PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #61
WTYD

Chaos Moude's Gamercard
Really good guide pal gonna be using it soon.
WTYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #62
Darkprophet

IHwDI Pr0pheT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker4502 View Post
I'm aware of the status of 'You'll Know it When it Happens' of being in Mr. House's quest line as well, but by that point in the line you've already accrued a decent amount of infamy with the NCR. As such, it's exceedingly time consuming to try to get back into their good graces enough so that you can participate in that quest. (I tried on one of my characters, and it requires you to complete close to all the NCR quests in the game). It's easier to complete the quest during the Yes Man campaign as you acquire slightly less negative influence with the NCR during it, but I would still just recommend completing the quest during the NCR storyline as it's not required to complete either the Mr. House or Yes Man line (as you said).
This isn't all true. While I havent finished my first playthrough, i'm doing Mr. House's quest line, and I was able to complete "You'll Know it When it Happens" during The House Always Wins. Ceasar's Leigon became Vilified, but, because of my choices BEFORE this quest with the NCR, they only became Neutral to me. Through Side Quests (That need to be done for achievements anyways) I was able to gain acceptance from the NCR again, and I was able to complete this quest in the House storyline.

You should at least ass it in as an option, because doing the achievement related side quests in the first playthrough will waste less time in following playthroughs in trying to get 1000g.

Also, 45 - 60 hours for 1000g seems way too fast for this game. 60 Hours was what it took me to do 1550 in Fallout 3, but, New Vegas has much more time consuming achievements, and, if you didn't make a good save to finish all 4 quest lines with 1 character, you're going higher.
Darkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #63
Tracker4502

Send a message via AIM to Tracker4502 Send a message via MSN to Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkprophet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker4502
I'm aware of the status of 'You'll Know it When it Happens' of being in Mr. House's quest line as well, but by that point in the line you've already accrued a decent amount of infamy with the NCR. As such, it's exceedingly time consuming to try to get back into their good graces enough so that you can participate in that quest. (I tried on one of my characters, and it requires you to complete close to all the NCR quests in the game). It's easier to complete the quest during the Yes Man campaign as you acquire slightly less negative influence with the NCR during it, but I would still just recommend completing the quest during the NCR storyline as it's not required to complete either the Mr. House or Yes Man line (as you said).

This isn't all true. While I havent finished my first playthrough, i'm doing Mr. House's quest line, and I was able to complete "You'll Know it When it Happens" during The House Always Wins. Ceasar's Leigon became Vilified, but, because of my choices BEFORE this quest with the NCR, they only became Neutral to me. Through Side Quests (That need to be done for achievements anyways) I was able to gain acceptance from the NCR again, and I was able to complete this quest in the House storyline.

You should at least ass it in as an option, because doing the achievement related side quests in the first playthrough will waste less time in following playthroughs in trying to get 1000g.

Also, 45 - 60 hours for 1000g seems way too fast for this game. 60 Hours was what it took me to do 1550 in Fallout 3, but, New Vegas has much more time consuming achievements, and, if you didn't make a good save to finish all 4 quest lines with 1 character, you're going higher.
I don't mean to be curt, but please read what you quote. I've bolded what should be of interest.

Also, if the quest itself takes the same amount of time to complete regardless of what play through, wouldn't it be more efficient to not need to accumulate influence beforehand? As I listed in the roadmap, do all of the NCR quests together on the NCR play through, even if this means not getting the most possible achievements in the first play through.

And to rebuttal how long it takes, I clocked 58 hours to reach 940g out of 1000g without using a single save reloading. 20g I lost because of a glitch, and the other 40g I was (and am still) purposely holding out on though could be gotten in an hour at most.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #64
DarthRandalNC

Send a message via Skype™ to DarthRandalNC

DarthRandalNC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hardcore, 100: Play the game from start to finish in Hardcore Mode.

For those of you having problems with this mode:

With current XP glitches in effect, I got this achievement in less than 5 hours. If Obisdian ever releases a patch for them then this information should be disregarded. Until then, here's the easy way(there may be some slight SPOILERS in here, be warned):

-Set your difficulty to Very Easy. This is crucial - if you feel like you'd be cheating yourself out of the gameplay like this, stop reading.

-I picked a female for the Black Widow perk. It's considerably faster and easier to get Benny into bed and kill him after sex than it is to outright murder him and fight off the entire staff of the Tops or chase him to Caeser's Fort.

-You can set up your SPECIAL and tag skills anyway you want. I'd recommend you avoid adding points to Charisma or Luck as you won't really need either on this playthrough. I did +2 to Intellegence for the skill point boost, +1 to Strength, Perception and Endurance.

As far as tag skills go for this, Barter and Survival are essentially worthless. I did have my Survival around 35 or so, but when I saw how fast I was progressing on this playthrough I realized I didn't need it set that high. You won't play the game long enough for either one of these to be a factor as I remember only needing to eat, drink, and/or sleep around a dozen or so times total between the three. Weapon skills are more based on personal preference, but I stayed with Guns and Energy Weapons more than Melee Weapons or Unarmed. Speech is an absolute must for reasons I'll list later.

-Start the game and make your way to the point where Doc asks you to sit on the couch. Before you sit down, pick up EVERYTHING in his house. You're going to sell it back to him in a few minutes for a handful of medical supplies and some surplus caps.

-Once you've turned on Hardcore mode and leave his house, go over to the Goodsprings bar and start the tutorial quest. Once the lady gives you a rifle, head towards Primm. Start and complete the story quests ONLY all the way until you get to Novac. Once in Novac, take the time to complete the side quest for Boone. Remember that companions can die in Hardcore and you'll need him for a while for the extra pack weight, so make sure you have him wait for you if you're going into a particularly hairy situation.

-When traveling, STICK TO THE ROAD. I cannot stress this enough - don't try to cut across country to get somewhere faster, stick to the road. I barely ran into any enemies on the road, making things much easier. The ones you do run into will usually fall with a couple of head shots from your crappy starter rifle. You can upgrade your weapons on the way, but remember to travel light when you can as ammo now has weight.

-Conveniently enough, the story quest will lead you right past HELIOS One. You have to have a Speech of at least 30 to lie your way in and do the That Lucky Old Sun quest for it's XP glitch. Once you've maxed out, have Boone carry your surplus Doctor's Bags and dump the rest. You should have a couple hundred Stimpacks as well, so at this point, unless you want money for another gun, you'll never have to do another side quest.

It is imperative that you put your Speech to 100 while leveling up your character. This will allow you to completely forgo engaging either the Legate or the General in battle after you've blown up the dam's generators.

Also, any perks that increase VATS accuracy or critical hit % and damage will turn you into a killing machine. Getting both levels of Toughness as well as Adamantium Skeleton will greatly reduce dependency on Doctor's Bags.

-Once in Vegas, opt for the Yes Man quest line. Most of the setup here involves merely visiting the different "tribes" and not much else. Don't worry about visiting Caeser's Fort - you won't need the extra Securitrons for anything.

One point I will mention is that when you head off to visit the Great Khans pick a location north of the marker and head south. If you try to do this by heading north from a southern location you will get gang-raped by Deathclaws, even when traveling on the main road. Remember, you're not going to have as many locations to fast travel to when doing this, so your options for a starting point will be limited.

-Save, save, and save again. Make a new save every so often while traveling as road-only travel takes a little while longer than cutting across country. Backtracking to a really old save sucks and defeats the purpose of speed-running through this to get the Hardcore achievement.

And that's it! Once you complete the Yes Man quest line for an independent New Vegas, you can sit back and enjoy your extra 100G.

Last edited by DarthRandalNC; 11-11-2010 at 02:34 AM.
DarthRandalNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #65
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Very nicely detailed DarthRandalNC! I'll include a link to your post in the guide, thank you for information!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #66
DarthRandalNC

Send a message via Skype™ to DarthRandalNC

DarthRandalNC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No problem, buddy. Always looking to help out.
DarthRandalNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #67
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Most of the time invested is used to acquire the food, and by comparison the consuming portion is incredibly quick. I understand what you're saying, and yes just consuming all the health at once is quicker than drowning and consuming as I recommend. But also as I mentioned before, consuming the food / stimpaks is a small time investment already and trying to reduce that time through the ultra efficient method you describe is simply not worth it. I'm well aware that we're simply coming down to a difference in opinion here, but I'll have to respectfully decline your method.
It isn't a difference of opinion. I'll bold the part I take issue with.

Quote:
Possibly the most annoying achievement in the game after Hardcore, this will almost certainly require boosting. A decent Survival skill score is a must, as it will greatly reduce the time to achieve this (Survival impacts how much health food replenishes). Also note that you must heal 10,000 points of damage, not eat 10,000 points of food health. A way to simply power through this is as follows:
That's the part that gets me. You imply that you have to actually restore 10,000 health when it isn't the case. You may think that repeatedly drowning yourself and healing is a great way to do it, and that is a difference of opinion, but your description implies something that's not true, which isn't what a good guide should do.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #68
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
It isn't a difference of opinion. I'll bold the part I take issue with.

That's the part that gets me. You imply that you have to actually restore 10,000 health when it isn't the case. You may think that repeatedly drowning yourself and healing is a great way to do it, and that is a difference of opinion, but your description implies something that's not true, which isn't what a good guide should do.
Yes, yes it is a difference of opinion. The inferred implication of the paragraph will vary from person to person, and thus it is not a fact. Since it's not a fact, it's therefore a theory or opinion. Mincing words, yes, but honestly that's the last way I can put it. I'm not going to put information in the guide that is a complete counterpoint to my method. If I put it in, then I have to explain it. If I explain it, a method will need to follow. But then I'll have two divergent ways to complete an achievement in roughly the same amount of time where one is no easier to accomplish than the other. And let's not disregard the pragmatic fact that I, at this moment, have roughly 100 characters at most left free in any of the 5 posts.

So in short, I disagree and I'll leave it at that. At this point I don't think anything I say will persuade you anyway.

Fun Fact: We've spent more time arguing about this than the difference between the total time needed to complete either of the proposed methods.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #69
brandonator14

Brandonator14's Gamercard
Great Guide!!!

100K 4/16/2011 "Table Smasher 2000" The Simpsons Game
brandonator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #70
DarkFujin

DarkFujin's Gamercard
Quote:

Crafty, 15: Craft 20 items.

You craft items by using any workbench or campfire in the wasteland. To name a few, there is a workbench next to the tavern in Goodsprings, a campfire near the wells in Goodsprings, and a workbench in the Presidential Suite of Lucky 38 (the workbench must be bought). The easiest way to get this achievement is to either recycle or convert ammo. Each time you take the action counts as 'crafting' an item, so you want to do each conversion individually. In other words, if you have ten micro fusion cell recycles to do you should recycle each separately as opposed to doing all ten at once.

-Thanks to Tchort69 for the campfire heads up.
The first time I used a workbench I recycled 29 things of ammo at once, and the achievement popped. I hadn't crafted anything before that. So, you should be able to just do it all at once instead of doing one at a time.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #71
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
The first time I used a workbench I recycled 29 things of ammo at once, and the achievement popped. I hadn't crafted anything before that. So, you should be able to just do it all at once instead of doing one at a time.
Huh. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #72
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
For The Courier Who Broke The Bank I find it best to use 200 chips on the slots, if you get something good like say 3 bars or anything with a higher payout its 4,000 chips right there, its fairly easy too. To get that at a Blackjack table can take 30 minutes but at a slot machine more like 10.

So far I bankrupted Gomorrah with Cherrys and I bankrupted The Tops with 3 oranges... BTW If you skip over the 3rd Chip requirement and get straight up banned you don't get your Suite Key.

ALSO the Ultra-Luxe doesn't have any slots so no easy way out there, grinding out 15k chips at the tables...

Last edited by TpYourHouse; 11-13-2010 at 08:06 PM.
TpYourHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #73
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip. The achievement's guide has been modified to reflect that.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #74
tmg100

TMG100's Gamercard
Nice, really helpful
Old 11-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #75
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Although I did most of the game on my own, just like playing RPG's that way, I did resort to using this guide for help on a few things.

Awesome guide, I found no issues with it. This should be sticked IMO.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #76
Randini

This helped me out a lot. Thanks.
Randini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #77
Rectal Exambot

ProctologyRobot's Gamercard
Couple things I would change.

Only 3 play throughs, you can do Mr House on Hardcore, then get the achievements load back, turn hardcore mode off, kill Mr House and then finish Yes Man's quests.

And currently you can get The Whole Gang's Here by simply rehiring the same companions and then sending them back to lucky 38

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Whole_Gang%27s_Here
Rectal Exambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #78
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Exambot View Post
Couple things I would change.

Only 3 play throughs, you can do Mr House on Hardcore, then get the achievements load back, turn hardcore mode off, kill Mr House and then finish Yes Man's quests.

And currently you can get The Whole Gang's Here by simply rehiring the same companions and then sending them back to lucky 38

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Whole_Gang%27s_Here
While I know that the Mr. House / Yes Man quests have a large amount of overlap on them, it's ultimately up to the player to decide if they want to replay with new characters or use save backups. I've listed the exact points at which one should save before if they wish to use the backups, and that's about as much as I can do. I've tried to keep the guide at the lowest possible level. This way, if a user chooses to they may use a more efficient method listed but all users can take part in the main suggested method. It is much easier to 'step up' one's strategy than to simplify it, so hence the guide does have some redundancy (like this paragraph, unfortunately) in both explanations and methods to ensure there are no logic gaps. If you're going for ultimate efficiency, you can beat the game 4 times using one character and backup saves. If you want to take it slowly and simply, you can beat the game with 4 different characters. Ultimately it's up to the player to decide just how many times to play through the game is right for him / her.

For 'The Whole Gang's Here', do you mean for example hiring Boone 8 times by hiring and firing him repeatedly? I must admit I'm not quite sure of what you're implying. The linked Vault page lists that you can get all the companions over any number of games, but I just went and tried it; that's clearly false.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #79
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Several people have mentioned it, although I haven't tried it; supposedly, firing and rehiring the same person 8 times will get you the achievement. Someone initially posted on here that they never hired anyone but Raul and still got it.

I'm not sure if it works, but it's worked for some others. It's something that they might fix in a future patch, though, so I wouldn't trust its inclusion in the guide.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #80
Rectal Exambot

ProctologyRobot's Gamercard
Quote:
use save backups.
You don't even need to use save backups, logically you are going to save before you go to hoover dam, you can get your 45G from those 2 quests from House and then reload back to your old save and get another 45G in about 30 minutes. I wouldn't call it a backup and I thought it would be logical to include it in a guide, since people have already asked the exact same question on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
I'm not sure if it works, but it's worked for some others. It's something that they might fix in a future patch, though, so I wouldn't trust its inclusion in the guide.
It couldn't hurt to post it here, it would be patched, but in the mean time people will still check this thread. It worked for me.
Rectal Exambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 AM   #81
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
I just tried it and it didn't work for me, though given the variance between games (in terms of glitches) I can't tell if my disk is the exception or the rule in this regard. However, I'm loathe to include something that I can't replicate myself so I will leave out that possible method from the guide.

On that note, with the exception of the leveling method I haven't included any strategies that make use of a glitch because it's an ordeal to try to edit a submitted guide once it's posted. I plan to include a note about maybe needing to clear your cache to use the speech leveling method in the guide's submitted version. As a side note, that is also a contributing reason why I didn't include the alternate desert survivalist / stimpak delay method Ethereal235 (though of course not the main reason).

Rectal: On my first time playing through the game I didn't use a guide or read a walk through to avoid story spoilers. On such runs, I like to also only use one save file in order to stop myself from trying to undo any mistakes along the way. As such, I realized far too late that the game will end once the Battle for Hoomer Dam is over and my last save trapped me in it. So yes, there will be a save made before the Battle, but that does not necessarily mean it won't be overwritten.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #82
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
For the sake of accuracy:

For the achievement Mod Machine, each gun can NOT hold 3 mods, some have 3, some 2, some 1 and some none!

For the Achievement Return to Sender Ranger Andy has nothing to do with this quest. Speaking with him prior to that causes no known bugs.

Just so people know, when going for The Courier Who Broke the Bank, there is a saving/reload penalty when gambling in the casino. If you lose a bet and try reloading you will not be permitted to play for a period of time. (one minute I think) Doing it multiple times can get old. Seeing as making caps in this game is insanely easy you’re much better off just trying your luck and if you lose a few times so be it.

Not to be argumentative, but high strength is NOT required for the unarmed (Old tyme Brawler) achievement. All unarmed weapons, like every other category of weapons, have a strength as well as a skill requirement. If you meet both of those you are dealing maximum damage with that weapon. For example a power fist requires an unarmed of 50 and a strength of 5. If you have both of those met than you will do the maximum damage with it. Raising your strength any higher will NOT deal any further damage with that weapon. Probably the best weapon to use for unarmed achievement if you have a low skill is the “Cram Opener” as it has a skill requirement of 25, strength of 5 and it ignores enemy armor. Two hits in sneak attack mode will drop a super mutant master!

As for the “You run Barter Town” achievement, 10,000 caps is NOTHING! You will easily have that no later than half way through your play through. Selling suff, buying it back and reselling it, then killing the merchant is, no offence to who wrote that, absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever read! Killing a merchant in this game will NOT allow you to loot his caps or his inventory! You will NOT get your stuff or your caps back!

If you cant sell 10,000 caps worth of stuff in the course of this game you aint trying. Besides most of the better weapons in the game either have to be bought from the gun runners or need to modified with weapons mods so you will need way more than 10,000 caps to purchase these items. Just selling 2 sets of combat armor will easily net you 10,000 caps even with a low barter skill.

Just my 2cents worth, but for Stim-ply amazing and desert survivalist, drowning takes too long. Instead head over to New Vegas steel (south of New Vegas Strip). There are two red hot metal bars lying in the corner, if you touch them you will lose health, run around on them for a few seconds and your health will drop fast. Then eat or use stim-paks, repeat. Pretty quick and easy, takes about 5 minutes to get both.

**One quick thing to note on food and Stim-paks. Food heals over time and in
Hardcore mode so do stim-paks. To get this achievement all you have to do is consume the 10,000 points worth of food, you don’t have to wait for it to actually heal you. You can also eat more than it will take for your present heath to reach full as long as you eat it before you fully heal. Basically what I’m saying is as long as you can eat 10,000 points worth of food fast enough you can do it all at once. This also works with Stimpaks in hardcore mode.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!

Last edited by ReaptheChaos; 11-17-2010 at 11:26 AM.
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #83
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaptheChaos View Post
[...] Not to be argumentative [...]
Suuurrreeeee....

Quote:
For the sake of accuracy:

For the achievement Mod Machine, each gun can NOT hold 3 mods, some have 3, some 2, some 1 and some none!
As far as I know, the most mods for any single weapon is 3. Some guns have less than 3 mods to add to the weapon, but the maximum is 3. The gun can hold 3 mods, but there simply aren't 3 mods to add. The only exception to this rule are unique weapons, which unfortunately can't be modded.

Quote:
For the Achievement Return to Sender Ranger Andy has nothing to do with this quest. Speaking with him prior to that causes no known bugs.
Except for the fact that his mini-quest triggers the spawning of Legion soldiers in Charlie who will summarily execute all the NCR soldiers outside there (including the comms officer if you're unlucky). While the quest is still completable in this situation, it does make the quest slightly longer. And allow me to quote myself...

Quote:
Suggestions: Don't talk to Ranger Andy in Novac before completing this.
I never said anything about there being a bug.

Quote:
Just so people know, when going for The Courier Who Broke the Bank, there is a saving/reload penalty when gambling in the casino. If you lose a bet and try reloading you will not be permitted to play for a period of time. (one minute I think) Doing it multiple times can get old. Seeing as making caps in this game is insanely easy you’re much better off just trying your luck and if you lose a few times so be it.
The penalty is a grand total of one minute. I'm still not sure what your point here is as if you're following this guide you should never need to reload a save in the first place.

Quote:
Not to be argumentative, but high strength is NOT required for the unarmed (Old tyme Brawler) achievement. All unarmed weapons, like every other category of weapons, have a strength as well as a skill requirement. If you meet both of those you are dealing maximum damage with that weapon. For example a power fist requires an unarmed of 50 and a strength of 5. If you have both of those met than you will do the maximum damage with it. Raising your strength any higher will NOT deal any further damage with that weapon. Probably the best weapon to use for unarmed achievement if you have a low skill is the “Cram Opener” as it has a skill requirement of 25, strength of 5 and it ignores enemy armor. Two hits in sneak attack mode will drop a super mutant master!
I can see where you are coming from here, and in this case I agree with you. I'll edit the wording as I'm slightly misleading in this achievement's description. However, as you stated you need 5 Strength to use the majority of the unarmed weapons in the game, and I consider that a rather high amount of strength.

Quote:
As for the “You run Barter Town” achievement, 10,000 caps is NOTHING! You will easily have that no later than half way through your play through. Selling suff, buying it back and reselling it, then killing the merchant is, no offence to who wrote that, absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever read! Killing a merchant in this game will NOT allow you to loot his caps or his inventory! You will NOT get your stuff or your caps back!

If you cant sell 10,000 caps worth of stuff in the course of this game you aint trying. Besides most of the better weapons in the game either have to be bought from the gun runners or need to modified with weapons mods so you will need way more than 10,000 caps to purchase these items. Just selling 2 sets of combat armor will easily net you 10,000 caps even with a low barter skill.
I wrote that section, thank you very much. However, it was written on if I remember correctly the second day of my playing (which was pre patch). And yes, at that time you could kill a merchant and collect his / her inventory. I will admit I haven't verified that fact after the patch, so I will do so after making this post and edit with the results.

EDIT: You can loot non-named merchants pre patch, though named merchants you can't. After patch, both can't be looted so I'll fix that.

PS: On my first run through, I didn't get this achievement as I kept most of the high profile guns and armor for my own use. So it is quite possible to not get this achievement 'naturally'.

Quote:
Just my 2cents worth, but for Stim-ply amazing and desert survivalist, drowning takes too long. Instead head over to New Vegas steel (south of New Vegas Strip). There are two red hot metal bars lying in the corner, if you touch them you will lose health, run around on them for a few seconds and your health will drop fast. Then eat or use stim-paks, repeat. Pretty quick and easy, takes about 5 minutes to get both.

**One quick thing to note on food and Stim-paks. Food heals over time and in
Hardcore mode so do stim-paks. To get this achievement all you have to do is consume the 10,000 points worth of food, you don’t have to wait for it to actually heal you. You can also eat more than it will take for your present heath to reach full as long as you eat it before you fully heal. Basically what I’m saying is as long as you can eat 10,000 points worth of food fast enough you can do it all at once. This also works with Stimpaks in hardcore mode.
And this is why I know you didn't take the time to read the entire thread before posting. I'm not going over this again.

Last edited by Tracker4502; 11-17-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Tracker4502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #84
BurningBlaze21

Send a message via Skype™ to BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
The linked Vault page lists that you can get all the companions over any number of games, but I just went and tried it; that's clearly false.
I can confirm this. My first character i had 7 of the 8 companions, Veronica being the exception because when i got to the 188 Trading Post i did not know she was a companion and I already had Boone with me so I was duped into losing her forever.

I did make a second character and headed straight for the 188 Trading Post in hopes of getting my missed achievement rather quickly, but to no avail, after I recruited her no achievement, then I gathered the other 7 and it popped.

50,000 gamerscore reached: Friday April 9th, 2010
BurningBlaze21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #85
TentacleMayor

I like it, however I'm pretty sure Volare! doesn't involve Deathclaws. Done it twice and never had to fight one.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #86
isp 1992

isp1992's Gamercard
Quote:
Estimated Time to 1000: 45 - 60 Hours
i'm complete 1000 in 39 hour
isp 1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #87
Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TentacleMayor View Post
I like it, however I'm pretty sure Volare! doesn't involve Deathclaws. Done it twice and never had to fight one.
Unless you hug the coast extremely tightly or swim to the bomber, you'll have to go through the rail yard. Like most in the game, it is infested with Deathclaws.

Will be submitting this to the site tonight (with format editing of course).
Old 11-20-2010, 04:43 AM   #88
PanocideX

PanocideX's Gamercard
Great guide! Thanks a lot!
PanocideX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #89
xrxsxbx

Send a message via AIM to xrxsxbx Send a message via MSN to xrxsxbx

xrxsxbx's Gamercard
To get all of the story achs in one play through where do i need to save, for just reload and do the different quests

Last edited by xrxsxbx; 11-21-2010 at 09:50 AM.
xrxsxbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #90
lucas09

Quote:
Veni, Vini, Vici, 15: Complete Veni, Vini, Vici.

This achievement is unlocked after you complete the game by allying with the Legion at the Battle of Hoover Dam.
Man, you should correct that - the mission's correct name is "Veni, Vidi, Vici" , not "Veni, Vini,Vici" thx
lucas09 is offline   Reply With Quote