Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fable 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
TheDeceiver35

TheDeceiver35's Gamercard
Demon Door Guide

I saw a couple threads requesting this so figured I could contribute. The following does contain minor spoilers.

There are six demon doors to open in our third trip to Albion. While they do not (at least not yet) contribute towards any achievements, the rewards for opening them are excellent in most cases.

City of Aurora Demon Door:
Can only be entered after the revolution as before that it is blocked by rubble.
This door requires you to have either 100% good or 100% morality in order to enter.

Reward: A Legendary Weapon (appears to be random which you get)

Brightwall Village Demon Door:
This demon door wants you to bring a child to it. It needs to be your own child or one you have adopted from the Bowerstone Orphanage as you cannot hold hands with and lead other children.
If the door does not open right away, try hugging the child in front of it.

Note: There seems to be several bugs currently with this door. If at first it does not open, some people have had success with zoning out then going back, picking up their child again and bringing it to the door a second time.

Reward: 25 Guild Seals and 3 Summon Creature Potions

Millfields Demon Door:
This demon door wants to see someone who has no regard for the usual trends of fashion and beauty. Basically it wants you to change into some ugly clothes and let your weight meter hit the far right end of the scale. Dying the pajama's different colours will work for the clothes, as for the body mass try eating fattening foods such as pies, or by drinking a lot of alcohol. Your attractiveness meter seems to need to be quite close to the left side in order for the door to open.

Added: Several members have mentioned that if you are currently wearing any tattoos, it appears the door will not open, try removing them to fix this.

Reward: 40 Guild Seals

Mistpeak Valley Demon Door:
This demon door wants to see some love between friends. Inviting a friend into your game and preforming the Kiss, Tickle and Hug expressions in front of it will open the door (this will require both players have the Lovers Expression Pack which costs 5 guild seals).

Note: This can also be done with a second controller (thanks to Artphobia for this info).

This door also appears to currently be experiencing the most bugs for players. Several of our members here have suggested that if using the above three expressions doesn't automatically open the door, continue to do "good expressions" (the ones using the A button on the controller) and listen for the remarks the door makes in order to know your making progress. It should hopefully eventually open.

Reward: A Legendary Weapon (Appears to be random which one you get)

Mourningwood Demon Door:
In order to open this door you must stand in front of it with a fully upgraded legendary weapon. This means you need all three traits unlocked on whatever weapon you pick along with the appropriate level 5 upgrade (melee or ranged) from the road to rule.

Confirmed: It also appears to currently work with hero weapons (thanks to Drewbird for the update)

Reward: Military Costume

Sunset House Demon Door:
To open this door, you need to be the king or queen of Albion, pure and simple. If your not yet, just continue the main story.
Reward: 1,000,000 gold

Last edited by TheDeceiver35; 11-03-2010 at 10:00 PM.
TheDeceiver35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Krueg70

I Krueg I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just to update the Brightwall Village demon door. I brought an adopted child to the door and it still wouldn't open. Then my own kid finally grew up and I took him there and it finally opened, so it seems that you can't use an adopted kid to open that particular door.

Krueg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
SMach8

SMach8's Gamercard
I tried using my own child and the door wouldnt open. instead it started rambling on about someone in aurora which was a new line from the door. is this a glitch, or does time of day matter when you go to the door?
SMach8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Ashes in Fall

Ashes in Fall's Gamercard
Why haven't any of the guide threads been stickied yet?
The present is well out of hand.
I can now see everything falling to
pieces before my eyes." - Ian Curtis of Joy Division
Ashes in Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Schryke

Schryke's Gamercard
I tried using my own kid after I could lead her around and it wouldn't open, so I eventually got her to like me then took her over and it worked.
Schryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Dragonling

Dragonling's Gamercard
Quick correction:

Millfields door wouldn't actually let me in if I put ANY effort into wearing something...ie: dying an item is effort. After much porting back and forth I finally got it to open with my female toon at full weight, facial fair & normal woman's pjs. mens pjs did not work (considered "effort").
Dragonling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Denver N Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueg70 View Post
Just to update the Brightwall Village demon door. I brought an adopted child to the door and it still wouldn't open. Then my own kid finally grew up and I took him there and it finally opened, so it seems that you can't use an adopted kid to open that particular door.

you can use an adopted kid it opened for me
Pro Evo 6
Halo Wars 1200
NFS Carbon 1000
Bully 1000
Madden 08 1000
Assassins Creed 1000
Assassins Creed 2 1000
The Darkness 1000
Gears Of War 1250
Gears Of War 2 1750
TMNT 1000
Prison Break 1000
Monopoly 1000
CSI Hard Evidence 1000
The Simpsons 1000
Denver N Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:00 AM   #8
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver N Michelle View Post
you can use an adopted kid it opened for me
Must be glitchy. I just adopted a kid, maxed out Love, held hand all the way to the Brightwall demon door and the demon just keeps babbling. Guess I'll have to wait for my own flesh and blood to grow up...

EDIT: Definitely glitchy. I can confirm it can be done with an adopted child. After doing the above, I just led my adopted kid back home, then all the way back to the demon door without doing anything else. Now the door opens. WTF.

Last edited by fastNcurious; 10-31-2010 at 12:05 AM.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
roflkatz

A7X 77777777777's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeceiver35 View Post
I saw a couple threads requesting this so figured I could contribute. The following does contain minor spoilers.

There are six demon doors to open in our third trip to Albion. While they do not (at least not yet) contribute towards any achievements, the rewards for opening them are excellent in most cases.

City of Aurora Demon Door:
Can only be entered after the revolution as before that it is blocked by rubble.
This door requires you to have either 100% good or 100% morality in order to enter.
Reward: A Legendary Weapon (appears to be random which you get)

Brightwall Village Demon Door:
This demon door wants you to bring a child to it. It needs to be your own child or one you have adopted from the Bowerstone Orphanage as you cannot hold hands with and lead other children.
Reward: 25 Guild Seals and 3 Summon Creature Potions

Millfields Demon Door:
This demon door wants to see someone who has no regard for the usual trends of fashion and beauty. Basically it wants you to change into some ugly clothes and let your weight meter hit the far right end of the scale. Dying the pajama's different colours will work for the clothes, as for the body mass try eating fattening foods such as pies, or by drinking a lot of alcohol.
Reward: 40 Guild Seals

This demon door wants to see some love between friends. Inviting a friend into your game and preforming the Kiss, Tickle and Hug expressions in front of it will open the door (this will require both players have the Lovers Expression Pack which costs 5 guild seals).

Mourningwood Demon Door:
In order to open this door you must stand in front of it with a fully upgraded legendary weapon (not the Hero Weapons). This means you need all three traits unlocked on whatever weapon you pick along with the appropriate level 5 upgrade (melee or ranged) from the road to rule.

Sunset House Demon Door:
To open this door, you need to be the king or queen of Albion, pure and simple. If your not yet, just continue the main story.
Reward: 1,000,000 gold
Whats the sunset house
roflkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:47 AM   #10
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
The Millfield Demon Door won't open for me. 100% fat, but keeps bitching about fashionable clothes. Mix and matching, full pajamas, mix and match dye, no dye, no clothes, no upper body. Nothing's working so far. Any ideas? Keeps saying 'Wake up, walk out your door, and right through this one." Stupid door.

Edit, like a minute later: Took off tattoos, and it let me through.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.

Last edited by Nei Debrusc; 10-31-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
This one CAN be done with a 2nd controller on the same xbox. You also do not need worry about the 2nd having the Lovers Expression when doing it this way.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:44 AM   #12
Dragonling

Dragonling's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei Debrusc View Post
The Millfield Demon Door won't open for me. 100% fat, but keeps bitching about fashionable clothes. Mix and matching, full pajamas, mix and match dye, no dye, no clothes, no upper body. Nothing's working so far. Any ideas? Keeps saying 'Wake up, walk out your door, and right through this one." Stupid door.

Edit, like a minute later: Took off tattoos, and it let me through.
Ahh yes you are correct, I checked and I did not have any tattoos or makeup active on my toon at the time either. I normally due but as part of my experimenting I had completely undressed her and run her there naked...which doesn't work btw, but does remove all your tattoos, etc.

Good catch
Dragonling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:47 AM   #13
Mooney910

Mooney910's Gamercard
Just so everyone knows, I hugged my child in front of the door and that's when it opened.
Mooney910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:41 AM   #14
drewbird

DREWBIRD 2K7's Gamercard
Quote:

Mourningwood Demon Door:
In order to open this door you must stand in front of it with a fully upgraded legendary weapon (not the Hero Weapons). This means you need all three traits unlocked on whatever weapon you pick along with the appropriate level 5 upgrade (melee or ranged) from the road to rule.
i can confirm it can be the Hero Weapons....it just has to be maxed out with five traits...i assume these traits come from getting the level 5 upgrades on the road to rule....well at least thats what i used to unlock this door....
drewbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #15
Amatsukami78

Amatsukami78's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueg70 View Post
You can use an adopted kid in front of the door, you have to give a hug to your adopted son or daughter.
Amatsukami78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
Jesso22

Jesso22's Gamercard
Quote:
Mourningwood Demon Door:
i opened it with only the level 5 upgrade, i hadnt even started on the 3 things.
Jesso22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #17
TheDeceiver35

Thanks for the feedback everyone, the guide has been updated with the new info some of you helped discover.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
The Mistpeak jsurt do alot of the good expressions and it will open. Me and my friend never got Kiss to come up but got it with out kiss.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #19
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
The mistpeak door WILL NOT open at all.

A player joined my game (not my friend) and we even got married in fornt of it, and did ALL the love expressions. We both do have the expression pack too!

What are we doing wrong???
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #20
TheDeceiver35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino View Post
The mistpeak door WILL NOT open at all.

A player joined my game (not my friend) and we even got married in fornt of it, and did ALL the love expressions. We both do have the expression pack too!

What are we doing wrong???
Well, it could be a bug, I know others have had their difficulties with other doors especially the Brightwall door.

However I do have a thought, the door does say I believe "Dont you have any other LIVE friends?". Try adding the other person to your friends list. Its a long shot but worth trying.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #21
eynotie

eynotie's Gamercard
Two theories:

I struggled with both the Mistpeak and Millfields Demon Doors. After much aggravation, I may have some insight. Maybe this isn't gospel truth, but it seemed to work for me.

First: Mistpeak--I was finally able to get this in local co-op. I had to initiate a number of the "good" expressions in front of the door (As someone above has already said). I made the host do the expressions, but not sure if this matters. The expressions just had to be "different" and "good," not necessarily overly affectionate. I did "extreme good," "dance," "patty cake," "heroic pose," and "hug." If you listen to the door, he makes comments after an expression, letting you know if he can "use" it in his work. Once he "accepted" enough of my expressions, he opened.

Second: Millfields--The weight was fine, but I got hung up on the clothing/fashion requirement, like everyone else. I think the fashion part of this Demon Door ties in to general attractiveness as much as it does with what you wear. The reason I say this is because I tried every possible combination of clothing and nothing worked. I tried wearing the pyjamas (both men and women), I tried every other suit of "unkempt" clothing. I mismatched, I dyed, I mismatched and dyed, I wore nothing but my skivvies--all yielding nothing. After awhile, I started checking the Hero stats (next to the save station in the main room of the sanctuary). My weight was all the way to the right, but my attractiveness was pretty high no matter what I wore. I started seeing if I could make that go down. So, I gave myself tattoos (one on the face really made an impact), changed my hairstyle, facial hair, even messed with what weapons I had equipped. Eventually, I was able to get my attractiveness pretty far down (maybe 75% to the left). I then wore the mens PJs (male character) and dyed every piece a different color. Door unlocked.

Like I said, maybe I'm wrong, but this worked for me. I'm curious if this helps anyone who's stuck.

Last edited by eynotie; 11-03-2010 at 01:04 AM.
eynotie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #22
Klebo

Klebo's Gamercard
hmm I'm missing 2 more demon doors shouldn't be hard as 1 I can do now and the other my friend can help me. SORTED!!! btw with the Demon Door in Brightville I adopted a child, I did a hug expression infront of the door and he cried and opened! So you can use an adopted one!

100,000 Gamerscore Reached: 25/10/12 at 20:53
Achievement Unlocked: A Dish Best Served Cold
Game: Lego Harry Potter Years: 5 - 7
Klebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #23
Ligerblaze

Ligerblaze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klebo View Post
hmm I'm missing 2 more demon doors shouldn't be hard as 1 I can do now and the other my friend can help me. SORTED!!! btw with the Demon Door in Brightville I adopted a child, I did a hug expression infront of the door and he cried and opened! So you can use an adopted one!
I can also confirm that hugging an adopted kid will make the door open.

Thanks for the help in the guide!
"Life is just blah, blah, blah. You hope for blah and sometimes you find it, but mostly it's blah...and waiting for blah; and hoping you are right about the blahs you made. And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and you are surrounded by the ones you blah, death shows up, and blah blah blah." - Andy, Weeds.

Ligerblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #24
Kaz 421

Kaz 421's Gamercard
About the demon door in Brightwall; I'm wondering if it depends on the gender of your child/adoptive child? I had a son and took him there and it asked if we were were married O_o, later on in the game I had a daughter and took her to the door and it opened right up. Can anyone confirm this?
Kaz 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #25
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eynotie View Post

First: Mistpeak--I was finally able to get this in local co-op. I had to initiate a number of the "good" expressions in front of the door (As someone above has already said). I made the host do the expressions, but not sure if this matters. The expressions just had to be "different" and "good," not necessarily overly affectionate. I did "extreme good," "dance," "patty cake," "heroic pose," and "hug." If you listen to the door, he makes comments after an expression, letting you know if he can "use" it in his work. Once he "accepted" enough of my expressions, he opened.
Locol co-op, meaning with 2 controllers? Did the other controller have the love expression pack?

I tried this method and it did not work.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #26
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
I can not get this demon door open ( Mistpeak ), i have tried every way to do it, local co-op and online, i have all the expressions, got married etc, but the door just does not make any comments at all, after any expression i try? it just tells me to go ahead all the time....anyone else having this problem and got any idea how to open it.....thanks...

I have also loaded up another profile and played up to the door and jumped in with another offline profile and every time i did a expression the door spoke each time, and after a few times it opened up...
So it seems to be why the door is not replying to me everytime i go there is the problem....

Last edited by DjBatfink; 11-04-2010 at 06:49 PM.
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #27
eynotie

eynotie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino View Post
Locol co-op, meaning with 2 controllers? Did the other controller have the love expression pack?

I tried this method and it did not work.
Yes, 2 controllers. Both had the love expression pack, but I only ever initiated with Player 1. Also, I have messed around a bit more, and the door will only accept "maxed out" expressions, where you have to hold "A" and charge it up. If I just did a basic expression without holding until it's ready, he never accepted any of my expressions.
eynotie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #28
Klebo

Klebo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz 421 View Post
About the demon door in Brightwall; I'm wondering if it depends on the gender of your child/adoptive child? I had a son and took him there and it asked if we were were married O_o, later on in the game I had a daughter and took her to the door and it opened right up. Can anyone confirm this?
I was married when I took my adopted child so that might have something to do with it.

100,000 Gamerscore Reached: 25/10/12 at 20:53
Achievement Unlocked: A Dish Best Served Cold
Game: Lego Harry Potter Years: 5 - 7
Klebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #29
TheDeceiver35

Updated with new info from several fixes members have found to common bugs, as well as some additional suggestions.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Hi, does anyone know why the demon door in Mistpeak Vally is not opening for me.
I know what you have to do and i have tried lots of different ways, over the past two days, but the door does not make any comment's at all when i do an expression, it just say's the 'show me, when your ready'..
I know it works as i have tried playing a new game and it worked fine..
I have finished the main story & found most of the collectibles, so i do not want to start all over again, i don't know if it's a bug of some kind, and i will never get it open or if there's something i can do to open it.
I would just like to know if anyone else is having problems opening this door, no matter what they do....or if there's maybe something i'm not doing? Thank's....
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote