PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #61
lboog_081284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slagar7 View Post
Just to confirm for some people, I was able to get this achievement on the first level. I had to pull the shield off of one of the carbonite droids, but never did the quick time event to finish him off. Other than that, just need to make sure to never even swing your lightsaber
Am I doing something wrong? I ripped off the dude's shield but he isn't dying. I'm not doing QTEs because that would void my achievement so how do I kill this thing because lightning isn't working.
lboog_081284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #62
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Force Fury -> Repulse.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #63
lboog_081284

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Force Fury -> Repulse.
Okay, maybe I should describe exactly which part I'm on. Right after you learn the power, Mind Trick, and fight those enemies by the red force fields...they spawn in a huge shield droid with 3 stormtroopers.

So...I don't have Force Fury at this part because you haven't learned it yet. So how do I defeat the droid with only using force powers & no QTEs??? Because he's not dying.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #64
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboog_081284 View Post
Okay, maybe I should describe exactly which part I'm on. Right after you learn the power, Mind Trick, and fight those enemies by the red force fields...they spawn in a huge shield droid with 3 stormtroopers.

So...I don't have Force Fury at this part because you haven't learned it yet. So how do I defeat the droid with only using force powers & no QTEs??? Because he's not dying.
I assumed you were way passed your first time running through the level. Sorry.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #65
lboog_081284

So...for people who have the achievement, or did the achievement on the first level of Kamino...how do I defeat the shielded droids with only force powers and no QTEs??
Old 11-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #66
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboog_081284 View Post
So...for people who have the achievement, or did the achievement on the first level of Kamino...how do I defeat the shielded droids with only force powers and no QTEs??
Just come back via Level Select after you've learned Repulse... There's no need to do it as soon as you start playing, and you'll have to play through the first level all over again on Unleashed anyway.

Better yet, if you return after you've maxed your stats, you can play on Easy and breeze right through in about ten minutes.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #67
spydermatt

spydermatt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmerrell View Post
i did it on the first level on easy. even the first training part dont use yiour saber. when you fight those big dudes with shields dont use grab with A. All quick time events ruin the achievement. So when the A pops up above thier head dont do it. The first one was tricky cause no matter how much I used lightning, force push, and repulse it just wouldnt get rid of that shield, much less kill him. So what I did was make sure my fury meter was full and activated that and did force repulse. 2 or 3 hits kill him instantly. then click left and right stick to take off fury. Then by the time you get to the next one it will be built up again. Use it again with repulse and kill him instantly. Same goes for the end against those things with long ass legs after you drop the tower. Go in and force repulse. 3 or 4 hits kill both. If you do it the way I just described I promise you will get the achievement. Never use x at all and dont do any quick time events.
Real good advice! i was having trouble with this achievement. Tried it a couple of times with no luck, seemed like taking the shields from the big guys was what was stopping me getting it for some reason.
spydermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #68
sleepingrhino

MRChubles's Gamercard
I know some people having been having problems with this one on the 1st level.

I would just like to state I got it on the 1st level. Also any time a button callout would appear on screen to attack a robot I did it. I first tried not to but the robots wouldn't die so I said f-it and I just did the prompt. Got to the end of the level and it pop'd... Hope this helps someone...
sleepingrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #69
summoner191

negrido's Gamercard
Quote:
''

Dude, some people just dont listen. They figure that if something worked for them that its religion. No matter how much you tell them that for YOU that by pulling the shield it fucked up the chievo they will tell you that you are lying just cause they got it when they pulled the shield. I even explained it in an earlier post that it varies from person to person. But seems to me that the majority are ones that are not getting the achievement and they dont know why.Well its cause you are pulling the SHIELD! lol Oh well, Ive gave my advice, if nobody wants to follow it then thats thier bad. You at least were smart enough to take my advice and what happened? You got the freakin achievement. lol Good for you man. By the way, have you 1000 pointed it yet?
After many tests...
I can also confirm that it only worked for me at the run when i didn't pull the shield.
You can destroy it with this "furry Mode" or by throwing the lightsabers a few time (exactly what i did in the run where i get this achievement)

so thanks for the tipp davidmerrell.

Star Ocean (german version) 850/1000
Last: viewed Arumat's ending
summoner191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #70
CrimsonX1999

Send a message via Skype™ to CrimsonX1999

DrJackel666's Gamercard
I just tried for use the force but didnt get it ..guess i'll leave the shield alone this time and see how i go with that!

CrimsonX1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #71
XnukEM1

XnukEM1's Gamercard
It took a few tries. I had the problem of pulling out the sabers from habit and then having to start over. I did it with finishing the War Droids via QTE and it did not work. Went through it again and just used lightning kill them off and then got the achievement. I guess some others have had different experiences with this.
XnukEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 AM   #72
CrimsonX1999

Send a message via Skype™ to CrimsonX1999

DrJackel666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by summoner191 View Post
After many tests...
I can also confirm that it only worked for me at the run when i didn't pull the shield.
You can destroy it with this "furry Mode" or by throwing the lightsabers a few time (exactly what i did in the run where i get this achievement)

so thanks for the tipp davidmerrell.
Thanx for the tip of the saber throwing I finally got it..now onto unleashed mode.

CrimsonX1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #73
Klebo

Klebo's Gamercard
I did this on level 1 but it never unlocked I only used Y and B but no achievement -_-

100,000 Gamerscore Reached: 25/10/12 at 20:53
Achievement Unlocked: A Dish Best Served Cold
Game: Lego Harry Potter Years: 5 - 7
Klebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #74
bleepster

Bleepster1225's Gamercard
i am having a hard time with this as well. I think where we might be messing up is if we are playing with our light sabers out, we "MIGHT" be deflecting blaster shots back at the enemy and killing them. perhaps that could be the problem? i didnt read every post on this thread, so I apologize if this was mentioned.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #75
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepster View Post
i am having a hard time with this as well. I think where we might be messing up is if we are playing with our light sabers out, we "MIGHT" be deflecting blaster shots back at the enemy and killing them. perhaps that could be the problem? i didnt read every post on this thread, so I apologize if this was mentioned.
You shouldn't be deflecting shots, if you're not blocking. (As far as I remember.)
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #76
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
''

Dude, some people just dont listen. They figure that if something worked for them that its religion. No matter how much you tell them that for YOU that by pulling the shield it fucked up the chievo they will tell you that you are lying just cause they got it when they pulled the shield. I even explained it in an earlier post that it varies from person to person. But seems to me that the majority are ones that are not getting the achievement and they dont know why.Well its cause you are pulling the SHIELD! lol Oh well, Ive gave my advice, if nobody wants to follow it then thats thier bad. You at least were smart enough to take my advice and what happened? You got the freakin achievement. lol Good for you man. By the way, have you 1000 pointed it yet?
Well now we all know why you have 265 posts so quickly. Every second/third post is yours. You have repeated the same thing over and over. You reply to everyone. It's actually annoying having to see that you keep posting the same thing. I'm under the assumption you are trying to get your post count up so you post rapidly. Anyways, I can confirm that David is correct about the Shield method. I have tried 3 times and no achievement each time I pulled off shield. Will go back and try once I get force repluse and wont pull off shield this time

Edit: And the fact the QTE stopp you form getting the achievement is utterly stupid. Especially ones that don't have the X button to press and don't invlove the lightsaber. And the strategy guide says nothing about QTE affecting this achievement. Retarded I must say

Last edited by Venomized; 11-23-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #77
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Edit: And the fact the QTE stopp you form getting the achievement is utterly stupid. Especially ones that don't have the X button to press and don't invlove the lightsaber. And the strategy guide says nothing about QTE affecting this achievement. Retarded I must say
It's not a fact that Quick Time Events will stop you from getting the achievement; you'll notice that I've posted (almost as many times as David) that it varies from player to player. I couldn't get the achievement while ripping the shield, but some managed to do it een after the second QTE.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #78
Venomized

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
I think dying has something to do with not getting the achievement. I did the (Dont pull shield) way twice. The first time I died from sliding off stupid edge (tried to do an angle jump on the part before the At-Sts) and didnt get the ahcievement. Second time EXACT same thing except I didn't die. Achiervement unlocked
Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #79
Venomized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
It's not a fact that Quick Time Events will stop you from getting the achievement; you'll notice that I've posted (almost as many times as David) that it varies from player to player. I couldn't get the achievement while ripping the shield, but some managed to do it een after the second QTE.
Actually it is a fact in my book. I am speaking from my expierence alone. And within my experience, it is a fact QTE doesn't let u get the achievement. I tried for this achievement 8 times. Finally did the shield way and achievement unlocked.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #80
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Thumbs up

Well I can confirm now. I did it in the very first level (KAMINO-The Escape) by only using (Lightning Force) the entire time.

As for the mech, I didn't even touch his shield.

Achievement popped right after the cut-scene triggered.

Thanks so far guys for the infos.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #81
ZakkuHiryado

ZakkuHiryado's Gamercard
I did the first Neimodea level. I tried not to take the shields off the bots but I accidentally started the QTE for that. I intentionally failed it and still got the achievement.
Assassin's Creed I & II, Battlestations: Midway, Blazing Angels, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Dante's Inferno, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, The Godfather, History Channel: Civil War, King Kong, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Samurai Warriors 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I & II
Arcade games completed 100%:
Call of Duty Classic, Dash of Destruction, Mega Man 9, Uno, Worms

ZakkuHiryado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #82
ckyrules014

Send a message via AIM to ckyrules014

cky017's Gamercard
Dont use force repulse on anyone but the two wardroids. And when do you make sure there is no stormtroopers shooting at you. Because if they are shooting at you and you decide to force repulse that second you pressed the left trigger you might repel and shot and kill them with it. Thus counting a kill with the lightsaber.
ckyrules014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #83
natureismassive

foerl's Gamercard
i just unlocked it this way (on the first level):

no x!
no quicktime!
i didn't have enuff force power for the second shield guy, so i killed myself until i got enuff - just jump off the side when you fight him.
i got back to the part where i had to lift the platform - 2 times and i had enuff.
natureismassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #84
one-not

one-not's Gamercard
???!!!

I didnt press x at all during the first mission, I didnt grab the shields (rt+a), I didnt use the qte, and I didnt get the achievement...
one-not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #85
one-not

one-not's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-not View Post
I didnt press x at all during the first mission, I didnt grab the shields (rt+a), I didnt use the qte, and I didnt get the achievement...
got it!
now when I accidentally used qte...
one-not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #86
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I got this on easy, on my first time through the level. Don't press obviously, but you can take the shield with the prompt. The first robot was taking lots of damage from me, and I just kept attacking. I then positioned myself so that there was a red force field behind it. I just kept force pushing it until he died, was very easy. I'm not sure why people are having problems when they take the shield, as it's a force power...you're force gripping the shield and throwing it back. That is a force power There must be something else you're doing wrong.

The next droid only took a few hits. The game didn't prompt me to grab the shield, but I did anyways. I then threw the storm troopers into him, then a few boxes and he died without much effort.

One thing to note: I used the button prompt to kill it the first time, so I dashboarded out after realizing there were melee moves. I continued when I got back in the game, and still unlocked the achievement. So if you mess up and press or do the finishing move buttom prompt, you can just quit out and continue to erase that mistake.

Last edited by Tyger7; 02-04-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #87
BrassBallz
Banned User

Sixgun Samurai's Gamercard
Ok here's how you deal with the Carbonite droids WITHOUT Fury. Simply take their shield then lightning them until "A" appears then run up and use a charged Repluse. They go down without the QT Event. I just got mine this way. Cake.
BrassBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #88
zamacking

zamacgod303's Gamercard
this ahevment waz bs for me i did it on the frist 3 lv about 4 times no achvement
so when going thou on unleashed diffcalty i played the frist lv used my saber many time it unlocked wth??????????
lego jones orangal story
star wars tfu
nfs most wanted
lego batman
zamacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #89
East1999Eternal

East1999Eternal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I got this on easy, on my first time through the level. Don't press obviously, but you can take the shield with the prompt. The first robot was taking lots of damage from me, and I just kept attacking. I then positioned myself so that there was a red force field behind it. I just kept force pushing it until he died, was very easy. I'm not sure why people are having problems when they take the shield, as it's a force power...you're force gripping the shield and throwing it back. That is a force power There must be something else you're doing wrong.

The next droid only took a few hits. The game didn't prompt me to grab the shield, but I did anyways. I then threw the storm troopers into him, then a few boxes and he died without much effort.

One thing to note: I used the button prompt to kill it the first time, so I dashboarded out after realizing there were melee moves. I continued when I got back in the game, and still unlocked the achievement. So if you mess up and press or do the finishing move buttom prompt, you can just quit out and continue to erase that mistake.
I wasn't able to get this achievement a couple months ago doing what was said on page 1 but I just tried it again today using the above info and got it first try.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #90
kolbe11

For me still not working, i was trying to do this achievment on serval levels but it wont pop up. :/
kolbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote