PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Super Meat Boy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #31
Ishi

ii ishi ii's Gamercard
I've been using RT since the beginning. I tried X once and it felt way to awkward.
Ishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #32
Terra Branford

I use the X button, with a twist... I jam a little piece of plastic into the button hub, so it's always depressing the button. About halfway into the game, I learned that "Always running" is pretty much the key to zipping through most stages traps... especially stages where you have to deal with staggered saws and buzzblade traps.

This game rewards you for "rushing" through the stage, and punishes you harshly for taking it slow, and trying to go through with caution.

...of course, up until the point I jammed that piece of plastic into the button hub, I was using the Right Trigger... until my hand was in so much agony that I couldn't form a fist, or move it, without wanting to throw up. That's what fifteen hours of straight gameplay will do to you... way worse than Nintendo-itis.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #33
HolyMoses81

HolyMoses81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPERxSUASIVE View Post
I find RT is easiest to use, using X to boost feels to cramped right next to A.

For those saying that their finger aches from pressing RT to much, I find my thumb actually aches a lot more from repeatedly pressing A lol.
Soooo true!

I had this issues way back in the past. The d-pad on the NES controller made my left thumb ache quite frequently, but that was different (the pain appeared more at the tip of my thumb there).
I played Super Meat Boy only twice so far (I'm in hell right now). On 25th Dec. I played through the first world and it's dark clone. No pain.
But when I continued till hell on 26th my thumb started to ache way before I reached hell, so for my taste that happened quite quick. I'll continue today, so lets see if that pain still resides in there and only needs to be woken up.

Btw, for turbo i also use the RT button. I think if other buttons had functions too I'd possibly go with the X-method, but as there are only two buttons with functions I tend to put those two functions on different fingers.
Retail 100% (Highlights): Alice: Madness Returns, Bayonetta, Bioshock, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, Dark Souls, Darksiders, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Catherine, Rock Band 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Williams Pinball Collection

XBLA 100% (Highlights): Spelunky Bejeweled Blitz Live, Beyond Good And Evil HD, Castlevania SOTN, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolvedē, Limbo, N+, Trials HD, Wik: Fable Of Souls
HolyMoses81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #34
Keikofuri

Keikofuri's Gamercard
X, since it's been de facto standart since the days of Mario!

Also this.
Keikofuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #35
Kevinn

pollyprisypantz's Gamercard
It's weird...me and my roomates just spent the last few weeks beating all the old super mario games, so i should feel natural using x, but I use RT instead.
Kevinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #36
Chingomil

Ching0mil's Gamercard
I could never get used to using RT, so X all the way
Chingomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #37
shauun5

shauun5's Gamercard
Ya I started off using X then when i found out I could use RT i just couldn't get used to it so stayed with X
shauun5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #38
Bugzy

RT.

My brain couldn't process which one of the A or X to let go off when I wanted to drop speed to deflate a jump.
Bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #39
Flugruger

I've used LT and nothing else since the start. X is way too awkward when you can just use one of the triggers.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:32 AM   #40
WolfheartSpell

WolfheartSpell's Gamercard
LT all the way here
WolfheartSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #41
Piesank

piesank's Gamercard
RT for me, Doritos crash course is the game that 'taught' me to use it so I kept on using it!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #42
crazypath yetti

Yetti Drums's Gamercard
Usually X, but if I'm playing for a while and that gets tiring, I'll switch.
crazypath yetti is offline   Reply With Quote