PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Puzzle and Word > Hexic Rush
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
random mr x

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement guide and road map.

Overview:

- Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 9/10
- Offline Achievements: 20 (200 )
- Online Achievements: 0 (0 )
- Approximate Time for 200 : 25 Hours+
- Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed for Completion: 100
- Number of Missable Achievements: 0
- Glitched Achievements: 1 slightly, see millionaire.
- Do Cheat Codes Disable Achievements: No Cheats
- Does Difficulty Affect Achievements: yes

1. Millionaire – 10g
Score 1,000,000 total points in games of Hexic.
Every combo, every flower, and every black pearl you make you will score points just get 1,000,000 in total across all game modes, this total can be done in one game of expert rush if you make it to about 5 minutes, it didn’t unlock until I got 1,000,000 in a single game but this may not be the case for everyone.

2. Bomb squad – 5g
Destroy 100 total bombs in games of Hexic.
Bombs appear in all game modes but the quickest way to get this is by playing expert rush where you can destroy 20+ bombs in one go using a black pearl, you should be given one in level 5 or 6 you simply tap the pearl and swipe left or right and all the bombs on screen disappear.

3. Maximum rush – 15g
Make it to level 7 while in Rush Expert mode.
At the bottom of the screen there are spots which fill up constantly just get the 7th one of these to fill up and the achievement will unlock.

4. Playing the field again – 5g
Play one game each of Marathon and Rush modes.
To get this you need to play 3 games, marathon, rush standard and rush expert you don’t need to win just play.

5. Marathon master – 10g
Score 150,000 points during a single game while in Marathon mode.
Again every combo, every flower, and every black pearl you make you will score points just get 150,000 in total in one game of marathon.

6. Beautiful gem – 10g
Create a Black Pearl while in Marathon mode.
To create a black pearl you need to surround one piece with 6 star flowers it is best to create the flowers as soon as possible as there are fewer colours and in the very early levels there are no bombs.

7. Play rush expert already – 10g
Survive for 6 minutes while in Rush Standard mode.
As the achievement says survive for 6 minutes(standard), may seem difficult but just use star flowers to destroy the lowest timed bomb and if the are too many bombs to cope with use a black pearl just tap it and swipe across the screen.

8. Big freeze – 5g
Freeze the board while in Rush mode.
During rush mode you will get the chance to freeze the board by moving 3 or more star flowers together in a cluster do it once and the achievement will unlock, can be done in either standard or expert.

9. Mix and match – 5g
Create a bonus cluster while in Rush or Marathon mode.
To create a bonus cluster just rotate 3 pieces with a star picture in the middle of them together, this is easiest to do in rush as rotations do not need to create a cluster to remain where you want.

10. Cluster buster – 5g
Collect 100 combos during a single game while in Rush or Marathon mode.
A combo is easily done; its simply getting a cluster of 3 colours together, this is easy to do in rush.

11. Ease into it – 5g
Get rid of your first bomb in Rush mode.
A very simple achievement to get when a bomb appears in rush mode match the colour of the bomb to 2 other pieces the same colour and it will unlock.

12. Flower child – 5g
Create a star flower while in Rush or Marathon mode.
To create a star flower you simply need to surround one piece with 6 pieces of the same colour easily done in first few levels.

13. Bonus time – 10g
Max out the bonus multiplier while in Rush mode.
To max out the bonus multiplier you need to get all the way to level seven and complete it level seven is complete once you have filled the spot at the bottom completely.

14. Collapse – 10g
Collect 5,000 total combos in games of Hexic.
A combo is 3 or more pieces put together simply do it 5000 times across all games of hexic it count across all modes too.

Last edited by random mr x; 10-26-2010 at 09:36 PM.
random mr x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
random mr x

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
achievement guide

15. Hexic addict – 10g
Play 100 games of Hexic.
Play 100 total games, this is across all modes, and if you want this quickly play rush you can start the game and then just let a bomb kill you much like the Hexic HD method.

16. Color collector – 10g
Unlock all colors while in Rush mode.
The longer you play rush the more colour start to fall making the game harder simply play away until you get this and you will get it on the way to what the hurry my one unlocked about 4minutes 40seconds into the game.

17. Star gazer – 10g
Create 500 Star pieces in games of Hexic.
This is combined so not too hard to do simply follow the instructions for flower child and repeat 500 times.

18. Unique gem- 15g
Create a Black Pearl cluster while in Marathon mode.
For this you need to create 3 black pearls and put them together in a cluster see beautiful gem to see how to make a black pearl.

19. What’s the hurry – 20g
Survive for 6 minutes while in Rush Expert mode.
Ok much harder but again as the achievement says survive for 6 minutes, only this time in expert all I can say is just use star flowers to destroy the lowest timed bomb and if the are too many bombs to cope with use a black pearl just tap it and swipe across the screen.

20. Hexic master –25g
Create a flower of Black Pearls while in Marathon mode.
The hardest achievement in the game for this you need to create 6 black pearls and surround one piece with them, start making flowers early on and pearls as soon as possible and plan all of you moves in advance try to avoid mistakes, and most of all take your time.

Last edited by random mr x; 10-25-2010 at 01:19 PM.
random mr x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by random mr x View Post

1. Millionaire – 10g
Score 1,000,000 total points in games of Hexic.
Every combo, every flower, and every black pearl you make you will score points just get 1,000,000 in total across all game modes, this total can be done in one game of expert rush if you make it to about 5 minutes, it didn’t unlock until I got 1,000,000 in a single game but this may not be the case for everyone.
I had not reached a Million points in a game and this unlocked for me. However, I did play several games of Marathon - reaching 120k to 180K per game. When I finally started to get the hang of Marathon, it unlocked during my 700k game.

Last edited by big red marino; 11-23-2010 at 08:15 AM.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by random mr x View Post
19. What’s the hurry – 20g
Survive for 6 minutes while in Rush Expert mode.
Ok much harder but again as the achievement says survive for 6 minutes, only this time in expert all I can say is just use star flowers to destroy the lowest timed bomb and if the are too many bombs to cope with use a black pearl just tap it and swipe across the screen.
I was hoping you could ellaborate on your description, because what you have stated is pretty obvious and also basically the instructions on how to play. So having two or three black stars is probably necessary, because at the 5 minute mark all hell breaks loose. The one black star they give you around the 2:30 or 3:00 minute mark will just not cut it. I can get about 8 to 10 stars before the bombs really start taking off and you have to shift your focus on them. Also, when you freeze you need to setup bomb/star combos, so when you it unfreezes you can hit that combo to start a cascade which freezes your play, but also the bomb's timer. So more detail on this would help.

Plus does anyone know what happens when you combo three black stars?

Last edited by big red marino; 11-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
jorax

JORAX's Gamercard
For the 6 minute achievement, you can pause and resume to continually add 3 seconds to your time... cheesy but it works. Basically the "countdown" to resume the game counts as in game time even though nothing is happening.

I made it to 5:00 just fine, used my 2 black stars between then and 5:45, then used the pause trick for the last little bit. I guess you could just pause/resume all the way from the start, but that'd be booring and unnecessary.
jorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorax View Post
For the 6 minute achievement, you can pause and resume to continually add 3 seconds to your time... cheesy but it works. Basically the "countdown" to resume the game counts as in game time even though nothing is happening.

I made it to 5:00 just fine, used my 2 black stars between then and 5:45, then used the pause trick for the last little bit. I guess you could just pause/resume all the way from the start, but that'd be booring and unnecessary.
I know this post is old, but this really helped me out! I was stuck at about 5:30 or so and kept running out of time on a bomb or two. Using this trick I was able to get the achievement first try. Thanks!