PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
The Dauntless

The Dauntless's Gamercard
Question Whats hardcore mode like?

Just wondering if someone with the game who has played both modes could compare them please.

Im not sure if I should start right away on hardcore or save it for a 2nd play through.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'll save it for a 2nd playthrough because I will be better prepared.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
jasonjuk

jasonj uk's Gamercard
im playing through on hardcore and it aint much more difficult than it was on fallout 3!
jasonjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
Oddish

It's not more difficult, only incredibly annoying after a while. Constantly having to eat, drink and sleep.
Oddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 AM   #5
D 3 4 T H B 4 T

D 3 4 T H B 4 T's Gamercard
im going to save hardcore mode for my second playthrough as well
Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #6
Trakanon

Trakanon's Gamercard
My hardmode option is greyed out. I'm guessing you have to beat the game first on another setting before you can unlock it. Anyone know?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #7
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakanon View Post
My hardmode option is greyed out. I'm guessing you have to beat the game first on another setting before you can unlock it. Anyone know?
It gives you the option of hardcore mode right before you exit the doctors house at the very beginning
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjuk View Post
im playing through on hardcore and it aint much more difficult than it was on fallout 3!
There was no hard core mode in F3.

I assume the overall difficuilty is similar to F3? If so, then what difficuilty? Easy? Normal? Hard?

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
b1zarr0

b1zarr0's Gamercard
I pretty much played Fallout 3 in an unofficial variation of hardcore mode. I role played that my character needed to eat, drink and sleep. However I didn't factor in ammo weight and nerfed stimpaks. (played Fallout 3 on Normal difficulty)

so I will be playing on hardcore mode on the very easy difficulty because if there is weight to my ammo then I want things to fall down when I shoot them
b1zarr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
rubiq

rubiq's Gamercard
playing on Normal and HARDCORE atm..

Not difficult at all, loads of stimpacks about and weighted ammo hasnt been a problem, after all you get a perk around levl8 for 'strongback' carry 50lbs more stuff which helps..

Not sure what the punishment is for not sleeping/eating/drinking, regardless have been doing all the above anyway incase i end up dying or something grim later..
rubiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #11
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
i have crippled myself twice now which costs 50 caps a piece so it kinda blows but i can tell its going to make the game a bit more entertaining

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
OZI GAMER4
Banned User

zEViLvOV3RKiLLz's Gamercard
So doing Hadcore Mode 2nd playthrough
OZI GAMER4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #13
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
I've started my first playthrough (Normal, Hardcore) and so far, it's ok. Takes some getting used to. (With the Classic Pack, the canteen serves as an infinite water supply (So I think...?) so water isn't an issue.)

You just have to get used to it. I ran over a mine and screwed up all my limbs. Doctor's Bags heal all limbs, so when you find them, hold on to them! When fighting some guys, it seemed like they are more accurate on Hardcore mode. I would get shot once, and they would injure my arm, leg, etc instantly... so it just takes some getting used to, but nothing too hard.
shizomac is offline   Reply With Quote