PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #31
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
A few times recently, my equipped weapon disappears from sight. It still fires, but it's basically impossible to aim outside of VATS until the gun magically reappears. Only happened a few times, and the console was pretty warm, so I'm not sure if this will be a continuing problem.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #32
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulee90 View Post
I couldnt fire my gun anymore and it would just fire by itself. And when I had a melee weapon it would keep going by itself without me pressing a button. I'm so pissed, 4 hours in and now I have to start over because I only had one save file and it autosaved. I'm debating waiting for a patch to come out because this game is broken and glitchy and thats even with the game being installed to my hard drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwerk0range View Post
I had to stop playing right now because I am suffering from this glitch as well. This is definitely something that needs to be patched since the game is now unplayable.
Seems like you guys are not alone and it is a pretty bad glitch.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...t-stop-firing/

I was really looking forward to this game, but 95% of people are saying it is filled with bugs/glitches. I might have to wait for a patch before I get it, I can already tell from the sounds of it I will get mad at the game.

Last edited by Fishman; 10-20-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #33
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So this just happened. I exited the door to the Mojave wasteland in the Helios one base (door by Ignacio) and right outside of it, there to greet me was the old lady from the scrapyard and her three dogs. I can talk/trade with her.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #34
Specko

Specko's Gamercard
The NCR started attacking me for no reason. I'm neutral with them and the Legion. Weapon holstered and no enemy apparel. As soon as they start attacking me and even if I don't fight back, the rest of the area NPC's join in on shooting me in the face.
Specko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #35
ShaneForWax

Send a message via AIM to ShaneForWax Send a message via Yahoo to ShaneForWax Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneForWax

HouseMDfan's Gamercard
At some point my screen went completely black and wouldn't come back. I had to restart my console which somehow corrupted my autosave file. :/

-Sig by GSDragon-
Harry: Shane's a what? Shane is an... ex-con, a murderer, perhaps! Oh, god, please tell me you're not heterosexual!
Shane: I'm a girl. Female. Harry.
Official Xbox LIVE Ambassador and GamerchiX
My Beta Participation: Frontlines Fuel of War, COD4, COD W@W, Medal of Honor, BLUR, Xbox LIVE preview, Xbox Xpert, Full House Poker, Zuma Blitz (Facebook), Dragon Age Legends
ShaneForWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #36
SP3CTOR LARGO

SP3CTOR LARGO's Gamercard
Dont jump onto any tables. I have a habit of jumping onto tables instead of going around them. On the Come Fly With Me quest, I jumped on a table in the basement and couldn't get off no matter what I did Didn't know the main character had a SEVERE fear of hights.....

CURRENT GAMES:

Fallout: New Vegas
lvl. 20 Very Good Saint

27/50 Achievements

Halo: Reach
Major Grade 1
43/49 Achievements

Dead Rising 2
lvl. 32 in Overtime Mode
17/50 Achievements
SP3CTOR LARGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #37
FakeJamaican

modestmouse007's Gamercard
sent Lily back to the Lucky 38....now she's gone... no achievement for me.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #38
thereefernander

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
So this just happened. I exited the door to the Mojave wasteland in the Helios one base (door by Ignacio) and right outside of it, there to greet me was the old lady from the scrapyard and her three dogs. I can talk/trade with her.
She wasn't at the junkyard when I went back there.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #39
FakeJamaican

modestmouse007's Gamercard
im pretty sure I ran into a game-ender. Im doing the mission where you have to get the chip back from Benny at the Fort. Problem is, I get to the dock to go to the fort (my waypoint says to go here), and when I go to the fort and fight the legion fellas, the waypoint tells me to go back to the dock with the boat. WTF? where is Benny. I'm 30 hours into this and this one issue might shelf NV until after Xmas.

Plus my previous mention of telling characters to go to the Lucky 38, and them not appearing, nor are they at their original location.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:51 AM   #40
thereefernander

Something kinda frustrating. After continously reloading trying to sneak attack all of the Ghouls in Vault 34 (the officers mostly because they wouldn't die without a sneak sniper to the face)ALL of my files did this thing where when I loaded it it fired the equipped gun once and then disabled ALL firing afterwards. Nothing happened when I pulled RT, even in VATS. The targets went through in VATS but when I accepted it he just sat there without shooting. Entering and exiting the area did not help. After I restarted my console it was all fixed.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #41
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
it turned it into one of those huge exclamation points error things (people who played Fallout 3 might remember them from the broken version of the Pitt DLC).
xD
Sounds like Obsidian need to download FOSE

I've just started playing and I've already had a fair number of glitches though.

I loaded an autosave and it seemed to completely disable the right analogue stick, thankfully I had a save that worked right near to it.

Also noticed just before I stopped playing that there's literally only 3 people in the entire starting town.
Houses, the bar and all that are completely empty, surely that has to be a glitch.

The controller sensitivity, I'm counting it as a glitch that it's set to the highest and it feels like the lowest in a normal game.

My jumping has messed up a few times meaning that I can't jump.
(It's like the table jumping that SP3CTOR LARGO mentioned only not just on tables, it happens anywhere).

I seen somebody else mention it, but I didn't think it was a glitch at first, now it seems like it was though.
I seen a couple of guys in the wasteland and they just started firing on me for no reason. I've just started, surely I can't have pissed off factions already. (Gun holstered, neutral clothing).

I can understand perfectly fine that a massive RPG will have glitches, but this game seems almost unplayable because of them.
Feels like if you don't get one now, you'll get one later that will kill your game.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #42
blackbrainCL

blackbrainCL's Gamercard
when I travel with Veronica trying to make her quest mission in a middle of travel to Vault 22 EDE appears (because i lost him) and stop me and one guy of the Brotherthood named Lazaro (i think) hacks EDE and wants to examine it. When he stops to speak my character cant move. Only the star button, LB and camera stick responds...
Old 10-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #43
blackbrainCL

blackbrainCL's Gamercard
And when you give the Space Suit Helmet (to Veronica in my case) sometimes she lose her hair.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #44
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've been lucky, not had many glitches since I lasted posted.

One though that hasn't vanished is a travelling merchant at the NCR outpost on the hill in the SW corner has cards for sale, but when I try and buy them my game freezes.
Not a big deal though, I've won my 30 games of Caravan already.

Then there's just the little bits like the game freezes when try to cross roads at certain points, but walk a minute down the road and it'll be fine, so again, no big deal.

One thing though that is a little annoying is all the invisible walls. I seem to be constantly running into them at places.

It's an amazingly good game when it works, hopefully it'll work for a good time longer =/
Old 10-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #45
H4rdc0r3pl4y4

H4rdc0r3pl4y3r's Gamercard
as soon as you save that deputy in Primm and get the city up and running again you could buy lets say.. 100 chips and sell them again, but the chips are still in your inventory
H4rdc0r3pl4y4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #46
IXV WAR VXI

IXV WAR VXI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rdc0r3pl4y4 View Post
as soon as you save that deputy in Primm and get the city up and running again you could buy lets say.. 100 chips and sell them again, but the chips are still in your inventory
Patched....

IXV WAR VXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #47
Led

asix demon baga's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm not sure if it's just this one mod or all of them ...

But I recommend NOT putting any mods on the Classic Pack Weathered 10mm Pistol. I put a laser sight on it, and it totally broke the gun - it turned it into one of those huge exclamation points error things (people who played Fallout 3 might remember them from the broken version of the Pitt DLC).
Good to know! Thanks!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #48
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

As far as glitches that affect the game (in the spirit I believe this thread was started), you can get locked out of the Strip. Don't know what triggers it, but there are 2 solutions.

This first is using a Stealth Boy/Sneak attack to kill one of the robots outside the gate then search their "body" for the key. It can't be pickpocketed though, the game treats it just like you're trying to talk to them.

The second solution is to go to Camp McCarren and use the monorail to get to the city. This method is fine, but if the NCR is any less than in love with you you'll be shot at for approaching the door to the monorail station. You can just run past them if you're planning on using that playthrough to help them, once you go through the door they won't follow you and the NCR on the other end won't be hostile for you being in the station. If you're not worried about what they think of you you can just kill them.

Hope this helps cut down on all the "I'm locked out of the strip" threads.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #49
Hoborg
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
She wasn't at the junkyard when I went back there.
Same crap happened to me except they are all dead (I guess I started killing when I saw those dogs). God damn that's annoying.

Also, during "put a spell on you" I can't access the bomb on the monorail. It leaves every time. I've tried skipping the part where you talk to Hsu but to no avail.

FIX YOUR BROKEN MESS OBSIDIAN.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #50
Sihr

Not sure how I'm getting past my current freeze / crash bug. I'm with the sniper companion coming out of Novac, which is probably incidental, but I'm carrying a fair load of weapons to sell. My next big sale is going to put me at the 10,000 credits challenge/achievement, and every time I hit it the game just flat out freezes and I have to reboot.

I guess I can just get through the game never selling any items again, right? Pfft, definitely putting this game down for Fable III or the Undead Nightmare DLC for RDR this week.
Sihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #51
akuma66676

akuma061905's Gamercard
my game gliched and now the right stick will not work in game. it works on the map screen but i cant turn around or look up and down.wtf?
akuma66676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #52
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
I think the presence of glitches is substantially reduced if you install the game instead of just playing from the disk. I know that was true with Fallout 3. Besides the odd radscorpion getting stuck between a rock and a hill when chasing me (not complaining), I haven't really had any issues. Just a thought. I think the load times are reduced a bit too.
I have the game installed and it's still a glitchfest.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's just this one mod or all of them ...

But I recommend NOT putting any mods on the Classic Pack Weathered 10mm Pistol. I put a laser sight on it, and it totally broke the gun - it turned it into one of those huge exclamation points error things (people who played Fallout 3 might remember them from the broken version of the Pitt DLC).
Yeah this happened to me too, So I don't even use my weathered 10mil anymore. It's collecting dust in my hotel room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
game froze on me once already, in the first 15 minutes.

just like old times!
I've had this game freeze on my so many times...worst part of this game is when the bastard freezes.

Also in a metro tunnel right by the Boomers airforce base towards the middle of the tunnel (which has a very hard lock on the entrance and exit door btw) there is a set of stairs that go into a room. Well the stairs are a portal to no where. You fall right through and warp back to the entrance. The ghouls all fall in and never come back. I tried jumping over, or ledge creeping to get in the room but no good. I just keep falling through and ending up back at the entrance. I kept a separate save file right there so I can make a video, because honestly I think it's kinda funny.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #53
Coorhagon

Coorhagon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS GLIMMER View Post
Sometimes my gun will just no fire. I will hit the button and it wont fire then 3 seconds later the gun will fire faster to compensate.
Also had that happen alot and also...

Locks not appearing in Lockpick minigame, freezing, enemies stuck in the ground, the vit'o'meter (or whatever the stat machine is called) not showing the visuals (stat levels) but still able to move the stats up and down, going into vats and just watching my character just stand there and not do anything ( no buttons would work) until I died, etc. Also at Camp McCarran area my game has been skipping where it will temp freeze them jump to where I would have been if I continued walking.

But the worst was when I tried to fast travel one time my screen went black except for a single grayish line about 1/10 from the bottom of the screen and there was this extremely loud high pitched beep and my whole system shut off.

Last edited by Coorhagon; 10-25-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Coorhagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #54
ROBi816

I ROBi I's Gamercard
I've had continuous game freezes and I've installed it on my HD thinking that might be the issue. That's been my biggest headache since playing this. I actually had 3 within 45 min of each other; two were when I was buying bullets off of a caravan and the third was when I was leaving a building (the saloon in Boulder City). I have had alot of hanging games on leaving buildings and awaking after being SLP deprived. They've already kicked out an update, I installed and got the same crap. Cleared the cache and played without the update and it's been a little better. I even through in Fable to see if there were any issues with the console and I've had no issues so far with it.

SHOOT INFORMANTS, NOT DRUGS...
ROBi816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #55
CodeMyster003

CodeMyster003's Gamercard
Buying the:
10 of Spades - Ultra-Luxe
2 of Hearts
8 of Hearts - Lucky 38
8 of Spades - Gomorrah
from the Traveling Merchant at Mojave Outpost will freeze the game.
All other items are fine including the cards not listed here.
CodeMyster003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:45 AM   #56
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

I was finishing up the 'That Lucky Old Sun' mission, after I alligned the mirrors and turned on the tower, and my pip-boy turned bright blue. I could not read anything on it at all. I thought I got a heavy dose of radiation and it was causing some technical difficulties but after 10 minutes or so I loaded up my last save and it was all good.

I have had the game lag in a few spots and even got stuck once in a truck but just loading past saves fixed it.

They could never fix the glitches in this game and I would still love playing every minute of it! By the way I think the deathclaws are like 10x's harder then in FO3
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:59 AM   #57
Trickster008

ITrickster008I's Gamercard
This one is driving me crazy... Just east of Raul's shack there is a short tunnel and you need 100 lockpick to get in from either side and there is only one room in there and when you start to enter it you fall through the ground!!!! are you kidding me som1 plz test this see if its for everybody
Trickster008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #58
MisterUgly

Mister Ugly's Gamercard
I've had the disappearing guns glitch and the moving gun hand thing happen too but what just happened to me takes the cake. Every NPC on the strip suddenly went hostile and came after me. I went to reload my save since i've had that happen before at an NCR post but when i went to load the save it told me that my DLC was unavailable and if i load the save some items might not be available. I dont really care so i load the save anyway and then it tells me that it cant find my hard drive. Its doing this for every save i have.
I've tried deleting the DLC and redownloading so far but no dice. I'm gonna try a few other things in the morning. I knew this game was going to be buggy but jesus.
MisterUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #59
A Silent Circus

Send a message via AIM to A Silent Circus

A Silent Circus's Gamercard
Ever since installing the patch the other day I can't even play the game, as soon as I hit RB the game instantly freezes and I have to restart my xbox, then when I fast travel same thing, and finally when I start heading towards Novac (I'm only a few hours into the game) it instantly freezes heading up the main road after leavin Nipton. Tryed installing to HD, uninstalling, playing with and without the patches both ways and the game just keeps freezing. It's pretty much unplayable right now.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #60
SquidMountain

Send a message via AIM to SquidMountain Send a message via MSN to SquidMountain

SquidMountain's Gamercard
A few of my experiences:
While talking with Mr. House the dialogue locked up and I couldn't select anything or exit the dialogue, but the game wasn't frozen since I could pause, reload, etc.

While on a computer terminal nothing showed up but I could still activate things, the noises would play when choosing an option and I could back out of it.

The weirdest one I have seen so far was, for some reason, whenever I zoomed in with a scoped weapon it would just show me a blank terminal, I could still fire but couldn't see anything.

SquidMountain is offline   Reply With Quote