PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Aegis Wing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
xxNOLAUxx

frank123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Rookie-
Simple, you can even probably get this in single player on your first try. Just get a score of 30,000 in one game and this will unlock. When you get game over, that is when everyone on the field has run out of lives simaltaneously, your score resets. Multiplayer games with a good friend wouldn't hurt either, just remeber that its your score that counts, and you probably don't want your friends getting all the points.

Veteran-
Same as rookie except you need 100,000 this time around. I suggest playing with one other player on insane difficulty to limit the people stealing your points with the added bonus that you can be brought back to life.

Ace-
Use what i said below and learn to work with your teamates, just don't die because you'll lose all of your hard-earned score.

Exterminator-
- Kill all of the enemies in a level.

I found this easiest done on the first level, just pair up with four people on multiplayer and make sure nothnig gets by you. A good weapon for this is the missles.

Untouchable-

- Complete a level without being shot.
- Easiest done on level one with a party of four players, just avoid bullets, ships, and asteroids and your good, even use your teamates as shields if you have to.Go for the pick-ups such as the shield and the lightning bolt to help you with this.

Immortal-

- Achieve this easiest with a good friend or someone that you know that isn't suicidal in this game. Just complete a level without anyone in the game dying and your set. If your teamate dies in the level you will not get this achievement.

Diplomat-
-Host or join a party with four players and don't press any buttons and they should take care of the rest. Easiest on the first level because of it's shortness.

Halfway point-

Simple, just play a game from level one to level 3 and you will receive this after completion. Even if you get a gameover you only just have to restart the same level over again. Play in multiplayer, and if you have to, on normal difficulty to get this achievement.

Epic Warrior-
- Play a game with three other players in multiplayer and have everyone press the X button to form a four-way shooting ship, best for taking out a hoarde of enemies.

Teamwork-
Attain 10,000 points while attached to another person's ship.

Only your score counts and you cannot be the person flying around. This is easiest on level one towards the end of the level, just attach yourself onto another ship and beat the boss because it will give you about 6000 points.

Hero-

Complete the entire game on normal difficulty. This achievement is best done in multiplayer mode with 3 other players. Normal dificulty is quite simple and should take no more then 30-40 minutes to beat depending on your teamates.

Legend-

Complete the entire game on insane difficulty. Insane difficulty isn't that much different than normal, only that you get one life. Play in multiplayer with a good party and make sure that if your teamates die, you kill some enemies and get a ship to bring them back. Alternatively you can join someone else's game under insane and hope that they are farther on because you will still get the achievement with less work.(Same applies to normal)

Last edited by xxNOLAUxx; 05-24-2007 at 10:27 PM.
xxNOLAUxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
fatso1311

unforgiven91's Gamercard
good hints, but it always looks neater with pics along with the tips, so here they are if you want them

these are cut from this website, and I need to redo the fine details of a few.

also the exterminator achievement, I found was very easy, I only had 1 extra guy with me, and we did it in 1 try.

Diplomat-
never do this on insane, it isnt very nice, since most of your guys end up being shields, and you lose.
Fallout 3
Borderlands

Now Playing

Modern Warfare 2
L4d2
Force Unleashed
fatso1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
Fanthir

Fanthir's Gamercard
can you get immortal while alone, because if you can... its glitched...

Edit: Nvm hehe i didnt read the whole description.

Last edited by Fanthir; 06-25-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Fanthir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
nice guide. i will sticky it...

it should be noted: if you can not find friends or good players who won't die or cooperate, you can get some of them with two controllers. i attached my profile to a 2nd controller and held down "A" with my pinkie and steered the other ship to get 10,000 while attached. and since i did not die, i also received the achievement for no allies dying.
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 AM   #5
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
You can just use the direct links on the pictures on the achievement page.

http://xbox360achievements.org/achie...php?gameID=246

So then you don't have to re-upload.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
Tekkneek

TeKknEeK's Gamercard
easy 1k for me
Old 01-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #7
Jarr0d Nz

Pagani x Zonda's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkneek View Post
easy 1k for me
lol, you mean 200 m8
Jarr0d Nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
em0rox

em0rox's Gamercard
I don't know how to edit the guides but someone who does needs to add "Start a game local co op, even if it's only you playing. Have the xbox live profile you want to get the achievement conenct to the other ship, then simply beat that level with the other ship." to the Diplomat achievement. It's the easiest and fastest way...

em0rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
Tavvy

Tavvy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thanks for the guide helps a lot!!
Tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #10
porschephiliac

Send a message via MSN to porschephiliac Send a message via Yahoo to porschephiliac

porschephiliac's Gamercard
I still can't get 'Ace'....please help!?

U.S. Army Retired
I was first to finish Ghostscape in the USA,
Live Score Tracker by 2 minutes in the World,
and Castelvania: SOTN (JP) in USA!
porschephiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #11
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschephiliac View Post
I still can't get 'Ace'....please help!?
Plug in a 2nd controller and have that controller be player 2. Start a normal game and attached player to your ship. This means all your weapon pick-ups will have the strength of 2 players. Make sure you pick up all health packs and power ups, since they give you points too. Whenever you can, use the laser beam to kill off the red asteroids that glow. If you get to the final boss and are below 165,000, you're not going to get the achievement so you might as well start over (the final boss is 20,000 points). Other than that, just try not to die and make sure you kill all the enemies you can (the homing missile and beam are helpful).
Old 03-12-2008, 05:50 AM   #12
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
nice guide it makes me want to play it agian to get these achievements

178 Completions
141 Retail
37 Arcade

Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
http://hammerx360a.blogspot.com/
Hammer 5O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
DreadfulCorpse

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Can you do all achievement with 2 controllers in co-op?
DreadfulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #14
Demander

Demander's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadfulCorpse View Post
Can you do all achievement with 2 controllers in co-op?
most but not all
Demander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
PunksNotDead2k8
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to PunksNotDead2k8 Send a message via Yahoo to PunksNotDead2k8

PunksNotDead2k8's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thanks for the guide..
PunksNotDead2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:03 AM   #16
domn8rdom

Domn8rdom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
still need the ace achievement
domn8rdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 AM   #17
RabidCheeta

I can not get the Teamwork Ach. I attached myself to someone and got over 15,000 and I didnt die or anything. I have done that 3 times. I dont know whats going on
RabidCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
Martin237

Martin237's Gamercard
do you have to get the points for ace and veteran in the same game or are the points acumulated
Old 01-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
jobless sam
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to jobless sam
add the achievement pics, nice guide anyway
jobless sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #20
UgG Chupalupa

UgG Chupalupa's Gamercard
Sweet, there's no achievement pics, but oh well, Thx N E Wayz
UgG Chupalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #21
I SUSHi I

ExchangeStudent's Gamercard
im gonna use this guide if i decide to download this game but im still having doubts

gt: ExchangeStudent

looking to boost: Saints Row, Army of Two, GTA IV
I SUSHi I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #22
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
cheeeeeers mannn<3
Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #23
Creepsho88

Creepsho88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaaady Souljah View Post
nice guide. i will sticky it...

it should be noted: if you can not find friends or good players who won't die or cooperate, you can get some of them with two controllers. i attached my profile to a 2nd controller and held down "A" with my pinkie and steered the other ship to get 10,000 while attached. and since i did not die, i also received the achievement for no allies dying.
I think someone should add this tip to the guide!
Creepsho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
Havoc

Herman6's Gamercard
if you unlock the insane achievement will you unlock the normal one aswell?

i can confirm it doesnt just did it

Last edited by Havoc; 07-29-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #25
Justin Case

Send a message via AIM to Justin Case Send a message via MSN to Justin Case Send a message via Yahoo to Justin Case

Hiata's Gamercard
Unfortunately, the difficulty completion doesn't stack.

So you gotta finish both modes.

Friendly guide by the way.

^ Credit to ToUniek ^

Justin Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:38 AM   #26
SakuraSylph

There exists a developer oversight in Aegis Wing that makes getting many of the achievements, including Ace, pretty simple. You need two controllers to pull it off. Easiest done in co-op offline.

At the beginning of a level, bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Hit X on controller 1 to have ship 1 attach to ship 2. Then hit X two times on controller 2 to make the ships detach, then reattach, with ship 2 under ship 1. Hit X twice back on controller 1 to have ship 1 go under ship 2. Repeat this a couple more times, swapping which controller you hit X twice on each time.

Essentially what this does is move both of your ships off the bottom edge of the screen. The enemies can't shoot you, but you can shoot them! While off the screen you will avoid all bullet fire, kamikaze ships, and obstacles. You can play through the whole level this way.

The ship that ends up attached as a turret can then fire away at will at the enemies throughout the entire level and rack up a lot of points. The ship that ends up Pilot can't shoot anything, but they can move LEFT and RIGHT. As long as you don't move up, you will stay off the screen and out of the line of fire.

You will have to do the trick to get off screen once per level.

A single run on Insane using this trick will get you the following: Rookie, Veteran, Ace, Untouchable, Immortal, Halfway Point, Teamwork, and Legend.

There are two gotchas: the first group of enemies on Level 3 (wave-flyers) will kamikaze you before you can get off the screen, and the Big Laser boss of Level 5's laser can destroy you even off the screen. For the former, just shoot down the wave-flyers and then you'll have enough time to get off the screen. For the latter, have the pilot ship move close to the boss so that you aren't in range of the laser. Congrats, you've achieved!
SakuraSylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #27
kiomx

kiomx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraSylph View Post

At the beginning of a level, bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Hit X on controller 1 to have ship 1 attach to ship 2. Then hit X two times on controller 2 to make the ships detach, then reattach, with ship 2 under ship 1. Hit X twice back on controller 1 to have ship 1 go under ship 2. Repeat this a couple more times, swapping which controller you hit X twice on each time.
I just used this method (which is further detailed in the "unlocking ace" thread). This makes the game so easy, the guide should be updated (is that possible??). Using this method will easily get you all achievements but epic warrior and exterminator (175 out of 200).

There are some things to add...
I was able to do it in my 3rd try, so about 75 minutes total.

I found four catches,

- Kill the level 3's first enemies that would otherwise kamikaze into you way before you can get low enough.
- At level 4, start attaching, and if you see the first enemies kamikaze into you, shoot them before continuing to attach, they may sometimes get you before you go off screen, this is the trickiest if you are working on your own as I was, but not hard at all once you know what to do (i lost here the first time)
- At level 5, as sakura explains, just move close to the boss, and you should be fine. Actually, you can line up below to constantly him it, it will be a piece of cake. You can line up with all bosses to easily kill them , EXCEPT the last boss, which is the 4th catch.
- While fighting the last boss, I was killed while lining up exactly below it because one of the attacks gets really down. This may or may not happen, but just to be safe and not lose another run as it happened to me, avoid this position, just go to the middle of the screen and get really down (like attach 10 times, 5 with each ship, and you should be fine). Do as I say, and not as I did.

I'm writing my second and third run scores, so you can have an idea of whether you are making it or not. Please note that I'm no expert player, neither had previous knowledge of the enemies positions, nor had someone to pilot left/right, which would net you more points, and could easily get you the achievement before facing the last boss. These are scores at the end of each level:

2nd run
1st level - 14,400
2nd level - 42,500
3rd level - 71,800
4th level - 95,050
5th level - 127,750
6th level - 179,500 (killed by the last enemy, which I believe its 30,000 points??, so it would have been 209,500)

3rd run
1st level - 11,500
2nd level - 44,550
3rd level - 71,400
4th level - 95,700
5th level - 129,000
6th level - 197,700 (spent a lot of time getting down, just to be safe)

all runs were on insane
Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #28
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiomx View Post
I just used this method (which is further detailed in the "unlocking ace" thread). This makes the game so easy, the guide should be updated (is that possible??). Using this method will easily get you all achievements but epic warrior and exterminator (175 out of 200).

There are some things to add...
I was able to do it in my 3rd try, so about 75 minutes total.

I found four catches,

- Kill the level 3's first enemies that would otherwise kamikaze into you way before you can get low enough.
- At level 4, start attaching, and if you see the first enemies kamikaze into you, shoot them before continuing to attach, they may sometimes get you before you go off screen, this is the trickiest if you are working on your own as I was, but not hard at all once you know what to do (i lost here the first time)
- At level 5, as sakura explains, just move close to the boss, and you should be fine. Actually, you can line up below to constantly him it, it will be a piece of cake. You can line up with all bosses to easily kill them , EXCEPT the last boss, which is the 4th catch.
- While fighting the last boss, I was killed while lining up exactly below it because one of the attacks gets really down. This may or may not happen, but just to be safe and not lose another run as it happened to me, avoid this position, just go to the middle of the screen and get really down (like attach 10 times, 5 with each ship, and you should be fine). Do as I say, and not as I did.

I'm writing my second and third run scores, so you can have an idea of whether you are making it or not. Please note that I'm no expert player, neither had previous knowledge of the enemies positions, nor had someone to pilot left/right, which would net you more points, and could easily get you the achievement before facing the last boss. These are scores at the end of each level:

2nd run
1st level - 14,400
2nd level - 42,500
3rd level - 71,800
4th level - 95,050
5th level - 127,750
6th level - 179,500 (killed by the last enemy, which I believe its 30,000 points??, so it would have been 209,500)

3rd run
1st level - 11,500
2nd level - 44,550
3rd level - 71,400
4th level - 95,700
5th level - 129,000
6th level - 197,700 (spent a lot of time getting down, just to be safe)

all runs were on insane
Very clear and very helpful.

"I don't bring my family with me, back in the day, a ninja didnít have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.Ē

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Thelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #29
Gman8D

Gman 8D's Gamercard
I've been playing this game for a few days and im having trouble on the "Ace" achievment any easy pointers?
Gman8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #30
Gman8D

Gman 8D's Gamercard
opps sorry somehow didnt see the post above me :s
Gman8D is offline   Reply With Quote