PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Arcania: Gothic 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
If someone has a save before the Monastery, maybe they could load it to check and see if those scrolls were found in the rooms opened with the levers. The scrolls were not there in my game, but the strategy guide says they are there!

I purchased the strategy guide, and it says that those 3 scrolls can be found at the Sea Cliff Monastery as well, but they were not there on my game. Someone please help me figure this out.
roachtbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #32
Blud

bludst0rm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachtbp View Post
At the Sea Cliff Monastery, in the rooms opened by the levers, these 3 recipes ARE NOT found in those rooms: 1.) Elixir of Berserker 2.) Ironhide Elixir 3.) Heartsting Elixir
There is another thread here about the elixir of the berserker that asks the same thing. I and others have run into the same problem that you mention.

I have not yet finished the game and have not found those recipes. I'll post if I find them.
Blud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #33
Anavryn

Anavryn's Gamercard
It makes me sad to see how many people are putting in effort to collect all the recipes for a broken achievement. I would honestly say not to bother unless you are a hardcore completionist or have hope the achievement will one day be fixed (does not seem likely).

Anavryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #34
Blud

bludst0rm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavryn View Post
It makes me sad to see how many people are putting in effort to collect all the recipes for a broken achievement. I would honestly say not to bother unless you are a hardcore completionist or have hope the achievement will one day be fixed (does not seem likely).
I'm one that hopes they fix the broken achievement, but I do not hold out much hope for this based on what I've read. Seems like the publisher and developer (JoWooD and Spellbound Entertainment) don't care about the game or their customers.
Blud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #35
heiliger_geist

SAX89's Gamercard
I wrote an e-mail to them asking about a patch for the 360 version. They replied that they are aware of this bug and several others and that a patch is "coming soon".
heiliger_geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
RyanLightblade

RyanLightblade's Gamercard
I hope they allow Mama Hooqua to be spoken too again and have the Berserker / Heartsting Elixir Recipes purchasable at shops (any shop). Even then, there may still be some recipes missing that haven't been found. Or maybe the "Geek" achievement will still glitch like that achievement in Cars Race-O-Rama after getting "Master Chef". I should think positive about that update, lol. At least they say that a patch is coming soon.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #37
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
I am still putting effort into getting the "Master Chef" achievement in hopes that a patch will come to the 360.

But I just realized one thing that is really bothering me - early in the game, before I knew about the mana/stamina potion glitch, I learned all the recipes in my inventory and sold all the ones that the game said I had already learned. Well, because of the glitch, the game said I had already learned the Minor Stamina potion, so I sold BOTH of the Minor Stamina recipes I had in my inventory. According to this recipe guide, there are only two of those recipes in the whole game. I sold both of them since I thought I had already learned them (I didn't know about the glitch, so I didn't think to double check my crafting list to be sure I had learned them). So now I think I am screwed unless there is another Minor Stamina recipe somewhere in the game, or unless they later release some DLC which includes another copy of this recipe.

So even if a patch does come out, I think I will be screwed, unless someone knows of another location you can get a Minor Stamina potion recipe in this game, or if new DLC has one.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #38
Mike Conno

orig mike conno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachtbp View Post
I am still putting effort into getting the "Master Chef" achievement in hopes that a patch will come to the 360.

But I just realized one thing that is really bothering me - early in the game, before I knew about the mana/stamina potion glitch, I learned all the recipes in my inventory and sold all the ones that the game said I had already learned. Well, because of the glitch, the game said I had already learned the Minor Stamina potion, so I sold BOTH of the Minor Stamina recipes I had in my inventory. According to this recipe guide, there are only two of those recipes in the whole game. I sold both of them since I thought I had already learned them (I didn't know about the glitch, so I didn't think to double check my crafting list to be sure I had learned them). So now I think I am screwed unless there is another Minor Stamina recipe somewhere in the game, or unless they later release some DLC which includes another copy of this recipe.

So even if a patch does come out, I think I will be screwed, unless someone knows of another location you can get a Minor Stamina potion recipe in this game, or if new DLC has one.
I quitted trying the Master Chef achievement for exactly the same reason.
Halfway through the game I found out that I had sold all copies of the Minor Mana Potion. Maybe I'll give the game another try after the patch this.
Mike Conno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #39
Mike Conno

orig mike conno's Gamercard
What about the Light Frost Arrow Recipe?

Anyone found it? This guide does not mention where you can find this.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry for double posting. Forgot where I was for a second.

Last edited by Mike Conno; 12-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Mike Conno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #40
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
I sent JoWood a message asking them to include all glitched recipes in future DLC, either as items hidden in the new areas opened by the DLC or as items available for purchase from a merchant.

Of course, this is assuming they first patch the game and then release some DLC. But I already sent JoWood a message asking if a title update was coming to the Xbox 360 and they assured me that one was coming, but they would not specifiy what issues it would fix. We can only hope that the title update will fix the recipes glitch.

Also, judging by the menu screen when you first start up the game, it hints that they do plan to release DLC.

The message I send JoWood begged them to include all glitched recipes in future DLC. They did not say whether they would do this. I told them including these glitched recipes would help them sell more DLC, as many gamers want to get 1000 gamerpoints on this game, but accidentally sold the necessary recipes because of the glitch. I think more gamers would buy the DLC if it helped them get the glitched "Master Chef" achievement. I have no clue if they will listen to my request, but maybe if other gamers ask them to do this they will do it.

Here is a link to the website where you can email JoWood:

http://www.jowood.com/?site=5&lang=en&iid=5345&gameid=arcania

Please ask them to include the glitched recipes in future DLC.

I want my 1000 gamerpoints!

Last edited by roachtbp; 12-07-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #41
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
update:

there will be DLC coming out in 2011 (and possibly including a fix for the master chef glitch)
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #42
BigChiefJake

BigChiefJake's Gamercard
Great job on the list looking forward to the dlc and the patch so i can actually get this achievement
BigChiefJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #43
deadly doll

lethal curse's Gamercard
Just finished my 2nd playthrough of the game.Both times,in the Monestary,the BESERKER,HEARTSTRING,and IRONHIDE scrolls were not there.The IRONHIDE can be purchased from the guy near Setariff,but nowhere can you buy the Beserker or Heartstring scrolls.Also missing from the game is the STONESKIN scroll,and I could never find the weapon scrolls for LIGHT FROST ARROWS,or any of the 7 BLUEPRINTS:Setariffs Pride which creates ELIXERS of the MASTER ARCHER.
I have the guide book and also listed,but never found,is 2 weapon blueprints,one is BLUEPRINT:REFINED MACE which makes ore forged bearded axe,the second is BLUEPRINT:SETARIFFS PRIDE which makes a weapon called setariffs pride.Hopefully,that will be part of the DLC since you could never get into Setariff and that weapon happens to be called Setariffs prid,same as the 7 Master Archer Elixirs.
As for the rest of the scrolls/recipes,I have no idea where they are or why BESERKER,HEARTSTRING and IRONHIDE are missing from the Monestary in my game.
The guide book lists one more weapon scroll,again,absent from the game,It's called VIS VILAS:BAELITHAL,which makes BAELITH ARROWS.
I hope the DLC or patch fixes these issues.It'd be nice to 1K it after 70 hours of gameplay and very tedious searching for those mysterious missing scrolls.
deadly doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #44
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Yeah, there are several recipes missing from the game. I never found the ones you mentioned either.

So even if they do fix the recipes glitch, there is no way to get the achievement unless these missing recipes are included in the upcoming DLC.

I am hoping they will fix the recipes glitch and then include a copy of EVERY recipe in the entire game in the DLC. The reason I'm hoping they will do this is because I accidentally sold both copies of the minor stamina potion recipe I had in my inventory. I didn't know about the recipes glitch at the time, so when the game said I had already learned the recipe, I sold both copies of it. Turns out those were the only two copies of that recipe in the entire game. I know that I'm not the only gamer who accidentally sold recipes necessary for the 'Master Chef' achievement because of the glitch.

So in my situation, even if they do patch the recipes glitch and include all recipes missing from the game in the DLC, I will still be screwed on getting the achievement on my current playthrough. I will have to start a new character to get this achievement. My last save before the final boss had a gaming time of 71 hours and 11 minutes. I put so many hours into this game, I just can't imagine beating it all over agian for this achievement. I've been begging Jowood to include a copy of every recipe in the entire game in the new DLC (assuming they fix the recipes glitch).
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #45
Isanox
Banned User

isanox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
JoWood Files for Bankruptcy

Hopefully the DLC will still come out.

http://corporate.jowood.com/content/view/224/lang,en/
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #46
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Deadly Doll, I just double checked to see all the recipes I am missing:

- I am missing all seven of the Blueprint: Setarrif's Pride recipes, which all make the Elixir of the Master Archer
- I am also missing the Bluepirnt: Setarrif's Pride recipe which creates the weapon Setarrif's Pride
- I am missing the Blueprint: Refined Mace which create the 'Ore-Forged Bearded Axe' (I can create this same item using a different recipe)
- I am missing recipes for 3 elixirs: Elixir of the Berserker, Heartstring Elixir, and Stoneskin Elixir.
- I am missing the recipe for the Light Frost Arrows
- I am missing the recipe for Baelith

So I think we are missing the same recipes.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #47
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
If all the recipes I mentioned above^^ are available in the DLC, we may be able to get the achievement even if JoWood doesn't patch the game.

The reason I think this is because the glitch makes it impossible for your character to learn certian recipes because the game thinks you have ALREADY learned them. So while the glitch prevents you from crafting certain items, the game DOES think you know the recipe.

So if all the above recipes are included in the DLC, we may be able to get the achievement without a patch.

Last edited by roachtbp; 02-28-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #48
Rex Ranarum

BLN Rex Ranarum's Gamercard
@JoWood: since they originate from my hometown, there's a lot of talk of the company beeing bankrupped... don't know if there will be patches for the game, when JoWood goes down the loo and is closed down

maybe that's a lost cheevo for good...
Rex Ranarum is offline   Reply With Quote