just pack it out with AI on Pro or something if not alot of people want to.
Count me in for this, what time are you thinking?

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #127
pined5551

Half 7?? Should give me time to do Monza and Singapore in SP first. Think i may win my expert Championship this season
Old 10-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #128
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
SUre, I will be on.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #129
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
I'll be a liiiittle late, around 6.45!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #130
pined5551

so thats 7 45 for me then?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #131
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Ill be on from around 7...

Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #132
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
so thats 7 45 for me then?
Actually, I'm 1 hour ahead, so it's 7.45 for me, I just thought I'd post this in GMT from the get-go

I'm on now.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #133
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post
Actually, I'm 1 hour ahead, so it's 7.45 for me, I just thought I'd post this in GMT from the get-go

I'm on now.
I've just come on too, so invite me & pined and anyone else online into a party while I get my wheel set up.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #134
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
May be a tad late for tomorrows race.
I'm going to the Blackburn game(unfortunately) so I have no idea how fast I can get home from Anfield. Will try my best though!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #135
pined5551

Quote:
May be a tad late for tomorrows race.
I'm going to the Blackburn game(unfortunately) so I have no idea how fast I can get home from Anfield. Will try my best though!
Cheers for letting us know, im guessing 20 past 7 is the latest we'll be able to hold out for you though.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #136
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I've been meaning to ask, why do we have reduced flags? Everything else is geared towards being as realistic as possible, yet we can corner cut all day and not get a penalty... With reduced flags, there are no drive through penalties, no blue flags. Yes, it would suck if you got black flagged on the first corner, but the same could be said of totalling your car.

If this has already been discussed and decided upon, ignore this, or maybe point me in the right direction.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #137
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
I've been meaning to ask, why do we have reduced flags? Everything else is geared towards being as realistic as possible, yet we can corner cut all day and not get a penalty... With reduced flags, there are no drive through penalties, no blue flags. Yes, it would suck if you got black flagged on the first corner, but the same could be said of totalling your car.

If this has already been discussed and decided upon, ignore this, or maybe point me in the right direction.
We started out with realistic flags, but i think the majority decision was that the game is too sensitive, and they're given to the wrong people, if someone goes into the back of me due to a botched overtake attempt, i get the penalty for a caused collision. It got silly, dozens of drive throughs and many time penalties, many of which would not have been issued in real life. With reduced, you still get drive throughs as DSQ for cutting corners if its excessive or repeated, but it's a bit more lienient and more enjoyable.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #138
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
We started out with realistic flags, but i think the majority decision was that the game is too sensitive, and they're given to the wrong people, if someone goes into the back of me due to a botched overtake attempt, i get the penalty for a caused collision. It got silly, dozens of drive throughs and many time penalties, many of which would not have been issued in real life. With reduced, you still get drive throughs as DSQ for cutting corners if its excessive or repeated, but it's a bit more lienient and more enjoyable.
Exactly.

In terms of corner cutting it tolerates more, but just like Pined said - at the end of the day, realistic flags do more harm than good.

Same with a yellow flag when a crash happens with a "no overtaking" and you're like a second behind the crash can't brake on time and get a penalty.

By the way - ohsheeeet, it's raining in South Korea, this GP is going to be insane!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #139
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Anyone else watching?
Race will start behind the safety car as the rain is quite heavy now.
1st few laps will be very interesting!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #140
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Finally underway and Webber & Rosberg out. This is the best thing that can happen for a close championship race. All is needed now is Alonso 1st, Vettel 2nd, Hamilton 3rd and things will be very interesting!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #141
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Vettel out too now! What did I say? Alonso has all the momentum now, Hamilton making a big move this race too.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #142
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Ridiculous race, I was praying for Alonso to make a mistake until the end...

Nothing's done yet, Vettel and Webber still have a chance.

Did you see the intermediates at the end of the race? There was no profile whatsoever left, unbelievable...

Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #143
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
Ridiculous race, I was praying for Alonso to make a mistake until the end...

Nothing's done yet, Vettel and Webber still have a chance.

Did you see the intermediates at the end of the race? There was no profile whatsoever left, unbelievable...
The tyres were basically bald, no wonder there were so many DNF!

This put Vettel basically out of the running, with only 2 races left they have to now favour Webber for any chance of catching Alonso.
The driver to watch now will probably be Button, he will still be fast enough to cause a problem for all in the hunt. It will be interesting to see how Mclaren use him.

Very good race though.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #144
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
The tyres were basically bald, no wonder there were so many DNF!

This put Vettel basically out of the running, with only 2 races left they have to now favour Webber for any chance of catching Alonso.
The driver to watch now will probably be Button, he will still be fast enough to cause a problem for all in the hunt. It will be interesting to see how Mclaren use him.

Very good race though.
I don't think anyone is out of the running, at least for Sao Paolo.

If Webber wins it like last year and Vettel stays behind Alonso, then they'll have to go with Webber for the last race - but there's no reason for anybody to put it to rest yet.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #145
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't think anyone is out of the running, at least for Sao Paolo.

If Webber wins it like last year and Vettel stays behind Alonso, then they'll have to go with Webber for the last race - but there's no reason for anybody to put it to rest yet.
Mathematically no, but realistically there's only 3 drivers who can win it.
Though I doubt Vettel will yield to Webber at all. Which will be interesting if it comes to Vettel getting pole again
Old 10-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #146
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It seems a 3 horse race now between Alonso Webber & Hamilton.

Vettel and Button are'nt mathematically out, but realistically they are. It would take more DNF's from the others for these two to win.
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #147
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

You can't be talking about realistically when there's still a possibility to be champion for both Vettel and Hamilton.

There's no such thing as "realistically" in F1. All it takes is a botched pit stop for Alonso (just like what happened today) and a no-points finish, a win by Vettel and he is back in the hunt.

Of course the possibility of being world champion is much smaller for Vettel and Hamilton, but who knew that Vettel would lose 4 cylinders of his motor, Red Bull had the most resilient car all season long and they still had a motor malfunction.

Anything can happen.

Now if this would've happened in Sao Paolo and there was only 1 race to go, I would see this differently, but I just think that you can't jump to any conclusions yet.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #148
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
You can't be talking about realistically when there's still a possibility to be champion for both Vettel and Hamilton.
To be honest it is unrealistic to say that next week Hamilton, Alonso & Webber will DNF, and Vettel or Button will win it.
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #149
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:

There's no such thing as "realistically" in F1. All it takes is a botched pit stop for Alonso (just like what happened today) and a no-points finish, a win by Vettel and he is back in the hunt.

Of course the possibility of being world champion is much smaller for Vettel and Hamilton, but who knew that Vettel would lose 4 cylinders of his motor, Red Bull had the most resilient car all season long and they still had a motor malfunction.

Anything can happen.

Now if this would've happened in Sao Paolo and there was only 1 race to go, I would see this differently, but I just think that you can't jump to any conclusions yet.
Unless Alonso gets a DNF, I don't see button or Vettel winning. With only 2 races left you have to choose your driver and push him. Ferrari did a long time ago, Mclaren will do for Brazil. The key issue is red bull.

Vettel is clearly the fastest man in F1 right now, but is 14 points down on webber. While a red bull 1-2 the next 2 races will win them the title, I'm pretty sure they will take each other off the track in pushing for the win.

The other 2 have a team mate to support them, however in red bull the team mate is now an enemy. This is why I think Vettel is out of it, the team should help push Webber forward as he has the most points. But Vettel seems to have an "I'm either going to win or take you out" attitude. I do like this but I think it will cost him
Old 10-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #150
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by o H i T M a N z View Post
To be honest it is unrealistic to say that next week Hamilton, Alonso & Webber will DNF, and Vettel or Button will win it.
Why is it unrealistic to say that Vettel can win the race? He would have won today if it wasn't for his motor malfunction and additionally, Red Bull won Sao Paolo last year, so if the car holds up both Webber and Vettel have a realistic shot at winning the race.

And why are you talking about HAM/ALO and WEB DNFing? Points are only awarded until 10th place, so like I said, all that it takes is a botched pit stop, motor malfunction or whatever for each of these guys and the championship is wide open again.

If Vettel wins next week and Alonso finishes 4th, he is within 12 points of Alonso.

Quote:

Vettel is clearly the fastest man in F1 right now, but is 14 points down on webber. While a red bull 1-2 the next 2 races will win them the title, I'm pretty sure they will take each other off the track in pushing for the win.

The other 2 have a team mate to support them, however in red bull the team mate is now an enemy. This is why I think Vettel is out of it, the team should help push Webber forward as he has the most points. But Vettel seems to have an "I'm either going to win or take you out" attitude. I do like this but I think it will cost him
Not even Red Bull is that stupid