PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
The Nerevarine

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
Pro Drums/ hi-hat question

I have a MIDI kit and am waiting on the MIDI adapter... but that's a month away so I'm dying to know from anyone with a ION kit or something similar:

1. How does the hi-hat pedal work? How does an open hi-hat note appear in the game?

2. On four pad mode the china-crash combo is yellow-green. This would be hi-hat-crash on a three cymbal setup... so is this what they have you play on Pro or do you play blue and green (ride-crash)?

3. Flams - are they still yellow and red or do they just have you hit the red?

4. Open hi-hats - in songs like "Feel Good Inc." and "Du Hast" it's a disaster, are they still mapped to blue notes or are they all yellow? (See question 1)

Thanks for answering my questions!
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Colors have not changed, just where you hit them. Flams are red/yellow pad, open hi-hat is blue cymbal, any cymbal combos are the same color combo.

I have not seen the open hi-hat w/pedal yet, but playing songs with known open hi-hat and hi-hat pedal enabled I didn't see any difference in the chart, so it may be sensing that I don't really have a pedal hooked up.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
The Nerevarine

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
No! Say it ain't so!

Are you telling me that when I get this pro adapter and hook it up I'm going to have to actually play the ride as an open hi-hat? On a full kit on some songs that's nearly impossible, and on others it's merely aneurysm inducing.

I have built my own MIDI to signal for RB1/2 from a hacked up drum kit, could never get the hi-hat pedal to register.... then I hacked up a GHWT kit and use that now because it's wireless and I was able to fit it in a much smaller, nicer box, but I can't get the pedal to register with that, either. In fact, I can't play with the pedal pressed, I either have to disconnect it or leave it depressed... perhaps I need a better drum brain or something.

I read on the RB.com forums a while back of people with a Yamaha set getting the open-hat to work for blue but I have a Roland... hopefully there will be some documentation with the adapter and I can get it working or else I'm done waiting for Rock Band to have realistic drums.

Last edited by The Nerevarine; 10-29-2010 at 05:16 PM.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerevarine View Post
No! Say it ain't so!
Like I said, the option is there for hi-hat pedal. I can't imagine they would put the option in if it doesn't change anything, but we won't know for sure until we get the MIDI box.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote