PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #61
Trdis Trvler

Trdis Trvler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CODveteran View Post
I just received a Platinum Medal for The Combat Trial challenge. Hope it helps you (luckily I recorded it) and as of now ranked 6th on the leaderboards.

YouTube - Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 : The Combat Trial (Platinum Medal)
Question with this one. Can you start a new game and then only have the 14 or does it have to be done on the same save? I only need 3 more golds. for the achievemnet.
Thanks

GS=70K on 3/7/2013 @ 0202!!!! Now my goal is 85K by 12/31/2013!!!
Trdis Trvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #62
darthcoutz

MAST3R S0L0's Gamercard
Do you need to get 10 golds to get Champion cause i've seen a few that don't have 10?? any input would be great thanks

Last edited by darthcoutz; 11-13-2010 at 10:58 PM.
darthcoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #63
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoutz View Post
Do you need to get 10 golds to get Champion cause i've seen a few that don't have 10?? any input would be great thanks
Anybody who got the achievement for ten gold medals without ten gold medals is a liar and a hacker.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:39 AM   #64
D4B0MB1N4T10N
Banned User

D4B0MB1N4T10N's Gamercard
Why is this game so full of shit?

im fucking fuming right now trying to get these challenges done. its stupidly impossible, with these shitty controls and physics.

im trying to LB + B boost, not LB and fucking force push u awful game, learn my fucking button pushes game.

and its not fair when u get shot, then shot at 3 more times becasue the first shot left u stunned. fucking game, i hate these developers, and i was a huge star wars fan, but lucasarts can fucking suck it until they bring us the battlefront 3 were so desparately need!

fuck these stupid developers who are completely ignorant and lazy to make such an awful game. what the hell were they thinking? this is not how u make a game morons. i need to be one of those guys making these games because i understand how they should be made.

5 hour story and stupid, not-fun-at-all challenges? who is the douchebag i can go punch the living daylights out of to have come up with that idea?

/rant. i want my money back. and i got the collector's edition. fuck. me.
D4B0MB1N4T10N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #65
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Somebody needs to take some anger management classes, if they act this way over something so trivial as a video game. Seriously, I would hate to be in your girlfriend's shoes after making a wrong turn on the way to a party.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #66
D4B0MB1N4T10N
Banned User

D4B0MB1N4T10N's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Somebody needs to take some anger management classes, if they act this way over something so trivial as a video game. Seriously, I would hate to be in your girlfriend's shoes after making a wrong turn on the way to a party.
do u not get the feeling that these developers dont care about the game, and dont actually play the game they just made?

do they not understand how stupid they made it, especially the challenges? and whats with the 5 hour campaign?

we need someone to actually ask them these direct questions, and get an actual, honest repsonse from them. surely they know the flaws of their game, but are they gonna actually acknowledge that fact?
D4B0MB1N4T10N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #67
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4B0MB1N4T10N View Post
do u not get the feeling that these developers dont care about the game, and dont actually play the game they just made?

do they not understand how stupid they made it, especially the challenges? and whats with the 5 hour campaign?

we need someone to actually ask them these direct questions, and get an actual, honest repsonse from them. surely they know the flaws of their game, but are they gonna actually acknowledge that fact?
I get the feeling that Haden Blackman cared very much for the series he put a lot of effort into, though I'm not going to lie when I admit I question how much influence he had on this installment.

The length of a campaign really makes no difference to me, and the challenges, while by no means easy, weren't that much of a let down for me. Having bought the Collector's Edition myself, though (admittedly, for the flash drive), I understand your frustration. I know I come off as a dick, but I do understand where you're coming from. However... I'm hoping, and feeling pretty confident that, everything will be made right again if and when the third installment is released.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #68
darthcoutz

MAST3R S0L0's Gamercard
Quote:
Anybody who got the achievement for ten gold medals without ten gold medals is a liar and a hacker.

Yeah i didn't think that could be done. Something didn't seem right.Thanks
darthcoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #69
Ferocious
Banned User

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

The game is a lot of fun imo. I mean, the game is shorter than it's predecessor however there seems to be less lingering/exploring and a lot of action. Not to mention the cutscenes are great as is the final fight with Vader. Starkiller was full of raging emotion going into that final fight and it showed, even on Unleashed difficulty (health drain crystal - green and the black crystal ftw... he got demolished with every strike as I gained back health as I smashed him into the electricity.

The endings were pretty extreme in the Light Side/Dark Side paths respectively. Meaning, the light side ending was very good as the dark side ending was very dark, not to mention left you with a few WTF's that were pretty cool. However, you rarely see great endings in these type of games anymore so it was a breath of fresh air to see the Light Side ending work out so nicely.

I think the controls were spot on (once you adjust to them).. the only times the controls were not spot on.. or should I say the mechanics, is during some trials. For example, the combat trial... it wasn't fun completing the combo perfectly and seeing the motions but because the droid would fly off the edge and another spawn it would sometimes cancel the on-screen prompts thus not giving credit. They shouldn't hold you back in trials, if you are fast enough to keep going and know your stuff.. you should be able to complete it as if you were in-game. My combos have not broken in-game through 3 play-throughs. When you press the right buttons, the magic happens on-screen. However, it wasn't a bad trial.. just a bit underdeveloped in the sense I mentioned but to be honest I could care less as I had a lot of fun in the story. Some sort of co-op instead in a future title would be great if they could implement it properly. After getting my achievements for the trials, I probably won't replay them as they weren't that fun (they're good for one play-through), however a co-op element of some sort could potentially add a lot of replay value after going through the story completely.

Starkiller owns... not to mention that actor did a great job to convey where his mind was and what he was feeling.. especially towards the end of the game and in the Light Side ending.

Last edited by Ferocious; 11-14-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #70
Spectreshade85

spectreshade85's Gamercard
Thanks for posting those videos, they saved my frustration level a ton! I was able to do the first challenge in 59 or so and got gold/platinum on the rest!
50K GS: 8/3/11 (Dragon Age 2: Knowledgeable)
60K GS: 4/20/12 (Kinect Adventures: Shining Example)
70K GS: 3/30/13 (Bioshock: Infinite: Heartbreaker)
80K GS: 3/4/14 (Darksiders II: The Secondary Adventure)

Spectreshade85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #71
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
Finally did it but had to start again. I now have 9 gold and I just cannot get gold on the defection trial.
WipeoutBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #72
CODveteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trdis Trvler View Post
Question with this one. Can you start a new game and then only have the 14 or does it have to be done on the same save? I only need 3 more golds. for the achievemnet.
Thanks
If you're asking if you can get gold without leveling up the saber attacks, yes I believe so. But you cannot hit platinum times until you unlock all the saber combos.
CODveteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #73
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeoutBoy1 View Post
Finally did it but had to start again. I now have 9 gold and I just cannot get gold on the defection trial.
Try putting both sabers to defensive ones, helped me out a lot but wasn't sure if that was a placebo effect
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #74
ttdrevan

o Revan x's Gamercard
I cant finish first challenge even for bronze, any tips? I keep pressing buttons in order and still sometimes they disappear in the middle of combo, also the last one is killing me, just today got 40 seconds to finish last (double 4) and lost all time....

Revan's 1000/1000+ Games
Call of Duty 2, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed 2, The Force Unleashed, Modern Warfare 2, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Prince of Persia (2008)
ttdrevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #75
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdrevan View Post
I cant finish first challenge even for bronze, any tips? I keep pressing buttons in order and still sometimes they disappear in the middle of combo, also the last one is killing me, just today got 40 seconds to finish last (double 4) and lost all time....
I guess the best you can do is practice, and watch any YouTube videos if you have the patience to memorize their behaviour and actions.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #76
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyofSneaks View Post
Try putting both sabers to defensive ones, helped me out a lot but wasn't sure if that was a placebo effect
It helped m8 thanks I made it to 3 minutes 50 before I got raped, I just about got it 04:00:357
WipeoutBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #77
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
Anyone have tips on how to do "XXXX XXXX"?

Have all the other challenges done but can't do this stupid last move.

bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #78
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
EASY Retriever Trial Method

You do NOT need to go on a single moving platform except one. Right from the beginning, press dash (LB) twice instantly. You will now be on the first platform. Look at the stationary platform to your right. Press Dash right at end of ledge, then Jump, then Dash, then boost. (LB+A+LB+B). You will make the jump if done properly. Look at next Stationary Platform to your left. Do the same thing. Now you need to jump on one of the moving platforms (either one). Just jump and dash, or dash, jump, dash. Then Dash jump to the holocron. Do the same thing back. Jump on a moving platform, then jump on the stationary platform. Now do the same thing you did before to get back. Using the Dash, Jump, Dash, boost technique.

I got 30 seconds. Ranked 22 of the world currently. You only need 40 seconds or lower for Platinum.

But this is the easiest trial out of all of them

Last edited by Venomized; 11-25-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #79
Venomized

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Anyone have tips on how to do "XXXX XXXX"?

Have all the other challenges done but can't do this stupid last move.
Right as you press the last X out of the first set (fourth one), wait until he does a 360. Right when he is near the end of his 360, press x,x,x,x. Just try to get the feel of the 360. Easy
Old 11-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #80
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
Thanks Venom.
I figured it out.

The best I've done is 53.4 seconds. this game

Screw you Lucas Arts, I will never rent or buy another game from you again.
This laggy piece of crap is annoying. Every time I'm doing well I have to worry about double tapping a button thanks to your horrible coding skills.

Last edited by bennifer3000; 11-26-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #81
Apollo312

Apollo312's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
EASY Retriever Trial Method

You do NOT need to go on a single moving platform except one. Right from the beginning, press dash (LB) twice instantly. You will now be on the first platform. Look at the stationary platform to your right. Press Dash right at end of ledge, then Jump, then Dash, then boost. (LB+A+LB+B). You will make the jump if done properly. Look at next Stationary Platform to your left. Do the same thing. Now you need to jump on one of the moving platforms (either one). Just jump and dash, or dash, jump, dash. Then Dash jump to the holocron. Do the same thing back. Jump on a moving platform, then jump on the stationary platform. Now do the same thing you did before to get back. Using the Dash, Jump, Dash, boost technique.

I got 30 seconds. Ranked 22 of the world currently. You only need 40 seconds or lower for Platinum.

But this is the easiest trial out of all of them
What? This method wasn't easy because of the goddamn timing of the boost and the fact that sometimes the next platform seemed to be so far away...
Despite my frustation though I still somehow managed to be ranked 26th at the moment I completed it the last time.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #82
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
Well I finally beat that crappy challenge.

I'd suggest 2 things:
-Not attacking the drone (make laps around edge of circle)
-Not button mashing

The calmer you press the buttons, the less likely you are to screw up, and you get into a rhythm for the last 3 moves. I fell off one attempt and beat it with 54-something seconds to go, but the next attempt I beat it at 59 seconds.

Good riddance.

Last edited by bennifer3000; 11-27-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #83
kestrel

Darth Kestrel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Well I finally beat that crappy challenge.

I'd suggest 2 things:
-Not attacking the drone (make laps around edge of circle)
-Not button mashing

The calmer you press the buttons, the less likely you are to screw up, and you get into a rhythm for the last 3 moves. I fell off one attempt and beat it with 54-something seconds to go, but the next attempt I beat it at 59 seconds.

Good riddance.
Good suggestions and glad to hear that you did it. I still feel that it is better to do the first Combat Challenge while your lightsaber is still at level 1 and not upgraded. That way, there are less combos to do and you won't have to complete the tricky combos at the end.
After completing, then upgrade your saber at will.

Last edited by kestrel; 11-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #84
Venomized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo312 View Post
What? This method wasn't easy because of the goddamn timing of the boost and the fact that sometimes the next platform seemed to be so far away...
Despite my frustation though I still somehow managed to be ranked 26th at the moment I completed it the last time.
The timing? There is no timing invlove, you just press the buttons. Except the Dash boost, you have to press at the right time at the end of the dash. As for the platform being so far away. Yes it is, but you should have more than enough space to make it. Take your time to practice, and once u got it down, go full out. Once i figured it out, it literally took me 3 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #85
ONImukade

ONImukade's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, it was a massive help!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:45 AM   #86
Horwitz

MightyHorwitz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DosuKinuta13 View Post
For the Final Gauntlet, or trial 10. I got platinum on my first try. If you use a charged level 3 saber throw, you'll kill any of them mechs with approx 2 throws. Extremely easy and quick. Even if you don't charge it and spam, it's still faster than trying to hack and slash them. Just deal with the other soldiers as you normally would. I just thought i'd give some help on the mechs.
Brilliant! Thank you so much for the tip, I just got my platinum medal.

What I'm stuck on now is both the Deflector challenge and the Cloning Spire Challenge. Deflector has gotten me close to breaking my controller. Know any tips for these two challenges? I tried to follow the guide, but I still can't figure out how to wrap these damn challenges up.

Last edited by Horwitz; 12-02-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:58 AM   #87
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
Brilliant! Thank you so much for the tip, I just got my platinum medal.

What I'm stuck on now is both the Deflector challenge and the Cloning Spire Challenge. Deflector has gotten me close to breaking my controller. Know any tips for these two challenges? I tried to follow the guide, but I still can't figure out how to wrap these damn challenges up.
Grab and throw the projectiles back at the walkers as quickly as possible. It's faster, safer, and more efficient than actually deflecting.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 AM   #88
Horwitz

MightyHorwitz's Gamercard
Quote:
Grab and throw the projectiles back at the walkers as quickly as possible. It's faster, safer, and more efficient than actually deflecting.
That worked so well that it got me the achievement. And it did work better with projectiles. All I need to do now is beat the game on Unleashed and its done. Thanks for your help.
Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #89
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Hello All,

This post is geared toward anyone who bothered trying to attain Platinum on every challenge.
I've managed to get platinum on every Challenge but 2. Which are the "scout trooper trial" and the "trial of agility" (exclusive to collector's the edition).

The margin of error seems so minimal for the STT that it nearly seems impossible. My best time for it is 33.602, but under 30 seems ludicrous.

As for the TOA my best time is 10.094 and Plat is 10.00.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to improve my time and attain Plat?

And for anyone who would like to say "whats the point all you need is Gold", I now have my full 1k but I feel the game was so short that completing platinum on these challenges will be the only way for me to get my full dollars worth.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #90
Belmont 83

Send a message via AIM to Belmont 83

Belmont 83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DosuKinuta13 View Post
For the Final Gauntlet, or trial 10. I got platinum on my first try. If you use a charged level 3 saber throw, you'll kill any of them mechs with approx 2 throws. Extremely easy and quick. Even if you don't charge it and spam, it's still faster than trying to hack and slash them. Just deal with the other soldiers as you normally would. I just thought i'd give some help on the mechs.
Man that helped big time. Thanks for the tip.