|05-23-2007, 01:22 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Simple, you can even probably get this in single player on your first try. Just get a score of 30,000 in one game and this will unlock. When you get game over, that is when everyone on the field has run out of lives simaltaneously, your score resets. Multiplayer games with a good friend wouldn't hurt either, just remeber that its your score that counts, and you probably don't want your friends getting all the points.
Same as rookie except you need 100,000 this time around. I suggest playing with one other player on insane difficulty to limit the people stealing your points with the added bonus that you can be brought back to life.
Use what i said below and learn to work with your teamates, just don't die because you'll lose all of your hard-earned score.
- Kill all of the enemies in a level.
I found this easiest done on the first level, just pair up with four people on multiplayer and make sure nothnig gets by you. A good weapon for this is the missles.
- Complete a level without being shot.
- Easiest done on level one with a party of four players, just avoid bullets, ships, and asteroids and your good, even use your teamates as shields if you have to.Go for the pick-ups such as the shield and the lightning bolt to help you with this.
- Achieve this easiest with a good friend or someone that you know that isn't suicidal in this game. Just complete a level without anyone in the game dying and your set. If your teamate dies in the level you will not get this achievement.
-Host or join a party with four players and don't press any buttons and they should take care of the rest. Easiest on the first level because of it's shortness.
Simple, just play a game from level one to level 3 and you will receive this after completion. Even if you get a gameover you only just have to restart the same level over again. Play in multiplayer, and if you have to, on normal difficulty to get this achievement.
- Play a game with three other players in multiplayer and have everyone press the X button to form a four-way shooting ship, best for taking out a hoarde of enemies.
Attain 10,000 points while attached to another person's ship.
Only your score counts and you cannot be the person flying around. This is easiest on level one towards the end of the level, just attach yourself onto another ship and beat the boss because it will give you about 6000 points.
Complete the entire game on normal difficulty. This achievement is best done in multiplayer mode with 3 other players. Normal dificulty is quite simple and should take no more then 30-40 minutes to beat depending on your teamates.
Complete the entire game on insane difficulty. Insane difficulty isn't that much different than normal, only that you get one life. Play in multiplayer with a good party and make sure that if your teamates die, you kill some enemies and get a ship to bring them back. Alternatively you can join someone else's game under insane and hope that they are farther on because you will still get the achievement with less work.(Same applies to normal)
Last edited by xxNOLAUxx; 05-24-2007 at 10:27 PM.
|05-27-2007, 05:40 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2007
good hints, but it always looks neater with pics along with the tips, so here they are if you want them
these are cut from this website, and I need to redo the fine details of a few.
also the exterminator achievement, I found was very easy, I only had 1 extra guy with me, and we did it in 1 try.
never do this on insane, it isnt very nice, since most of your guys end up being shields, and you lose.
Call of Duty 2
Modern Warfare 2
|06-01-2007, 08:54 PM||#4|
nice guide. i will sticky it...
it should be noted: if you can not find friends or good players who won't die or cooperate, you can get some of them with two controllers. i attached my profile to a 2nd controller and held down "A" with my pinkie and steered the other ship to get 10,000 while attached. and since i did not die, i also received the achievement for no allies dying.
|06-14-2007, 03:47 AM||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2006
You can just use the direct links on the pictures on the achievement page.
So then you don't have to re-upload.
|02-12-2008, 08:06 AM||#8|
Join Date: Jan 2008
I don't know how to edit the guides but someone who does needs to add "Start a game local co op, even if it's only you playing. Have the xbox live profile you want to get the achievement conenct to the other ship, then simply beat that level with the other ship." to the Diplomat achievement. It's the easiest and fastest way...
|03-12-2008, 04:34 AM||#10|
I still can't get 'Ace'....please help!?
|03-12-2008, 05:08 AM||#11|
|03-12-2008, 05:50 AM||#12|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Gamertag: Hammer x360a
nice guide it makes me want to play it agian to get these achievements
Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
|07-20-2009, 10:06 AM||#23|
Join Date: Jan 2008
|10-18-2009, 02:38 AM||#26|
Join Date: Oct 2009
There exists a developer oversight in Aegis Wing that makes getting many of the achievements, including Ace, pretty simple. You need two controllers to pull it off. Easiest done in co-op offline.
At the beginning of a level, bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Hit X on controller 1 to have ship 1 attach to ship 2. Then hit X two times on controller 2 to make the ships detach, then reattach, with ship 2 under ship 1. Hit X twice back on controller 1 to have ship 1 go under ship 2. Repeat this a couple more times, swapping which controller you hit X twice on each time.
Essentially what this does is move both of your ships off the bottom edge of the screen. The enemies can't shoot you, but you can shoot them! While off the screen you will avoid all bullet fire, kamikaze ships, and obstacles. You can play through the whole level this way.
The ship that ends up attached as a turret can then fire away at will at the enemies throughout the entire level and rack up a lot of points. The ship that ends up Pilot can't shoot anything, but they can move LEFT and RIGHT. As long as you don't move up, you will stay off the screen and out of the line of fire.
You will have to do the trick to get off screen once per level.
A single run on Insane using this trick will get you the following: Rookie, Veteran, Ace, Untouchable, Immortal, Halfway Point, Teamwork, and Legend.
There are two gotchas: the first group of enemies on Level 3 (wave-flyers) will kamikaze you before you can get off the screen, and the Big Laser boss of Level 5's laser can destroy you even off the screen. For the former, just shoot down the wave-flyers and then you'll have enough time to get off the screen. For the latter, have the pilot ship move close to the boss so that you aren't in range of the laser. Congrats, you've achieved!
|01-23-2010, 03:21 PM||#27|
Join Date: Mar 2009
There are some things to add...
I was able to do it in my 3rd try, so about 75 minutes total.
I found four catches,
- Kill the level 3's first enemies that would otherwise kamikaze into you way before you can get low enough.
- At level 4, start attaching, and if you see the first enemies kamikaze into you, shoot them before continuing to attach, they may sometimes get you before you go off screen, this is the trickiest if you are working on your own as I was, but not hard at all once you know what to do (i lost here the first time)
- At level 5, as sakura explains, just move close to the boss, and you should be fine. Actually, you can line up below to constantly him it, it will be a piece of cake. You can line up with all bosses to easily kill them , EXCEPT the last boss, which is the 4th catch.
- While fighting the last boss, I was killed while lining up exactly below it because one of the attacks gets really down. This may or may not happen, but just to be safe and not lose another run as it happened to me, avoid this position, just go to the middle of the screen and get really down (like attach 10 times, 5 with each ship, and you should be fine). Do as I say, and not as I did.
I'm writing my second and third run scores, so you can have an idea of whether you are making it or not. Please note that I'm no expert player, neither had previous knowledge of the enemies positions, nor had someone to pilot left/right, which would net you more points, and could easily get you the achievement before facing the last boss. These are scores at the end of each level:
1st level - 14,400
2nd level - 42,500
3rd level - 71,800
4th level - 95,050
5th level - 127,750
6th level - 179,500 (killed by the last enemy, which I believe its 30,000 points??, so it would have been 209,500)
1st level - 11,500
2nd level - 44,550
3rd level - 71,400
4th level - 95,700
5th level - 129,000
6th level - 197,700 (spent a lot of time getting down, just to be safe)
all runs were on insane
|03-01-2010, 06:39 AM||#28|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio