PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #61
Schrutefarms

Schrutefarrms's Gamercard
has anyone had like extended loading times and the game just going incredibly slow and freezing up sometimes?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #62
FFBADD

The Willits's Gamercard
I'm sure there is a mention of this somewhere on this topic but after completing the quest involving Helios One, you can repeatedly talk to the brown haired scientist and get 350 or so experience.
FFBADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #63
tmacairjordan87

tmacairjordan87's Gamercard
First let me note that I've played the game for about 29 hours and the only problem I had before now was 1 random freeze (playing on 360, installed to HD)

But now I've come across my first huge bug. Everytime I encounter the Brotherhood of Steel at Hidden Valley, right after I tell the guy I will comply, the game freezes. No matter what I do, it freezes (and yes I tried clearing the cache).

It's very frustrating because I really wanted to talk to them, but this seems like an on-disc problem that can't be solved until a patch comes.
tmacairjordan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #64
matt shaw man

matt shaw man's Gamercard
Ive just had the odd enemies stuck in the ground thing. The game hasnt frozen on me yet and i havnt gotten stuck anywhere (touch wood).

One strange thing i did experience was last night on hardcore mode(which was a bonus really). I played for about 3 hours and the sleep meter was constantly at 0 except it didnt even say 0 there was no number and it didnt move. food and drink continued to increase as i played but no sleep and i didnt have any effect from any food items active. When i loaded it up this morning it was back to working again.
matt shaw man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #65
Nekrobutcher

BurlyNekro's Gamercard
I have experienced just about all of these. Most recently the hole in the floor inside the train tunnel. The next patch better make this game playable and the load screens a shorter duration. Grrrr.
Nekrobutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #66
Warden1972

Warden1972's Gamercard
Let's see...

1. Luckily I've only had one game freeze but that was when I tried to kill 4 or 5 geckos that occupied the same space.

2. I've been chased by critters that have fallen into the ground, but I'm amused by being chased by the top of a gecko head or a scorpion's stinger.

3. Several times I've fast-traveled only to have a nearby scorpion corpse teleport with me and embed itself in the ground, twitching. I'll always have one stuck in the dirt in front of the bar in Goodsprings.

4. My favorite is the infamous placeholder, though. Got mine after modding the Weathered 10mm with a laser scope.
Warden1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #67
shizomac

shizomac's Gamercard
At HELIOS, as I went to the area with the solar panels, as soon as the game loaded:

Three Mole Rats, Old Lady Gibson and her dogs just randomly appeared and started attacking me... haha, so I had to put them all down and it just became one of those "WTF?" moments.

It could have been that I used my Speech to make her kill her dog, Rey, so I could have his brain for Rex, but I have no clue. Haha. Some regret/grief?
shizomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #68
Tchort69

Tchort69's Gamercard
I had quite a unique one, I'd just left a random house south of New Vegas, soon as I left, auto-save kicked in, and my right analogue stick wouldn't work, so I couldn't look around.

I checked settings, inverted controls, changed the controller and nothing worked. I loaded up an earlier save and it worked entirely fine again. Just glad I saved 5 minutes earlier and not 2 hours earlier.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #69
JonnyNumber1

JonnyNumber1's Gamercard
I have a problem with the Thorn area. I paid to see a Fire Gecko fight some Fiends but they just stare at each other lol. Now the lady you ask to fight in the area just say's "Talk to me once the fight is over".
I jumped into the area to see if that would help but everyone just shot at me lol.

Edit - I managed to fix my problem. I used a chinese stealth suit with a stealth boy and shot the gecko with a silenced smg. This didn't give my postion away, once the gecko died the crowed cheered and I could finally talk to the woman again. So if your having trouble with enemies not attacking each other in Thorn try this, it worked for me first time.

Last edited by JonnyNumber1; 10-28-2010 at 02:51 AM.
JonnyNumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #70
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
train tunnel near the boomers home base, with a door locked requiring 100 lock-pick to pick, inside the only room can access has a glitched stair case leading into the room. this stair cash will drop you under the map (as well as anything else in the game, enemys, items, companions) and just place you back at the door...

it wont kill you, and it never crashed my game, but i assume if there is anything decent to be looted its in that room

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #71
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Been playing for a few hours and found:

-Fought some nightkin one time and they still stayed cloaked while attacking.

-If you convince Chris he's a ghoul in "come fly with me" and you complete the quest, he'll never go to Novac.

-Random creatures stuck in the ground.

-A random game crash after leaving the saloon in Goodsprings.

-Got stuck in some geometry in the mountains to the East.

-My movement fucked up and sometimes when I moved I was semi-stuck and unable to for a second or two. My gun also wouldn't shoot at times. Reloading my save fixed this.

Despite this shit, it's still a very fun game. I predicted that it was gonna blow Fallout 3 to the moon and I was right!

Last edited by Jet1337; 10-25-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Jet1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #72
eImPuLsEe

eImPuLsEe's Gamercard
play the game for 2 hrs then watch the load screen jus keep spinin
eImPuLsEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 AM   #73
aussiestatic
Banned User

can not fast travel to nipton at all. the game freezes up each time i try.
i have tried about fifty times now.

when i walk towards nipton it freezes. this game doesnt like that area.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:48 AM   #74
tazanator666

tazanator666's Gamercard
ive had the game freeze lots, ammo auto switches and doesnt switch back(have to unequip and then reequip), edd-e follows me but hes invisable so i cant send him away and get a new companion, guns shoot without pulling the trigger, arms dissapear, load tyms suck even loaded to the hard drive, the game is great i love the fallout series, the game just needs some major patches. its not going to stop me from playing it, its just dissapointing.
tazanator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #75
Dark Killa94

Dark Killa94's Gamercard
Ive encountered a one hell of a bug , so I've sided with the NCR the entire time (have them at Idolized) and ive been wearing the rangers veterans armor for a while now and I took it off for a bit and now all the NCR is hostile towards me and my last save is over 16 hours ago T_T god damn this shit

100%(including dlc): 40 so far

Want to boost Rainbow Six Vegas, G.R.A.W., Stranglehold, Darkness, Both F.E.A.R.s

Last edited by Dark Killa94; 10-26-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Dark Killa94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #76
PwcrLinux

PwcrLinux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Oh, yea.. glitch very weird, when the 'Fire Gecko" rocketed up toward the sky while I use a VATS to shoot a incrateration (Hellfire guns) throwing a flame at fire gecko. Fire Gecko died in the sky then falls onto ground lol!

PwcrLinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #77
Yusuke620

Yusuke620's Gamercard
This game is barely playable utter junk.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #78
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
This game freezes constantly for me, has horrible load times, lags like hell, and I've had just about every glitch in this thread multiple times. I really like this game, buts its damn near unplayable sometimes.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #79
Yusuke620

Yusuke620's Gamercard
Does anyone know what the update patched? If anything at all that is.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #80
Durdens Wrath

DURDENS WRATH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke620 View Post
Be nice if they had some release notes or something.

The bugs in this game are for the most part, inexcusable. Especially things like modding a weathered 10mm. It's like Obsidian did NO Quality testing, and rolled this thing out with their fingers crossed.

Obsidian's rep as a shitty developer (mainly for lack of real polish) is well earned by this point.
Durdens Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #81
illegalSAUCE

illegalSAUCE's Gamercard
I've had a few problems as of late...

1. my gun not showing up in first person - I have to pull out another gun and then pull out my original for it to show back up

2. animals and insects getting stuck or shaking really hard

3. All the caravaners, ALL the rangers and the NCR are hostile towards me for no reason!

4. Ridiculous loading times throughout game play

5. This game has froze on me more times that I can count on both my hands, but it usually freezes after I've played for more than 2 hours. Maybe that's a good thing?

They need to fix some of these problems ASAP! After I am done with my first play through, I don't want to start my second one with the NCR and Rangers already hostile towards me!
illegalSAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #82
CurlyNay

CurlyNay's Gamercard
When I first went to Boomer town and talked to the woman who was the leader, I then left her house and there were 5 kids all merged into 1. I then had to talk to them individually so they could be freed.
CurlyNay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #83
martnic

martnic's Gamercard
I've had plenty so far.

Enemies clipped into buildings/rocks. Had to restart my game 30 mins in becuase I ened up clipped into a building whilst meleeing an enemy in VATS.

Had the game freeze.

Near the quarry (sorry can't remember the place) ended up with a pair of binoculars stuck to the cross hairs!?!? came off 5mins later after fighting a few enemies.

NCP randomly appearing/disappearing, can be most annoying while sneaking.

Some terrible graphic 'pop in'. Would'nt mind but I've got it installed to the HD.

The real pain is the 'Black Screen of Loading', had 6 or 7 times now. Luckily had saves to go back to.

The gamebreaker black screen was at Gammoragh, I was unable to leave the building without it black screening everytime.
I ended up deleteing to patch and was able to leave the building and have'nt had one since.
martnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #84
tmacairjordan87

tmacairjordan87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke620 View Post
The patch was for a quick fix for a couple issues some people were having. I guess there was a DLC glitch or issue that plagued some people that was fixed by this, and the other note I saw from Obsidian was "general stability improvement".

Given that the game just came out, you're not going to see a major bug patch 2 days after release. They are working on more, bigger patches though.
tmacairjordan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #85
IRISH C4RN4GE

IRISH C4RN4GE's Gamercard
the amount of glitches in my game is pissing me off now.
these are the ones that i can remember
1. vats would not work for about three days for me.
2. at helios one when i went outside wehere the solar panels are old lady gibson and her dogs magically showed up and turned hostile, had to chin the bitch.
3. icant get BoS to give me power training, sided with the other guy. now all he says is come back in a few days, must be about about two weeks in game by now.
4.game locks up whenever i buy stuff from travelling merchant at mojave outpost.
5. game lags whenever i'm in mccarran field outside area, terminal building is fine.
6.when i fast travel to nellis i'm transparent only my pipboy can be seen, like ive used a stealth boy.
7. game keeps crashing when i'm in the thorn and my console is really hot.
8.loading screens soemtimes take about 3 minutes to load, especially when i'm in freeside.
9. some of my gear cant be equipped because it's apparently broken even when it's fully repaired.

these are just some that i can remember off the top of my head, oh and my game is installed to hard drive too.
why are obsidian still allowed to make games? someone please stop them from infilcitng this kind of punishment on gamers.
IRISH C4RN4GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 AM   #86
ShaneForWax

Send a message via AIM to ShaneForWax Send a message via Yahoo to ShaneForWax Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneForWax

HouseMDfan's Gamercard
I'm dealing with my gun not firing for a while then suddenly starting again.

-Sig by GSDragon-
Harry: Shane's a what? Shane is an... ex-con, a murderer, perhaps! Oh, god, please tell me you're not heterosexual!
Shane: I'm a girl. Female. Harry.
Official Xbox LIVE Ambassador and GamerchiX
My Beta Participation: Frontlines Fuel of War, COD4, COD W@W, Medal of Honor, BLUR, Xbox LIVE preview, Xbox Xpert, Full House Poker, Zuma Blitz (Facebook), Dragon Age Legends
ShaneForWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #87
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'll just list the shitty things that have made me hate this game.

• Seven crashes
• Everyone in New Vegas (Strip, Freeside, North Vegas) attacking me.
• Enemies clipping through the floor
• Weapons not firing unless I look down the sights
• Objective markers sending me in the wrong direction
• Random Kings member running up to me everytime I enter Freeside, saying nothing, then running off
• Randomly dropped all items while being attacked by Deathclaws
• Excessive loading times to get into Freeside.

I'll probably add some more to this pretty soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:22 AM   #88
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Two freezes after recruiting ED-E. Could be related, maybe not, who knows. It only started freezing for me after saving his stupid robot head.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:15 AM   #89
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
I was doing the Et Tumor, Brute? quest for caesar. Way way deep in vault 34 fighting off zombies and radiation when all of a sudden Boone and ED-E appears outta no where. Scared the hell outta me.

Bottom line...........they need to fix this shit fast
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #90
SaulAu92

i have had a few freezes , and heres a Strange one only if you know who the fantastic 4 are but i killed an enemy and his whole body/head/feet was strecthed out vry odd and after that he fell into the ground and took all the enemy with him it was like the ground was quick sand or something
this was near Sunset Sarsparilla HQ, which is East of Jacobs town The Legend of the Star Quest
Born n Bread

Last edited by SaulAu92; 10-28-2010 at 12:48 PM.
SaulAu92 is offline   Reply With Quote