PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 AM   #31
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Miles Prower CC Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Prower CC

Miles Prower CC's Gamercard
Yeah so I'm working on the "Abbey Tower" Trial which is to destroy 100 destructable objects within 20 seconds.

I always get to about 90 objects destroyed before I reach the part where I have to use the stake to crank a cranker thing to lift the gate. Are there some destructables I could be missing? or do you just have to crank the cranker and destroy more destructables?
Miles Prower CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:30 AM   #32
Weasel13

Weasel13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
That one is very annoying. You CAN hold block, but it rarely happens. If you get webbed, a lycan will hit you. I found it was best to just run directly into the face of the spider and take any hit it gives you. I didn't hit him, just ran into his face. If he jumps away, run into his face again.
If you get close (touching,or almost touching it with your body) & attack a spider directly in its face, it will almost always block & then follow up with an unblockable attack. Just keep attacking until it blocks & don't stop until it hits you with its unblockable which will poison you.
Weasel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:34 AM   #33
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
For Chapter 5's Trial with Brauner (throw his blade back four times in a row), it's important to note you cannot get hit by any throws or simply miss them, as it will reset the counter. The timing on it seems screwy at first, but it's actually quite simple. Please note that I did this on Paladin, so he may be less aggressive on lower difficulties.

Dodge two attacks from him (separate attacks, not just swings), and then stand your ground. He will back away from you and taunt you about catching his blade. Do not move at all and right when it's about to hit you, hit RT. Imagine Gabriel's normal grab if nothing is around and you have a good idea about the range. Now just repeat three more times and you're golden.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #34
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower CC View Post
Yeah so I'm working on the "Abbey Tower" Trial which is to destroy 100 destructable objects within 20 seconds.

I always get to about 90 objects destroyed before I reach the part where I have to use the stake to crank a cranker thing to lift the gate. Are there some destructables I could be missing? or do you just have to crank the cranker and destroy more destructables?
To the right of the gate along the wall, you can double jump over to the other side
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 AM   #35
miGu sama

miGu sama's Gamercard
@Kyai:

Good to know that the Trials can be done on any difficulty. I was trying to beat the Titans within the required time limit (on Knight difficulty) and I was left shaking my head.

Kudos for the guide!

miGu sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:03 AM   #36
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Miles Prower CC Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Prower CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echilion View Post
To the right of the gate along the wall, you can double jump over to the other side
Worked like a charm, thanks.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #37
LK Tien

LK Tien's Gamercard
Anyone have checkpoint time markers for the Abbey library? i'm going to try again since i have a full shadow bar
LK Tien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #38
Harrakati

Harrakati's Gamercard
Quote:
Remember, you don't have to hit him constantly. Your focus meter starts to drain after about 8.6 seconds (we'll say 8 for simplicity sake) so once you get to 52 seconds, just evade and never hit him again, and you'll clear it.

Don't block, just roll. The only thing that sucks is when he tries to bite you, that's when he gets me. I got to 56 seconds and he decided he wanted to bite me, and that was it so I tried again.

Basically, make it a hit and run thing. Hit, roll roll roll. Hit, roll roll roll. When he likes to throw his swords at you, that chews up about 5 seconds, he's easy to hit and easy to evade so that helps drive up your meter.
Thanks finally got it, but that bite really sucked had to try it 8 times because of that.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #39
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Quote:
I did it on easy so yes it is possible. I think on paladin it'd be near impossible. I'm not sure how often she poisons on higher difficulties.
Alright, I'll look into it again, on higher difficulties getting poisened is a lot more likely but above Warrior you should obviously avoid it at all costs.
I'll try Squire, better it takes long to get poisoned but once it happens it won't be difficult to kill 10 lycans.

Also for the Chapter V, Part 5(Abbey Tower) Trial, any advice for destroying the 100 objects in time?After a couple of tries I simply can't find enough objects before the climb up the tower begins, I just got around 92.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #40
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
Alright, I'll look into it again, on higher difficulties getting poisened is a lot more likely but above Warrior you should obviously avoid it at all costs.
I'll try Squire, better it takes long to get poisoned but once it happens it won't be difficult to kill 10 lycans.

Also for the Chapter V, Part 5(Abbey Tower) Trial, any advice for destroying the 100 objects in time?After a couple of tries I simply can't find enough objects before the climb up the tower begins, I just got around 92.
I just did it. Carts, crates, and barrels can all be destroyed. There's a cart and crate to the left as soon as you start, then go right as normal. Destroy all objects in that corridor. Come out, destroy objects in the open before you jump. Pull down the bridge, I think there's a couple in that room. Go right and double jump over the ledge and go down the stairs, which will lead you behind the gate and there's objects in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrakati View Post
Thanks finally got it, but that bite really sucked had to try it 8 times because of that.
Don't I know it. It took me around 5 tries. Unfortunately, that falls down to luck if he will do it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Tien View Post
Anyone have checkpoint time markers for the Abbey library? i'm going to try again since i have a full shadow bar
The only checkpoint I consciously noted was I had 1:33 left after the first 2 statues.

Last edited by Kyai; 10-10-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Kyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #41
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
I finally got the Poison Trial, a sure way to get poisoned (even on easy) is to let the spider pin you down without trying to get up, the following attack always does the trick.
Then just kill the lycans, get to a checkpoint and repeat, thanks for that tip.
And for the Abbey Tower trial, one thing that should help is running into the hallway to the right immediately to trigger a checkpoint, then restart and all the enemies should be gone but all objects still there and the timer at 20 seconds or maybe a bit less.
You'll have to go back out and get all the objects at the start before moving on but that should still be faster than killing all the enemies.
Edit : Got that one as well, didn't know that you could avoid cranking open the gate after the drawbridge, that's exactly the time saver you need.In the end I had 7 seconds to spare.
Edit 2 : Thanks to Weasel13 for his tip on the Chaper V, Part 6 (Castle Sewers) Trial, worked like a charm, just use nothing but the Landslide Punch to bring the skeletons down.Though the normal punch(on the ground ) seemed to spare the shields or at least damage them very little as well.

Last edited by BullZeye; 10-10-2010 at 05:51 PM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #42
LK Tien

LK Tien's Gamercard
Quote:
The only checkpoint I consciously noted was I had 1:33 left after the first 2 statues.
Just finished with 2:20 and 1:40 as my markers, and i started with the second to last statue while daggering gremlins, finished with like 5 secs i think
Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #43
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

And, the guide is finished. If there's any fine tuning anyone would like, please let me know. I used all of the above strategies myself and confirm they all work.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #44
sepulturas666

Quote:
Chapter 5
Castle Sewers - Finish the level after killing 3 Skeleton Warriors without destroying their shields
A few methods work for this. Landslide Punch (Jump, Hold LT + X) and holy water are especially effective. You can also charge your dark gauntlet for this. When they crumple to bones, kill them so you don't have to fight them a second time. If you hold X (Direct Heavy Combo), that will kill them in one hit or you can kill them with Landslide Punch. Holy water and Ultimate Light will also destroy them while they're down.
You can also simply parry every attack - LT when they attack then X,X,X combo. Never touch their shields.
The guide is very helpful btw.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #45
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
I've now reached 110% in the first 6 Chapters, but now Chapter VII, I just don't get the Trial for the Electric Laboratory, I need to defeat the Mechanical Monstrosity "using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activated".
Maybe I just don't remember the boss fight correctly but don't you always use the Tesla Coil AFTER it is activated (since that's when the creature tries to heal itself) by pressing the floor button and in doing so stop the boss from regaining health?
Edit : Even after just playing the level, I don't understand, after the first time the boss healed itself(which I think cannot be prevented) the trial failed.Do I need to lure him under the tesla coil before the boss activates it himself?

Last edited by BullZeye; 10-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #46
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
I've now reached 110% in the first 6 Chapters, but now Chapter VII, I just don't get the Trial for the Electric Laboratory, I need to defeat the Mechanical Monstrosity "using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activated".
Maybe I just don't remember the boss fight correctly but don't you always use the Tesla Coil AFTER it is activated (since that's when the creature tries to heal itself) by pressing the floor button and in doing so stop the boss from regaining health?
Edit : Even after just playing the level, I don't understand, after the first time the boss healed itself(which I think cannot be prevented) the trial failed.Do I need to lure him under the tesla coil before the boss activates it himself?
run around and get him to use the lightning which stalls him from chasing after you for a second. When he is in the spot he heels hit the trigger on the floor and the red light will hit him, dealing damage. just do this a couple times to drain his energy.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #47
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
run around and get him to use the lightning which stalls him from chasing after you for a second. When he is in the spot he heels hit the trigger on the floor and the red light will hit him, dealing damage. just do this a couple times to drain his energy.
So I need to activate the tesla coil myself instead of waiting for the boss to it?
Ok but then do I still need to hit him until close to the heal or will activating the tesla coil 3 times kill him regardless of how much damage I have dealed myself?
And one little thing Kyai, not really important for gaining achievements, but still :
In Chapter XI, Part 1 (Necromancer's Abyss) you don't fight Death yet, just 2 of his Necromancers.

Last edited by BullZeye; 10-10-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #48
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Bullzeye, I'll fix that.

You have to beat on the mechanical monstrosity until he activates the coil. Then, the only thing you can do is kill him via the tesla coil. You can't use him to heal, or I believe you'll fail. So have a lot of life, and evade as much as possible.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #49
LK Tien

LK Tien's Gamercard
uhh for the dracolich i smashed the rib part at about 1:20 and i messed up once with the mouth part and I still got it
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #50
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
Kyai, for the Brauner trial, it absolutely will reset the counter if he throws it and it misses you. Also, I posted the exact timing in a post a little farther up the page. Feel free to pick parts of my probably overly long post out if you want, but it's a bit more clear than what you have (no offense meant, naturally).
Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #51
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

I've got a decent way of doing the music box for the lightning, was able to get through it without any trouble.

Use the Shoulder Charge technique to get through the lightning barriers just like you do the flame barriers.

The timing for the first set of electric gates is to launch the Shoulder Charge just as any of the electric gates fade. You'll charge straight through to the other side safely before another gate activates.

The timing for the 2nd set of electric gates is to wait for the electricity to pass to the end, launch the Shoulder Charge as it reaches the end and you'll pass through about 80% of the trap, launch a second Shoulder Charge or just walk/roll in and you'll clear it.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #52
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEvil View Post
Kyai, for the Brauner trial, it absolutely will reset the counter if he throws it and it misses you. Also, I posted the exact timing in a post a little farther up the page. Feel free to pick parts of my probably overly long post out if you want, but it's a bit more clear than what you have (no offense meant, naturally).
No offense taken. Constructive criticism is always fine.

It will reset? Strange, I let him miss me to test it and it didn't. To err on the side of caution, I'll add it in there.

@LK Tien: Wow, you were probably cutting it pretty close. But congratulations on finishing it up.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #53
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

I was expecting Pan's boss trial to be an annoying one, but that counter attack strategy worked on the first try.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #54
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower CC
I've got a decent way of doing the music box for the lightning, was able to get through it without any trouble.

Use the Shoulder Charge technique to get through the lightning barriers just like you do the flame barriers.

The timing for the first set of electric gates is to launch the Shoulder Charge just as any of the electric gates fade. You'll charge straight through to the other side safely before another gate activates.

The timing for the 2nd set of electric gates is to wait for the electricity to pass to the end, launch the Shoulder Charge as it reaches the end and you'll pass through about 80% of the trap, launch a second Shoulder Charge or just walk/roll in and you'll clear it.
I didn't even think about the Shoulder Charge. On the flame barriers, I double tapped LS to sprint, which was very annoying. I'll update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower CC View Post
I was expecting Pan's boss trial to be an annoying one, but that counter attack strategy worked on the first try.
Yeah, I was anticipating that too. That's the same strategy I used on Satan too. Makes the fight go by MUCH quicker instead of magic matching.

Last edited by Kyai; 10-11-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #55
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

The neutral magic fountain gave me the idea to try the shoulder charge, I couldn't figure out why there would be one there unless they wanted you to use magic somehow.

The timing on the flame barriers for the shoulder charge is kind of annoying, the first one is generous, you can charge through once you see the flames fade. But the 2nd one is rough, you have to kind of do a "leap of faith" and charge through just as the begin to flames dissipate, the slight delay in the charge will be enough that the flames fade and you clear them.

Last edited by Miles Prower CC; 10-11-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #56
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

I'm havin trouble killing 20 zombies with a single aerial combo.

I got them literally piled up all over me to the point that they're causing pretty serious damage, and when I use the Y, A, A combo it kills a bunch of them but it only gives me credit for like 5-9. The most I've gotten is 14.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #57
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Hm. Try using Y to whittle them down a little, then try it. Let me think if there's another way.

Also try pressing Y while in the air to hit the ones that got knocked up, that may do the trick. I'll check it out tomorrow to see if I can't find something else better.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #58
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

Quote:
Hm. Try using Y to whittle them down a little, then try it. Let me think if there's another way.

Also try pressing Y while in the air to hit the ones that got knocked up, that may do the trick. I'll check it out tomorrow to see if I can't find something else better.
That worked. I rallied up god knows how many, then did 4 hits of the basic YYYYYYY combo to weaken them. Then to seal the deal I used my shadow magic to power up the YAA combo.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #59
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
For the 20 aerial kills on the zombies, an easy way is to use Dragon's tail but letting it go before it powers up (LT+X, let it start charging and let go), then hold Y on the way down in a big group. I got 26 kills this way. I'm sure there are other ways but I was going nuts trying Y,A,A.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #60
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

Haha! I did it! All the trials are down...go me! Heheh.
Not too shabby if I do say so myself.