PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
NewHorizans

NewHorizans's Gamercard
Trouble with 'Like Bill'

This is my last achievement with this game. I know this game is glitchy so I didnt know if anyone had any suggestions. I was able to get the 'Like Joe' Achievement with all Bunts with 2-Controller but for some reason it just doesn't work with 'Like Bill'. Tried 3-Innings, 5-Innings. I have tried 0-0 score, 5-5, 1-1. Tried having no outs, two outs. Each time the runner runs the bases with the ball just sitting there like ALL the other achievements, only when the game ends, no achievement pop. I learned you had to be winning to get the 'Savin the Day' achievement, and the 'Like Joe' only worked after the other team was winning by alot and I got a home run as the last run in. SO, HELP!! Any reason why this isn't working. I can try to get a real home run I guess. Let you know if that works
NewHorizans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
PureEvil x21

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried it 3 times now. I'm using 5 innings.
PureEvil x21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I did this on a 3 inning game. Used Joey Macadoo's team(knights) vs the bear team(the top left one). I got my power up meter maxed to 3stars by pitching and striking out their batters, then by getting on base(bunts) with my batters and them getting them out by trying to steal a base.

Learn the rotation of your star player Macadoo, i think he was 7th. Keep the game at 0-0 til the bottom of the 3rd. Once there try to keep the batters going and move up on rotation. Get one or two of them out by stealing bases if you have 2 or 3 loaded(steal home is best to get out).

once you get your power hitter Macadoo up, use a power up(what i did, but not really needed) and hold up on LS and press/hold B for power swing.

That's how i got it. At first i was trying to get the HR with my lower power batters w/power ups and it just wasn't happening, they fell short.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Here is what I did to get the achievement...

H=AllStars vs A=Bullies(can be whoever)
3 innings
I used Allstars because everyone is a power hitter. Just throw strikes all the way to the bottom of the last inning. At the bottom of the last inning try for a homerun (forward+A). For some reason it took me 3 batters to get a homerun, but still no one crossed homebase before I hit it out the park with Dmitri.
Also I would suggest againest using superpowers:
1 - none help with getting a homerun (they just make fielders look bad)
2 - you might mistakingly get the "underground ball", which can't be knocked out the park

Last edited by artphobia; 12-25-2010 at 12:50 AM.
artphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
bobafett_esb

jackenwillies's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by artphobia View Post
Here is what I did to get the achievement...

H=AllStars vs A=Bullies(can be whoever)
3 innings
I used Allstars because everyone is a power hitter. Just throw strikes all the way to the bottom of the last inning. At the bottom of the last inning try for a homerun (forward+A). For some reason it took me 3 batters to get a homerun, but still no one crossed homebase before I hit it out the park with Dmitri.
Also I would suggest againest using superpowers:
1 - none help with getting a homerun (they just make fielders look bad)
2 - you might mistakingly get the "underground ball", which can't be knocked out the park

This worked for me.

Thanks!
bobafett_esb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Shadowfan789

Wildpanther9212's Gamercard
Unlike what the achievement guide says, you cannot get an in the park home run for this achievement. It has to be a legit homer, which is pretty easy. I set up a 3 inning game and kept the game going until the 7th inning in overtime when Tony was able to hit a home run. The Allstars are the best team to use for this one.

Shadowfan789 is offline   Reply With Quote