PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > The Sims 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
bmstinton93

bmstinton93's Gamercard
Never.ordering.off.play.com.again

Fuck you play.com. I preordered this ages ago and it still hasn't come. I have an afternoon off work tomorrow as well where I was looking forward to playing it but i'm gonna have to wait till Monday now. I'm so pissed off!!! Anyway else had this problem?
bmstinton93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
SuperNobbs

Supernobbs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstinton93 View Post
Fuck you play.com. I preordered this ages ago and it still hasn't come. I have an afternoon off work tomorrow as well where I was looking forward to playing it but i'm gonna have to wait till Monday now. I'm so pissed off!!! Anyway else had this problem?
i didnt wanna say anything?

but yes, i have lol

i ordered mine a few weeks back and it says it was dispatched the 23rd. i took two days off to play it, and it still hasnt showed up. and im away all next week >_<

i was looking forward to finally getting a life

SuperNobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
bmstinton93

bmstinton93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNobbs View Post
i didnt wanna say anything?

but yes, i have lol

i ordered mine a few weeks back and it says it was dispatched the 23rd. i took two days off to play it, and it still hasnt showed up. and im away all next week >_<

i was looking forward to finally getting a life
Oh crap yours was dispatched 23rd and still hasnt come?! Mine was dispatched on the 26th! Call of Duty is out next week as well so i'm only going to get a short week playing on this due to work and college!
bmstinton93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
SuperNobbs

Supernobbs's Gamercard
yeah man. supposed to be 3-5 working days. yeah bullsh*t lol

where is it then Play

Use amazon lol i ordered GH from there, turned up day after it was dispatched =/

Old 10-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
cowboy bob
Banned User

I get all my import games off of play.com and NEVER had any issue. I got civilizations from play.com a few years back early and has ordered from them ever since
cowboy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
SuperNobbs

Supernobbs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy bob View Post
I get all my import games off of play.com and NEVER had any issue. I got civilizations from play.com a few years back early and has ordered from them ever since
Well im glad for you, but that doesnt make our incidents any less true, and definately any less anoyying...

Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
WogDogg

Dam0wned's Gamercard
I've never had an issue personally, but a few friends etc have had problems with CD's and the odd game, getting sent the wrong items altogether.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
bobbins1984

Bobbins1984's Gamercard
I always pre order from GAME, i think they are great, games are always dispatched 2 days before they are released and are always bang on the day or a day early!
Plus you get the double reward points for pre orders, save a lot of money that way.
I haven't used play.com in a while, i don't think it's always clear enough that sometimes you are buying from a marketplace seller so things take longer, and i don't think they monitor their market place traders very well, i've seen some really negative reviews.
bobbins1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:47 AM   #9
RexDarr

RexDarr's Gamercard
I find its better to just go to Mal-Wart or Gamestop to get the game. I pre-ordered Sims back in June (along with NHL11). I just phone around lunch and see if it's in. Normally its in (aside from when I ordered NHL09, it was a day late).
Amazon.ca likes to fuck around when I order stuff. It took them 3 weeks to realize that Rage Against the Machine's "Live & Rare" album was out of stock at the Amazon.ca warehouse. I ordered it off someone else and it arrived a week later.