PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Super Meat Boy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #31
ikaruga

celestial purge's Gamercard
Finally got it!!!! Just dropping a line to say thanks for the vid! it helped a lot!
ikaruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #32
Moetrich

Moetrich's Gamercard
oh my freakin GOD, that was hard. propably the hardest achievement i got by now.
but i made it, and i'm SO proud right now, i was jumping around the living room celebrating my glorious victory
i need a beer now

thanks a lot for the video, i wouldn't have believed it is doable if i hadn't see it with my own eyes
Moetrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #33
seanhillzius

seanhillz's Gamercard
Thank you so much for the awesome videos. My hand was twisted into a claw for about an hour after I beat the warpzone and I was up until about 3 a.m., but it was totally worth it. SMB > Sleep.
seanhillzius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #34
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Still not managed to get passed level 1, but I'm getting very close. The video has definately helped. I know I can do it, it's just a matter of pulling it all off in one go. I got passed the 2 columns of spikes about 10-12 times, but I can never make the part where you come jumping out of the 2nd spike column and have to drop and curve to the right landing near the bottom right of the screen. I'm sure I'll get it though. I'm dreading the fact that there are 2 more levels after that though!!

Anyway, I can literally barely type now. My fingers ache so much after an hour of that. I'll be seeing those bloody spikes in my sleep tonight!!

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #35
jung4ever

FyreBeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Awesome. Thanks for the vids, this game is sick!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #36
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Nearly passed level 1 this morning. Got to the very last part with a row of spikes on the ground and a smaller row above, with bandage girl at the end. I got there about 10 times, but I just can't get it right! I always either hit the top spikes or land on the bottom ones. Should I be holding the sprint button? Do you have to literally just tap for the tiniest jump possible? Any help would be much appreciated.

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #37
Plym

PlymSol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I can pass trhe first level of this but can't get past the 2nd!
It's really annoying having to turn my X-Box off knowing I'll have to do the first level all again.
Plym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #38
Jarr3tt88

Quote:
Originally Posted by red mist 85 View Post
Nearly passed level 1 this morning. Got to the very last part with a row of spikes on the ground and a smaller row above, with bandage girl at the end. I got there about 10 times, but I just can't get it right! I always either hit the top spikes or land on the bottom ones. Should I be holding the sprint button? Do you have to literally just tap for the tiniest jump possible? Any help would be much appreciated.
I also have a video for The Kid warp zone with some annotations....might help

For the last and final jump (I failed there like 5 or 6 times) You just need to lightly tap A twice second time right before landing on spikes.
Jarr3tt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #39
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarr3tt88 View Post
I also have a video for The Kid warp zone with some annotations....might help

For the last and final jump (I failed there like 5 or 6 times) You just need to lightly tap A twice second time right before landing on spikes.
Thanks for the advice. Finally got passed level 1 this morning. But my joy soon turned to despair when I started to attempt level 2!! I don't know if anyone here's a Simpsons fan, but you know that episode where Homer becomes a stonecutter and de-faces the sacred parchement and then they realise he's the chosen one. The head stonecutter says, "remove the stone of shame.....and attatch the stone of triumph!" It feels a bit like that!!!

Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away with that analogy, but level 2 really is so much harder than it looks. I can do the first 2 columns, but for some reason cannot get the timing on column 3 going downwards. It's a good thing it's Saturday morning, because there's no way I'm turning that machine off until either I've beaten it or I fall asleep! Oh well, at least I've got all day!

Edit: YEEEESSS! Beaten level 2. Now on to level 3! I'm praying it's not as hard as the other 2! My adrenaline levels are through the roof!

Edit2: I've done it. At last, I've unlocked the little bugger. If ever I meet the bloke who came up with those levels, I wouldn't know whether to shake his hand for creating such fiendishly clever levels or knee him in the bollocks for all the pain he's put me and everyone else through!! Probably the latter to be honest!!

Last edited by red mist 85; 11-13-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #40
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
I finally just got this last night. I don't think I've ever been more happy about anything in my life lol SUCH a pain in the ass.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #41
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
Oh and the vid DEF helped me out for the 3rd stage. The timing for the very last part of it especially. Thanks a lot dude.
Achievement Uned!!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 AM   #42
HoppyHippo

HoppyHippo's Gamercard
OH MY GOD Finally!! After 900 deaths and several punches to my sofa ;D
HoppyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #43
DonnyRoversFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
I tried this for the first time expecting something so ridiculously hard i would break my controller, instead it turned out to just be a case of working out section. Sure it took me several attempts to pass each level but i had the achievement in about an hour.

Maybe the fact that i had got 200/200 on N+ twice now and played it to death helped me. Don't get me wrong this is hard but very doable if you stick to it and i feel for those who get close to the end and got owned by a spike!

Don't take my post the wrong way as its just a simple case of some people finding it easier than others.
DonnyRoversFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:32 AM   #44
rcf1235

rcf1235's Gamercard
well...... all i can say for who those that are having trouble with this level..... just PLAY a lot..... and a lot and lot and a lot....
invite a friend to help you.... i got this achievement today, right now, after 7h30min non stop !!
oh my god,..... finnaly..... thank you!
for me the hardest map by far was the first!
second one is just a bit tricky jump in the middle....
try hard and you should get it!
rcf1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 AM   #45
njdevils17

MVDEVILS17's Gamercard
Played for 2 hours and still couldn't beat the first level

New Jersey Devils 2012 Eastern Conference Champs
New York Giants 07-08 and 11-12 Super Bowl Champs

njdevils17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #46
Jarr3tt88

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils17 View Post
Played for 2 hours and still couldn't beat the first level
Did you check my video post #38? I have some annotations that might help
Jarr3tt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #47
Rebmob

Send a message via AIM to Rebmob Send a message via MSN to Rebmob Send a message via Skype™ to Rebmob

Rebmob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I beat the first level, and made it to the two elevators, the one going down on the right side of the screen is where I always ended up killing myself. I always made it past the two elevators flawlessly and the jump in the middle of the level. Why oh why can't I make it down that elevator?

The last level looked easy IMO, Cotton Alley was easy, IMO. Lol.

Want a signature? Click my signature below to visit my gallery and post what you would like me to create.

100% Completions:
(Retail:26) > (Arcade:15)
Rebmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #48
klaww

klawwed01's Gamercard
Unlocked The Kid in under an hour. my hands hurt. i didnt realize it at first but after EVERY time i died, id start beating the top of my knee. But it was well worth it.
klaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #49
oO CurrY Oo

oO CurrY Oo's Gamercard
Managed to unlock him aswell i also recorded it.

oO CurrY Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #50
Anth0ny07

Send a message via AIM to Anth0ny07

Anth0ny07's Gamercard
If the video guides arent enough here is a guide i found that shows when to push which buttons to beat all 3 zones.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6...heguyguide.jpg

Anth0ny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #51
Zaxex

Subtle Villainy's Gamercard
This was hell! I wouldn't recommend anyone who can live with an incomplete game doing this. I only did it because if I'd given up after finishing the first level I might have to do it again someday.

4-5 straight hours, 3,000 deaths, 10 achievement points. Plus I think I lost my sanity in there somewhere, got too exhausted to be angry. Oh and I'd only died 2,500 times finishing the main game and doing a few other things.

Never again.

Is this one of the hardest things in the game? If not I think I'm done lol.
Zaxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #52
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxex View Post
Is this one of the hardest things in the game? If not I think I'm done lol.
Well...you will have some serious troubles getting few of the bandages on later levels. Some of them are placed on ridiculously places.
But yeah, The Kid is one of the hardest things in this game, so i think you will get 100%.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #53
snobbigB

snobbiG's Gamercard
The Kid was definitely the hardest achievement for me to complete. It took it two nights and the life of a helpless controller. I think if you can get this achievement then all others are definitely obtainable.
snobbigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #54
HardstyleIdefix

HardstyleIdefix's Gamercard
yeees I got this achievement last night after a 4 hour session of getting angry and being desperate
this is one of the hardest achievements I ever got.
HardstyleIdefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #55
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

I got it too! I didn't expect I'd finish the first level. after I beat it I had no other choice than beating the other two.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #56
Majin

I also uploaded a video of the kid levels, maybe some few different jumps that might help the people struggling.

Majin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #57
Mr1721

xN1Sx Mr1721's Gamercard
I've actually enjoyed playing the kid's stages.. although the 500+ deaths, i felt happy completing it.. its been awhile since i completed IWBTG and super meat boy brought it back making both games enjoyable.

Mr1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #58
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

I havent thought that I'd 101% this game but maybe after I made the impossible possible I could try to continue IWBTG

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #59
HoogeyBoy

hoogey boy's Gamercard
This Achievement seriously can go Fuck itself!! I then decided to try it and over 2 days got it

The hardest by far was the first one. The second stage is luck based on the ramp going down (getting the timing for the first part was the hardest thing) while stage 3 wasn't that bad and got it in about 20 minutes.

Tips for the first stage for people struggling...

1, Switch off the music and put on your own. Also take a 10 minute break after 30 minutes.

2, Fall don't jump the first part. This will help prepare you for the big fall and also you can double jump on the left side of the wall without risking going down to the right. This makes this really easy.

3, For either of the wall climbs you want to jump of the wall as you are still moving up and when you are nearish the spikes above you (I lost loads of time/lives not knowing this). To get near the spikes and to get the movement you can safely jump on the parts of the wall where there is no spikes below you (when you move onto the new section it will be the left wall).

4, You do not need to hold run or double jump at all, apart from the start and after the long fall so bear this in mind. Do not double jump on the wall climb parts at all.

5, When entering the flat parts (this part is the hardest) do not go for small wall on the right. Instead do the long jump so you land on the flat part above bandage.

6, Keep trying. YOU WILL GET IT!
HoogeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #60
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I beat the first stage after about 600 deaths lol. I wasn't doing a running jump to fall on the platform which was the problem. I then beat the second stage after about 1 hour. Then I just couldn't do the 3rd stage no matter what I tried. I played for about 4 hours in one day to get to the 3rd stage.

I was knackered and I thought I would leave the Xbox on but it turned itself off...I will try again today..sigh.

Edit: Yeeeeeeeeees!!! just done it. That third level wasn't hard, you just had to take your time and I was rushing it before.

Thank you Audacious for the sig

Last edited by jamie1000013; 03-17-2011 at 05:57 PM.
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote