PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
AdmSean

AdmSean's Gamercard
Anyone else upset that there's still no DLC?

I mean, seriously, the game came out two years ago. And the producers kept on talking about all this great DLC they had ready. Where is it?
AdmSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Chr0nic

FallenArchAn9el's Gamercard
Honestly im kind of Glad there was No DLC, It problay has No DLC because it Got Really poor Sales.but not gunna lie its a fun game but i think once i hit level 50 im going to be too sick of it to play for other achievements
Chr0nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
AdmSean

AdmSean's Gamercard
The only reason I'm still playing is to get cheevos, for the most part. I would have enjoyed some DLC though. Especially with other classes they were supposed to release.
AdmSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
freeleeday

Send a message via AIM to freeleeday

freeleeday's Gamercard
There is no DLC b/c the company that made this went under I believe. This was the first installment in a Trilogy that will never be finished.

freeleeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #5
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Silicon Knights did not go under, in fact in April this year they got $4million from the Canadian government to hire more staff.

They did however get into a tiff with Epic over the Unreal 3 engine which was delivered to them for the development of Too Human, however in an unfinished state, and I believe it has not yet been settled, but I imagine Epic will be wankers over this and screw over any near future hopes for a Too Human sequel.

Pootcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Actually no. It's fun but really tedious at the same time. I did find it funny to see the MS points logo in the inventory screen for Downloadable Content....and it's completely empty.

Silicon Knights is still around but yah Pootcrum speaks sagely, they got a government grant to keep going.

Let's hope they learned from Too Human's hubris and improve on their next game. Lots of potential but lots of problems.

Honestly I think they should drop Unreal, it's a great engine but I think for what they're doing DICE's Frostbite engine would work wonders. Red Faction Guerrilla is a great example of what that engine can do in a 3rd person game, especially one involving hammers

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:21 AM   #7
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Pootcrum speaks sagely
Hehe.... awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Honestly I think they should drop Unreal, it's a great engine but I think for what they're doing DICE's Frostbite engine would work wonders. Red Faction Guerrilla is a great example of what that engine can do in a 3rd person game, especially one involving hammers
I totally agree with the moving away from U3, and I believe they are making there own for Rise of the Giants. But yeh who knows about timeframes for that. Please let it be within the 360 lifetime at least.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #8
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think the game was abandoned after it was considered a huge failure... i thought the game was great though... dlc would have been nice.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

My first instincts for this game were that I would love it, but it came out and got bad reviews, and I had a few other things going at the time so I held off, then I found it a few months ago for pocket change and invested. Love it, should always trust my first instincts. Some DLC would have definitely made it undroppable.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootcrum View Post
Please let it be within the 360 lifetime at least.
Or OUR lifetime at least... XD

Nabbed the game last year based on my brothers review of "it's decent" which is really high praise from him actually. And finding it cheap didn't hurt either. Though it took forever to finally get to it in my queue of unplayed games.

DLC. Would have been curious to know what they had in the pipe for that.

Would still like to hope they've got the sequels in the works as the ending scene in the snow left me wanting more. Would hate for this to end up like Advent Rising for the old xbox. Decent game planned as a trilogy but poor sales of part 1 shelved 2 and 3 permanently.

"Hit it"
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #11
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Something I have noticed in my times through Aesir is all the doorways that have a red symbol above them. Particularly on the top level, there are 6 doors of which only two are used (World Tree and Feasting Hall). I would have to imagine they were planted there for DLC, or at least to aid expansion within the trilogy so that Aesir could remain essentially the same in layout.

Even in cyberspace (from the World Tree) there are areas that look like you could walk to but hit invisible walls or broken bridges.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Curiouser and curiouser... I was wondering about the red doors too. One would think such a grand hall would have more interesting rooms to explore.

"Hit it"