PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
demi

Achievement Guide

+ Difficulty: 2/10
+ Offline: 50 (1000)
+ Online: 0
+ Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 4
+ Missable? None
+ Glitched? None
+ Cheat Codes? None

A Bird in the Hand 5
Upgrade your owl with any Battleset

Simply purchase any Battleset and equip it. You will unlock battlesets through the story mode.

Victory! 5
Defeat an enemy in a mission

Defeat an enemy during a mission. You'll find plenty of enemies in the game.

Feeling Shattered 5
Break an enemy's armor

Later on in the game, enemies will start to wear armor, as indicated by their health bar covered by armored talons. To break their armor, use the Y button, or throw them at a wall with B.

Top Speed 5
Reach maximum speed in a mission

Just do the corkscrew attack (press RS forwards) and it should pop.

That Was Close! 10
Narrowly avoid colliding with an enemy in a mission

As you play, an enemy will try to attack and a button prompt will show. This should pop when you do a barrel roll (flick RS left or right) instead to move out of the way.

Do a Barrel Roll! 5
Do a barrel roll in a mission

Flick RS to the left or right in a mission.

Team Attack 10
Use the Team Attack Combo to help out a wingman in trouble

As you fight, you can summon wingmen out with RB. To do a Team Attack, strike the enemy around the time that a wingman hits it. You will see "Team Attack!" flash on screen.

Upgrade your Flight 5
Unlock a new combat attack

[i]You will unlock new attacks as you defeat enemies. This comes at the first unlock.[/b]

Make some Noise 5
Hoot 108 times

[i]Mash the A button to hoot, hoot, and hoot while flying around. It will come eventually.[/b]

Ready for Battle 5
Complete the Tutorial Missions

Story related.

Kuneer or Kufaar 10
Complete the Desert of Kuneer Missions

[i]Story related. This is the first set of levels.[i]

Tyto is Righto 10
Complete the Forest Kingdom of Tyto Missions

Story related. This is the second set of levels.

Defeat the Hagsfiend Queen 10
Complete the Glauxian Brothers Retreat Missions

Story related. This is the third set of levels.

Owls of Derisive Laughter 10
Complete Race to the Retreat in 4 minutes or less

This level is in the Glauxian Brothers Retreat set of missions. This level is just a race through rings. 4 minutes is plenty of time (it is the silver medal goal). Use the corkscrew for speed, as well as any air currents. You can miss up to 6 rings, which is very lienient if you just graze past one.

O Rly? 5
Replay a mission

When you finish a level, simply choose to replay it again.

That's Got to Hurt 10
Successfully perform the Fall From Grace

The Fall From Grace is the last move you will unlock. To perform it, you must be high in the air. As you lock onto an enemy, you will see the LT and RT buttons flash. Hit them and you will grab the enemy and divebomb towards the ground. Before you hit, the buttons will flash again, and you will drop them so they slam into the earth.

C-C-Combo Breaker 5
Perform a chain attack on a single enemy in a mission

Chain attacks are consecutive hits on enemies. To do this, attack an enemy. When you strike, the screen will pause and the reticule will be red. Hit X, Y, or B at this point to perform another attack.

Counter Culture 10
Successfully counter attack an enemy in a mission

Occasionally, enemies will come towards you, and a button prompt will appear. Hit the button, and you will counter attack.

Take That, You Fiend! 10
Hit an enemy with the Corkscrew in a mission

See Owlage

Owlage 20
Use the corkscrew on 20 enemies

To do the corkscrew, tap RS forward, and you will buzz forwards. Enemies will often be grouped together when they spawn, so simply charge right into them and you should knick a couple. Repeat until you hit 20 eventually.

Great Shot 10
Hit an enemy with a flaming coal

Some levels will require you to use flaming coals. Pick some up, then fly towards an enemy and launch them when the A button appears.

The Journey 25
Fly 100 Kilometers

See Boy Are My Arms Tired

Boy Are My Arms Tired 50
Fly more than 200 kilometers

This will unlock with natural progression. Simply fly around levels. This will come sooner than you expect, if you are hunting for the scrolls in the Bonus Missions.

Silver Lining 25
Get all Silver medals

See Gold, Shard, Gold!

Gold, Shard, Gold! 75
Get a Gold ranking in all story missions

Each level has a specific goal you much reach to earn a Gold/Silver/Bronze medal. The goals are very easy and you should get them no problem. Simply focus on the level's goal and ignore any enemies if necessary. Use Wingmen when you are forced to deal with enemies.

Light'em up 10
Complete Lighting The Way without a torch going out too early

This level is in the Forest of Tyto set of missions. This level requires you to launch coals at a series of torches. They will eventually die out if you are too slow to light them all up. You should have plenty of leeway when lighting them up.

Make a Splash 10
Throw an enemy into the water

To throw an enemy, press B when attacking, then aim using RS. Pick the GaHoole Tree Bonus Mission and select the Survival Mission, then chuck an enemy into the water and watch him bounce.
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
demi

Fly Safe 10
Complete An Ally in the Sand without touching a twister

This level is in the Desert of Kuneer set of missions. In the beginning of the level, you follow someone through the desert, weaving through tornadoes.

Gliding with Style 20
Complete a mission without losing your armor

As you equip stronger battlesets, your own health will be protected by the armored talons on screen. Like the enemies, they can smash your armor by charging into you, or throwing you into the wall. You can also lose armor by being hit with catapults, or simply running into walls.

Vanquish the Evil 50
Complete the game

Story related. Finish the final level.

Seven in One Blow 20
Defeat seven enemies without being hit in a mission

Self-explanetory, defeat seven enemies without being hit. You will get this easily in the early levels.

No Flies on Shard 20
Complete all objectives in a mission successfully without dying

Don't die in a mission. It is extremely hard to even die period in this game.

Fashionable Owl 15
Wear 4 different Battlesets in missions

As you progress through the story, you will unlock new armor. As you unlock each one, equip it and finish the next mission. You will get this as soon as you start a level with your newly unlocked 4th set of armor.

Free Flight 20
Explore all five environments in the Bonus Missions for a short time

When you finish a set of missions, a Bonus Mission will be unlocked for that area. This is basically a free-roam, which has some set of missions for you to do. This will pop a little into your start of the final Bonus Mission, which is unlocked when you beat the game.

Dodge'ems 20
Complete Pure Retaliation without being hit by a turret

This is the last level in the Forest of Tyto missions. Majority of this level will be you tossing coals at turrets. Ignore the enemies, and focus on the turrets. Don't get hit by any of them. Regular birds are ok.

Love the Smell 20
Bomb 20 turrets

Turrets are perched on mountains and launch coals at you. Grab some coals of your own and launch some back at them. They require between 2 to 3 hits to explode. This will come naturally, or you can repeat the Bombing missions in the Bonus Levels.

Boss Rush 20
Defeat any boss without losing a life

There are only 3 bosses in the game, and each of them requires to not die anyway for a Gold medal. Do this on the Bat Chieftain level (final level of Kuneer Desert).

Put the Win in Wingman 20
Use your Wingmen 20 times

Wingmen are allies you can launch out at enemies, when you have some Prowess built up (the yellow bar). To get Prowess, divebomb towards the ground, or grab the various coins. Target an enemy, and tap RB to launch your Wingmen. Wingmen cannot attack armored enemies. You will get up to 3 Wingmen over the course of the story.

Passive Aggressive 20
Complete a mission using just wingmen

Select the very first mission in the Kuneer Desert, as there are minimal amount of enemies here. Use only your Wingmen to kill the enemies. Do not even counter attack, roll out of the way if they attack. To gain Prowess, divebomb towards the ground.

Lucky Number 20
Achieve a 15 hit chain in a mission

Your chain increases as you keep attacking enemies. You do not have to do this on a single enemy. Simply keep attacking various enemies to keep the chain going. You will get this easily in a big group of enemies, or you could do a Survival Mission in one of the Bonus Levels. Do not get hit, or your chain will be reset.

No Witnesses 20
Defeat every enemy in a story mission

Be sure to kill every red dot on your radar before finishing a level.

As the Crow Flies 20
Defeat 20 Crows

Crows are the first type of enemy you will fight. This will come naturally, or you can repeat the Survival Mission in the Gahoole Tree Bonus Level.

New Game+ 30
Continue playing after completing the game

When you finish the game, exit back to the main menu and start a whole new game. Use a different save slot to keep tally of which owls you have finished with.

See a Penny 50
Collect 4200 Shinies

Shinies are earned by defeating enemies, grabbing them in the air, or earning Gold Medals. Chances are you will not reach this number during your first playthrough. You can get the most Shinies by repeating the final world's Survival Bonus Mission as there are a lot of enemies to defeat.

Max Power 30
Equip a top quality Battleset

Battlesets are unlocked through the story, and must be purchased to use. This achievement will unlock when you purchase the second to last set and equip it.

Fly like the Wind 30
Use 50 Wind Currents

Wind Currents are little swirling tornadoes with arrows flying out. Fly through the big opening and zoom out the small one. You can fly through the same one 50 times if you want, or this will come naturally through the story.

Art Appreciation 30
Collect all the artwork

In each of the 5 Bonus Missions, there are 5 scrolls to find throughout, making 25 to find total. A meter will appear when you are near a scroll. It will go from red to green depending on how close you are. Look near standout spots on the maps, or areas you were in during the story levels.

Bonus Gold 30
Get a Gold ranking in all bonus missions

In each of the Bonus Levels, there are some missions for you to do. These include saving owls, racing, bombing, and survival. Simply finish each one with a Gold medal.

Bird of a Different Feather[/b] 50
Complete the game as all Four Characters

This achievement will be the final one you unlock. It requires you finish the entire game 4 times. The game includes 4 save slots, so use each one to keep tally on which owls you have used. Hope you enjoy the game long enough to endure this.

Sold Out 50
Buy all the Battlesets

Battlesets are unlocked through the story, and cost Shinies to buy. You will unlock the final set shortly before starting the final world. Buy it.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
EdD.c0r3

thanks for the guide
EdD.c0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
nice guide. How long to finish 1 playthrough?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Kyanite

Send a message via AIM to Kyanite Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanite

RCPD Zombie's Gamercard
Good guide. It needs a little editing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi View Post

Upgrade your Flight 5
Unlock a new combat attack

[i]You will unlock new attacks as you defeat enemies. This comes at the first unlock.[/b]

Make some Noise 5
Hoot 108 times

[i]Mash the A button to hoot, hoot, and hoot while flying around. It will come eventually.[/b]

Kuneer or Kufaar 10
Complete the Desert of Kuneer Missions

[i]Story related. This is the first set of levels.[i]

Owls of Derisive Laughter 10
Complete Race to the Retreat in 4 minutes or less

This level is in the Glauxian Brothers Retreat set of missions. This level is just a race through rings. 4 minutes is plenty of time (it is the silver medal goal). Use the corkscrew for speed, as well as any air currents. You can miss up to 6 rings, which is very lienient if you just graze past one.
There are some obvious coding issues there, plus you misspelled 'lenient'. Otherwise, you're doing great. I will definitely use this when I go for the full K.

100% Arcade Achievement Completion: 23
Kyanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
demi

Quote:
Originally Posted by goothgone View Post
nice guide. How long to finish 1 playthrough?
Your first play will be longer than the other 3, since you're hunting for scrolls and doing Bonus Missions. Maybe about 5 hours? The other 3 you can just rush through in about a couple hours tops. The forest levels are a real drag.

@Kyanite

I will try to re-format the posts
Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Great guide.

The Achievements to get gold in normal / bonus missions are a little annoying. The same with the one to finish the game 4 times with different Owls.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:58 AM   #8
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Either I'm really dumb or this game isn't a 2/10 at all!

Getting gold on missions is a roller coaster, some are really, really easy, others a total pain. Can someone that has done it already please post some nice strategies and combos for the combats?

I find it really hard to go from one enemy to the other, they are all above or bellow me circling all the time, making me lose time finding someone to attack. Even using the best armor that kills everything in 2 hits on the second level of the desert, I still was more than 2 minutes above the time for gold!

Got gold on all story missions. The 3 hardest ones are in fact the first 3 of the desert chapter that I was struggling before. The last chapter is actually the easiest, got gold in every mission on my first try. The snow chapter is also pretty easy to get gold. In the forest chapter there's that stupid scort mission that's somewhat boring / hard to get gold, all the rest is pretty simple.

I still think a 2 is pretty low for this game, I would rate it a 4 or 5 I suppose. My Horse and Me 2 has a 2 on difficulty and is pretty dumb game to 1000. My point is, it won't be a walk in the park, but it's possible to get gold on all missions in one day like I did, just forget about medals until you get the last 2 armors.

Last edited by Siegfried; 09-19-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
demi

Maybe it is just you. I got Gold medals just fine. Like I said, focus directly on the goal, ignore enemies if you can.

If you must fight, use wingmen, then attack the enemies yourself. Use this combo - X, X, Y - this pushes them back and sets it up for another attack.

For the Hagsfiends, do X, X, B (since you can't use Y attacks), then as they fall, move onto another enemie up in the sky, ignore the bird that just dropped.

For the enemies with 3 pieces of armor, do the following - Y, Y, B - the always counter your third Y attack, but they will be grabbed. Launch them at a wall to smash the third piece.

Maintaining a chain is also helpful as you get the fire talons, which hurts enemies as they fall or fly around.

I believe this game is extremely easy to 1000. Achievement difficulty is just that - how difficult are the achievements. These aren't difficult. You will get all 950 in one playthrough, the other 3 times are for the final achievement. I stand by my 2/10. I gave it a 2 only because I had to retry a couple levels - mainly the ones that required protecting birds.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just got my last gold medal on bonus missions, definitely it's not a walk in park, the gold medals are extremely unbalanced. Speed Flying medals are fine, not too much time, not too little. Owlet Rescue and Bombing are jokes, you get twice the amount of time needed to finish them. But the Surival medals are hard. The last one again was the easiest of all since you have 16 minutes and the fight most of time goes to a high place where you can use the dive attack to instant kill the Hagsfiends.

But again, extremely unbalanced, you gotta get good on the combat to pass the mission with a gold and everything else is a joke.

It's not a hard game, not at all, but it has some frustrating parts like I said, because 90% of the game is really easy and suddenly you get to a mission that's not so easy to master. Now I pretty much just have to finish the game 3 more times to get my full 1000.

All in all, it's a pretty good title, decent gameplay, decent graphics, a TON of slowdown on the downside. I just expected it to be a walk in the park before starting and in the end it wasn't, but overall, pretty simple game to 1000.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #11
Kryxx

Kryxx 07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demi View Post

Put the Win in Wingman 20
Use your Wingmen 20 times

Wingmen are allies you can launch out at enemies, when you have some Prowess built up (the yellow bar). To get Prowess, divebomb towards the ground, or grab the various coins. Target an enemy, and tap RB to launch your Wingmen. Wingmen cannot attack armored enemies. You will get up to 3 Wingmen over the course of the story.
I am pretty sure that you must use your Wingmen 20 times within one mission, to acquire this Achievement. I used my Wingmen way more than 20 times throughout my playthrough, but did not acquire the Achievement until I was trying to complete a mission using only Wingmen.
Kryxx is offline   Reply With Quote