Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > MorphX
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Warning, Gene pods can glitch!

So I got all the way to the very end of level 8 and the LAST THREE gene pods for me had nothing in them. It instead opens the gene ability editing screne only with a blank screen instead of showing the gene map. I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling game, etc and nothing works. I'm going to have to replay the whole damn game from the beginning to get the last two achieves.

I think it may have something to do with exiting a gene pod before collecting both genes during one of the levels. I went back into that pod and made sure I collected the 2 genes, but maybe that's what glitched them I dunno, but I'm royally peeved right now.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
lifeexpectancy

Ok so after replaying the entire game again, including playing levels 7 and 8 THREE more times because the glitch happened again and I was certain I knew why, I FINALLY got this game done.

Here's what causes the glitch: anytime you open a gene pod, if you ROTATE either of the two genes or EXIT the gene pod without picking up either gene or both genes, the game THINKS you picked them up. So, even though you can re-open that same gene pod immediately and pick up the missed gene or two that you left in it, there will be one less gene pod with genes in it at the end of the game. So if you open 3 pods without picking up the genes, even if you re-open them and grab the genes, the last 3 pods in level 8 WILL NOT have any genes. It just shows a blank screen where the little hexagons with genes in them are supposed to be. All you see is the red background but no genes.

My first time through the game I closed and reopened a gene pod in level 6 or 7 three times because I was trying to get it to give me different genes so I could max one of my abilities that I wanted and needed a certain gene. This caused the original glitch.

So I started back at ground zero with a new game and ran through as fast as I could, grabbing EVERY gene in EVERY pod. I made a copy of my save file after I finished level 6 since level 7 is such a long pain in the ass and thank god I did.

During level 7 I accidentally rotated a gene in one pod but I immediately picked it up without closing the pod. At the end of level 8 guess what? Yup, the LAST pod was empty.

So I deleted my save game and copied over the backup after level 6 I had made AGAIN, and this time during level eight my xbox froze while a pod was open. You guessed it, the last pod was empty again!!!

Finally, I copied over my backup again and ran through levels 7 and 8 without screwing it up or freezing while a gene pod was open. Wouldn't you know, the last pod was full and I finally 1k'd the game.

FYI -- from what I've seen in these multiple glitched playthroughs, the universal gene that can go all 6 directions appeared early in chapter 8 every time the game was glitched. The final run where I got the achievement, I didn't get the universal gene until the very last pod. So, if you see that gene early in chapter 8 odds are you're fubar'd (f'd up beyond all repair) and will have to start over.

This glitch needs to be added to the achievement guide as a warning.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
spydermatt

spydermatt's Gamercard
Hey I'm glad you figured out why it happened. I had the exact same thing happen to me and had to replay the entire game but luckily i managed to get it on my second play through, but it was very annoying. Not a very long game tho so not to bad once you get stuck in
spydermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
lifeexpectancy

You should throw a warning at the top of your collectible guide Spyder so others don't run into this problem
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
spydermatt

spydermatt's Gamercard
Yeah thats a good idea mate. I'll put a link to this post hopefully saving people some time.
spydermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
SetoChaos

Send a message via AIM to SetoChaos Send a message via MSN to SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
I don't want to mess this up, but I'm slightly confused.

", if you ROTATE either of the two genes or EXIT the gene pod without picking up either gene or both genes, the game THINKS you picked them up."

Does this mean that you cannot rotate genes at all then?

Edit: Nevermind, read it wrong. Missed the "without picking up" part.

Last edited by SetoChaos; 01-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.
SetoChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for the warning. About to put this in and make a start on it, will be extra careful.

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Toombs2008

Toombs2008's Gamercard
Fortunately this glitch didn't happen to me.
Toombs2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
I M1K3Y B I

I M1K3Y B I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
It glitched for me, i hate this game anyway and this has made me hate it even more

| Games 100% Completed (Including All DLC): 358 |
| Retail: 199 | Arcade: 159 |

| Road To Seriously 3.0 |
| Level: 400 | Onyx Medals: 45/65 |
| Most Recent Medal : Leader |

| Completion Percentage: 90% |
| Most Recent Retail Completion: Robotics;Notes |
| Most Recent Arcade Completion: Bomberman LIVE |

I M1K3Y B I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #10
I Am4z1n9 AZ I

Amazing AZ's Gamercard
ffs the glitch happened to me. I dont want to do another playthrough of this terrible game.

Last edited by I Am4z1n9 AZ I; 05-17-2011 at 11:25 AM.
I Am4z1n9 AZ I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:06 AM   #11
decaying dead

Decaying Dead's Gamercard
happened to me for the very last pod. i didn't rotate any, nor did i neglect to pick one up. every level says i got them all except for the last level, which says i missed one pod. there's gotta be another reason for the glitch

Also, i read somewhere that the last one the game allows you to get is the all direction gene. my last one didn't have it

Last edited by decaying dead; 05-29-2011 at 04:37 AM.
decaying dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #12
artyman60

glad this didnt happen to me
artyman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #13
Mickford

Mickford's Gamercard
Great job LifeExpectancy. Will save me a lot of pain for when I play this game
Mickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Daedski

Daedski's Gamercard
ahhh for fucks sake... just had this happen with the very last pod of the game! I never closed any pods early and always collected all the genes!

I'm beyond pissed right now and really cant be arsed playing through the whole game again. What a terribly design flaw. Can't say I'm too surprised really...
Daedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #15
KuramaBii

I got the universal gene in level 7, but still got all genes.
I never exited early.
KuramaBii is offline   Reply With Quote