Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Vanquish
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Alktrio3
Banned User

TheGrannyGaper's Gamercard
Is this game worth buying??

like it says, is it worth buying? how is the game play and what games would you liken it too?
Alktrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
Shigurui

Shigurui's Gamercard
Definitely buy if you want to do multiple playthroughs, beat your Hi-Scores etc. If you only plan on one playthrough then rent as it's pretty short but regardless of it's length it's an awesome game.

Gameplay is a little like Gears (on speed!) with it's cover system and jump/roll evasion moves but it's different enough to feel fresh. Check the demo, it's a decent enough portion of the game to try the gameplay and help make your mind up.

Shigurui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
reinachii

ReinaChii's Gamercard
must play! bayonetta meets gears!
reinachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Seven ICARUS

Seven ICARUS's Gamercard
It's a must-buy if you like sweet action games! It is very over the top and so cheesy it drips of melted cheese. The controls are very tight and responsive. The gameplay is simply amazing, there is very little downtime just lots of shooting and stuff going explodey all the time. Why not try the demo?
Seven ICARUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
luciano666

nekromantix666's Gamercard
On hard difficult it's a little be frustrating but It's one of the best game out in the last weeks!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's like Probotector/Contra from the 90's in 3D. I love it realy! You don't have time to breath, it's a crazy trip on drugs in a lamborghini
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Yepp its worth buying, fun and fast!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
vgfanatic1

vgfanatic1's Gamercard
The gameplay looks great, but I don't know if I wanna spend $60 on something that only takes like 8 hours to beat. And from what I've heard, the challenges aren't enjoyable.

And theres no game rental places by me.
It seems to me that Black Ops just copied New Vegas and stripped it down to an arcade shooter. I mean NV revolutionized shooters with its "Aim Down Sights" system. Also they both have similar weapons like handguns, shotguns, assault rifles. Once again though, BO is lacking in that department with no unique weapons like laser guns. And the perk system? BO didn't even try to change the name!! They both have perks!!! Another blatant ripoff.
Look at the entire thread here.
vgfanatic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgfanatic1 View Post
And from what I've heard, the challenges aren't enjoyable.
Wat? You, Sir are heard wrong. Challenges are so much fun.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
spackhead

Everton's Gamercard
Its a brilliant game thats a very tough challenge to beat on hard (well for me anyway )

My only slight niggle is the fact that a lot of missions have a specific quest for an ach, and if you miss it and want to go back after beating the game via mission select, then all your weapon upgrades are gone.

Apart from that it rocks
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 AM   #11
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I ended up buying it when Amazon had their buy 2, get 1 free deal. Now that I've beat it and got all the achievements I'm going to get, I realize it would have been a good rental. Maybe not a 2 day rental, but definitely a Gamefly rental.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. I'm just done with it. I'll be putting it for sale on eBay.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #12
osbjorn

osbjorn's Gamercard
I don't If I would recommend buying this(because I beat it the day I got it and got the 1000 three days later), but I do want Platinum to be supported and to make many more great games so yes please buy it.
osbjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
bcherone

bcherone's Gamercard
it will be 30 bucks in a couple of months. def worth that.
bcherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
LOBO X9

LOBO X9's Gamercard
think i will rent first
LOBO X9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #15
natureismassive

foerl's Gamercard
nah, i was so looking forward to this game and now i play it "regularly" once every month. quite disappointing - no storyline, and very very very very repetitive gameplay.

bayonetta was quite the same. sorry these games look so good but then they just fail in every possible way.

Last edited by natureismassive; 12-03-2010 at 08:08 AM.
natureismassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
French_Kid

Decepticog72283's Gamercard

played the demo two days ago and was impressed...looked fun...but will probably wait til its lower in price...i still have a few games on my shelf that need playing that ive bought a while ago...plus AC:B at xmas.

but very fun for the short while i played until i died lol

sig by Refined Suicide

custom lancer skins by me!
BETA Tested: Gears of War 3, Gotham City Impostors, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Hybrid and World of Tanks
French_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Absolutely. I'm glad I chose this over MoH and Black Ops.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #18
Jaydude

Well I got it half price in an online sale recently, so the short length of the game wasn't an issue for me. The game itself is fun as hell, kinda reminds me of old-school arcade games but with current gen graphics and gameplay mechanics. If you can pick it up for less than full price I say go for it!
Jaydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
Now the game is under $10 it is well worth picking up. It is a really fun game that is very fast paced. The campaign may be a little short but you will have a blast all the way through with no standing around. The controls are excellent, it plays similar to a gears of war but way more fast paced and futuristic.

The game has a cheesy story but odds are you will be flying through kicking so much ass you wont really care. Hard mode is pretty challenging but nothing too crazy. The tactical challenges on the other hand can be a bitch.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #20
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Excellent thread revival!

OT: Vanquish is very much worth a purchase, but can only really be enjoyed on Hard mode. First playthrough could be considered training. Would make a great GwG.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #21
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Excellent thread revival!

OT: Vanquish is very much worth a purchase, but can only really be enjoyed on Hard mode. First playthrough could be considered training. Would make a great GwG.

Yeah the game is way more intense playing on hard. I have yet to conquer the tactical challenges but I am working on them!

I hope someday they make a sequel because the game really deserves one. Also, imagine this game with a multiplayer. It might be a little too fast paced at that point but it still makes me wonder what it would be like.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #22
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC BLUNTED View Post
I hope someday they make a sequel because the game really deserves one. Also, imagine this game with a multiplayer. It might be a little too fast paced at that point but it still makes me wonder what it would be like.
Yeah, it would be like Titanfall on speed. I'd purchase it day one too!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #23
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, it would be like Titanfall on speed. I'd purchase it day one too!
Its a shame that great quality games like this get overlooked but buggy, glitchy broken pieces of crap get center stage.

Vanquish was refreshing! Platinum games almost perfected the controls and there wasnt any glitches or annoyances to deal with. I think most developers needs to take a page out of their book because this is how games are made right!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #24
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Its a shame that great quality games like this get overlooked but buggy, glitchy broken pieces of crap get center stage.

Vanquish was refreshing! Platinum games almost perfected the controls and there wasnt any glitches or annoyances to deal with. I think most developers needs to take a page out of their book because this is how games are made right!
Very true. Though the development team behind Vanquish are not just extremely dedicated, but have a lot of experience. Unfortunately, I think publishers push developers to release their games earlier than they'd like. Like Battlefield 4, everyone hates on Dice, but I'm sure it's EA saying, "no, it's ready to sell NOW!"

Anywho, as much as I'd like a sequel..

Old 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #25
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

Quote:

Quote:
Very true. Though the development team behind Vanquish are not just extremely dedicated, but have a lot of experience. Unfortunately, I think publishers push developers to release their games earlier than they'd like. Like Battlefield 4, everyone hates on Dice, but I'm sure it's EA saying, "no, it's ready to sell NOW!"

Anywho, as much as I'd like a sequel..

agreed this game is awesome. i like platinum games they always do something a little different and have mad ideas for characters lol lol bayonetta a witch with guns on herlegs and her outfit is made up of her hair. vanquish you got this guy in a futuristic suit with boosters on the legs haha.

awesome game tho well worth grabbing. i still havent beat those tactical challenges. dark souls on ng+10 doesnt have shit on those challenges

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #26
EmZeroX

EmZeroX's Gamercard
I bought the game a few days ago, loved it.
I just got past challenge 6, and my hands are still shaking.
This has to be the best TPS I've played on the 360.

Platinum always making games that plays and feels good. I hope they have something to show on E3 other than Bayonetta 2.
EmZeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Campaign doesn't have much replay value IMO but one playthrough is satisfying enough. The real fun is the game mechanics and beating the six tactical challenges. I'd say it's worth buying.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote