PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
ShaneForWax

Send a message via AIM to ShaneForWax Send a message via Yahoo to ShaneForWax Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneForWax

HouseMDfan's Gamercard
Known Glitches

Post your glitches here.

Keep away from the mountainous areas. Plenty of spots you can fall through. Don't try to climb over them. Just keep to the flat land. Other than that, nothing major to report yet.

-Sig by GSDragon-
Harry: Shane's a what? Shane is an... ex-con, a murderer, perhaps! Oh, god, please tell me you're not heterosexual!
Shane: I'm a girl. Female. Harry.
Official Xbox LIVE Ambassador and GamerchiX
My Beta Participation: Frontlines Fuel of War, COD4, COD W@W, Medal of Honor, BLUR, Xbox LIVE preview, Xbox Xpert, Full House Poker, Zuma Blitz (Facebook), Dragon Age Legends
ShaneForWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i once saw a scorpion crawling through the ground , even when i killed it in vats it seemed to fall beneath the floor into a black hole.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
CRNBRD

CRNBRD's Gamercard
As soon as I exited the Doc's house I went up to the gas station. Once there I jumped on top of the pickup truck in the bay and got stuck up there. My game froze twice while entering/leaving Chet (the merchants) place.

CRNBRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Skillz4Killz

Skillz4Killz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRNBRD View Post
As soon as I exited the Doc's house I went up to the gas station. Once there I jumped on top of the pickup truck in the bay and got stuck up there. My game froze twice while entering/leaving Chet (the merchants) place.
I got stuck on the truck too. WTF?
Skillz4Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Tragik T

Tragik T's Gamercard
The pair of Geckos in the beginning that are fighting that random women, were stuck in a rock..
Tragik T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
OZI GAMER4
Banned User

zEViLvOV3RKiLLz's Gamercard
A game like this is crawling with them
OZI GAMER4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
lostanfoundit

Lostanfoundit's Gamercard
After leaving the Doc's house i saw 2 of those ram things inside each other like X hahaha didnt move the whole time.
lostanfoundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Matter92

Send a message via AIM to Matter92

Matter92's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I had the many things underground. Usually happens when you're on a slope. Also, I had a radscorpion that wouldn't die. Eventually it died after I shot it in its front right claw. It was living and attacking with no health for quite a while. Also, like in FO3, I haven encountered the glitch of getting stuck in a corner.

Matter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
TheTenthPlague

TheTenthPlague's Gamercard
The only things I've been seeing were NPC's and such part of the way in things like the ground, walls, etc.

P.S.

@Skillz4Killz
Roll Tide Roll baby!
TheTenthPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Sometimes my gun will just no fire. I will hit the button and it wont fire then 3 seconds later the gun will fire faster to compensate.

People seem to be getting stuck in random places, when i first went to the saloon, a guy was stuck inside the bar. The same goes for enemies. Ive seen scorpions stuck face first in the ground.

I have gotten stuck in random locations and had to reload

Ive had the game freeze many times

Loading times are sometimes unbearable.

All and all, i dont mind these setbacks, i still really like this game.
FPS GLIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I think the presence of glitches is substantially reduced if you install the game instead of just playing from the disk. I know that was true with Fallout 3. Besides the odd radscorpion getting stuck between a rock and a hill when chasing me (not complaining), I haven't really had any issues. Just a thought. I think the load times are reduced a bit too.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm not sure if it's just this one mod or all of them ...

But I recommend NOT putting any mods on the Classic Pack Weathered 10mm Pistol. I put a laser sight on it, and it totally broke the gun - it turned it into one of those huge exclamation points error things (people who played Fallout 3 might remember them from the broken version of the Pitt DLC).
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #13
Durdens Wrath

DURDENS WRATH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZI GAMER4 View Post
A game like this is crawling with them
More like, it's an Obsidian game. Glitches are par for the course. Hopefully they finally managed to finish a game (historically Obsidian has never once completely finished a game that has their name on it. Most recently Alpha Protocol).

Note: I did buy the game, I'm only starting out.
Durdens Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #14
Frost007

FI20ST's Gamercard
I've had numerous enemies stuck in objects, not complaining since I didn't have to fight them.
Frost007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #15
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

game froze on me once already, in the first 15 minutes.

just like old times!
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #16
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
The first Gecko I saw was already dead. I'm assuming a wanderer killed it, but for now, I'm blaming the aliens.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #17
jaysquared2

jaysquared2's Gamercard
During the "Come Fly With Me" quest, one of the optional parts hasn't completed regardless of how many times I go to the marker and complete the required steps. Pip Boy will still show it as incomplete.

I've also been attacked by a group of NCR troopers while roaming around in just a plain old jumpsuit and I'm neutral with them. No idea why they attacked me. I'm assuming it was a glitch as I ran and fast traveled, came back and they left me alone.
jaysquared2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #18
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
i hear rattling noises around metal objects very annoying
Old 10-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #19
gerryb10

gerryb10's Gamercard
There is a speech glitch involving Mister House which nets you 39 xp a go, got a few level ups out of it.

gerryb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #20
GS17259

GS17259's Gamercard
for some reason all the goodsprings big horns were in the gas station with Ringo, was funny reloaded and it was fine.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 AM   #21
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Did everyone run to the gas station right after leaving doc's and try to jump up on the truck??? I thought I was the only silly one around...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 AM   #22
paulee90

borring6469's Gamercard
I couldnt fire my gun anymore and it would just fire by itself. And when I had a melee weapon it would keep going by itself without me pressing a button. I'm so pissed, 4 hours in and now I have to start over because I only had one save file and it autosaved. I'm debating waiting for a patch to come out because this game is broken and glitchy and thats even with the game being installed to my hard drive
Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 (1355/1355), Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (1000/1250), Borderlands (1075/1750), CSI: Hard Evidence, Bully: Scholarship Edition, L.A. Noire (1400/1400) Madden 09&11, Fable II (1265/1350) Fallout 3 (1550/1550), WWE Legends, NCAA Football 10&11, Assassin's Creed II, WWE:SVR 2010, SVR 2011

100% Arcade:
Soul Calibur,Dash of Destruction
paulee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:04 AM   #23
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
I've have the Pip-Boy pull up offscreen when I was trying to select something, making it impossible. It seems to happen sometimes if I'm crouching. But it hasn't happened for a while.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #24
Channel 8 News

Channel 8 News's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulee90 View Post
I'm so pissed, 4 hours in and now I have to start over because I only had one save file and it autosaved. I'm debating waiting for a patch to come out because this game is broken and glitchy and thats even with the game being installed to my hard drive
Don't keep only one save file. You are allotted 100. You should use them all. Just in case.
Channel 8 News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #25
duelingk

Duelingk's Gamercard
Tons of suttering, fps issues everywhere, random npcs with very bad pathing, enemies randomly reset health, randomly getting one shotted on normal mode normal diff, character animations bugging out (holding the vermint weapon usually; the posistion of your hands and rifle climbs the screen temporarily, your hands and gun disappear for a second, animations dont animate but just teleport randomly).

Very, very buggy game but fun. Havent had a freeze up yet, thank god.
duelingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #26
stv-lo

stvlo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS17259 View Post
for some reason all the goodsprings big horns were in the gas station with Ringo, was funny reloaded and it was fine.
You should have gotten a picture of that one.

The one's I've found so far were: Geckos will run away from you, and act like you don't exist, if you climb onto a rock; a Bighorn was stuck straddling a fence in Goodsprings; my game froze as soon as I put it in, but since then nothing. If you're relying on autosave, check your settings often. I started with inverted y-axis, reconfigured button layout, and on hardcore mode. I turned the XBox off after a couple of hours, went watched tv for an hour, came back and it was standard button layout, noninverted y-axis, and it was back on normal. Threw me off big time and most likely affected that achievement.
Too many 'In Progress' to list
stv-lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:20 AM   #27
brettsk8

Send a message via MSN to brettsk8

Brettsk8's Gamercard
same here, I tried reloading a save a few times because I kept dying in a tight situation, then the gun fired by itself... I would pull my pip boy up and the gun would fire automaticly, I cant shoot now... tried dropping all my weapons and picking them back up, Cant even pick them back up and now my character just keeps punching....... 4 hours in....
brettsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #28
Elm

Hassan4's Gamercard
I had a deahtclaw super jump over an obstacle that he had no right jumping over. He proceeded to punch me in my face and I died. Hardcore is serious business
Elm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #29
Mrs Allen86

Mrs Allen86's Gamercard
I think coming from the starter town to Primm, as you're being shot at by convicts, one was actually dangling high in the air with no solid ground beneath him. It was hilarious.

Mrs Allen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #30
Clockwerk0range

Clockwerk0range's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulee90 View Post
I couldnt fire my gun anymore and it would just fire by itself. And when I had a melee weapon it would keep going by itself without me pressing a button. I'm so pissed, 4 hours in and now I have to start over because I only had one save file and it autosaved. I'm debating waiting for a patch to come out because this game is broken and glitchy and thats even with the game being installed to my hard drive
I had to stop playing right now because I am suffering from this glitch as well. This is definitely something that needs to be patched since the game is now unplayable.

Clockwerk0range is offline   Reply With Quote