Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
eXodusOnFiRe

Send a message via AIM to eXodusOnFiRe Send a message via MSN to eXodusOnFiRe

eXoduzOnFiRe's Gamercard
Instant Action Level 1

On Extreme, I honestly don't understand this map. I tried it 4 times and sort of got raped at the second gate. I'm telling myself this can't be that hard so I went and did Level 2 and Level 3 and beat it on my first attempt. I also beat the last level on my second attempt and people told me that one was difficult. So I went back and tried the first one two more times and I literally just get destroyed. I don't know what it is, I'm thinking it might be how the map is so open although I'm ALWAYS behind cover.

Usually the instant I pop or lean out of cover I get manhandled by a stream of bullets before I can get a shot off. I use the same tactic I used for the other levels with a little adjustment for this level but I can't do it. I don't even get past the area after the second gate, it's really frustrating. Something I did notice though was that this level has a lot less ammo and health packs then any of the other levels do but that isn't whats killing me. I always have sufficient ammo and at least 4-5 health packs. I just randomly get killed before I even get a chance to THINK about pressing Y.

I haven't been so baffled since playing CoD2 on veteran and wondering if I'd would still have my sanity at the end. I'm wondering if there is a certain strategy I can use for this, since I doubt there is a foolproof way of doing this I would just be happy with knowing what I can do that will help me past this map full of hacking enemies!

-X

eXodusOnFiRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
My suggestion to you is to, as annoying as it may sound, keep practicing and memorizing the level. what I've found that helped me beat the levels is totally change what weopons you are using to kill enemies. It may totally change your progress. Good Luck.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
eXodusOnFiRe

Send a message via AIM to eXodusOnFiRe Send a message via MSN to eXodusOnFiRe

eXoduzOnFiRe's Gamercard
Hmm, I sat down today with 2 cans of sprite and told myself I wouldn't get up until I beat it. It all ended alot quicker then I thought it would. The simple advice you gave me was all I needed Butters. I took what you said into mind on my third run through and very merrily beat the level. Part of it though was that I found a fallback position at the second gate, where I could lure the bastards all to one spot, it still required that I exposed myself to kill them, but it worked.

Oddly enough, even on Extreme, the penetrator and 3 total grenades was enough to take down the Heavy and the Mech at the end.

Semi-Hard Achievement unlocked. Now I only need to do two more single player ones, which is survivalist and the grand-daddy achievement Fearsome.

-X

eXodusOnFiRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:45 AM   #4
Butters

BUTTERS7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Cool! no Problem man good luck with your last cheeves.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
|oneyedNewb|

Anger Monkey UK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
nice one mate i must get back into F.E.A.R.