Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Epic Debaser

Epic Debaser's Gamercard
Question The game made me pit twice!?

I was racing in career earlier, and seeing as I pulled out a 20 second lead after a 3 or so laps (Yes Im racing on easy like a noob ) I decided to pit early so I pressed Y to tell the crew I was coming in and I pitted. However when I left the pits still in first (don't know if that makes a difference) my engineer told me to come in on this lap, even though Id pitted like 5 seconds before. I thought it was just a bug so I went all the way through to the penultimate lap, when I got a rule reminder to use both sets of tyres, even though I already had!

Luckily I'd pulled out a big enough lead to win the race after having to pit again, but wow, WTF happened?

Last edited by Epic Debaser; 10-09-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Epic Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x

I GhostReaper x's Gamercard
i think 90% of the races they call you into the pits on either the 4th or 5th lap depending on how many laps you are racing, i think that is down to whatever your pit stop stratergy is, so even tho you pit in before they ask you to, it doesnt recognise it because the game is following the settings that you put not the alterations you make during the race ie pitting early....thats onli a theory tho, iv always pitted when they ask or after they ask, and even still sometimes they ask me to come in again to avoid traffic, when im like a minute ahead lapping back markers lol

100% Retail (19)
Rainbow Six Vegas, Test Drive Unlimited, TMNT, Superman Returns, NFS: Most Wanted, Bully: SE, DiRT, CSI: Hard Evidence, Assassin's Creed, Top Spin 2, King Kong, CoD 4, Mercenaries 2, The Godfather II, DiRT 2, NFS: Shift, Saints Row 2, Enchanted Arms, GoW 2

Working on
Army Of Two (1080/1250) - Any help will be greatly appreciated
Gears Of War (1050/1250)

Gears Till I Die. Then I Respawn. Gears For Life!
oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Debaser View Post
I was racing in career earlier, and seeing as I pulled out a 20 second lead after a 3 or so laps (Yes Im racing on easy like a noob ) I decided to pit early so I pressed Y to tell the crew I was coming in and I pitted. However when I left the pits still in first (don't know if that makes a difference) my engineer told me to come in on this lap, even though Id pitted like 5 seconds before. I thought it was just a bug so I went all the way through to the penultimate lap, when I got a rule reminder to use both sets of tyres, even though I already had!

Luckily I'd pulled out a big enough lead to win the race after having to pit again, but wow, WTF happened?
If you choose to pit at a time different to that planned out in your race strategy, then you have to use the d-pad to select what tyres you want. If you don't it will just put a fresh set of what you are already driving with on. I'm guessing you didn't select for the pit crew to put on the other compound tyre, therefore would of had to pit again in order to prevent a rule break.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
If you choose to pit at a time different to that planned out in your race strategy, then you have to use the d-pad to select what tyres you want. If you don't it will just put a fresh set of what you are already driving with on. I'm guessing you didn't select for the pit crew to put on the other compound tyre, therefore would of had to pit again in order to prevent a rule break.