PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #61
shadow9

DaveluvKellie's Gamercard
creed 2 is much better in terms of more freedom and more weaponry etc
but essentially its the same format of game
shadow9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #62
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The first was good but the second one is very goog in my opinion with improved gameplay and visuals. It is worth buying.

Achievements completion : 99,41%
Gamerscore completion : 99,43%
Retail games completed : 76/80
I'm a completionist!!!

Looking for partners to boost Saints Row 1 mp achievements

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:04 AM   #63
Corpus Canine

corpus canine's Gamercard
I bought AC1 and 2 used in a bundle for 15 about a year ago and while i enjoyed the first initially it got really repetitive very quickly. I almost didnt bother playing number 2 but a friend told me how much of an improvement it was over the original so i gave it a go. It's way better than 1 they improved on so many bad things from the first one.

If you hated AC1 from the start and gave up then you may not like AC2 but if you can pick it up cheap used its definitely worth giving a go.
Corpus Canine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #64
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
I'm in exactly the same boat as the guy who created this thread although i did like Assassin's Creed even though the game did get very repetitive.

Ive read through most of the comments on this thread and everyone seems to say the same thing, that Assassin's Creed 2 is far better than the original so i'm definetely going to purchase it ...... maybe even Brotherhood along with it
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #65
I Jear Bear I

I Jear Bear I's Gamercard
Yes the concept is the same as the first but the controls and the story is alot smoother in my opinion. I also disliked the first game for how repetitive the missions were and how the movement of Altair was glitchy but the second is far superior to it's root. Also it's an easy 1000 .
I Jear Bear I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:07 AM   #66
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You might like it better. You have more freedom and it's not as repetitive. The settings, weapons, and missions have much more variety, but if you had issues with the gameplay, chances are, you won't like the sequel either.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #67
Bllasae

I too hated the first one, but this one is ions better.
Bllasae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #68
Breedhate68

breedhate68's Gamercard
avoid at all costs, game ending glitches
Breedhate68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #69
grayvsgrey

commando 274's Gamercard
Smile Yes

Oh yeah, definitely worth buying. Everything that was wrong with the first game is fixed here. I liked the first one, but there was a lot of annoying crap in it, too. The flags have been replaced by 100 feathers (total), and the game tells you how many feathers are in each location and how many you've collected. There are more weapon slots which are easy to flip through, and as the game progresses you can buy better weapons. The combat is improved and there's more variation in the enemies. Instead of always having to run away and then find an elusive "hiding spot" to hide from engaged enemies, you can return to anonymity by simply breaking line of sight for a couple seconds. One of the biggest improvements: after you beat everything in a town, you get a cape that essentially gives you immunity - guards won't take any notice you unless you attack someone or you run right up to them on a rooftop. But the biggest improvement is that you can play the game with all your upgraded stuff after the credits roll; there's no required second playthrough and only one missable achievement (which is really easy to get). That is a TON of fun, and I was starting fights just to kick butt. The only downside is that the story and plot suck.
grayvsgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #70
kr0n

kr0nai's Gamercard
I didn't read any of the other posts so my apologies if my opinion is repetitive.
The AC series is one of the few series (Games and movies alike) where the sequels are actually better than the original.

The gameplay repetition is broken up very well in 2 & Brotherhood, and as I saw someone say, the storyline of the main character Ezio is much more captivating. He actually has a proper Italian voice! It kind of bothered me immensely that Altair was in the middle of Constantinople etc, but sounded like Mr. American G.I. Joe.

I started the series with 2, then Brotherhood, and finally AC1. I actually had no interest in playing AC at all and thought it was probably stupid, but my wife wanted to rent it anyway and she got frustrated with the jumping/wall running about 10 minutes in so I took over just to get her past that part and well, now I'm insanely hooked on everything that is AC haha.

Most of the gripes I heard from people who came from AC1 -> AC2 were that AC1 was much more repetitive and difficult. The first statement I can agree with, AC1 was pretty formulaic. 10 minutes cutscene to get mission -> eavesdrop -> pickpocket -> beatup -> 2-3 optional side missions -> assassinate -> 10m cutscene.

The open world/sandbox system is put to much better use in the latter Assassin's Creeds.
kr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #71
bekkilyn

bekkilyn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0n View Post
The gameplay repetition is broken up very well in 2 & Brotherhood, and as I saw someone say, the storyline of the main character Ezio is much more captivating. He actually has a proper Italian voice! It kind of bothered me immensely that Altair was in the middle of Constantinople etc, but sounded like Mr. American G.I. Joe.
I vaguely remember Desmond asking about the accents and/or why everyone in the holy land was speaking English, and it seems that the animus has some sort of translator. Perhaps animus technology has also improved between the games and they now at least speak English with the correct accent.

As for whether the OP will like AC2, it really depends on why s/he hated the first. Wonder what the decision was.
bekkilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #72
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds similar to me..

Got the first 5 new back in 2008 (sealed copy) in a sale.

Played it, did a few Assassinations and really really hated it!

The guards seemed impossible to outrun, I always got my ass handed to me in situations of more than 3 people. Super repetitive and I found it annoying as hell. Then there's this prospect of trying to find millions of flags.. no way.

Now Assassin's Creed 2. Just brilliant, the characters, storytelling, variation, the learning curve. Finally the ability to outrun the guards is at a much more suitable level and you won't have to keep on running for minutes just to escape a few.

It is truly an incredible achievement what they've managed to pull off, considering how stagnant its predecessor was, and one of the most impressive sequels available in the 360 library.

I'm playing it right now, 1 more sequence to go, and I've really really enjoyed it (especially now that I'm almost fully kitted out).

The only issue I ever have with the game is the controls which are not quite as refined as I would have hoped. Sometimes I'll tell Ezio to do one thing and he'll decide to do something else, not the best thing to happen when you're either on the run or pushed for time.

I haven't played Brotherhood (I plan to, hence the reason I'm desperate to finish this game off ASAP), so I can't comment on how much better the controls are in AC:B, but I suppose they should be refined in some way at least.

I'd recommend anyone that fancies a fantastic third-person adventure to buy it, especially considering how cheap it is now, even Brotherhood is very cheap.

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #73
Guitar LInc0ln

Guitar LInc0ln's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
@OP:

AC2 is doing everything very good what AC1 did wrong. If you hated the first one, you will love the second one!

Last edited by Guitar LInc0ln; 09-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Guitar LInc0ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #74
drailed06

lively2006's Gamercard
It is well worth it. There is a lot more to do and is not the same mission over and over agin
drailed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #75
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

I'm only on Sequence 1 Memory 5 - start of the game and loving it.

Hated the first one, storyline was good, but the playthrough was awful - same thing over and over.

People saying if you hated the first one, you won't like this, what a load of crap, there is much more to do in this.

Managed to get this for 5 new (shocking for me) and it's the Game of the Year Edition which is a bounus.

Last edited by cjdavies; 11-19-2011 at 01:31 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #76
Tanelorn

tanelorn82's Gamercard
Thank you OP. I had the same question/problem with the first one. I'm glad I found this topic.

I liked the first one, but found it too repetitive... so I didn't finish it.
I'll get the 2nd soon.

Is it important to know the plot/story of the first one to play the 2nd ?

Tanelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #77
JoolieBoolie64

joolieboolie64's Gamercard
I'm thinking about getting this game. It's still like $45 even though it's like 2 years old still
JoolieBoolie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:35 AM   #78
tmusicman321

robogenius96's Gamercard
Ac2

I personally have never played the original Assassin's Creed, but if you like RPGs, then you will love this game. The only downside is the fact that it takes around 10 hours to complete the game, but about thirty to complete all achievements.
tmusicman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #79
DarkMageII

DarkmageII's Gamercard
I felt that the first was very tedious and it soured me towards the rest of the series but now that prices are very cheap on them I plan to give the next ones a try. I've been told by many that the tedious things have been reduced and the gameplay has been improved.
DarkMageII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #80
burntpork

burntpork's Gamercard
Loved the first one. Tedious yes, 2nd one is better, way less tediousness
burntpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #81
Overcomerook825

Overcomerooke825's Gamercard
Hell no, the game sucks
Overcomerook825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #82
TheAsianMessiah

TheAsianMessiah's Gamercard
ac2 dominates ac1 in everyway
TheAsianMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #83
ChesterBlaise

Chesterblaise's Gamercard
To anyone wondering still whether to get this, I just picked it up today. It's a great buy and much better than the first in my opinion
ChesterBlaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #84
Onime

Onimenishiki's Gamercard
I didnt hate the 1st game but i did get bored of it, and avoided the 2nd for along time, didnt bother playing it till brotherhood came out, but i have to say its a much better game then the 1st and ultimately made me a fan of the series

Onime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #85
Robert90

Rob Alfaro's Gamercard
Yea I think everyone should play the 2nd one. Especially since thats where the tale of ezio begins! Also If there are people in the US,Target has the game for $8 brand new! Worth it
Robert90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #86
Plukske

MrGreen ZX6R's Gamercard
no

i hate all the assassin's creed games
Plukske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #87
slothmeister

I didn't really gel with the first game, but I'm just playing through 2 at the moment, I'm about 80% complete and loving it. Much more freedom
slothmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #88
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

I found the first one to get boring really quickly, although the second one lasted a little longer than that.

I'm into the stealth type games, but Theif: Deadly Shadows is just better.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #89
dizzymenace

dizzymenace23's Gamercard
almost impossible to hate this one
dizzymenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #90
dizzymenace

dizzymenace23's Gamercard
then you sir , are crazy
dizzymenace is offline   Reply With Quote