PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
Poganin

Send a message via MSN to Poganin

Poganin's Gamercard
It seems to me like this stuttering problem is connected somehow with the Dashboard update. I put TFU2 in my console today to get some more achievements and it's nearly unplayable. I am reinstalling the game now to see if it helps. If not, I will check the gamertag recovery trick.

Edit: Well, it seems the GT recovery helped a bit but I can still see some minor stuttering.

Last edited by Poganin; 11-02-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Poganin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #32
Steakslave

Steakslave's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakslave View Post
Lag in the campaign is one thing, but as it stands right now I can't even finish the first challenge because it's so bad. Another rushed product for the shopping season I guess...
I finally got gold on the 1st trial, but I did it on the 1st of the 3 save slots. For some reason, it didn't have the same lag. My main game was on the 2nd of the 3 which I believe it starts you on automaticly. Funny thing is, I only got the gold because on that save slot I haven't upgraded my sabre yet and it only gives you 14 combos to do instead of the full 26.
Steakslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #33
Geegeez

WeTakingFire's Gamercard
Just to echo some of the sentiments here, I recently started experiencing lag just after the dashboard update. Every time I kill an enemy it lags like crazy. Very frustrating.
Geegeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #34
Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Recovering my tag in hopes it helps. Not sure but did anyone recover a tag on the new dashboard it's always been fast(5-10 minutes) it's now going on a hour and a half.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #35
o YippeeKiYay o

o yippeekiyay o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I started playing the game after the dashboard update.

My first playthrough was fine. I am now just replaying the missions on Unleashed. The first level was fine now on the second level it is freezing on me for about 1 second every 25 seconds. After playing Fallout NV i really do not need this shit. It seems everyone is ruching games out at the moment.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #36
Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
well the recovering the GT helped a ton and im hoping i do not need to do that every time i want to play tfu2

PATCH PLEASE!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #37
Geegeez

WeTakingFire's Gamercard
Another thing is that with the lag it made getting the Top of the World achievement more difficult than it really was supposed to be. I kept lagging before and during jumps and it was throwing my timing off.
Geegeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #38
AHR98

a6h3r1's Gamercard
wow i thought i was the only one getting lag, it got pretty slow at some points, thought it was just the bubba fett costume i used through the entire game lol
Old 11-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #39
Yelomachine

Yelomachine's Gamercard
Thanks for the gamertag recovery suggestions, worked like a charm. Still dont know why that works but at least i can play the game without a headache now.
Yelomachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #40
Steven Teal

RealDea1Teal's Gamercard
This game never lagged for me. Either you have bad connection or a crappy xbox.
Steven Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #41
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Teal View Post
This game never lagged for me. Either you have bad connection or a crappy xbox.
Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #42
Steven Teal

RealDea1Teal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one.
Nope. Im sure there is a lot of people who didnt have any lag. It will lag more if you have an x box arcade or pro. If you have the elite or slim it should run perfectly fine.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #43
northbloke

northbloke's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Teal View Post
Nope. Im sure there is a lot of people who didnt have any lag. It will lag more if you have an x box arcade or pro. If you have the elite or slim it should run perfectly fine.
Sorry but no, I have an elite and I'm getting terrible lag in this game. I'm going to try some of the suggestions here.
northbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #44
kestrel

Darth Kestrel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
No lag here and no complaints.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #45
Steven Teal

RealDea1Teal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbloke View Post
Sorry but no, I have an elite and I'm getting terrible lag in this game. I'm going to try some of the suggestions here.
When was the last time you gave your x box a little cleaning?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #46
ONImukade

ONImukade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMasterD View Post
i rented this from gamefly and the game is brand new. right off the start i put it on my hard drive before playing and on level 1 i noticed it lagged every time i grabbed a tie fighter then progressively more and more to the point of any battle the screen freezes up for bout 1-2 seconds then continues.

so today playing it keeps doing it and i took it off my hard drive and played it a little and that seems worse like it happens more. tried to clear cache clear some space on hard drive (right now its got like 40gigs free on the 120 gig drive) still same and then put it back on hard drive and still same lag.

just wondering if anyone else is having anything like this happen. game looks awesome just sucks to play when its like this. out of ideas here. could this be a faulty game from the factory maybe ?
I have exactly the same problem. It happens when i get into a fight and its a pain in the arse because i'm trying my final run through on unleashed difficulty. PURE PAIN. Like you it happens for a couple of seconds at regular intervals, probably every 20-25 seconds? A nightmare because i actually quite like this game despite the shortened story line.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #47
Aeternox

Aeternox's Gamercard
i've seen the same problems with the copy i got from gamefly mine seems to be laggy since obtaining almost every achievement and it truely makes doing the trials way more difficult
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:59 AM   #48
TheTygerfire

TheTygerfire's Gamercard
it's an issue with the game, not your Xbox. The game chugs all the time and there really isn't a reason other than the actions on screen.
TheTygerfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #49
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
I have experienced no lagging at all. I have the New Slim model and it is installed on my HDD.

I also did a Gametag recovery before this to receive my glitched Achievement in Costume Quest. Which may or may not have helped with this.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #50
DarkJediRPM

dx jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had this problem also which made doing some of the challenges impossible. Cleared the cache and the game works fine now.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #51
redbeard_nj

redbeard nj's Gamercard
i started to get a framerate drop on the second level whenever i do a grapple move. when it goes into the grapple animation, it freezes for a second.

i also have a core 360 with a 120g attached to it. and my hdd is pretty old now and has been filled up many of times. i always wonder also if its my hdd(being so fragmented or whatever). i had problems with other games too, then when i play the game on another console with a different hdd and my gamertag, it works fine.( i have kids, so i have multiple 360's in the house)

im seriously considering buying a new hdd. but the odd thing is, some days i get no lag at all. and i always clear my cache(and also recovered my gamertag multiple times). so im just as baffled, i just cant figure it out...........
redbeard_nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #52
redbeard_nj

redbeard nj's Gamercard
well now i know for sure its not the HDD. when i sign in with a different account while the game is running, it then exits you to the start screen. then i start a new game and there is absolutely no framerate drops at all.

so its has to be something with the gamertag. i had the same problem with Castlevania:LOS. it seems people with high gamerscores are being effected the worse.

i guess when they do testing, they use fairly new "test" accounts wich im sure have low gamerscores. so this may be the reason this crap is being missed by the game testers.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #53
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The game always lagged whenever I unlocked achievements. After doing a few more playthroughs, I notice it still lags whenever I charge up my force push and send some stormtroopers flying, or when I grip some TIE fighters.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #54
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Sounds like a likely issue with your console. No issues at all here with lag. *shrugs*
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #55
redbeard_nj

redbeard nj's Gamercard
ok i deleted my save file and started over again. i had absolutely ZERO lag for the first half of the game. then, just like my first playthrough, it starts to lag again.

so this time i put my save file and my gamertag on a flashdrive, then played the game on my son's xbox 360. still got the same exact lag.

now my flashdrive has a light, and everytime its accessed the light goes on. weird thing is that everytime i hit lag or framerate drop, my flashdrive lights up. and i tried this with just my gamertag on the flashdrive, and my save file on the HDD. seems to light up whenever it is registering something with the gamertag.

so last nite i gave it another shot. i went over my buddies house with my flashdrive and played on his console. same thing, lots of lag. my gamertag is at 60mb, i wonder if that has anything to do with it. oh yeah, and my flashdrive was lighting up like a christmas tree every two seconds on his console too.

the thing that sucks is that i really like this game regardless of the reviews,etc. i find this series to be a real enjoyment and i can have fun playing the game multiple times.

Last edited by redbeard_nj; 01-28-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #56
redbeard_nj

redbeard nj's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonegunman718 View Post
Recovering my tag in hopes it helps. Not sure but did anyone recover a tag on the new dashboard it's always been fast(5-10 minutes) it's now going on a hour and a half.
recovering gamertag for me is an absolute nightmare. last time i did it for Castlevania LOS it took TWO and a HALF HOURS! i think the more games played or alot of achievements, the longer it takes.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #57
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
I noticed the problems during my playthrough but it didnt bother me until I tried to do the 1st challenge. This is crazy, it stutters and pauses during the combos, and that causes me to miss out on button presses.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #58
treed052

treed052's Gamercard
i installed it to my hard drive and it still would frame rate lag. no idea why.
treed052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #59
THE Mr Fill

the mr fill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Just a few comments for those who say "it's your Xbox".

I have 2 Xboxes - Arcade with 120gb hard drive installed and an Elite.
When I started playing it was perfect, not a problem - the following day I started playing again and after a few levels it began to lag.
I finished the game on Easy (to get towards the Maxed out before going for Unleashed), and it was only during the later levels that it started lagging.
Last night I moved from my Arcade to my Elite, and it was lagging no matter what I did, even during Challenges.
I've now tried 3 times to get the "do not die during Endor", but every time I run through one of those pods it freezes, and I die when the game unfreezes as my timing is thrown right off!

It has NOTHING to do with the Xbox, or one would run perfectly while the other would glitch!

I have installed to the hard drive on the Elite with no improvement - I have a feeling it's to do with the size of your game save, as the more you do, the more it lags!

I will try recovering my gamertag, and moving gamertag & the save from my official USB memory stick to the hard drive, but it's seriously bad that it wasn't tested on these as MANY people do what I do (gamertag & saves on stick so you can move them around).

Retail:
1000+gs=16 - 1000gs=41 - 900+gs=11 - 800+gs=14
Arcade:
400 games=3
200 games=8
50 games=4
WP games=46

40k 28-09-2009; 50k 31-07-2010; 60k 29-09-2010
70k 27-12-2010; 80k 07-02-2011; 90k 31-03-2011
100k 18-05-2011; 110k 29-06-2011 120k 19-09-2011
130k 25-02-2012; 140k 03-03-2013 150k 06-08-2013
160k 22-03-2014
I'm slowing down...
THE Mr Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #60
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
I have the same exact problem. I have a full save file completed on Easy with everything maxed out. When I started the challenges it was pretty much useless on the first one. With so much lag it is pretty much impossible.

I loaded the game on the hard drive and cleared the cache and that solved nothing. I'd hate to have to try to recover gamertag just to solve this issue with one game.

I was cruising right along getting every possible achievement, but with this lag problem it will make getting the rest of them a nightmare.