PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Mega Man 10
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Inferno9000

Inferno9000's Gamercard
Which is harder achievement wise, this or Mega man 9?

So I have every Achievement in Mega Man 9, all were really easy except for peacekeeper (Wily Stage 3 nightmares...ughh...). I've played nearly all the mega man games, and it's one of my favorite game series, however I'm a little upset that in this game you can choose an easy way out with easy mode and bass without worrying about achievements, idk, takes away the challenge for me. So two questions.

1. Are Mr. Perfect and Superhero harder to obtain than any mega man 9 achievements?
2. Mega man 9 had one difficulty, is it the equivalent of this game on normal or this game on hard?

Also, I'm playing on normal with protoman and so far I've beaten Sheep man, Pump man, Solar man, and Chill man without getting hit. It doesn't seem that bad, but some of the other stage seem icky, I'll see how I do. Also, why does everyone hate Chill man? He's one of the easiest bosses IMO, he just runs at you (jump over him), or jumps (slide), and you just ground spam Solar blade. Something I don't know about?

Inferno9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
AegisOrnus

Aegis Ornus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno9000 View Post
So I have every Achievement in Mega Man 9, all were really easy except for peacekeeper (Wily Stage 3 nightmares...ughh...). I've played nearly all the mega man games, and it's one of my favorite game series, however I'm a little upset that in this game you can choose an easy way out with easy mode and bass without worrying about achievements, idk, takes away the challenge for me. So two questions.

1. Are Mr. Perfect and Superhero harder to obtain than any mega man 9 achievements?
2. Mega man 9 had one difficulty, is it the equivalent of this game on normal or this game on hard?

Also, I'm playing on normal with protoman and so far I've beaten Sheep man, Pump man, Solar man, and Chill man without getting hit. It doesn't seem that bad, but some of the other stage seem icky, I'll see how I do. Also, why does everyone hate Chill man? He's one of the easiest bosses IMO, he just runs at you (jump over him), or jumps (slide), and you just ground spam Solar blade. Something I don't know about?
I think MM10 is much harder than 9, even at normal difficulty. I'd say that's because of the level design and the way weapons work on bosses; I just can't get the hang of some of them ^_^". Hard Mode is definitely hard. It's pretty much a Mega Man equivalent of Dante Must Die mode for the DMC series. It spams you with enemies, enemies spam you with attacks, each attack damages a little more than 1/4 of your health. I can't go into specifics because I still can't beat the mid-boss on Sheep Man's stage; The drones move much too fast and the lightbulb doesn't stay lit for long.

I feel that Mr. Perfect would be a harder achievement than anything in MM9. I guess that's a personal thing but I didn't have any troubles at all with anything in 9. I can definitely see myself getting stuck on Mr. Perfect and Superhero. I can see how you dodged hits through those stages using Protoman, especially if you're good at the game, which you seem to be. Those are some of the easier stages. I'd think Nitro, Blade, and Baseball(?) Man's stages would take some work. And then, if you're not doing it on easy, you have to do all of Wily's castle without getting hit which is a bit much for me to fathom. I have confidence in that I could do it but I'm not willing to devote the time and effort to go through some of the attempts where I'll probably make it to the end and get hit once. I just don't care to go through the pain. Hard mode is difficult enough for me.

Otherwise, if you can do it all on Normal (Hard if you're really ****in' ballsy), you will go down as a hero in my mind.

Edit: I'm going to have to retract a lot of my statement. I had no idea that Protoman was SO different from Mega Man. Hard mode, while challenging, is no where near as impossible using Mega. In fact, I'm having a total blast with it. If you're using Mega, the only thing that's true about what I said on Hard Mode is that there are a bit more enemies around and they either attack more often or they're faster. But that's about it.

Come check out my reviews! - aegisreviews.blogspot.com

Leave a comment!

Last edited by AegisOrnus; 12-12-2010 at 01:16 AM.
AegisOrnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
I just got 200 on this game a few days ago and I gotta say I think it's a bit harder but let me list my reasons:

I thought Mega Man 9 was very tough simply because I was new to the series and it's a VERY tough game at the beginning. Over time though it became laughable.

I think MM10 is tougher only because the achievements require more out of you. Mr. Perfect sounds intimidating but with easy mode, DLC weapons, Proto Man/Bass Man (with their added perks), and Youtube vids it becomes much easier.

Hard mode is also a little challenging but if you screw grind just stock up on E-Tanks and just haul your way through each level.

I'm gonna say that MM10 is tougher, but BARELY. If you can 200 MM9 then you can 200 this.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
darkromper

darkromper's Gamercard
mr perfect was a reeeeal biatch but mm9 is way harder than mm10 unless you count hard mode! yes the bosses arent as easy, but the level layouts on 10 are not as stressful as 9 ie jewel man stage and the wily castle is pretty intense on mm9! thats my 2 cents and im stickin to it. gettin the cheevos in 9 took me a while longer than 10 and im a mega man fanatic having beat all the old ones (1-6) and these new ones
darkromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
Searchman52

He So Pringles's Gamercard
Megaman 9 is so much harder.

Getting the not get hit achievement in this game isn't even that hard, it's just time consuming. If you have the time you can just do it. Megaman 9 is all about skill because you are time based for basically every achievement, and due to the lack of saving in wily's castle.

Boosting several different games as well.

Searchman52 is offline   Reply With Quote