PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-31-2010, 05:15 AM   #31
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
It seems to differ from player to player, apparently. Unless I got very unlucky, I tried the first level several times with no achievement, and I pulled the shield every time. (Never finished with a QTE and made sure I never once used any kind lightsaber attack, including blocking and parrying.) It didn't work for me until I stopped doing that.

I know some people were able to successfully rip the shield and still get the achievement, but it never worked for me for some reason.
''

Dude, some people just dont listen. They figure that if something worked for them that its religion. No matter how much you tell them that for YOU that by pulling the shield it fucked up the chievo they will tell you that you are lying just cause they got it when they pulled the shield. I even explained it in an earlier post that it varies from person to person. But seems to me that the majority are ones that are not getting the achievement and they dont know why.Well its cause you are pulling the SHIELD! lol Oh well, Ive gave my advice, if nobody wants to follow it then thats thier bad. You at least were smart enough to take my advice and what happened? You got the freakin achievement. lol Good for you man. By the way, have you 1000 pointed it yet?
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:22 AM   #32
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmerrell View Post
By the way, have you 1000 pointed it yet?
Yepp. Got that last achievement a few hours ago, and went on to 1000/1000 Naruto Shippuden immediately afterwards. I'd say today was a good day.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:18 AM   #33
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
'
Dude, some people just dont listen. They figure that if something worked for them that its religion. No matter how much you tell them that for YOU that by pulling the shield it fucked up the chievo they will tell you that you are lying just cause they got it when they pulled the shield. I even explained it in an earlier post that it varies from person to person.
I never said anywhere in my post that my method was the be-all end-all way of unlocking the achievement, I merely reaffirmed that by doing the QTE you'll void the achievement and that ripping of his shield is still considering using the Force only. I've never heard of that tactic negating the achievement from unlocking either so you must understand that it's the first I've heard of your method.

The bolded statement in your quote, which I quoted, is just silly as you're being hypocritical. Just because your method works doesn't mean it works for everyone. Numerous people have unlocked the achievement just fine, including ripping off the Carbonite War Droid's shield in their runthrough. So how about we lay off the hostility here and just agree to disagree over this debacle.

Last edited by Son of Kyuss; 10-31-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 AM   #34
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
I never said anywhere in my post that my method was the be-all end-all way of unlocking the achievement, I merely reaffirmed that by doing the QTE you'll void the achievement and that ripping of his shield is still considering using the Force only. I've never heard of that tactic negating the achievement from unlocking either so you must understand that it's the first I've heard of your method.

The bolded statement in your quote, which I quoted, is just silly as you're being hypocritical. Just because your method works doesn't mean it works for everyone. Numerous people have unlocked the achievement just fine, including ripping off the Carbonite War Droid's shield in their runthrough. So how about we lay off the hostility here and just agree to disagree over this debacle.
haha, my bad bud. I did say though that it is working both ways. I honestly dont know what the deal is with this stupid achievement. You would think it should just be the same for all. Im just here to help, I definately came across like a dick, my bad bro.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #35
LordVader2K

LordVader2K's Gamercard
Talking Just Force Push

I did it on the first level using only Force Push, I figured not to use the force powers that wasn't used before the game prompts you how to use it and got the achievement. Easy...
LordVader2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #36
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader2K View Post
I did it on the first level using only Force Push, I figured not to use the force powers that wasn't used before the game prompts you how to use it and got the achievement. Easy...
Good lord, I bet that took forever to cill those big bastards with the shields using only force push.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:55 AM   #37
vegetable lasagna

vegtble lasagna's Gamercard
Hmmm....well I've played level one 3 times using only force at all times, and level 4 at least 5 times using lightening and push the whole time only...

This mother fucker won't pop for me. Suggestions?
vegetable lasagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #38
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetable lasagna View Post
Hmmm....well I've played level one 3 times using only force at all times, and level 4 at least 5 times using lightening and push the whole time only...

This mother fucker won't pop for me. Suggestions?
Ya, play level one again and dont rip the shield from the big dudes. It may not involve the saber but it prevents alot of people from getting achievement. Also do not do the quicktime kill when the A is above thier head. Just finish killin them with force powers. Same goes for the two big Mechs at the end. And the very beginning part that is like a tutorial, dont use your saber there even though it tells you too. Just use something else. I will pretty much guarantee though that its cause you have been ripping shield from the big dudes.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #39
Timmsy

Send a message via MSN to Timmsy

timmsy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ya, play level one again and dont rip the shield from the big dudes. It may not involve the saber but it prevents alot of people from getting achievement. Also do not do the quicktime kill when the A is above thier head. Just finish killin them with force powers. Same goes for the two big Mechs at the end. And the very beginning part that is like a tutorial, dont use your saber there even though it tells you too. Just use something else. I will pretty much guarantee though that its cause you have been ripping shield from the big dudes.

i can vouch for this, i thought yeah right whatever and then just played through and ripped the shields off the war droids as you only have to press RT + A and didnt get it, played using the force fury and just repulse method, turn it off and recharge ready for the next ones and got it first time

so in summary...........do what David Merrel says!!

Retail Complete = 7
Arcade Complete = 2
Timmsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #40
thetay_man

I just played the Gorog lvl on easy and only used lightning. worked great only took about 10 minutes.
thetay_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #41
vegetable lasagna

vegtble lasagna's Gamercard
Thanks fellas...
vegetable lasagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #42
Evil Zop

Evil Zop's Gamercard
I passed the second level using only force powers, i killed a carbonite droid using the QTE and i used the Y+B grapple against those stupid force resistant enemies to make them drop their force guard. very helpful :P
Evil Zop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #43
Jon Mcloud

Jon Mcloud's Gamercard
I got the achievement and I took away their shields. you keep saying you did it on the first level and that level has retarded problems.

example: after i beat the game on unleashed difficulty, i got no achievement. i was baffled until i decided to check level select. it told me I had beaten the game on unleashed difficulty for every stage except the first one... even though i KNOW I started the game from the begining. who wouldn't?... so i replayed it.... TWICE and finally the achievement popped.
so as far as i know, first stage sucks.
Jon Mcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #44
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mcloud View Post
I got the achievement and I took away their shields. you keep saying you did it on the first level and that level has retarded problems.

example: after i beat the game on unleashed difficulty, i got no achievement. i was baffled until i decided to check level select. it told me I had beaten the game on unleashed difficulty for every stage except the first one... even though i KNOW I started the game from the begining. who wouldn't?... so i replayed it.... TWICE and finally the achievement popped.
so as far as i know, first stage sucks.
Ya, some people are getting it even though they take away the shield but alot are not. It seems that the first level is kind of buggy. I know I had a shit load of lag the first time I played that level. It has been on and off, but only on that level.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #45
epicrage

Send a message via AIM to epicrage

epicrage27's Gamercard
Wow. I've done the 1st level three times, once pulling off the shields, the other 2 times not doing the QTE and just using Force Fury and lightning to kill the machines.

I didn't press X at all, not even in the beginning. I used Force Lighting, Force Push, and Force Grip throughout. I did one time using only Force Push and Force Lightning, and another time using ONLY Force Lightning.

I read the Gorog level was easy to get it as well, so I tried that using only force Push and Force Lightning, but again, no achievements.

What am I doing wrong? I'm playing on easy.

Looking Forward To:
[Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD] [Dying Light]
epicrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #46
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicrage View Post
Wow. I've done the 1st level three times, once pulling off the shields, the other 2 times not doing the QTE and just using Force Fury and lightning to kill the machines.

I didn't press X at all, not even in the beginning. I used Force Lighting, Force Push, and Force Grip throughout. I did one time using only Force Push and Force Lightning, and another time using ONLY Force Lightning.

I read the Gorog level was easy to get it as well, so I tried that using only force Push and Force Lightning, but again, no achievements.

What am I doing wrong? I'm playing on easy.
Sounds to me like you are getting hosed. I recommend playing on a buddies xbox and retrieving your gamertag to get the achievement. I had an older xbox back in the day and I went through the first Bioshock working on the Brass Balls achievement and I know I did it right and achievement did not pop. So I took the game to my brothers house and retrieved my gamertag and loaded my last save at the fontaine battle and as soon as I beat him the achievement popped. I had a buddy who played Fallout 3 and beat a quest and the achievement did not pop on his xbox so he used mine and retrieved his gamertag and as soon as he loaded his game the achievement popped. I dont understand the reason for this but it is for sure an issue with the xbox itself in some cases. I know this has happened to several people I am friends with.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #47
W1ldcatattack

KFBR392's Gamercard
Quote:
Yes sir, taking the shield off does indeed mess this up. Also you are welcome. I enjoy helping out my fellow gamers.
That has to be it, thanks Dave. I've been through that cursed level at least twice trying it. Once on Easy and another on my Unleashed play through last night. I kept my right thumb by the B button and never hit X. Only hit Y and B and RT to attack. I had to use LT for the mind trick part where u HAVE to do it so I thought that couldn't be it. The only other thing on my mind was the QTE to take his shield from him. In which I did and no cheevo. I only have this ach and the climb to Darth Vader one in which I keep falling. Time to get em' done.
W1ldcatattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #48
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
Really does differ between players, after reading this I was shocked at what messes the achievement up for people.

My experience:
Finished the first level on Medium as normal, then looked at the achievement requirements so I started trying for it on the second level. As soon as I came up against the Force Acolytes I thought it would be far too difficult. So I switched to the first level, on easy and played through. I went through using a combo of Force Lightning and Push, even blocked a couple of times with LT, ripped the shields off the wardroids AND killed them with QTEs, I never physically attacked with the lightsaber but I pretty much did everything else that was available.

Just as Starkiller was flying off in the TIE the achievement popped for me, weird.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 AM   #49
W1ldcatattack

KFBR392's Gamercard
I played the first level over again and did everything right with none of the qte's. The only thing I can think of is how the first level didn't show complete in level select for Unleashed mode unless I watched all the cut scenes. The ach may not have popped cause I skipped the cinematics. Anyways I tried the second Salvation, level 7 via level select and did the same things but watched the cutscenes. Didn't even fight all the battles..some I used mind control on troopers to keep mechs busy while I charged reactors to open doors and continued. Fights I had to fight, I fought in the same fashion as I did in level one. Just this time I guess since I watched the cut scenes, the cheev popped, thank God, about time. whew!
W1ldcatattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #50
XXgroovyoneXX

Send a message via AIM to XXgroovyoneXX

just2good4this's Gamercard
Tried the first level over and over. didn't pop for me either. the tried the gorog level and it popped...
XXgroovyoneXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #51
Run BMP

Run BMP's Gamercard
I hate this game...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #52
B0Zz3

B0Zz3's Gamercard
NOTE! That if u try to block the shots from the troopers this achievement will fail! U cannot block with your sabres! I just played thru the first level by using Lightning,repulse and Push and didnt get any coz I was blocking 1time at the end

edit: Try to get this achievement by doing over the first lvl still no achievement unlocked =/ glitchy ? gonna try the other method with Gorog

Last edited by B0Zz3; 11-05-2010 at 11:11 PM.
B0Zz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #53
kestrel

Darth Kestrel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ya, some people are getting it even though they take away the shield but alot are not. It seems that the first level is kind of buggy. I know I had a shit load of lag the first time I played that level. It has been on and off, but only on that level.

I took away the shields on the first level and thankfully got the Achievement.
That sucks some of you guys are getting hosed.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #54
Slagar7

Slagar7's Gamercard
Just to confirm for some people, I was able to get this achievement on the first level. I had to pull the shield off of one of the carbonite droids, but never did the quick time event to finish him off. Other than that, just need to make sure to never even swing your lightsaber
Slagar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:01 AM   #55
MegaTriv777

Mission 1 Cryo Droid Strategy

I just want to let everyone know that using RB + B DOES NOT take away from this achievement. You can still use and get the points. I thought I would mention that cuz I heard elsewhere that you could not use that combo. Another thing to point out is that once you hit the FIRST cryo droid it will prolly take your force fury down enough that you may have quite a bit of killing to do before you can fill it back up again to reactivate on the SECOND cryo droid. I am going with the people who say DO NOT REMOVE THE SHIELD and instead suggest that if your Fury meter is not full jump off the platform and die. When you respawn you will have the same amount of Fury level and be put back a bit where you have a good chunk of Imperial forces to fry before getting to the second cryo droid. Once you get it back to full face the droid, activate, and lightning his ass to scrap heap (takes about 3-5 seconds if that). Last but not least I would suggest, if you have it, equip the FURY crystal and FOCUS crystal simply to allow faster build of Fury Meter and longer durations of killing between breaks. Thats all I can say to beat this one. I got it on the first mission on easy with the exact same perimeters. PEACE!
MegaTriv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #56
Wrifred

Heroncry's Gamercard
I can't amass enough energy for a force fury on the second carbonite, do you guys force attack him until he drops his shield? I tried using lightning on him for a long time and no dice, so I took his shield and that is prolly why I didn't get the chevo. Ideas? Tips on how to get energy or get his shield of faster?

Edit: Or I could just pause it and leave just a small portion to be refilled, rather than the whole thing. Durr... Blah.

Last edited by Wrifred; 11-07-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Wrifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #57
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Use the Fury crystals to build up enough, you should have enough by the time you get to the 2nd one or die then redo it as it keeps the same fury and adds to it if you die.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #58
Marriott

Whopdido's Gamercard
Tried the first level 3 times and it didn't unlock even if I only used Lightning and Push throughout the whole level. I then tried the Gorog level (Arena) and it unlocked first try...very weird achievement it seems.

Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #59
AleX69

alex69go2's Gamercard
thx

just like the Marriott@ said ... pop up for the first time when finish level 4 (Cato Neimoidia) with gorog
AleX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #60
roonaldeyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetay_man View Post
I just played the Gorog lvl on easy and only used lightning. worked great only took about 10 minutes.

but when you play the gorog,is there no problem with the QTC?because after you pull his hands back,you have to press B,X,B,A.I've played this mission six times and no achievement
roonaldeyo is offline   Reply With Quote