PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > The Sacrifice
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Left 4 Dead "The Sacrifice" DLC Achievement Guide

Overview
--Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
--Offline: 4 (200)
--Online: 1 (50)
--Approximate time: 1/2 Hour(s)
--Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 or 3
--Number of missable achievements: None.
--Glitched achievements: Nearly all of them.
--Cheats: No cheats.

WARNING!
According to one user these achievements have a less likely chance of unlocking unless you are playing on a "Local Server" so I strongly suggest playing on that selected server or else you may not get your achievements.

Supreme Sacrifice - 50
Complete "The Sacrifice".

See "Kill Bill" for more info.

Kill Bill - 50
Have Bill sacrifice himself for the team.

After activating the three generators and making it to the end, a small gap will be opened to you and you'll be able to climb onto the bridge. The generator closest to you will shut down and one of you will have to sacrifice yourselves for the team. Simply have the person playing as Bill jump down and sacrifice himself. The entire team should get "Supreme Sacrifice" but for some reason the Kill Bill achievement is kind of glitchy where sometimes the entire team will get the Kill Bill achievement but other times only the Bill player will get the achievement. This video should help you with the achievement, though.

P.S: If you're worried Bill will get killed before activating the generator, there is a turret on the bottom-right side of the bridge area after you activate the bridge that takes out zombies and tanks much quicker, and this generator will activate in less then a second, so don't worry about being attacked as much.
Barrel Rolled - 50
Kill a Special Infected with an exploding barrel.

Throughout the campaign you will find a series of white explosive barrels that will blow up first then will send a wave of flames, find any special infected running around (I personally suggest the Boomer due to his low health) and blow up the barrel. The achievement should pop after the enemy is killed.

Chaos Generator - 50
Have all 3 generators running at once in "The Sacrifice" finale.

You will need at least two extra players for this. Once you reach the finale, there will be three generators, which you must activate to open the path to the bridge, get yourself and two extra players at the generators and make sure there are no special infected, once you are all ready, have yourself and the two extra players activate the generators, after all three generators are activated, the achievement will unlock for everyone.

P.S: Like before, none of the zombies hitting you will stop you from activating the generators, just be careful that no special infected pounce, drag or hit you away from it as it will stop the generator.

Sacrifizzle - 50

As a Special Infected, incap someone who is trying to sacrifice themselves.

*This can only be done in versus mode*

At the very end of The Sacrifice in which someone is running out to sacrifice themselves you must incap them by either jumping onto them, pulling them with your tongue, or punching them to death as a Tank. I strongly suggest using the smoker as you have a better chance of killing the sacrificer that way, but no matter who you use, as long as the sacrificer is incapped, your achievement will unlock.

P.S: According to a lot of people, this achievement is heavily bugged so it may take you multiple tries to get this if at all.

(NOTICE: The achievement has been patched, but I still am getting messages about it being glitchy, so this may take multiple attempts to unlock.)

Last edited by RENCAMO; 03-20-2011 at 11:43 PM.
RENCAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I have a question about the "Kill Bill" achievement. Does a human character need to play as him, or can you make the AI sacrifice themselves?

Thanks.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
Monstor

King Chizzy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do you make a guide for something that isn't even released?

74th Person on TrueAchievements to get 1250 in Rock Band 3
Monstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Inebriated Jedi

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstor View Post
How do you make a guide for something that isn't even released?
He could have played it on Steam. They got it a few hours ago.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Monstor

King Chizzy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Just looked at his gamercard, doesn't have a single new achievement

74th Person on TrueAchievements to get 1250 in Rock Band 3
Monstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
GamingEconomist
Banned User

GamingEconomist's Gamercard
Quote:
And? Who cares? His Guide sounds plausible and legit
GamingEconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I have a question about the "Kill Bill" achievement. Does a human character need to play as him, or can you make the AI sacrifice themselves?

Thanks.
The AI will not sacrifice themselves, I did the Kill Bill achievement simply by playing as Bill in single-player, so I recommend that the most. Hope I helped.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #8
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
this guide is nothing but speculation, its not released yet and he did not play it on PC
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
I played The Sacrifice via Steam (on the PC) not the 360 version as it hasn't been released yet, so no, I don't have any of the achievements on my gamer-card as Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are not Windows Live games, however if you add me as a friend on Steam which is my same username on here I have already earned 2/5 of the achievements.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
Inebriated Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENCAMO View Post
The AI will not sacrifice themselves, I did the Kill Bill achievement simply by playing as Bill in single-player, so I recommend that the most. Hope I helped.
Good to know, thanks. I guess I'll be playing as Bill when I play this later tonight then.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #11
Bobbe

Spongebobbe's Gamercard
can you get the full 250 by yourself in split screen or you need to play it on xbl with other players?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #12
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
can you get the full 250 by yourself in split screen or you need to play it on xbl with other players?
Not sure. You could get "Jumpin' Jack Smash" and others in split-screen so maybe.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #13
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Offline:4

Online:1

Should be how it is.

Or Offline:5, are you 100% sure that you cant get Chaos Generator all by yourself?

2nd on X360a's leaderboards to get 1000 on CoD:Black Ops!!
1st on X360a's leaderboards to get 1450 on CoD:Black Ops!!
1st on X360a's leaderboards to get 1405 on
Fallout: New Vegas!!

Hard work beats talent when talent stops working hard.
-Thanks to Noz for the awesome-sauce signature and avatar!!

Last edited by NewSparta; 10-06-2010 at 01:36 AM.
NewSparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #14
justinman114

Justinman114's Gamercard
this guide is a joke. you haven't even played it dude. how could you know how the kill bill achievement unlocks? i would assume it would unlock for everyone, but who even knows yet. i hope someone writes a better one and it gets sticky'd.
justinman114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #15
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinman114 View Post
this guide is a joke. you haven't even played it dude. how could you know how the kill bill achievement unlocks? i would assume it would unlock for everyone, but who even knows yet. i hope someone writes a better one and it gets sticky'd.
Way to not read the posts. The Sacrifice was released on PC today and he based this guide on his playthrough on the PC.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #16
mitsubishi

Quote:
geez man, have you not read any posts in this thread??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENCAMO View Post
I played The Sacrifice via Steam (on the PC) not the 360 version as it hasn't been released yet, so no, I don't have any of the achievements on my gamer-card as Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are not Windows Live games, however if you add me as a friend on Steam which is my same username on here I have already earned 2/5 of the achievements.

Last edited by mitsubishi; 10-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.
mitsubishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #17
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...09&postcount=9

Quote:

You know what's NOT a joke though? Literacy.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #18
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSparta View Post
Offline:4

Online:1

Should be how it is.

Or Offline:5, are you 100% sure that you cant get Chaos Generator all by yourself?
Yeah, I screwed up on that one, thanks.

And yes, I tried to do Chaos Generator on my own and I activated all the generators on my own but I didn't get an achievement. It may of been a glitch, however. Thanks again for the fix on the guide.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #19
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Another update will be going on in probably a half an hour for Chaos Generator and Kill Bill. Hoping to have this fully completed by tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for any delays, guys.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #20
Sicko19

Ii C y K 0 iI's Gamercard
Lol.
Great Guide

That incap someone trying to sac themselves will be tricky

Sicko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Jeez what is this a witch hunt?!

Whatever happened to just thanking someone when they put a guide up rather than...

"Ive checked your gamercard & you haven't even played the game" when nearly 99% of people on here know the game was released on the PC hours (& now days before the xbox version). Some people!
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #22
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Can barrel rolled be earned with a second controller playing as the special infected or does it need to be done against AI special infected?

Also good guide. Shame not everyone here knows that the DLC is out on Steam already...

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #23
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany Show View Post
Can barrel rolled be earned with a second controller playing as the special infected or does it need to be done against AI special infected?

Also good guide. Shame not everyone here knows that the DLC is out on Steam already...
You could do that with achievements like "Jumpin' Jack Smash" from the Crash Course DLC so yeah, probably.

Also, thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #24
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
okay i played as bill and i dinīt get achievements but the one i played with got it????
and i incapited the one who sacrifies and dindīt get that eiter
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoenx View Post
okay i played as bill and i dinīt get achievements but the one i played with got it????
and i incapited the one who sacrifies and dindīt get that eiter
Hm... you may of gotten a glitched achievement. All I can really recommend is restarting your console and trying again.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
DonnyRoversFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
I had to replay a 2nd time to get the Kill Bill achievement, first time round i got the complete the sacrifice achievement so im assuming it wouldn't let unlock both which is a bit strange.

Tried going for the versus achievement with my 2nd control pad but had no luck. Need 2 other people to try for the chaos generator achievement. Also tried shooting a barrel next to a special infected and got nothing when done with a 2nd control pad so i guess it has to be done in single player.
DonnyRoversFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #27
Jamoo 1

Jamoo 1's Gamercard

Heres the colored achievement pictures.

"So long sentiment it doesn't matter now."- So Long Sentiment
"Sing Hallelujah because you can't change anything."- Blackstar
Jamoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
padraiglovesyou

Padraigx's Gamercard
Anyone else achievements being glitchy?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #29
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyRoversFal View Post
I had to replay a 2nd time to get the Kill Bill achievement, first time round i got the complete the sacrifice achievement so im assuming it wouldn't let unlock both which is a bit strange.
Odd, I played both games, and got both those cheeves on one play through as Bill.

I blew the SHIT out of a Hunter with a barrel and nothing.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #30
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoo 1 View Post

Heres the colored achievement pictures.
the guide creator used the images on the site like they should. when x360a updates the images they will be updated here as well