PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 11
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #61
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
I posted a comment earlier about if anyone knew of good trade in value for this game. HMV just gave me 30 trade in for it. Given I paid 25 that is a good deal. Also, they said I could put that value on a gift card, so I can go back in 2 weeks and get Fable 3. All new games at HMV are 39.99 so you know.

Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #62
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would do that, but Im going to keep it although I dont really like it too much at the moment
BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #63
Morbido

So we are all in agreement that this game is shite. So I have one question -
why the rave reviews? This site 90%. IGN 9.5/10. Gamespot 9/10. One PS3 mag gave it 10/10 and called it football perfection. As this what reviews have come to? EA slips you a couple of grand and you kiss their arse. Because if you gave this game anything above 4/10 you clearly have not played it and EA have bought your opinion. This game is broken beyond belief and if it was tested before being released, the testers should have their bollocks removed by a rusty bread knife, their tongues staple gunned to their upper lip and a rather large pieapple inserted into their arse. Either that or they should be made to watch an entire episode of the x factor. I dont know which is worse.
Joking aside, charging people 40 for this crap should carry a prison sentece.
And once again, this game is a joke.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #64
Rifle Elite

Turbulus NL's Gamercard

Everyone knows that reviewers often dont get to review the released version, so they cant check the online mode, and they also have limited time to review.

On top of that, developers often make sure reviewers dont get to see the good parts. For example, the AI on world class leads to impossible goals by weak players from league 1 or league 2. So what do they do? They make sure no reviewer plays with Man U against Accrington on Legendary and have tons of unrealistic messed up games.

Ofcourse some reviewers just receive a copy of the full game, but like I said a lot of reviewers have very limited time. In the first few hours a game can look cool, but it takes a few days to find out that a game truly is messed up. For example, it took me 2 weeks until I noticed that retired players were reincarnated and that you always face the same teams in cups.

I have wrote a few reviews myself for a site, and I would definetely not rate this game any higher than a 9. I probably would rate it somewhere in between a 8.0 and 8.5
Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #65
Sniper Riflez

English Gamerrr's Gamercard

Defenders are too fast.
People are who pick Real Madrid are fags.
Casillas is stupidly good.
All goalkeepers are stupidly good in 1 vs 1 situatuions.
FREEZING.
Online lag.
People who pause constantly.
Sniper Riflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #66
Turbo_dee

TurboDEE1992's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_dee View Post
Having a game of pro clubs there and we end up winning 2-0, quite comfortably. However, at the end it says we have lost points. I thought that was quite weird, so I checked the last result and it said we had lost the last game 2-0. What the fuck is all that about?
This has now happened several times, really annoying when you win a cup game 3-0 and get eliminated. I've been disconnected a fair amount of times now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
The commentary is terrible too. Lots of it makes no sense to what is happening in your match.
This seems petty, but it's annoying. The commentators come out with some gems. I've just scored and during my celebration, the commentator says, "That will be a goal kick." Or I've been tackled fairly in the box and the oppostion kick it clear. "The ref's given a penalty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
The loading times are way too long.
Agreed.

Also, I was playing a ranked head to head match against Chelsea, I was Tottenham. It was 1-1 after 90 minutes, why did I not get the achievement for going to extra time with a weaker team?
Turbo_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #67
jackwebby4

jackwebby4's Gamercard
i get better rating than other players in my team, and i dont get in team of the week. Also, offside rule is useless. Whats an advantage for?
jackwebby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #68
Br0kenAssass1n

br0kenassass1n's Gamercard
Whilst this is certainly the best FIFA yet, there's so many problems with it, it's not even funny, and I'm including some gameplay elements in that statement.

Anyway, I'm only going to moan about Valdes, and how unrealistically shit he is on this game. It's so frustrating to watch him let a goal in that is so easily saved. It's like EA forgot to update him to FIFA 11 and 'he' still thinks it's FIFA 10.

Lifetime fan of Sarcasm

Trolling is an artform.
Br0kenAssass1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #69
Pesho_T

Pesho T's Gamercard
EA really need to pull their shit together.

Be a pro mode: if you control your VP your team mates are shit and never make it past the first tackler
If you control the whole team your VP never gets picked for games so you cant play.

General AI:
right i play Legendary, but even then stuff seems ridiculous.
The opposition players are always in the right spot, they run in open spaces and even though you can anticipate the players creating a risk you can do fuck all cuz u cant control 3 members of your team at the same time.
Then when im attacking my team mates just stand on their spots, dont make runs and are really easy to mark.

Player switching: takes ages to switch to the player you want with the button and the switching with the analogue does not work properly.
when a player you are not controlling is sprinting and you switch to them, they stop sprinting, even though you are holding the sprint button and running in the right direction.

Absolute shite. I regret buying this.

EDIT: also who's idea was it to make the calendar day to day rather than game to game.

Last edited by Pesho_T; 10-19-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Pesho_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #70
The Grader

the grader 600's Gamercard
Get a grip!

You all spend so much time moaning about this game, have you ever thought that you might not be any good!
The majority of the problems you all mentioned ( especially online ) have been present since The Road to the World Cup!
The reason games will freeze or disconnect is because most of the people you play are downloading torrents while they are playing.
Also I would bet my gamerscore that 90% of you have quit a match while your getting BEAT! Take it like a man and grow a pair!

If you still dont like this game... BUY PES 6!

or just accept the game for what it is ........
what is it?

The Best football game ever made!

11 out of 10! (sorry)
The Grader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #71
Br0kenAssass1n

br0kenassass1n's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grader View Post
You all spend so much time moaning about this game, have you ever thought that you might not be any good!
The majority of the problems you all mentioned ( especially online ) have been present since The Road to the World Cup!
The reason games will freeze or disconnect is because most of the people you play are downloading torrents while they are playing.
Also I would bet my gamerscore that 90% of you have quit a match while your getting BEAT! Take it like a man and grow a pair!

what is it?

11 out of 10! (sorry)
If you think one person downloading torrents affects the match, you clearly have no idea how EA run their servers. It's dedicated servers for FIFA, meaning you'll only fuck your own connection by downloading whilst online, as you connect to the dedicated server, not your opponent.

Secondly, most people would have quit out at some point, but no doubt so have you. Maybe not on FIFA 11, but on at least one version you will have, so shush.

Thirdly, it's blind, ignorant people like you that have made EA the company they are today. Yeah, FIFA 11 IS good, but its got numerous problems -- too many to count.

Lastly, if you go into a bitching thread, people are going to be 'bitching'. Use your noggin'.

Lifetime fan of Sarcasm

Trolling is an artform.
Br0kenAssass1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #72
Pesho_T

Pesho T's Gamercard
Quote:
what is it?
Poorly developed?

Spent a year working on the so called Personality+ and get rid of the ping pong passing and do a little on the rest.
Id rather wait 2 years. for now this is the last fifa game i buy.

honestly i try really hard to play without getting pissed off and ignore the obvious flaws in the engine but its just not working for me.

so for now go and be a douchebag somewhere else
Pesho_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #73
tima13

1. calling a second player to pressure/defend with the B button is completely not working. Every time the defender in front of the attacker doesn't step up. Instead my striker or midfielder tries to catch up to the attacker from behind.

2. The AI on my team is always completely useless, especially the defence.

3. The achievement for playing with a team from every league didn't unlock for me even when I used a full list.

I haven't been online yet so I don't know about those problems but I'm not looking forward to it based on some comments here.
tima13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #74
breadd

breadd's Gamercard
Currently on 536 games played with only 20 online and around 7 to 10 tops with random non-VP teams. Ughh
breadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #75
breadd

breadd's Gamercard
Thank god for that, it unlocked after 538. Was about to smash a lot of stuff, I may just have to snap the disc now. 1000G's
breadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #76
TommyGun81

What the fuck...i'm winning 4-0 just to have my opponent leave in the final minute by going back to dashboard...the game crashes and i have to leave as well...i check my stats and i lost 0-3...are you kidding EA!?

Another problem are those losers who immediately leave when you score in the first 10 minutes...pathetic!

Last edited by TommyGun81; 10-23-2010 at 07:45 AM.
TommyGun81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #77
Morbido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesho_T View Post
Poorly developed?

Spent a year working on the so called Personality+ and get rid of the ping pong passing and do a little on the rest.
Id rather wait 2 years. for now this is the last fifa game i buy.

honestly i try really hard to play without getting pissed off and ignore the obvious flaws in the engine but its just not working for me.
100% agree. This game is very poor.

Another thing that pisses me off is the two biggest cheevos (GS wise) require absolutely no skill to get. In fact I would recomend deliberately losing when going for 'hundred & counting'. That way theres no chance of the arsehole your playing against quitting.

And because quitting is completely ruining online gaming and ea are doing bugger all about it, this has got to be one of the worst achievements ever.

Win 200-300 games and get an achievement or lose exactly 100 games and get the achievement. It really is a joke.

On to the 500 game one. The only people who are going to get this are the ones obsessed with 100%ing every game. And they will do this by 'playing' 4min exhibition games. Then watch tv/read/play on another console whilst the games going on, then just hit A every couple of minutes to skip half time. Then after 8mins start up another one. Surely no one other than the most sick masochists are going to acually play properly.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #78
Lfcdale ynwa

Lfcdale ynwa's Gamercard
i generally love the game but ea servers annoy me , giving me a deafeat after i won 6-4 wtf !!! and the lack of achievement giving despite me playing over the amount of games needed for the head to head one...i wont trade it in tho, i still enjoy it just not the servers
Lfcdale ynwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #79
Failure System

Failure System's Gamercard
Well it has nothing to do with the gameplay itself, but i hate it like when a player shoots the ball off the pitch so there is a throwin, they show these short clips where you can see players. AND THESE ARE SO BUGGED.
For example, when i play with chelsea, it shows drogbas name on the jersey but you can see lampard wearing it. And than the graphics do some weird stuff and suddently you can see drogba.
First i thought its a funny little bug, but it happens almost always and its freaking annoying. EA has to patch this...
Failure System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #80
neil_lien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
On to the 500 game one. The only people who are going to get this are the ones obsessed with 100%ing every game. And they will do this by 'playing' 4min exhibition games. Then watch tv/read/play on another console whilst the games going on, then just hit A every couple of minutes to skip half time. Then after 8mins start up another one. Surely no one other than the most sick masochists are going to acually play properly.
Really no need to have it as high as 500 games, certainly 100 is enough (which is tallied in the acomplishments). If it wasn't for the red card technique, I wouldn't even consider going for this, as it is, I'm just doing this for hour any time I'm using the xbox360 and in time I will get it.

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #81
Maynard EFC93

MaynardVXR's Gamercard
Lets think... The fact that every season I play man utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Then chelsea again in the first round of the cup ... Or the fact that during every career mode game ... It randomly freezes for like 2 minutes ... Continues... Freezes ... Continues ...

I've tried so hard to like this game ... But I'm really considering cutting my losses and selling this no good pile of shite
Maynard EFC93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #82
Jordan0123

Jordan0123's Gamercard
One thing - defenders are stupidly taller, stronger and faster (all in one) than you are. Even when I have Lovenkrands, Ben Arfa, Lua Lua and Routledge in my team they seem to be outpaced. Nothing else is of concern, through balls are not really hard. Although, I have more than 100 Accomplishments yet no Cheevo.
Jordan0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #83
Son Of Apathy

Son Of Apathy's Gamercard
I've been playing for two seasons now with Everton and let me tell you how I have done in the cups.

FA Cup: Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Fulham
Carling Cup: Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Villa, Arsenal

Next season;

FA Cup: Chelsea

WHAT THE FUCK. What's the point in having lower league teams if we can't play them? One of the worst bugs ever imo.
Son Of Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #84
BSC YoungBoy

DOOMatiC CAH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
100% agree. This game is very poor.

Another thing that pisses me off is the two biggest cheevos (GS wise) require absolutely no skill to get. In fact I would recomend deliberately losing when going for 'hundred & counting'. That way theres no chance of the arsehole your playing against quitting.

And because quitting is completely ruining online gaming and ea are doing bugger all about it, this has got to be one of the worst achievements ever.

Win 200-300 games and get an achievement or lose exactly 100 games and get the achievement. It really is a joke.

this is an example of one of the many stupid complaints people are making. just a few months ago, everyone was begging ea to put a play 100 ranked instead of win 100. now that we have it, people like this dont like it.
and the 500 games, seriously??? its not that fuckin hard. like The Grader said, grow a pair and play the games. no one is putting four minute halves and walking away but you people.

and dont even think im comin after you because of our past, its because of your, and eveeryone else's stupid comments now.

Quote:

what is it?

11 out of 10! (sorry)
i agree with everything i quoted from you. most complaints could be avoided by being good.
BSC YoungBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #85
nimicitor

They have used another countries flag (Moldova's I think) for the Romania national team!
As a Romanian I find that offensive, plus I am sure in past Fifa games they used the team crest and not the flag.
nimicitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #86
HJO1403

HJO1403's Gamercard
matiengland
zVapour
Darryl84

those are my fucking complaints :@

fed up of quitters on this shitty game! :@
HJO1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #87
Morbido

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSC YoungBoy View Post
this is an example of one of the many stupid complaints people are making. just a few months ago, everyone was begging ea to put a play 100 ranked instead of win 100. now that we have it, people like this dont like it.
and the 500 games, seriously??? its not that fuckin hard. like The Grader said, grow a pair and play the games.

most complaints could be avoided by being good.
Point one. There were two kinds of people delighted about it being 'play' 100 games. Those that are crap at football games and those that are sick to the back teeth of the quitting and ea doing bugger all about it. I fall into the second category. Online gaming should be fun, but it isnt when you dare not score a third goal in case the guy quits. I put up a thread on the Fifa10 page about how they could have had a 100 win cheevo that you would have got regardless of quitters and boosting would have been damn near impossible. Sadly EA neglected to use my advice.
Play 100 games requires no skill

Point 2. About 500 games. You said "its not that fuckin hard". No shit sherlock, thats the point. This is another cheevo that requires no skill.
It was ok in last years game, because last years game was half decent. You told me to grow a pair (ironic really considering some of your posts, sent to me in our little one-on-one) and play the games. No thanks, this game is shit.

If you guys are happy playing 500 games, knock yourself out. But I think the majority of the people who have posted on this thread, wont bother untill they fix a couple of things.

No doubt ill get a few "your just shit at the game" posts. Im not. 50 online games, 37 wins. Not the best in the world by any means. But ive won far more than I lost. And ill take that.

I just think that the two highest scoring achievements are crap. Have an opinion? Im more than happy to hear it

Last edited by Morbido; 10-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 AM   #88
mcn3ill

mcn3ill's Gamercard
Agreed. The Pro Clubs feature is garbage.
mcn3ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #89
GingieMalmsteen

GingieMalmsteen's Gamercard
simming games glitch?

it wont let me sim games ever! the option isnt there in career mode anyone else getting this problem? i have tryed deleting all saves made for fifa11 eg custom settings and customs squads, basically started the game again and it still dosent come up with a sim game option! please help!
GingieMalmsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #90
Hughesy9

Hughesy9's Gamercard
The biggest thing wrong with this game is the people who play it, had 6 games on xbl today and 5 have not lasted the entire game the only one that did is the one where I lost.

I hate quitters!!!!