PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Pacificus X

Pacificus X's Gamercard
When did MW2 beat YOU?

When did people stop playing MW2 because of its Major flaws but if your still playing what has kept you soldiering on?

Last edited by Pacificus X; 10-05-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Pacificus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificus X View Post
When did people stop playing MW2 because of its Major flaws but if your still laying what has kept you soldiering on?
i know there are some major flaws but i have avoided most of them by playing team death match. It seems like the other playlists are worse for boosting, glitching, and modding. the other thing i have done is not download the map packs. The rock in fuel isnt glitched if i dont have the map. As far as the game itself, prestiging has kept me into the game. Just as i start to get bored i am about to prestige. then it is a new challenge starting back over and getting to use new guns. Overall i still have alot of fun playing the game, however i complete understand the frustrations with the game.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
FriXionX

FriXionX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
i know there are some major flaws but i have avoided most of them by playing team death match. It seems like the other playlists are worse for boosting, glitching, and modding. the other thing i have done is not download the map packs. The rock in fuel isnt glitched if i dont have the map. As far as the game itself, prestiging has kept me into the game. Just as i start to get bored i am about to prestige. then it is a new challenge starting back over and getting to use new guns. Overall i still have alot of fun playing the game, however i complete understand the frustrations with the game.
The rock isnt glitched anyway >.>
Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Andrewken

Andrewken's Gamercard
Err bought Reach and the last time I played it was on the 24th. I don't know whether it was due to the lack of people/friends to play with or something. Also I like the fast arcade style of this game that and the fact I can quit out of a match at any time and find a new lobby fairly quickly.

It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be if I'm honest.
Andrewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It put me off the first time i got killed with Models...before the patch -____- lmfao but i still play occasionally just because some friends play and the unlocks...i dont care about kd or even doing good in that game as i did in cod4. In this game air support does all the damn work so there is just no point in caring..once someone has harriers and chopper gunners in the air its best to just stay indoors...however thats not what i want to do in a mp game...i would rather be going and playing the game then hiding from an overpowered kill streak. The only things that really killed this game for me where...glitches/mods, all the killstreaks(they should have just left it like cod4), the fact that perks go pro(if you have pro on all 3 your basically running 6 perks -___-), balancing issues..to me this game is just something to pass time..i dont play it to be good or anything like that..hell i dont even have fun...its just there...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #6
Hamburgerous

Hamburgerous's Gamercard

I stopped playing maybe 2 months ago but I'm not the usual "I stopped playing this game so now I hate it" douche. I stopped playing because after something like 16 days played I just felt I'd got all I could out of it and Reach was coming out and my friends were all there so seemed like an easy decision.

I still love MW2, but our time together has been enough. The game didn't break me. There are flaws but the people that bitch about them are normally whinny assholes who blow everything out of all proportion. In my long tenure as a MW2 player I could probably count on my fingers the number of times I've played with hackers. Considering what I've always said: "EVERY SINGLE FUCKING BIG GAME FROM NOW ON WILL BE HACKED" (check the Reach forum) there really isn't that big a problem, considering it's a problem with online gaming and not MW2.

"But Hamburgerous, Treyarch said they'll deal with hackers" . . .

Wake up, Bungie said the same thing and they've always been very involved with the community and handing out bans and these things still go on. They went on in MW2, they go on in Reach and they will sure as hell go on in Black Ops. MW2 broke you? prepare for more of the same.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:39 AM   #7
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

It's a great game but all the hackers have brought the game down and it now is to the point of ruining everyone else's experience...

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #8
achievementjockey

sh00tdabunny's Gamercard
Still soldiering on. I mainly play FFA. There isn't any tubing, which is good. Its a great game at its core. A few months after Black Ops, I will be coming back to mw2. It will be good because all the scrubs will be playing black ops.
achievementjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I stop playing around a month ago. People in general, around 3 or 4 months of the games release.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
Old_Ben

Benny Webb's Gamercard
I'm still playing with one of my mates, and I just want my first nuke. One day... one day
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
oldskoolforever

oldskoolforever's Gamercard
I still play, but not every night anymore since making 10th 70. Still mainly play FFA, as i find objective games are a waste of time without an organised team.

Its still a great game IMO, theres nothing better to waste an hour with by going and having a laugh with different weapons, picking people off who think they are hidden and so on.
oldskoolforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
jtr1gg3r

KiNG TUBZ zZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I packed it in a good 3 months ago, I still occasionally play it. But I just cant stand how boring it gets, at least with WaW you can fall back onto the zombie mode.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

I took a break from it because every time I played it I would rage quit. I was getting fed up of people killing me with one shot to the leg after I'd emptied an entire clip into their head.

But I started playing it again a few days ago, tried a different game mode (Team Tactical) and I'm really into it. In fact I reached level 70 and decided to Prestige. It some how makes the game feel fresh again, and it's a bit more of a challenge with less weapons and perks etc.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Im gonna get 10th currently 8th 55.
As for game modes team tac with 3 friends is fucking awesome, been raping most of the night

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
MopFlop

MopFlop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I carried on playing it till Reach came out, then i completes it on legendary and went on freshers week for 2 weeks, only just got back onto my xbox however depending on what black ops will be like and how long it takes me to get to Lt.Col on Reach will depend on when i play it again.
Also i never seem to hit/have any problems with all these "major flaws" in the game, as there was such a variety that all you needed to do was adapt and change. If anything a flaw is all the players who can only play a certain with a certain gun/perk combo
MopFlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgerous View Post
I stopped playing maybe 2 months ago but I'm not the usual "I stopped playing this game so now I hate it" douche. I stopped playing because after something like 16 days played I just felt I'd got all I could out of it and Reach was coming out and my friends were all there so seemed like an easy decision.

I still love MW2, but our time together has been enough. The game didn't break me. There are flaws but the people that bitch about them are normally whinny assholes who blow everything out of all proportion. In my long tenure as a MW2 player I could probably count on my fingers the number of times I've played with hackers. Considering what I've always said: "EVERY SINGLE FUCKING BIG GAME FROM NOW ON WILL BE HACKED" (check the Reach forum) there really isn't that big a problem, considering it's a problem with online gaming and not MW2.

"But Hamburgerous, Treyarch said they'll deal with hackers" . . .

Wake up, Bungie said the same thing and they've always been very involved with the community and handing out bans and these things still go on. They went on in MW2, they go on in Reach and they will sure as hell go on in Black Ops. MW2 broke you? prepare for more of the same.
Pretty much every game will have some form of mod/hack one way to stop All the hacking/modding would be to disable online in the next freeboot or game makers could just encrypt the xexs better
Theater mode may cut it down but i wont stop it I bet on sites like se7sins
There groups already getting tougher to find glitches in black ops and its not even out yet which is just sad ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriXionX View Post
The rock isnt glitched anyway >.>
Have they fixed the rock glitch then I seen two tac boosters in there just last Week I had a update for mw2 which seemed to do feck all I assumed it was
Due to me somehow clearing my cache ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn201 View Post
Have they fixed the rock glitch then I seen two tac boosters in there just last Week I had a update for mw2 which seemed to do feck all I assumed it was
as far as i know it hasnt been fixed. i was away for a couple weeks but i didnt get an update when i logged in.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #19
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn201 View Post
I had an update about a week ago as well, but couldn't remember if I cleared cache or not. I tested OMA tubes, and still got unlimited, so just presumed I must have cleared it, but I could not, for the sake of me, remember doing it.

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

i NatrlKilla i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #20
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by i NatrlKilla i View Post
I had an update about a week ago as well, but couldn't remember if I cleared cache or not. I tested OMA tubes, and still got unlimited, so just presumed I must have cleared it, but I could not, for the sake of me, remember doing it.
that is really strange. i havent had to update mw2 in ages. Can you still get in the rock. it might be that. I dont have the new map pack so maybe that is why i didnt get the update. whoever has fuel should test it and see.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #21
dja1066

Quote:
that is really strange. i havent had to update mw2 in ages. Can you still get in the rock. it might be that. I dont have the new map pack so maybe that is why i didnt get the update. whoever has fuel should test it and see.
the rock glitch still works, i got killed earlier on TD the person was in the rock
dja1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #22
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

becuase its fun, who cares about k/d.. i jus enjoy runnin around killin people.. even if im 1-50.. i still have fun.. thats the whole point of video games, to have fun.. but alot of people have forgotten how to do that..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja1066 View Post
the rock glitch still works, i got killed earlier on TD the person was in the rock
thats what i figured. i doubted there was any real updates with the game. thanks for clarifying.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #24
GoWisfun

Efilnikufesin18's Gamercard
I stopped for months mainly due to how shite the community is, the flaws don't bother me as much as the awful players ruining the community because they can't aim for a second or two for a kill ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
becuase its fun, who cares about k/d.. i jus enjoy runnin around killin people.. even if im 1-50.. i still have fun.. thats the whole point of video games, to have fun.. but alot of people have forgotten how to do that..
Yeah you're right, I forgot it's fun being spammed with noobtubes and shit kids with commando thinking they're good ... thanks for reminding me how much FUN that is ... K/D has nothing to do with it, it's the fucking community ruining it for others because they're shit / idea of fun is being a complete cunt ... OMA and Commando wtf were IW ever thinking ... CoD4 + New guns & Maps and this would've lived upto the hype ...

I make montages, upload gameplay and fails ..
GoWisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:01 AM   #25
DarkAssassin13

Honestly I use to be addicted to it but I stopped about 2 months ago when it seemed to lag more than it use to plus I wanted to play some other new games
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 AM   #26
LaZeR X137

LaZeR X137's Gamercard
imo its by far the best mp game out there. yes it has its flaws and i really hate people who abuse them. but i love the pace of the game and i find nothing more satisfying than dominate in this game.

i recently bought reach and its a nice game, but the mp with its sluggish action & controls and the old school gameplay really doesn't do the magic for me.
LaZeR X137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #27
oldskoolforever

oldskoolforever's Gamercard
Quote:
thats what i figured. i doubted there was any real updates with the game. thanks for clarifying.
yeah can confirm as well that no update came out at all, so OMA+Noob tube is still working fine if thats your choice. Suspect it will never be patched now to be honest, people have moved on or deal with it.
oldskoolforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #28
MeowZaK
Banned User

Send a message via Skype™ to MeowZaK

Meoww Its Zakky's Gamercard
As soon as Reach came out.
MeowZaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #29
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard