PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > The Sacrifice
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Barrel Rolled - Everything You Need to Know

Barrel Rolled...
...requires less than 5 minutes.
...can be gotten in a System Link, Versus game
...doesn't require that the explosion kill the special. If the fire from the barrel kills them, you still get the 'cheevo.
...doesn't unlock for Witch-kills

Still Stumped?
1) Sign in a second controller as 'Guest'
2) Create a Versus match, set to System Link
3) Player 1 to "Bill", Player 2 to "Infected"
4) Infected, go wait to spawn near the barrels (in the first narrow alleyway)
5) Player 1, leave spawn.
6) Player 2, spawn. Go hug a barrel.
7) Player 1, run/gun your way to the Special. Shoot the barrel. Let the flames finish the job.
8) Ba-DINK!
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
RaccoonChump

RaccoonChump's Gamercard
I have tried your tips step by step and for the 8th and final tip...I get no Ba-DINK! lol I cant understand to why it wont unlock. I have tried at least 20 times bro
RaccoonChump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
SevenJesterHats

SevenJesterHats's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaccoonChump View Post
I have tried your tips step by step and for the 8th and final tip...I get no Ba-DINK! lol I cant understand to why it wont unlock. I have tried at least 20 times bro
Try this video it work for me

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=264555

SevenJesterHats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
RaccoonChump

RaccoonChump's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenJesterHats View Post
I made another attempt after watching the video and after trying to do what the guy did...I still cant unlock it!! Any other tips?

Never mind...after the 4364965409790th time, I got it!

Last edited by RaccoonChump; 10-23-2010 at 08:09 AM.
RaccoonChump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Mo Mo

The guy left out that you should start the game using a local server, not a dedicated server, if you are doing the system link route. To do this just keep pressing 'start game' and then 'cancel game' in the lobby until it automatically starts itself. From there achievements should unlock normally, except for the sacfrizzle one. Warning it may crash

Last edited by Mo Mo; 10-23-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Mo Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:50 AM   #6
Ridin Solo
Banned User

Location: Im Frm L . A . Cali for ni A Hot days got shade let me tell you right away. wanna hear mre hit me up

Forgottennn's Gamercard
I did this like 3 times 1 wish smoker (no ach) 1 with hunter (no ach) 1 with boomber (achivemnt unlock!) so yea i also picked zoey and did this in versus mode not system link u dont have to have bill or be in system link fyi
Ridin Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I did this with two controllers today. I killed the smoker character, then spawned as the Boomer. I damaged the boomer with two pistol shots from a distance so the survivor bots wouldn't kill him. (best place is on the roof off to the left of the starting point)

Move the boomer to the barrels in that first alleyway. I would normally put the Infected on top of the barrels and the achievement wouldn't unlock. So I put the boomer a few feet away from the barrel, but parallel to it. I then came around the corner and shot the front most barrel and the achievement unlocked.

So for those having trouble, try and put the infected to the side of the barrel and not on top of it. Hope that helps.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
Dombine

Dombine's Gamercard
This isn't working for me. I got the second pad to be a hunter, got him down to 36 health, he stood 3 feet away from barrel and then player 1 (Zoey, me) shot the barrel and he died by the explosion. Still no achievement

I'm thinking on clearing my cache and trying it. Think it'll work?

EDIT: Don't worry. I've got it now. Single player > Kill team mates > find barrels > wait for special infected to get close > shoot > Pop.

But for me, the Boomer walked too far passed the barrel and the explosion made him wobble a-side so I ran through the fire and he followed me which caused him to set on fire. He burned and exploded and the achievement popped!

So if the explosion didn't hit them or if they aren't on fire. Just get the Specials to walk in the fire till they die. Seems to work

Last edited by Dombine; 01-09-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Dombine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
The MaDaBa

The MaDaBa's Gamercard
I was able to get a local server one time for a Crash Course Achievement, but I can't seem to duplicate it for this one without crashing the game. Can anyone help out?
The MaDaBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Any survivors to pick doesn't matter. That achievement is pretty dodgy and very picky on which special infected to be unlocked.

I did this by the system link with two controllers.

Smoker-no achievement, then Boomer-no achievement, and finally last, Hunter-achievement.

Some people get an achievement from kill Smoker, Boomer or Hunter. It doesn't matter if you try to put SI on a top of a barrell or anywhere nearby as long as they caught by blast/fire and get killed by it.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Squeezit

this is how i did it.

for the people having trouble with this achievement, make sure you disconnect your internet from your xbox, or atleast make sure you're not connected to xbox live when you do this, and its guaranteed to work.
Squeezit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
In L4D2, the first barrel you come across. I just waited there until a Smoker came by, suicided on the barrel and got it.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote