PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #1
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Horrible loading times

Three times the game locked up on me completely, forcing me to restart the 360. Entering the outside world is more often than not accompanied by 20 seconds or so of the framerate slowing to an absolute slide show. Load times regularly hover between 25 and 50 seconds, in spite of a full hard drive installation.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/fa...-vegas-review/

Seriously? I finished Fallout 3 on PC and the loadings were a split second to a second and they were no longer than a couple of seconds when I played it on PS3 GOTY.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
LK Tien

LK Tien's Gamercard
One review = one person having problems. Remember that.

I'll only care when I see a flood on the forums.
LK Tien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've been watching a live stream tonight and the guy was popping in and out rooms without too much stress, sure there are loading times but nothing like that reviewer mentioned, maybe his console is dying.

Anyway, Fallout 5 by Bethesda, please..
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
ll Mr Bubbles ll

mine crashed once other than that its fine APART from the actual loading screens,. even after installing to hdd they are alot longer than fallout 3.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
Skillz4Killz

Skillz4Killz's Gamercard
It's only one review and his Xbox 360 is probably dieing lol
Skillz4Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
atannes

He's right, load times are a disaster. My current play time is 31.29.05 and that doesn't include load times and reloads from old saves after death.
atannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #7
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Bubbles ll View Post
mine crashed once other than that its fine APART from the actual loading screens,. even after installing to hdd they are alot longer than fallout 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atannes View Post
He's right, load times are a disaster. My current play time is 31.29.05 and that doesn't include load times and reloads from old saves after death.
Damn you Obsidian
Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #8
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Tien View Post
One review = one person having problems. Remember that.

I'll only care when I see a flood on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz4Killz View Post
It's only one review and his Xbox 360 is probably dieing lol
From Giant Bomb (that's another review):

The game--a retail disc running on a new-model Xbox 360--crashed on me about a dozen times over the 33 hours I spent playing, often taking a significant amount of progress with it. The load times and frame rate seemed to get randomly worse as I continued to play the game, with some simple scene transitions taking 20 seconds or more. The technical hurdles you'll have to make to stay interested in New Vegas are meaner and more frustrating than any Deathclaw or Nightkin you'll face in the game. If you're the type of person who likes to watch for a patch or two before settling into a game, know this now: you probably don't want to play Fallout: New Vegas right away.

http://www.giantbomb.com/fallout-new...25933/reviews/
Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #9
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy

XMXHITMANXMX's Gamercard
People= the PC is a lot tougher than the Xbox, the only problem with companies is that they don't give the full support to the PC, they're Gambling in which console their game will be better in. lame>_<.. so no comparing.
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #10
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy View Post
People= the PC is a lot tougher than the Xbox, the only problem with companies is that they don't give the full support to the PC, they're Gambling in which console their game will be better in. lame>_<.. so no comparing.
Gamble? X360 over PS3, coding is way easier but Obsidian fucked it up.

by the way, the loading and crashing seems so frequent on all copies, how the fuck could they release a game like that unnoticed?!
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
atannes

If we are lucky there will be a launch day patch or something soon.
atannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #12
Dead Soulja

Dead Soulja96's Gamercard
My game is not installed because I sent my HD back to Microsoft to be fixed and the loading times are not that bad so far and the game has not crashed on me yet.

I'm playing it on a Slim system.

Dead Soulja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
Try installing it? I installed mine and the load screens only last about 5 seconds. The game froze my Xbox once earlier, but other than that, its been fine.
shizomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
DethReaper420

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
Three times the game locked up on me completely, forcing me to restart the 360. Entering the outside world is more often than not accompanied by 20 seconds or so of the framerate slowing to an absolute slide show. Load times regularly hover between 25 and 50 seconds, in spite of a full hard drive installation.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/fa...-vegas-review/

Seriously? I finished Fallout 3 on PC and the loadings were a split second to a second and they were no longer than a couple of seconds when I played it on PS3 GOTY.
Umm dude i dont kno what your problem is but I didnt experience ANY shitty loading times last night when i was playing

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
DethReaper420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
ThingontheFloor

ThingontheFloor's Gamercard
I've played the game through completion and really started noticing the load times about halfway through. It feels like eventually you start unlocking so much of the map, that every time you need to reload to a new area, it has to reload everything and take foreeeeeeeever. Load times are definitely a bummer near the end, and I've experienced at least 5-6 hard locks that required a restart of my 360.

Installed on an a new 360 model console, too. Still shouldn't detract from what is otherwise a great game, but the technical problems definitely bog it down some. I expect it to be a common complaint.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I must be one of the lucky ones. Granted, I only have like 6 hours on it so far, but I have yet to experience any freezing or crashing, and the loading times aren't terrible. (i mean, c'mon though. it's a freaking large, open world game. Loading times aren't going to be lightning quick) And I don't even have it installed onto my hard drive yet.

I think the only real problem that I have had, is that I haven't had enough time to play it yet, haha.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizomac View Post
Try installing it? I installed mine and the load screens only last about 5 seconds. The game froze my Xbox once earlier, but other than that, its been fine.
I am going to install it the second I can leave work and pick it up, anyone know how big the install is?

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Ink129

Ink129's Gamercard
About the freezing issues:

There are even complete game freezes, usually after prolonged play sessions, though Bethesda assures us that this is a known issue and a day-one patch will fix it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-review?page=3

So hopefully this will be fixed in a few days. Only I'm guessing it will be Obsidian who'll be doing the fixing and not Bethesda. The loading times will probably stay the same I'm afraid. I've read a couple of reviews now and most of them mentions long loading times, which only gets longer the farther into the game you get...

But who cares - it's a new Fallout game
Old 10-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
OH my gd! the one thing we fall out fans ask the developer hey how about you come out with a game that doesnt freeze or lock up, wait whats this you say only a few people will get this problem, well Fu#$ you, make a game that will run for everyone and that is a finished and polished product! come on this is pissing me off! if i play and it freezes !
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #20
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy

XMXHITMANXMX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
Gamble? X360 over PS3, coding is way easier but Obsidian fucked it up.

by the way, the loading and crashing seems so frequent on all copies, how the fuck could they release a game like that unnoticed?!
don't rush your talk if you didn't understand what i was talking about.
first this is an Xbox website, who the hell mentioned anything about the ps3?
i was talking about how people compare the Xbox with the PC software that seems to be dreadful, PC doesn't have any limits, games were designed by the PC, so if your PC has a high Specifications, then there is no way in hell the game would crush..
and besides these certain problems that some of the users encounter have reasons, maybe because they didn't installed the game, or whatever else.
because some of them didn't even encounter them.
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
b1zarr0

b1zarr0's Gamercard
Ive only logged 7.5 hours thus far....also I installed it to the hard drive and...

the load times are at least way better than dead rising 2. and entering/exiting buildings only seems to take but 3-5 seconds.

In my time thus far Ive had the game freeze on me twice....thankfully both were but a minute or 2 after I manually saved (and Im manually saving often for Ive read much about this game's technical glitches.
b1zarr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #22
jwmc1971

NaTaS 1971's Gamercard
i play about 10 hours a day and it freezes 4 or 5 times . sometimes its door im going through or it just feels like it . i have a cooler on my xbox and its 73 in here .

64 games 100% and counting
jwmc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
Till

Send a message via AIM to Till Send a message via MSN to Till Send a message via Skype™ to Till

SIipknot's Gamercard
Before I installed new vegas to my HDD it was seriously freezing once an hour and it seemed like the loading screens were at least a minute or a minute and a half. After installing it to the HDD it only freezes once a day and the loading times are better.

Till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
rowain

Toaster Ham's Gamercard
It shouldn't be a huge surprise, Obsidian ALWAYS releases buggy games, typically sequels to less buggy games.

Knights of the Old Republic 2, WAAAAAAAAY buggier than the original KOTOR which Bioware made.

Neverwinter Nights 2 literally took over 15 patches to fix basic bugs that were in at retail. When you're 15 full size patches in and your bug fix list is STILL like 40 items long for a singleplayer RPG, you've made a buggy product. NWN1, which Bioware made in house, had bugs but certainly not as bad as NWN2.

Obsidian's original game, Alpha Protocol? Yeah, if you've ever played that, you know exactly how insanely buggy it was.

So I'm not surprised that New Vegas turned out as buggy as it did. I've never played an Obsidian developed game that wasn't. That said, I haven't experienced the massive issues many people have, so my experience has been fairly smooth so far.
rowain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #25
PnutButrSkippy

PnutButrSkippy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
mine only locked up once, but unfortunately it was saving and corrupted the auto save. hadnt saved it in about 5 hours either. was kinda mad starting at level 2 again. at least i made up some of the time last night tho.

loading times are terrific now that i installed it to the hd.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #26
Ferocious
Banned User

To be honest the load times have been fine and I didn't install the game. There was a bit of time where they were longer than usual and then it eventually froze when it should have been auto-saving and so I rebooted, deleted that corrupt auto-save and it's been smooth/fast again since. Try rebooting, deleting your auto-save, and getting a new auto-save without doing much while it's saving. Maybe it gets glitched if you try to bring up menus, pipboy, etc.. and causes in-game lag. At least that's what seemed to happen for me and that's how I fixed it. You may have a completely different issue, however it doesn't hurt to try so I figured I'd share that.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #27
HorukuDark

HorukuDark's Gamercard
I installed in on my HDD right away. Loading times have been no worse than Fallout 3, averaging pretty consistantly at about 5-10 seconds. In about 10 hours of gameplay, one freeze upon exiting a building in the southern NCR Outpost. This didn't corrupt the auto-save file. Wiped my chache, things are going great.

Suggestion though for those prone to bugs though; save every 3-4 minutes, and have two files. Save on the "second" one each time so you'll have a backup file. The "second" one will always be the lower numbered save, so it's easy to remember which is which.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #28
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

One thing I discovered on Oblivion, the more of the outside world you disturb, ie leave stuff laying around where it wasn't originally, the longer the load times when transitioning. Also depends on how much of the map you've uncovered as well, I'm sure.

Rowain, I don't think its an obsidian problem. I played Alpha Protocol 7 times fully through and experienced 2 glitches which weren't major at all.

BTW, no long load times here and I run off the disc...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #29
Joel2211

Joel Arocho's Gamercard
I installed the game on my 360 and not once have I had a problem yet, Also the loading times do not seem bad at all. The only problem with this game from my play through are the random glitches like people running into walls and getting stuck in tables.

Joel2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
Elit3Ski11s

Elit3Ski11s's Gamercard
my loading times are almost nil, and im playing off the DVD.

Make sure you have some space on your HDD. Also, i read somewhere that your Xbox Generation makes a difference too. 1st gen has loading issues.

Elit3Ski11s is offline   Reply With Quote