PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #61
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Thanks for all the advice on the mechanical monstrosity, I'll get right to it.
But as for Brauner, when I tried that challenge(got it now) the counter didn't reset when I missed the window to throw the sword back without getting hit, it only reset when the sword hit me.I wasn't sure about the timing but it doesn't matter anymore.

Edit : I know now how the chapter VII, Part 2 trial really works :
The trial doesn't fail when you use light magic to heal yourself, it fails whenever you attack him directly, for the trial you're supposed to use nothing but the tesla coil to defeat him.
That's not possible right at the start of the fight though, you have to damage him first so he activates the coil and the switch, afterwards the switch can be used anytime.
At this first part of the fight you can also still heal yourself.
I suggest using the Earthquake Punch(LT + Y on the ground), it's the fastest and most accurate of all ground directed punches, you don't need to charge it and it hits exactly where you stand.
Edit 2 : Trial complete, 3 hits from the tesla coil and the creature is finished(for now).

Last edited by BullZeye; 10-11-2010 at 09:18 AM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #62
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower CC View Post
[image]
Haha! I did it! All the trials are down...go me! Heheh.
Not too shabby if I do say so myself.
Congratulations! Getting closer to 1k. Paladin annoyed me a bit. =S I'll also update the 20 kills part.

@CyberEvil: Oh? Hm. Let me try that. If it works better, I'll add that method to it as well.

@BullZeye: Ah, I was absolutely positive that if he missed you entirely with the blade it wouldn't reset. At least I know I'm not going crazy. I wasn't too good at the timing. I literally just stood my ground and jammed down on RT and hoped it work. Not the most skilled of approaches, but it got it done. And I'll review the mechanical monstrosity portion of my guide to make sure it's clear.

Last edited by Kyai; 10-11-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Kyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #63
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEvil View Post
For the 20 aerial kills on the zombies, an easy way is to use Dragon's tail but letting it go before it powers up (LT+X, let it start charging and let go), then hold Y on the way down in a big group. I got 26 kills this way. I'm sure there are other ways but I was going nuts trying Y,A,A.
LT+X is your dark gauntlet, so I'll assume you mean LT+A. That will put them at half health. I tried LT+Y in the air, and that did very little damage. Then I re-read your post and you said hold Y. I accidentally tried LT+A partial charge, Y combo. Then I felt a bit like an idiot, and can now confirm. LT+A partial charge, hold Y works. Got 29 kills just now with that one. I'll update now.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #64
BoChOmAn

BoChOmAn's Gamercard
Anyone else find almost impossible to do the ice titan trial?? I never get there in time, and if i reload the checkpoint I loose my dark crystal, those things are hard to get!! f@#ing time trials, hate those type of things

EDIT: I had to start another level so that my dark crystal appeared again... don't know why exactly but at least I don't have to go searching another one

Last edited by BoChOmAn; 10-11-2010 at 07:48 PM.
BoChOmAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #65
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoChOmAn View Post
Anyone else find almost impossible to do the ice titan trial?? I never get there in time, and if i reload the checkpoint I loose my dark crystal, those things are hard to get!! f@#ing time trials, hate those type of things

EDIT: I had to start another level so that my dark crystal appeared again... don't know why exactly but at least I don't have to go searching another one
Yeah. restarting from last checkpoint isn't ideal for the titan trials. Press start, world select, and go back into that stage. Reload time won't be bad if you're already in that stage either. Just remember, any time you're moving (up, down, left, or right) use A to travel faster so he'll hop in those directions.

When they're shaking you, watch for a pattern. On the Dracolich trial, you almost lose your grip 2 times, after you get your those two times you can start moving again. That can give you a couple more seconds.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:25 AM   #66
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
Yeah I meant LT+A but you worked it out lol. And I could have sworn that missing the blade with Brauner caused my counter to reset in that challenge...minor details, really!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #67
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEvil View Post
Yeah I meant LT+A but you worked it out lol. And I could have sworn that missing the blade with Brauner caused my counter to reset in that challenge...minor details, really!
Heh no worries though. It all works out in the end.

The problem I have with LT+A, hold Y is my left finger didn't want to let go of LT. So I ended up doing LT+A, LT+Y for a little while which didn't work out so well heh.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #68
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Yes! I got it all! 110%! Thanks for this great guide Kyai!
Been a while since I had such a satisfying 1000 GS.

Last edited by BullZeye; 10-12-2010 at 02:22 PM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #69
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
Yes! I got it all! 110%! Thanks for this great guide Kyai!
Been a while since I had such a satisfying 1000 GS.
Congratulations! I'm glad you got it done. =D

and..

YAY! A sticky! =D

Old 10-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #70
Weasel13

Weasel13's Gamercard
Chapter 11
Necromancer's Abyss - Finish the level after destroying 60 Reapers.

I was able to get Death to summon 2 groups of reapers. After I killed the first set I only had 58. I decided to try not hitting him, I wanted to see if he would summon more. I just dodged his attacks and he summoned a second set of reapers. I ended up with 63/60 reapers for the trial. I didn't have to get the three mentioned in the trial description.
Weasel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #71
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel13 View Post
Chapter 11
Necromancer's Abyss - Finish the level after destroying 60 Reapers.

I was able to get Death to summon 2 groups of reapers. After I killed the first set I only had 58. I decided to try not hitting him, I wanted to see if he would summon more. I just dodged his attacks and he summoned a second set of reapers. I ended up with 63/60 reapers for the trial. I didn't have to get the three mentioned in the trial description.
My way would be more efficient, I think, but I'll add yours as an alternative.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #72
nostendorp

the real sinick's Gamercard
Great guide, it is really helping me get through this game. Just thought I should mention one quick thing:

For the 3-1 trial where you kill 15 dazed opponents with fairies, if you don't start the level with fairies (like I did) and you don't kill 15 during your first introduction to fairies (like I did) then do not fret. Later in the level, when you get the fairies from the stone you can use them on the next enemy you see and the stones will regenerate fairies.

I hope I am making this clear, but to sum up you can start the level with no fairies and still finish this trial (and get a dark crystal!) with relative ease because the fairies regenerate. I think this will help anyone who likes to do the trials right after their first run through the level (like I do).

Hope this helps!
nostendorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #73
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
castle sewers trial is much easier if you just use a dark crystal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #74
onebutton

HERPasaurusDERP's Gamercard
wow i was scared that doing the pan and satan trials were going to be impossible, because i never used blocking and counterattacking during the regular game but they were ridiculously easy. Great guide! All i ahve left to do for 1000G is to beat it on the hardest difficulty
onebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #75
Moldredd

Moldredd's Gamercard
For the Aerial 20 zombie kill trial in Chapter 10-3. A simple Shadow Magic Y, A, A will do the work. Just wait for enough zombies to get close. You can also follow up with Hold B/Y just in case. But the Y, A, A will do it no problem. No reason to hit them before the combo.

This was tested in Paladin Difficulty so it should work in the easier difficulty as long as enemy health is affected as well.

My personal Castlevania LoS2 Kleidos Challenge Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...5zoWUDqAHWm0Pu

Last edited by Moldredd; 10-14-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Moldredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #76
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Updated.

Thanks for the information. =) Helps to add different methods/variances since not everyone does everything the same way.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #78
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs up Yeah!

That's some nice videos xF02. Watching them right now. Good work. Thanks!

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #79
Moldredd

Moldredd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
Updated.

Thanks for the information. =) Helps to add different methods/variances since not everyone does everything the same way.
Agreed. The more methods, the better for everyone. Awesome guide as well.

My personal Castlevania LoS2 Kleidos Challenge Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...5zoWUDqAHWm0Pu
Moldredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #80
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
Abbey Tower trial- I'm coming up short by about 20 or so, and that's with the doublejump to the back side of the gate at the end... what am I missing?
Kinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #81
ElevatedEagle

ElevatedEagle's Gamercard
abbey tower

on the abbey tower trial i found out if you use the divine shield while hunting the items its alot easier. i finished it with four seconds remaining and it was stressful but alot easier than without the shield when you throw the holy water down it most often than not kills all the enemies around you. you guide is very helpful by the way
ElevatedEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #82
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
So, there's 101 total objects in the stage to smash. 101. I know this because I got 99 and then time ran out. I went back and there were two more things I could break. 101. Ugh, back to trying this stupid stupid trial. I've had no problems with any trial so far, and I did most of them on my first playthrough... these last few are just enough to piss off the Pope.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #83
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
I've got a video uploading to YouTube showing the locations of all breakable objects up to and including the items behind the closed gate. Should be finished very soon.
xf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #84
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
FINALLY! The divine shield made a huge difference. Just got it with time to spare. Great idea ElevatedEagle. That tip should go in the guide for this trial.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #85
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
May as well still throw the video in here. I finish with 20 seconds to spare.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #86
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xf02 View Post
May as well still throw the video in here. I finish with 20 seconds to spare.

YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter V, Stage V: Abbey Tower
Holy shit dude, that was SICK! What two moves were you using for the most part? It looked like a wide strong AoE whip, and then you followed up with a divine-based push/fist thrust move? 20 seconds to spare **and** you opened the gate in that. Wow.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #87
xf02

xF02's Gamercard
I'll just copy and paste the description from the video.

The skill I spam to destroy the objects is the Relic Power called Sprint Thrust. It's performed by sprinting, then pressing Y followed by X (triangle followed by square if on PS3).

It's a very useful skill, in some cases it even knocks bosses down.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #88
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Guys and gals, can anyone possibly either point me towards or make a video for the Library trial on chapter 5 for the mirror puzzle? I just cannot get this done in time no matter what I try. There are so many things that go wrong, it'd take ages to list them all. It's the only one I need to do on chapter 5 and I'm trying to do all the trials in order. If anyone can help I would be so grateful.

I want to point out, there is nothing at all wrong with the description here, I just really could benefit from actually seeing somebody else do it. Cheers.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #89
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Arrow Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
I want to point out, there is nothing at all wrong with the description here, I just really could benefit from actually seeing somebody else do it. Cheers.
Well I did it EXACTLY that way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
Chapter 5
Abbey Library - Finish the level and beat the mirror and lights puzzle in less than 2:30 minutes
When the stage starts, before the puzzle, try to overfill your shadow magic while fighting the two suits of armor. So when you begin, you can move the first two pieces with the shadow magic powered gauntlet very quickly. When I finished this part, I had 1:33 left. Remember to save enough shadow magic for two walls to break down, so you can't use shadow magic on every statue. Only use it for the ones that have a very long way to go. I had to kill the imps on the next 2 statues. I pushed the 5th statue to the end of the corridor, then broke down the wall. Ran and broke down the 2nd wall. Pushed the 6th statue into place and turned it correctly. This entire time, ignore the suit of armor, don't stop to fight him at all. Then finish pushing the 5th statue into place, turn it, and the puzzle will complete. I did this with 2 seconds remaining.
Thanks Kyai btw. I even had 1:45 left when I've finished the first part/section (two mirrors). I'm sure you tried it this way. Use Daggers to quickly get rid of those imps/bats. Remember in which direction you turn EACH of the mirrors. This saves a lot of time. Yeah I know, a video would be better. xF02 surely working things out.

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #90
nostendorp

the real sinick's Gamercard
This guide is really coming along great, been saving me countless broken controllers.

One small thing: chapter 5 abbey tower requires seraph shoulders to double jump. Most of you may already know this but I did not until I got to the last part of this trial and sat there trying to press A twice and nothing happened . You may want to add this requirement to your trial in case others, like me, try to complete the trial right away.

Once again, great guide so far!
nostendorp is offline   Reply With Quote