PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > The Sacrifice
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #31
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoo 1 View Post

Heres the colored achievement pictures.
Thanks! I'll update it in a few minutes.
RENCAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #32
padraiglovesyou

Padraigx's Gamercard
I've completed this 4 times now twice I played as Bill & sacrificed myself the two other times other people did it & sacrificed themselves. I haven't got the achievement "Kill Bill" we've also got the three generators running at the exact same time all 4 times and nothing Anyone else having these problems?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #33
sorojam85

I A3ON I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by padraiglovesyou View Post
I've completed this 4 times now twice I played as Bill & sacrificed myself the two other times other people did it & sacrificed themselves. I haven't got the achievement "Kill Bill" we've also got the three generators running at the exact same time all 4 times and nothing Anyone else having these problems?
yep it's not just you. although left for dead 2 seems to be working fine according to my friend.
sorojam85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #34
Outbreaker XXXX

RPD PREDATOR's Gamercard
The Sacrifice A.k.a Crash Course = Buggy as Fuck! every achievement is glitching and why am i getting 6 tanks spawn when i have to restart the generator? fucking tough even on easy lol
Old 10-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #35
BrownMan

Send a message via AIM to BrownMan Send a message via MSN to BrownMan

BrownMan's Gamercard
Just tried getting "Barrel Rolled" in split screen versus and no luck.

I got my second controller to 10 health, shot the barrel next to him, it exploded and no achievement =(

BrownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
x1979DarkKnight

x1979DarkKnight's Gamercard
I have unlocked Supreme Sacrifice,Kill Bill and Barrel Rolled but can't unlock the other two,and I unlocked the Barrel Rolled achievement in Versus via System Link using a second controller.
x1979DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
BrownMan

BrownMan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1979DarkKnight View Post
I have unlocked Supreme Sacrifice,Kill Bill and Barrel Rolled but can't unlock the other two,and I unlocked the Barrel Rolled achievement in Versus via System Link using a second controller.
Can confirm it works i just did it =D

I'm gonna try this with Sacrifizzle

Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #38
Seoulcrusher

Seoulcrusher's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1979DarkKnight View Post
I unlocked it this way too, and I didn't even kill the special infected in the blast... the achievement popped after he burned to death in the fire
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #39
BrownMan

BrownMan's Gamercard
Just tried Chaos Generator with a friend and his guest, we all triggered the generators at the same time but still no achievement

Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #40
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Getting Kill Bill shouldn't require playing all three levels should it? I know I just did it because the subtitles were on and Louis said "You saved us!"
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #41
papoose

elementj08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah barrel rolled definitely not working for me
EDIT: i was able to get it if i used a local server (pressing A really fast to start the match) like i had to do with crash course

Last edited by papoose; 10-06-2010 at 06:30 PM.
papoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #42
tF SKULL

Send a message via ICQ to tF SKULL

RHDxSKULLxFAQ's Gamercard
if you play left 4 dead 2 do the achievements unlock for the first game

tF SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #43
Skaos

Skaos V2's Gamercard
Barrel Rolled works fine in System Link split screen, just takes a second to pop up after the barrel has died down. I shot a Boomer until it was 9 health then stood next to the barrels in the warehouse (On Stage 2) and let Zoey shoot them. It worked fine for me and a friend.

Kill Bill didn't work for me until I did it on SINGLE player. I was Bill and ran for the generator and it unlocked fine. Didn't work with a friend, but maybe thats the glitchy nature of it. Am currently looking for boosting partners for Generator and Sacrifizzle.

Check the trading thread for details.

CURRENTLY BOOSTING
Resident Evil 6,Saints Row 2

If interested in boosting the above, send me a PM on Xbox Live.
Skaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #44
MFK1138

Just want to add my 2 cents to this guide, since I was trying all day in BOTH games today (L4D and L4D2), and because this site (and its users) have helped me so much in the past...

Supreme Sacrifice - 50
Complete "The Sacrifice".

L4D: This unlocked for me just playing single player. First time, I played as Zoey, "sacrificed" myself and the achievement popped. It DID NOT unlock for a friend, when I played online later (she didn't have the achivement yet), so we did the "Local Server" method and it unlocked for her no problem.

L4D2: I played together with two friends, one of them played as Bill. He "sacrificed" himself in the end and each one of us got this achievement AND "Kill Bill" when the credits rolled. We did set the game to "local server" though which you can conveniently choose when setting up the campaign.

Kill Bill - 50
Have Bill sacrifice himself for the team.

L4D: After I beat "The Sacrifice" single player as Zoey (and getting the "Supreme Sacrifice" achievement, I just loaded up Chapter 3 of the DLC again, this time playing as Bill. I "sacrificed" myself and the achievement popped, no problem.
Didn't pop for my friend at all when playing online at first, then we started a new game using the "Local Server" method, played through all three chapters again. She played as Bill, and it unlocked for her no problem (along with "Supreme Sacrifice").

L4D2: I played together with two friends, one of them played as Bill. He "sacrificed" himself in the end and each one of us got this achievement AND "Supreme Sacrifice" when the credits rolled. We did set the game to "local server" though which you can conveniently choose when setting up the campaign.

Barrel Rolled - 50
Kill a Special Infected with an exploding barrel.

L4D: Tried this in "Versus" with friends... didn't unlock at first, though we thought we did everything right. Using the "Local Server" method, it unlocked just fine.

L4D2: "Versus" on Local Server, which you can choose in the set-up. Again no problem.

General observation: It's not the blast of the barrel that has to kill the Special Infected, it's the fire. Did this with two friends in both games. We took turns and the achievement always unlocked when someone as Special Infected got killed by the flames, not the explosion.

Chaos Generator - 50
Have all 3 generators running at once in "The Sacrifice" finale.

L4D: This ONLY worked using the "Local Server" method... but then it unlocked without a problem for all three players.

L4D2: Played on "Local Server", no problem unlocking at all.

General observation: Since it was three of us, we made sure that every single player would start one of the generators at the same time. I doubt the timing is important, I even doubt it matters if the generators are turned on by the same player or not.

Sacrifizzle - 50

As a Special Infected, incap someone who is trying to sacrifice themselves.

*This can only be done in versus mode*

Alright, the tricky one: I don't have this yet, neither do my friends. We tried A LOT of things:

L4D: Tried "Local Server" method, even tried without it. Tried incapping a Survivor right on the street (on the way to the generator), in the area of the generator, and WHILE restarting the generator. No achievement. There are some factors to consider though. The Guide tells you to use a Smoker or Hunter, but if you play with a few people (we were three), no matter how you do it, you ALWAYS end up being a Tank when the time comes for one of the Survivors to sacrifice himself. Incapping won't work first try and there are so many Common Infected running around that quite possibly we just didn't get the timing right (i.e. the Survivor was, in the end, incapped by a Common Infected). Sure, we used pipe bombs to make sure it's just "Survivor vs. Special Infected" (both players) at the generator in the end, but it NEVER worked.

I'm pretty sure that "Local Server" is a must here, but I have no clue on where to strike and how to strike.

L4D2: Same as in L4D. This is just way harder because of all the AI Special Infected. Again "Local Server" seems to be a Must, but I'm really hoping someone on this forum will be able to shed some light on how to get this achievement.

And because people have been asking about this "Local Server" method in L4D... There are a couple of threads about this on this site. I personally found that it makes a difference if you invite other players to your lobby (less chance of Xbox freezing while spamming the A button) vs. having other players join your lobby (Xbox froze). During our many attempts today it worked every 2 out of 3 tries. And we always set the Lobby to "Friends Only"... if that makes a difference.

I also want to add that I'm convinced most of those achievements work with System Link just as well. Heck, enough people have already proven that it does. I'm just pointing out what worked for me and how.

Now... "Sacrifizzle"... that seems to be a whole other story... and in L4D2... omg!

Last edited by MFK1138; 10-06-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: update
MFK1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #45
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFK1138 View Post
Just want to add my 2 cents to this guide, since I was trying all day in BOTH games today (L4D and L4D2), and because this site (and its users) have helped me so much in the past...
Wow. I just read your post and the posts above you, holy Christ, I didn't know about how almost every single achievement is glitched. Thanks again for your two cents. I'll update the guide now...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #46
MFK1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENCAMO View Post
Wow. I just read your post and the posts above you, holy Christ, I didn't know about how almost every single achievement is glitched. Thanks again for your two cents. I'll update the guide now...
Thank YOU!

I liked your guide and everything, just noticed that when some of the Achievements didn't pop this might be another case of "Crash Course" where the Local Server trick (or System Link) worked like a charm.

"Sacrifizzle", however, seems to be giving people A LOT of problems... a decent strategy on how to obtain this (in both games) would be wonderful! And I don't mean it being glitched... just how to get it to unlock. There's a whole other thread about this achievement alone and people keep bringing their own versions of "tried this, tried that", but all unsuccessful so far, it seems...

And about your "estimated difficulty 2/10"... you might want to bump that up just for "Sacrifizzle"... seriously!

Anyways, glad I could help!
MFK1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #47
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Thank YOU!

I liked your guide and everything, just noticed that when some of the Achievements didn't pop this might be another case of "Crash Course" where the Local Server trick (or System Link) worked like a charm.

"Sacrifizzle", however, seems to be giving people A LOT of problems... a decent strategy on how to obtain this (in both games) would be wonderful! And I don't mean it being glitched... just how to get it to unlock. There's a whole other thread about this achievement alone and people keep bringing their own versions of "tried this, tried that", but all unsuccessful so far, it seems...

And about your "estimated difficulty 2/10"... you might want to bump that up just for "Sacrifizzle"... seriously!

Anyways, glad I could help!
Yeah, I didn't know Sacrifizzle was such a glitched achievement, sorry about that again. Also I just updated it a few minutes ago, it's at 6/10 now.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #48
Outbreaker XXXX

RPD PREDATOR's Gamercard
Hey OP you might want to add this to the guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=264469

this is how you unlock the achievements oh and change the difficulty to 9/10 cos Sacrifizzle is unobtainable in everyway until valve patch the game
Old 10-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #49
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbreaker XXXX View Post
Hey OP you might want to add this to the guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=264469

this is how you unlock the achievements oh and change the difficulty to 9/10 cos Sacrifizzle is unobtainable in everyway until valve patch the game
Why would I do that? It'd probably just confuse the readers rather then to warn them on how Sacrifizzle is impossible.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #50
konoha spirit

Konoha Spirit's Gamercard
incredible, another glitched achievement...

By the way thanks for the guide.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #51
chriscutis

Breadly Weapon's Gamercard
The Sacrifizzle is achievable in L4D2 without too much trouble, still no news on how to do it in L4D1.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #52
Outbreaker XXXX

RPD PREDATOR's Gamercard
No results yet guys but i will be spending some more time today trying to achieve this achievement
Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #53
synjin savant2

Synjin Savant2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
He could have played it on Steam. They got it a few hours ago.
...and as we can now see, that makes it a useless, irrelevant and misleading guide because there are very different challenges for the xbox achievements. People should absolutely refrain from writing guides before they have unlocked achievements on the system they are writing for.
synjin savant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #54
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin savant2 View Post
...and as we can now see, that makes it a useless, irrelevant and misleading guide because there are very different challenges for the xbox achievements. People should absolutely refrain from writing guides before they have unlocked achievements on the system they are writing for.
no, valve wouldn't make gameplay different on different systems *COUGHCOUGHPORTAL*
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #55
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin savant2 View Post
lolwut?

How are the challenges different from PC and 360? It's the same game, same achievements, only difference being that I played the game on the PC rather then the 360 as the 360 ripped off the users by over-pricing the DLC and making it so you had to buy it twice if you wanted it on both games.

Last edited by RENCAMO; 10-11-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #56
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Quote:
Lot of info...
Thanks for this awesome post man! Got 2 achievements just by reading it and doing as you said

So, to confirm:

Supreme Sacrifice - got online with a friend
Kill Bill - single player
Barrel Rolled - Split Screen versus mode System Link

Now I have yet to try Chaos Generator tonight with 2 other friends.

UPDATE: Did Chaos generator with a friend and my console with split screen using the local host method.

Oh, and to Valve: That's why I never bought Left 4 Dead 2 and will be away from Valve games on the 360. What a crappy beta testing group they have...

Last edited by Siegfried; 10-23-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #57
chrisarcade

chrisarcade's Gamercard
I've played through the game a few times and the only achievement I got was for beating The Sacrifice, i blew up a canister by a special infected and didn't get the achieve for that, i had all 3 generators running and didn't get that achieve..none of the achieves are unlocking, I think the game is glitched
chrisarcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #58
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Updated the achievements list with a video that apparently had players getting Sacriffizle. Hopefully it's finally been patched.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #59
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENCAMO View Post
Updated the achievements list with a video that apparently had players getting Sacriffizle. Hopefully it's finally been patched.
Don't wanna sound like a dick, but that video in your guide for Sacrifizzle is from L4D2.
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #60
RENCAMO

RENCAMO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chathams Finest View Post
Don't wanna sound like a dick, but that video in your guide for Sacrifizzle is from L4D2.
Yeah, I noticed that too, my bad.