Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
random mr x

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
running the show the even faster way...

along with my boosting partner i have worked out how to get running the show for 2 people from the lowest rank in 18 hours maximum.

these are the settings needed.

1v1 deathmatch
1 player(the attacker) as the prophet of regret
1 player(the builder) as anders

when the game starts if there are supply pads on the map get the builder to build a barracks as the first building then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the barracks is built build enough units to garrison inside the supply pads but dont send them yet.

during this time the attacker should build a temple first then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the prophet comes out attack the first base build a citadel on it and go to your original base build a scareb when the population goes up, then self destruct the base you just claimed. go to all other bases and kill them amnd the enemy and also kill the enemy at the supply pads.

communicate which additional bases are clear as they become clear for the builder to get there new bases built and when to garrison his troops in the supply pads

the above steps take as little as 6 minutes to have your scareb built and have all bases ready.

at around 9-10 minutes you can start attacking when the builder' resources are around 20k, position the scareb so that it destroys 2 or 3 buildings on the base and get the builder to constantly replace these with barracks, air pads or vehicle depots they all cost 150 each so any are fine.(i understand that the other method requires only 40k resources and this requires 60k but you gather supllies much faster in this method, and your prophet doesnt need to have resources to attack as he doesnt need to) althought your prophet doesnt need to attack you can get him to just to help your scareb get a line of sight on the buildings or position a ghost there eiher is fine.

as your score gets to 3700 have the builder un-garrison his troops send them to you and kill them also have him self destruct the other bases he has built on you get 100 points for every completly built base that is self destrctes so as the are always 3 for the builder at a minimum this will take you to 4000 points, if not build a couple more buildings at the base and destroy them.

this takes 26 minutes maximum the same as the fastest way of doing the other method and our personal best for a game was 20minutes 25 seconds im sure you will agree much quicker over the course of the amount of games you actually need to play to get the total 960,000.

credit also goes to olegwashere who assisted me in finding this method and tweaking it
random mr x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
AYeti

A YETI AHHH's Gamercard
Man I'm not gonna lie to you but I stopped reading after the first paragraph. I have yet to get the game but I will borrow it from a friend this weekend. Idk if I should actually play it. Just reading (attempting to) your post got me distraught. Is this game quick to learn/ pick up? How long will it take to 1000/1000 the game? Because it's 18 hour for one achievement lol so I can only imagine story mode.

Thanks noz!
AYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
Sounds like a plan. Anyone wanna team up for this?
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Richters Shadow

Richters Shadow's Gamercard
Yeah I will. My GT is "Richters Shadow" if you want to do it. I'm boosting Blood Stone for a lot of this weekend, but all nights (bar this Friday) and any subsequent weekends will be alright. Despite it being boring as sin, id want to hammer it out as quickly as possible!

Actually, this weekend we are finishing Blood Stone boosting at 6pm (GMT) which I think is about 1pm your time? Could probably do 6-7 hrs saturday night and probably about 3 hrs on sunday night!

Last edited by Richters Shadow; 11-22-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Richters Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
Friend Request sent!
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #6
Robert999220

Robert999220's Gamercard
hey, one of my friends said that you can get massive ammounts of xp by playing co-op campaign. he said you can do like 200k an hour. anyone know if this is true or not?
Robert999220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
Sniper JZA80

Sniper JZA80's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Nah mate, it doesn't count towards General

Completed Retail: 129
Completed Arcade: 28
Completion %: 95.01
Sniper JZA80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
MrOleg

OlegWasHere's Gamercard
If your really dedicated its just like grinding any other game but this method really does work as we both got our times down to just about on average 21 minutes a match without searching but we got matched pretty quickly on average.

30k Hit 11/4/10
NBA 2K11
Trip-Dub

Games To Boost

Saints Row 2: Kingpin
GTA IV:Enough Said
Juiced 2: Crew Races And Pinkslips

If Interested Hit Me Up With A Message On Xbox Live
MrOleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #9
WhitePheonix WP

WhitePheonix WP's Gamercard
running the show

need someone to boost halo wars achivement. i know how. freind me if you want to boost with me.
WhitePheonix WP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
iamreverend84

Spengler84's Gamercard
dude add me asap i want to get this done too

GT: X0XWOLVERINEX0X
iamreverend84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
Iceman9482

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Omega Quadrant

GlaciesMortalis's Gamercard
This is the way that I boost and it works amazingly. Plus here is a free bump to the front page
Completed Game #50: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Iceman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
This is awesome. Doing this asap
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 AM   #13
hustletron9000

Hustletron9000's Gamercard
I'm trying to get this achievement too, I win a lot but it just takes forever, I'm currently a Commander. If anyone wants it too or wants to help add me!
hustletron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #14
CammedZ06

BlkCobra07's Gamercard
If you want to do this achievement, send a FR. BlkCobra07. I'll be on tonight and all day tomorrow most likely.
CammedZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
O918

O918's Gamercard
Locust tweak

awesome method man, its been working great! I did come up with a tweak of my own. instead of waiting for the Scarab, weve been building 2-4 Locusts (usually 3).
why locusts? since locusts are cheaper (~300) you can attain them sooner, so the attacker doesnt need to take over a base to get more money. so in short: the attacker only requires the original base.
3 locusts can destroy the supply pads just as quickly as 1 scarab (and the major factor controlling time is really how fast the worker can rebuild the supply pads).
after you get the locusts, destroy the factory and build another supply pad. However, in all honesty you dont need any more money at this point, you could alternatively built a summit (airport) and build an engineer to put over the base which will be attacked so the locusts have an easier time seeing the supply pads since they can attack farther than they can see (engineer not not necessary).
next, send the locusts to all the rebel bases to clear them out for the builder.
when you are ready, have the locusts as far away to one side of the base, and have them inch toward the supply pads. if you get them too close to the base they will automatically aim for the fortress, so youll have to fine tune their distance. if you do it right, then they will be on autopilot and the attacker wont have to do anything! we are finishing around 30 minutes, but there is definite room for improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random mr x View Post
along with my boosting partner i have worked out how to get running the show for 2 people from the lowest rank in 18 hours maximum.

these are the settings needed.

1v1 deathmatch
1 player(the attacker) as the prophet of regret
1 player(the builder) as anders

when the game starts if there are supply pads on the map get the builder to build a barracks as the first building then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the barracks is built build enough units to garrison inside the supply pads but dont send them yet.

during this time the attacker should build a temple first then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the prophet comes out attack the first base build a citadel on it and go to your original base build a scareb when the population goes up, then self destruct the base you just claimed. go to all other bases and kill them amnd the enemy and also kill the enemy at the supply pads.

communicate which additional bases are clear as they become clear for the builder to get there new bases built and when to garrison his troops in the supply pads

the above steps take as little as 6 minutes to have your scareb built and have all bases ready.

at around 9-10 minutes you can start attacking when the builder' resources are around 20k, position the scareb so that it destroys 2 or 3 buildings on the base and get the builder to constantly replace these with barracks, air pads or vehicle depots they all cost 150 each so any are fine.(i understand that the other method requires only 40k resources and this requires 60k but you gather supllies much faster in this method, and your prophet doesnt need to have resources to attack as he doesnt need to) althought your prophet doesnt need to attack you can get him to just to help your scareb get a line of sight on the buildings or position a ghost there eiher is fine.

as your score gets to 3700 have the builder un-garrison his troops send them to you and kill them also have him self destruct the other bases he has built on you get 100 points for every completly built base that is self destrctes so as the are always 3 for the builder at a minimum this will take you to 4000 points, if not build a couple more buildings at the base and destroy them.

this takes 26 minutes maximum the same as the fastest way of doing the other method and our personal best for a game was 20minutes 25 seconds im sure you will agree much quicker over the course of the amount of games you actually need to play to get the total 960,000.

credit also goes to olegwashere who assisted me in finding this method and tweaking it
O918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
tredogg

Tredogg 1's Gamercard
I am free to try this if anyone is still working for this achievement. GT: Tredogg 1
I am on central time an typically can play after 6pm central.
tredogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #17
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
How do you boost in deathmatch? keep retrying until you get matched up?

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #18
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
How do you boost in deathmatch? keep retrying until you get matched up?
prefer eachother is a help, plus this game doesnt have a fan base anymore so its pretty easy. Originaly it was "Keep Away" you had to boost on but ive switched to deathmatch or a combination of the two.

Dont want to gloat but ive been doing the scarab thing for a while now before i read this. just got so bored of playing that i still dont have the achievement.

But props on the strategy, it does work. 25-30 mins a game. Only sucky thing is when you boost with a random person you have to switch back and forth and thats about 50-60 games total to get the chievo. Its worth it though

124 Retail 100% & 1000+
13 Arcade 100%
Metaraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
zal zaph

Zal Zaph's Gamercard
I miss playing Halo Wars, got all the achievements before, and now I have a new account.
Willing to help out with Co-op and online ranking achievements.
Gamertag: Zal Zaph
zal zaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #20
Oceans4Ransom

Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
I want this so bad, but I don't have the time like I used to. Maybe during the summer I can jump on and play with somebody. I will definitely be aiming for 100% this summer. Halo Wars is such a fun game. This method seems like it works well from what I have seen. This achievement is definitely intimidating, but I am sure it is well worth it after all the hard work. Thanks for the tips!
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
VeHoM

VeHoM's Gamercard
add me for boost
GT: VeHoM
VeHoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #22
GoWxGaiA

Protocol tF's Gamercard
anyone else still trying to get this achievement???
hit me up anytime....
gt: ProtocoL tF
GoWxGaiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 AM   #23
SC Matt

SC Matt 7's Gamercard
If anybody is still boosting general I would like to help. I need General rank too, it's my last Halo achievement, I would like to get all Halo achievements before Halo 4 comes out.

GT: SC Matt 7
SC Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
LoneWolF138

LoneWolF138's Gamercard
If anyone wants to boost I'll help, I need this too.

I have all the DLC.

GT: LoneWolF138
LoneWolF138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
Evilpro

Zaltro's Gamercard
Will boost, GT is "The Volatile"
Evilpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
Colonel Russell

Werners Revenge's Gamercard
Looking to get this achievement, I love this game. Message me

Werners Revenge
Colonel Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
Dooby UK

Count me in! Add me - Dooby UK

Gotta be honest though, I couldn't understand it all because of the grammar so explain to me as we do it if you add me.
Dooby UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
Silver Snail

Looking to do this. Gt: Silver Snail
Silver Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
I'm not sure I get this method, isn't it just about having one player build supply pads and the other player destroying them over and over gain?Anyway I'm up for this although it's a little late.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #30
Chud 360

Chud 360's Gamercard
Add me to boost this achievement. This is the last halo achievement I need and I'd like to get it before halo 4. I can play about 3 days a week due to work commitments but when i play I will play a good 5-6 hours at a time. So send me a MSG over live